PDA

View Full Version : How long will Israel allow Iran to continue to make a nuclear bomb?

Black Diamond
06-29-2011, 01:40 AM
and what will America do to support them?

Gaffer
06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
The answer is, no longer than they have too.

They are holding back right now because the US will either do nothing to support them or drag it's feet concerning support. Israel's on it's own for now so they have to move carefully.

fj1200
06-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Do you presume that Israel has the capability with which to stop Iran?

Gaffer
06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Do you presume that Israel has the capability with which to stop Iran?

They do if they can use it, which requires being allowed fly over air space unmolested.

fj1200
06-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Right, but wouldn't the facilities be hardened enough where typical munitions wouldn't be able to penetrate? I would have to imagine that they would have learned form the Iraq strike in the 80's.

Gaffer
06-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Right, but wouldn't the facilities be hardened enough where typical munitions wouldn't be able to penetrate? I would have to imagine that they would have learned form the Iraq strike in the 80's.

I'm sure they are hardened and well concealed as well. Israel is smart enough not to announce what kind of armaments they have. And they are known for taking US and European made weaponry and improving it. They most likely have the same bunker busters we do. Israeli espionage isn't necessarily against a country. It can be used to get weapons technology to develop on their own. If the Chinese can do it, imagine what the Israeli's are capable of.

gabosaurus
06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Israel has nuclear weapons. So do India and Pakistan, two nations who have been at each other's throats for decades.
We allow North Korea to have nuclear weapons.
Having and using are two different things.

fj1200
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Having and using are two different things.

Then what's the point of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty?

abso
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Then what's the point of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty?

same question usually cross my mind, since no one ever talks about israel's nuclear weapons, if the ME should be nuclear free zone, then shouldn't israel stop developing nuclear weapons ?

and yes, having and using is two different things, none will ever use nuclear weapons nowdays, because everyone have them, and the only possible responce to firing a nuke is firing back another nuke, its too stupid from USA that they think that Iran wants nukes to fire them at israel, how could they do that exactly !!!, do you think that iranians are that stupid, don't they already know that there will be another nuke fired at them.

so far, the only country that have committed the crime of using nuclear weapons is the same one who wants to stop anyone from having nukes. :rolleyes:

Little-Acorn
06-29-2011, 06:50 PM
if the ME should be nuclear free zone,

The ME should not be a nuclear free zone.

Countries with murdering, fanatical, Jew-hating leaders such as Iran, should be nuclear free zones.

Do you understand now?

Gaffer
06-29-2011, 07:05 PM
same question usually cross my mind, since no one ever talks about israel's nuclear weapons, if the ME should be nuclear free zone, then shouldn't israel stop developing nuclear weapons ?

and yes, having and using is two different things, none will ever use nuclear weapons nowdays, because everyone have them, and the only possible responce to firing a nuke is firing back another nuke, its too stupid from USA that they think that Iran wants nukes to fire them at israel, how could they do that exactly !!!, do you think that iranians are that stupid, don't they already know that there will be another nuke fired at them.

so far, the only country that have committed the crime of using nuclear weapons is the same one who wants to stop anyone from having nukes. :rolleyes:

Do you actually believe iran would not use nukes once they get their hands on them? These are twelffers. shia nuts that want to start a cataclysmic war to bring back the 12th imam, which I'm pretty sure you don't even believe in. They don't care what happens to them or even the rest of the ME. Even the saudi's are worried about iran's nukes are looking to build refinement centers themselves, purely for energy purposes of course.

Israel has never acknowledged that they have nukes. It's been hinted at, but never officially confirmed. And they have never tested one.

If the hated Israeli's take out irans nuclear sites, making the whole region safe again, would you condemn them or applaud them? Most of the arab states supported the strike against iraq back in the 80's though they couldn't do it publicly.

Gunny
06-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Sorry. Wrong answer. No crime was committed. We were at war. The basic principle of war is to win with the least amount of casualties/damage to one's own side. That's what we did. Surprisingly, even Democrats had balls back then.

The presumption that a fundamentalist Islamic nation will not use nukes just because most Euro-think nations won't because of retaliation in kind is also incorrect.

Wake up. These people don't care if they take the whole world with them if they have to die for Allah. Muhammed, whose teachings these knuckleheads STILL follow, preached conversion, by force if necessary or death. If they get killed in the process, they're martyrs.

Get a grip on what you're talking about before you talk about it.

fj1200
06-29-2011, 09:00 PM
... committed the crime of using nuclear weapons...

Gunny's right, no crime, do you know how many lives were saved because of that? on both sides?

CSM
06-30-2011, 06:54 AM
So we have a nation that supports suicide bombings, terrorism and attacks on innocent civilians as a matter of not only foreign policy but inherent part of their culture. They get nukes and we think they are not "crazy" enough to use them???

Sadly, the US has fallen for that line of logic too many times already.