PDA

View Full Version : Where's the anger, liberals?

jimnyc
06-29-2011, 04:27 PM
When Giffords was shot in Arizona months back there was a huge uproar from the liberals and the media about "bullseyes" and imitating death when referring to politicians.

Now we have the liberal base "hanging" Sarah Palin. Are you going to pull the usual double standard, Libs, or are you going to speak out about it? I'm betting big $$$$ we don't see MSM speak out, but will the liberals popping through here do so?

Palin was in Pella, Iowa, at the premiere of a documentary about her called The Undefeated, which opens with several minutes of Hollywood entertainers using some of the most vulgar language imaginable to express their displeasure with the former vice presidential candidate. Some appear genuinely angry, and director Steve Bannon cuts to news footage twice in the film of Palin being hung in effigy.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1673-sarah-palin-blasts-hollywood-stars-as-full-of-hate-at-movie-premiere

fj1200
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Stay classy liberals.

J.T
07-01-2011, 12:42 PM
The same place as the outrage over the body counts in Iraq and Afghanistan and the calls to close gitmo.

The same place the Reps' outrage over billions of dollars in red ink to subsidize corporate jets is to be found while they go on about how we can't afford a few tens of millions to fund WIC.

Welcome to politics..

KitchenKitten99
07-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Welcome to politics..
We'll just use that whenever someone defaces or insults Obama and/or his policies.

It should give us a pass on everything that is said, right?

I mean, Mike Halperin calls Obama a dick on live TV... instead of apologizing as the White House called and complain...er whined and cried about it... so that he DID apologize.

Maybe he should have stuck with his original opinion and said 'welcome to politics' as you put it. Freedom of speech?

Thunderknuckles
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
We'll just use that whenever someone defaces or insults Obama and/or his policies.

It should give us a pass on everything that is said, right?
No, because you're a racist.

I mean, Mike Halperin calls Obama a dick on live TV..

Mike is a racist.

...and FuzzyKitten, If you're foolish enough to bring up Jon Stewart making fun of Herman Cain because he doesn't like to read, you best remember that Stewart is just a comedian....

...welcome to liberal politics

SassyLady
07-02-2011, 02:26 AM
The same place as the outrage over the body counts in Iraq and Afghanistan and the calls to close gitmo.

The same place the Reps' outrage over billions of dollars in red ink to subsidize corporate jets is to be found while they go on about how we can't afford a few tens of millions to fund WIC.

Welcome to politics..

JT ... why do liberals get so outraged by the word "dick" when applied to Obama and yet cheer when Palin or Bush are hung in effigy? Is a slur more offensive to liberals than threats of murder? I guess calling the president a "dick" isn't protected by free speech.

LuvRPgrl
07-02-2011, 02:47 PM
That was an early attempt to hijack this thread by JT.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Everone can be a DICK at times. Some people all the time.

As far as where is my anger or outrage, it was "stolen" along with Bristol's virginity! :laugh:

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 04:56 PM

As far as where is my anger or outrage, it was "stolen" along with Bristol's virginity! :laugh:

Obama's daughter gives blow jobs, yeah the one he doesn't know her age. She's 'old enough.'

It grosses me out to write that. I don't know his kids, they seem nice enough. I'm guessing they've screwed up a time or two. I don't care for Palin, but find the obsession on the left for her and her kids sick. So, seems time for those that don't like Obama to do the same in return.

Gaffer
07-02-2011, 05:03 PM

She got drunk and had a moment of stupidity. You, on the other hand, remain stupid.

Last I looked, Bristol was not a politician nor trying to be one. Only a DICK would bring her name up.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 05:19 PM
NO, only a DICK would write it in a book for $$$$$! :lol:

Not at all obsessed. Just tired of seeing such things when I turn on ANY supposedly NEWS!

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Not at all obsessed. Just tired of seeing such things when I turn on ANY supposedly NEWS!

Obama is the dick, the left says so.

Gaffer
07-02-2011, 05:32 PM

That supposed news is operated by the DNC.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Easy Kathy...Don't go off like a 4th of July firework!

She got drunk and had a moment of stupidity. You, on the other hand, remain stupid.

Last I looked, Bristol was not a politician nor trying to be one. Only a DICK would bring her name up.

No she's not a politician..But she wants to be a celeb and make tons of $$ without any real abilities.

Thanks, but after reading your posts and interview I will stick with getting my advice from people that I respect for their intellect, abilities, and how they handle life.

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Easy Kathy...Don't go off like a 4th of July firework!

I rarely do. You do know that Michelle was considering divorce before the Presidential bid? My guess is his kisses were like an ashtray. Not to mention the problems with the mistresses.

Gaffer
07-02-2011, 05:52 PM
No she's not a politician..But she wants to be a celeb and make tons of $$ without any real abilities.

Thanks, but after reading your posts and interview I will stick with getting my advice from people that I respect for their intellect, abilities, and how they handle life.

The media is making her a celebrity in order to go after her mother. It's a simple fact.

I haven't given you any advice. Just stated my opinion and named called. I haven't done or said anything to earn your respect so I don't expect it. :thumb:

I rarely do. You do know that Michelle was considering divorce before the Presidential bid? My guess is his kisses were like an ashtray. Not to mention the problems with the mistresses.

That explains the globe hopping continuous vacations.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 05:57 PM

I would imagine the life of a lot politicans wives can be demanding and difficult. But did Michelle put any of this in a book?

The media is making her a celebrity in order to go after her mother. It's a simple fact.

I haven't given you any advice. Just stated my opinion and named called. I haven't done or said anything to earn your respect so I don't expect it. :thumb:

Only your service, which I thank you for.

I don't care about the KID, I just want to stop hearing about her but can't! because all the media she seems to do is for selling herself. The media dosn't put her out there ...she does! Do you have an agent or agency?

jimnyc
07-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I would imagine the life of a lot politicans wives can be demanding and difficult. But did Michelle put any of this in a book?

I know the Palin's are supportive of one another, even in their books. Obama has a tendency to toss relatives under the bus. But I guess that's because his grandma is a typical white woman.

I'd rather read about a mistake that lead to a miracle than a racist.

Gaffer
07-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Only your service, which I thank you for.

I don't care about the KID, I just want to stop hearing about her but can't! because all the media she seems to do is for selling herself. The media dosn't put her out there ...she does! Do you have an agent or agency?

As I see it, Bristol is using the DNC media to promote herself, they in turn are promoting her because they want to find shit they can use against her mother. And I don't think Palin is even going to run. She's making too much money and is distracting the media from the other candidates. She's using the PDS to benefit and enrich herself. Bachman and Cain top my list right now.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 07:12 PM
As I see it, Bristol is using the DNC media to promote herself, they in turn are promoting her because they want to find shit they can use against her mother. And I don't think Palin is even going to run. She's making too much money and is distracting the media from the other candidates. She's using the PDS to benefit and enrich herself. Bachman and Cain top my list right now.

I guees I don't agree with you as I don't see the conspiracies behind everything as you can.

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I guees I don't agree with you as I don't see the conspiracies behind everything as you can.

then you are being dishonest. The problem/news of the daughter has everything to do with the mother. From the daughter's possibilities of making money to the left's attacks on the kids.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 07:27 PM
then you are being dishonest. The problem/news of the daughter has everything to do with the mother. From the daughter's possibilities of making money to the left's attacks on the kids.

I agree that Bristol's exposure is only due to being her Mothers Daughter, much like many others riding the "coattails" of other famous parents. Where we disagree with is that she is paid to be on reality shows for HER own benefit and thus is open to the type of exposure that these shows & autobiography books create.

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I agree that Bristol's exposure is only due to being her Mothers Daughter, much like many others riding the "coattails" of other famous parents. Where we disagree with is that she is paid to be on reality shows for HER own benefit and thus is open to the type of exposure that these shows & autobiography books create.

Ok, so would all the boys lined up in the park for Obama's 13 year old daughter to give blow jobs, been there if she wasn't the father's daughter?

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Ok, so would all the boys lined up in the park for Obama's 13 year old daughter to give blow jobs, been there if she wasn't the father's daughter?

You are just lowering yourself even more with such comments!! Your favorite memories of the park are your own until you put them in a book for sale!

Binky
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM

Making tons of money without the real abilities sounds exactly like that dimwit Paris Hilton. No special talents. Just good at mooching off her daddys name. She strikes me as white trash. Only difference is that she has money to line her trash can....

LuvRPgrl
07-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Yea, like you wouldn't do the same if given the opportunity.

DragonStryk72
07-02-2011, 10:49 PM

Really? Governor of a state doesn't count as a politician? Interesting view you got there.

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Really? Governor of a state doesn't count as a politician? Interesting view you got there.

We were talking about Bristol Palin...come on try to keep up!

Gunny
07-03-2011, 07:20 AM

Why? Who is Bristol Palin besides a deflection? The left should be thanking God for the Palins. They've provided the left's answers to all question concerning Obama and his administration.

Palin this ... Palin that .... polly wanna cracker?

Shadow
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
JT ... why do liberals get so outraged by the word "dick" when applied to Obama and yet cheer when Palin or Bush are hung in effigy? Is a slur more offensive to liberals than threats of murder? I guess calling the president a "dick" isn't protected by free speech.

Same reason that they have no problem with Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann being called a "slut" (along with other nasty names). They are hypocrits with no integrity.

Shadow
07-03-2011, 08:44 AM

Well...could have also been because of that male prostitute that he hired to give him BJ's in the back of his limo...Remember?...the one he was trying to silence during the presidential campaign.

KitchenKitten99
07-03-2011, 07:44 PM
No, because you're a racist.

Mike is a racist.

...and FuzzyKitten, If you're foolish enough to bring up Jon Stewart making fun of Herman Cain because he doesn't like to read, you best remember that Stewart is just a comedian....

...welcome to liberal politics
I'm not racist. I dislike everyone equally. :cool:

red states rule
07-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Libs want to talk about anyone or anything EXCEPT Obama. In the last election all libs (and their allies in the liberal media) talked about was the racist Tea Party and how everything was Bush's fault

We all know how well that worked out for the Dems

Now as Obama is seen more and more as a toal and complete failure the focus MUST be shifted away from him, and the left sets their sights on ANYONE who they see as a threat to their political power

We will NEVER see the liberal media - or Obama's supporters - hold Obama accountable to the the results of his policies. They will always try to pass the buck, make excuses, and try to shift attention away from the Chosen One

Ms Palin (and her family) are targets for the left since their only goal is too protect Obama

I do find libs hitting new lows as they even attack a child with Down Syndrome. Real classy libs we have there SD

LuvRPgrl
07-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I do find libs hitting new lows as they even attack a child with Down Syndrome. Real classy libs we have there SD

thats not really a low for them

red states rule
07-05-2011, 03:01 AM

Perhaps I was being too kind

After all when the left has Larry Flint publicly attacking the Palin family on their behalf, the left is not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

They are looking under it

J.T
07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
I mean, Mike Halperin calls Obama a dick on live TV

And?

... instead of apologizing as the White House called and complain...er whined and cried about it... so that he DID apologize.

Maybe he should have stuck with his original opinion and said 'welcome to politics' as you put it. Freedom of speech?

Yep. Here: Obama's a dick, Bush was a sack of shit, and all politicians are scum.

Don't like what's being said? Change the channel or don't feel the need to join the discussion.

It's not like he's advocating violence or anything.

J.T
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
JT ... why do liberals get so outraged by the word "dick" when applied to Obama and yet cheer when Palin or Bush are hung in effigy?
The same reason the other side throws a fit if someone says something 'sexist' about Palin but have neve voiced complaint when I said Hillary 'Sniper Fire' a lying **** (also a 'sexist' term).

The same reason Al Sharpton cries over 'nigger' but not over 'honkey', 'cracker', or 'peckerwood', and the left cries over 'faggot' but not over 'hillbilly' or 'ignorant redneck'.

J.T
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't care for Palin, but find the obsession on the left for her and her kids sick.

Do keep in mind the way these people view children in the first place

http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2008/03/31/obama-says-he-doesnt-want-his-daughters-punished-with-a.aspx

red states rule
07-05-2011, 04:13 PM
It is always refreshing when liberals show their tolerant side toward handicapped children

That strange man yelling unintelligibly at Sarah Palin? He’s merely a lowly shepherd proclaiming the birth of our savior. Today is the day we come together to celebrate the snowbilly grifter’s magical journey from Texas to Alaska to deliver to the America the great gentleman scholar Trig Palin. Is Palin his true mother? Or was Bristol? (And why is it that nobody questions who the father is? Because, either way, Todd definitely did it.) It doesn’t matter. What matters is that we are privileged to live in a time when we can witness the greatest prop in world political history. [...]

“Why just celebrate tax day today, April 18th? It’s also Trig Paxson Van Palin’s 3rd birthday. His mom went to a lot of trouble to leak amniotic fluid over 8 states to make sure that he arrived in this world somewhat alive,” writes Wonkette operative “Barbara_i,” reminding us of the occasion. “Sarah went to a whole lot of trouble to name him ‘Van Palin,’ a ‘Van Halen’ reference he will never get.” Indeed.

Enjoy yourself today, Trig. Have fun! Get drunk (on purpose this time)! We can hardly wait for 15 years from now, when you will finally be able to vote and will be sent off by your mother’s junta to fight the Union in the Great Alaska War. It’ll be quite a loss. You’re the smartest one in that family.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/04/20/liberal-website-wonkette-disgracefully-attacks-trig-palin-his-birthda#ixzz1RGdxXGlp

SassyLady
07-07-2011, 02:44 AM

You are right ... it's just SOP.

Liberal progressives are basically machiavellian in nature....and this is why they feel no remorse for what they do.

red states rule
07-07-2011, 02:54 AM
You are right ... it's just SOP.

Liberal progressives are basically machiavellian in nature....and this is why they feel no remorse for what they do.

So true. Here is another example of liberal tolerance and compassion

Like many, I am troubled by the implications of Alaska governor and Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin's decision to knowingly give birth to a child disabled with Down syndrome. Given that Palin's decision is being celebrated in some quarters, it is crucial to reaffirm the morality of aborting a fetus diagnosed with Down syndrome (or by extension, any unborn fetus)—a freedom that anti-abortion advocates seek to deny.

A parent has a moral obligation to provide for his or her children until these children are equipped to provide for themselves. Because a person afflicted with Down syndrome is only capable of being marginally productive (if at all) and requires constant care and supervision, unless a parent enjoys the wealth to provide for the lifetime of assistance that their child will require, they are essentially stranding the cost of their child's life upon others.

So while anti-abortion commentators such as Michael Franc of the National Review sees Down syndrome's victims as "ambassadors of God" who "offer us the opportunity to rise to that greatest of all challenges," for many, that opportunity for challenge is little more than a lifetime of endless burden. In this light, it is completely legitimate for a woman to look at the circumstances of her life and decide that having a child with Down syndrome (or any child for that matter) is not an obligation that she can accept. After all, the choice to have a child is a profoundly selfish choice; that is, a choice that is an expression of the parent's personal desire to create new life.

And most parents seek to create healthy life; in the case of the unborn fetuses shown to have severe developmental disabilities, one study reports that over 90% of these fetuses are aborted prior to birth. But if you notice, the anti-abortion zealots try to attach a dirty little slur to these abortions, labeling them a form of eugenics. For example, in 2005, as he condemned those who opposed federal legislation that would have attempted to dissuade women carrying fetuses diagnosed with severe disabilities from having abortions, conservative pundit George Will wrote:

If it is not unobjectionable, let's identify the objectors, who probably favor the pernicious quest -- today's "respectable" eugenics -- for a disability-free society.

So in the anti-abortion advocate's eyes, a parent's desire to raise healthy children by squelching unhealthy fetuses while the are still in the womb is little more than a pernicious quest, but it is not considered a pernicious quest to knowingly bring severely disabled children into this world. On the contrary, such a choice is held out as an great example of upstanding morality. For example, consider this recent press release from a conservative anti-abortion advocacy group which celebrated Plain's birth announcement:

The Palin family is a wonderful example of a family who made the right choice to embrace their child and his future. Wendy Wright, President of Concerned Women for America (CWA), commends Governor Palin, saying, "She is even more beautiful inside than out. Her proud and warm announcement of the birth of their special child revealed the depth of love and faith of this extraordinary woman. May God give America more women and statesmen like her.

"Special needs children can bring out the best in people. They draw out compassion, patience, a joy for the simple things in life in people around them," says Wright. "In some ways, we need special needs people more than they need us."

That is, we need the mentally retarded to teach us how to better sacrifice our lives and divest ourselves of our self-interested ways more than they need us to care for them. At Noodlefood, Diana Hsieh condemns such a stand as "the worship of retardation." Given that Palin had complete foreknowledge of her child's severe disability yet nevertheless chose to have it, it is hard not to see her choice as anything less.

http://ruleofreason.blogspot.com/2008/09/palins-down-syndrome-child-and-right-to.htm