PDA

View Full Version : 17 years ago today

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 08:06 AM
I was already sitting poolside and beachside in St. Lucia, on day 3 of a 7 day vacation. I was already sipping some local rum and feeling a slight buzz. I was soaking up the rays from what I thought was a tropical paradise. An all inclusive vacation at Sandals Halcyon, for couples only.

A few short hours later I put on a suit and walked up to the beach and onto the gazebo and exchanged vows with my fiancee and she became my wife.

I can't believe it's been 17 years already. Through good and bad, we're still chugging along. Then had a son nearly 11 years ago now. Damn, the time flies!

darin
06-29-2011, 08:35 AM
That's great Jim! Wahoo!

Be glad you have a boy. My daughter got her first...monthly thing...over the weekend - she turned 12 sunday.

I hate it.

But I'm proud of her...but I hate it.

CSM
06-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Happy anniversary!

gabosaurus
06-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats Jim! Wishing you many happy years ahead!

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
That's great Jim! Wahoo!

Be glad you have a boy. My daughter got her first...monthly thing...over the weekend - she turned 12 sunday.

I hate it.

I so badly want a little girl!! But I agree, that's a precarious issue to deal with. She's maturing, but it's a hard thing for Dad's to deal with. You just hate it because Daddy's little girl is growing up!!

Happy anniversary!

Thank you, Sir!!

Congrats Jim! Wishing you many happy years ahead!

Thanks, Gabs!!

Gaffer
06-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Happy Anniversary Jim. made plans to celebrate? Or waiting for the weekend?

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Happy Anniversary Jim. made plans to celebrate? Or waiting for the weekend?

Filet Mignon and Alaskan King Crab legs for dinner. The this evening, since we'll have the boy, probably off to our town fair for some games and more food (dessert). Then back home and time for the boy to go to bed and the woman to get a headache. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
That's great Jim! Wahoo!

I hate it.

:lmao: My parents raised two daughters. My dad always used to make himself scarce when that time of the month. My sister was a particular terror. Her anger streaks are still legendary. :lmao:
So yeah, good luck with that. :)

Gaffer
06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Filet Mignon and Alaskan King Crab legs for dinner. The this evening, since we'll have the boy, probably off to our town fair for some games and more food (dessert). Then back home and time for the boy to go to bed and the woman to get a headache. :laugh2:

Isn't it a rule that if the husband remembers the anniversary they get to get lucky once a year?

Of course I know that rule is subject to change without notice. :rolleyes:

revelarts
06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
CONGRATS Jim.

Kathianne
06-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Happy Anniversary!

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Isn't it a rule that if the husband remembers the anniversary they get to get lucky once a year?

As with Valentines Day. And Chuck, aka Jackass here on the board, alerted me to Steak & a BJ day. My wife is stingy and won't adhere to the rules. But plainly put, I think this one is very fair:

You know the drill. Every 14th of February you get the chance to display your fondness for a significant other by showering her with gifts, flowers, dinner, shows and any other baubles that women find romantic. Every Valentines day you rack your brains for that one special, unique gift that will show your wife or girlfriend that you really do care for them more than any other. Now ladies, I'll let you in on a little secret; guys really don't enjoy this that much. Sure seeing that smile on your face when we get it right is priceless, but that smile is the result of weeks of blood, sweat and consideration. Another secret; guys feel left out. That's right, there's no special holiday for the ladies to show their appreciation for the men in their life. Men as a whole are either too proud or too embarrassed to admit it.

Which is why a new holiday has been created.

March 14th is now officially "Steak and Blowjob Day". Simple, effective and self explanatory, this holiday has been created so you ladies finally have a day to show your man how much you care for him.

No cards, no flowers, no special nights on the town; the name of the holiday explains it all, just a steak and a BJ. Thats it. Finally, this twin pair of Valentine's Day and Steak and Blowjob Day will usher in a new age of love as men everywhere try THAT much harder in February to ensure a memorable March 14th!

http://steakandbjday.com/

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
CONGRATS Jim.

Thanks, Rev!

Happy Anniversary!

Why Thank you, Kath!!

Gunny
06-29-2011, 09:06 PM

One would think ....

Jess
06-29-2011, 09:17 PM
One would think ....

A Marine thinking? :talk2hand:

:angel:

Jess
06-29-2011, 09:19 PM
As with Valentines Day. And Chuck, aka Jackass here on the board, alerted me to Steak & a BJ day. My wife is stingy and won't adhere to the rules. But plainly put, I think this one is very fair:

http://steakandbjday.com/

Hmph. My fella told me that holiday was applicable on any day ending in "y". He's in so much trouble ...

Oh, and congrats. :D

PostmodernProphet
06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
don't get drunk on the beach again.....one wife's enough for any man.....

Abbey Marie
06-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Happy Anniversary Jim!

Gunny
06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Hmph. My fella told me that holiday was applicable on any day ending in "y". He's in so much trouble ...

Oh, and congrats. :D

:link:

KarlMarx
06-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Happy Anniversary... cent' anno (means "100 years".. it's an old Italian way of saying "have a long and happy marriage")

Trinity
07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
That's great Jim! Wahoo!

I hate it.

Monthly thing? really? you need to deal with it, because she's going to mom for details but she's coming to dad for questions about guys that mom can't answer. Be ready...lol...tweens and teens are great!!! ;)

Trinity
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh and Happy Anniversary Jim and wife!!!!!!

jimnyc
07-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks once again, everyone! It was an uneventful day, but eventful in the fact that I certainly never envisioned myself being able to remain married for so long. Now 25-50 years seems like a piece of cake, if I can just stay alive.

Jess
07-03-2011, 09:02 AM
:link:

Behave. :slap: