PDA

View Full Version : Some Things Need To Be Made In USA

Kathianne
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Glad they found the problem, but not ok that it happened in the first place:

http://www.businessinsider.com/navy-chinese-microchips-weapons-could-have-been-shut-off-2011-6

The Navy Bought Fake Chinese Microchips That Could Have Disarmed U.S. Missiles
Robert Johnson | Jun. 27, 2011, 9:22 AM | 46,709 | 115

Last year, the U.S. Navy bought 59,000 microchips for use in everything from missiles to transponders and all of them turned out to be counterfeits from China.

Wired reports the chips weren't only low-quality fakes, they had been made with a "back-door" and could have been remotely shut down at any time.

If left undiscovered the result could have rendered useless U.S. missiles and killed the signal from aircraft that tells everyone whether it's friend or foe.

J.T
07-01-2011, 12:44 PM
The day I saw American flags for sale at the army-navy store marked 'Made in China', I knew it was over.

This is yet one more sign.

America's done for.

Fuck it, I'm joining the winning team...

Gaffer
07-01-2011, 01:15 PM
The day I saw American flags for sale at the army-navy store marked 'Made in China', I knew it was over.

This is yet one more sign.

America's done for.

Fuck it, I'm joining the winning team...

In other words your a quitter. That's okay, we don't need you.

J.T
07-01-2011, 01:20 PM
In other words your a quitter.
Nope, just smarter than you.

What, exactly, do you stand for, anyway?

That's okay, we don't need you.
:slap:

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/neologisms.aspx

:rolleyes:

Now shutup and so as you're told like the useful idiot you are.

Gaffer
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Oh look the grammer police. Stones and glass houses comes to mind here.

I think I will withhold judgement on the smarter part of your post.

Where I stand is irrelavent.

Do you think you can shut me up? You're welcome to try.

Trinity
07-01-2011, 09:14 PM

Wow really.....useful idiot huh?! Well that useful idiot was one of those guys who went and fought for you're right to act like a complete imbecile...how about instead of a straight up out of your ass comment, you give an old fashioned american salute :salute: to one of the soldiers who fought for your right to make a complete ass out of yourself, to anyone who cares to view this thread.

Last time I checked proper grammar was not what won you, your're freedom.

Gaffer
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
And I look smarter than him too.

Binky
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow really.....useful idiot huh?! Well that useful idiot was one of those guys who went and fought for you're right to act like a complete imbecile...how about instead of a straight up out of your ass comment, you give an old fashioned american salute :salute: to one of the soldiers who fought for your right to make a complete ass out of yourself, to anyone who cares to view this thread.

Last time I checked proper grammar was not what won you, your're freedom.

:clap::clap: And while he's at it he can salute my hubby who was in artillery and rode tanks and shot the heavy artillery. He was the one that went in first clearing the way for the infantry. Kudos to all who fought for freedom. :salute:

Abbey Marie
07-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I have noticed that JT is just a name-caller; the most simplistic form of comeback in a debate. People like that are not really worthy of attention in this type of forum.

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I have noticed that JT is just a name-caller; the most simplistic form of comeback in a debate. People like that are not really worthy of attention in this type of forum.

I agree. I 'knew' him on another forum and found the best way to deal with him and other trolls were not to respond, regardless of provocation. He wants to rile up everyone, then bash them whatever position they take. He's a troll.

Another is TheShadowknows or whatever his name is. Has been posting on my profile page, has sent provocative pm. I refuse to engage with such.

If trolls wish to stop being trolls, fine. They will then be responded to. That's my take.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I agree. I 'knew' him on another forum and found the best way to deal with him and other trolls were not to respond, regardless of provocation. He wants to rile up everyone, then bash them whatever position they take. He's a troll.

Another is TheShadowknows or whatever his name is. Has been posting on my profile page, has sent provocative pm. I refuse to engage with such.

If trolls wish to stop being trolls, fine. They will then be responded to. That's my take.

Works for me. :salute:

J.T
07-05-2011, 10:48 AM
you're right to act like a complete imbecile

...how about instead of a straight up out of your ass comment, you give an old fashioned american saluteI don't support terrorist states (http://www.counterpunch.org/valentine.html).

:salute: to one of the soldiers who fought for your right When was this? When and where did you fight? It's been a long time since any American soldier could make any such claim.

Last time I checked proper grammar was not what won you, your're freedom.Nor was the U.S. military during my lifetime.

As reported earlier (https://www.checkpointusa.org/blog/index.php/2008/12/17/p112), I came across additional information regarding the participation of the U.S. Marines in sobriety checkpoints being conducted by the County Sheriff and Highway Patrol in San Bernardino County, California.
According to a December 10, 2008 press release (https://www.checkpointusa.org/blog/media/chpMarineCP.jpg) from the Highway Patrol, USMC Military Police participated in a joint task force with the County sheriff and state police to conduct a sobriety checkpoint on December 12, 2008. All in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act that prohibits the military from participating in civilian law enforcement operations under most circumstances.
https://www.checkpointusa.org/blog/index.php/2008/12/17/p113

Land of the Free?
http://www.growswitch.com/blog/2011/06/tsa-police-state-checkpoints-coming-soon-tsa-security-exercise-covers-3-states-5000-miles/

J.T
07-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Kudos to all who fought for freedom. :salute:
Alas, I think they're all dead now.

Gaffer
07-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Alas, I think they're all dead now.

Nope, In spite of all your efforts, we're still here.

J.T
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Nope, In spite of all your efforts, we're still here.
When and where did you fight for what, exactly?

Gaffer
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
When and where did you fight for what, exactly?

As an infantryman in Vietnam, as a member of SAC during the cold war, as a deputy sheriff, as a voter and adding my voice to the many others for the betterment of this country. You see I stand for the country, not the administrations that want to control the country. That's the part you can't seem to grasp.

Korea was the first combat front of the cold war. Vietnam was the second along with many others to follow in other parts of the world. The soviets collapsed, but China is still there and a new Russia that is just as dangerous as the old one. We now also have islam and the new world order liberals. We are always fighting for liberty no matter where we go.

The farther you move from historic events the easier to see the big picture.

Trinity
07-05-2011, 08:32 PM
https://www.checkpointusa.org/blog/index.php/2008/12/17/p113

Land of the Free?
http://www.growswitch.com/blog/2011/06/tsa-police-state-checkpoints-coming-soon-tsa-security-exercise-covers-3-states-5000-miles/

Well I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt.....but seriously blogs?! That is not considered factual information, that is considered opinion. As much as I disagree with the TSA searches I can't take you seriously when posting links to a blog written by a man who is known as a British comedian/conspiracy theorist. Oh and Wikipedia is also a questionable source. Have a nice day.

J.T
07-06-2011, 01:00 PM
As an infantryman in Vietnam
You never fought for America in VietNam, nor did you ever fight there for anyone's liberty. You supported a terrorist state in its supression of an indigenous anti-colonial resistance and internal civil war in which the U.S. got involved with the sole purpose of protect Western capitalist interests (neocolonial investments, potential future markets, and cheap labour and resources) in order to ensure the Western ruling elites would not see world events lead to a decrease in profits.

You see I stand for the country, not the administrations that want to control the country.

You were used a pawn of the political elites to serve their own financial interests.

The soviets collapsed, but China is still there

And? China is the ideal to which the American Right aspires: a growing military presence, state capitalism and massive wealth gap, and the oppression of dissident opinion.

We now also have islam
Muslims: The New Jews :rolleyes:

and the new world order liberals.
New World Order?

Liberals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRp7xlhgbo

We are always fighting for liberty no matter where we go.

The facts indicate otherwise.

J.T
07-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Well I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt.....but seriously blogs?! That is not considered factual information, that is considered opinion. As much as I disagree with the TSA searches I can't take you seriously when posting links to a blog written by a man who is known as a British comedian/conspiracy theorist. Oh and Wikipedia is also a questionable source. Have a nice day.

I see you never learned how to read

“The participating teams are composed of a variety of TSA assets including federal air marshals, canine teams, inspectors and bomb appraisal officers. They will be joined by state and local law enforcement officials to supplement existing resources, provide detection and response capabilities. The exercise will utilize multiple airborne assets, including Blackhawk helicopters and fixed wing aircraft as well as waterborne and surface teams,” reports the Marietta Times (http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/content.detail/id/536701/TSA-conducting-security-exercise-.html?nav=5002).

“In addition to using three helicopters for aerial inspection, the exercise made use of the Ohio Highway Patrol’s camera-equipped Cessna Caravan, which is capable of transmitting close-up, detailed real-time images of objects on the ground taken from more than five miles away,” reports the Charleston Gazette (http://wvgazette.com/201006160894).

Care to try again, coward? Or would you like to continue your evasion and keep hiding from the facts?

Gaffer
07-06-2011, 02:50 PM
You never fought for America in VietNam, nor did you ever fight there for anyone's liberty. You supported a terrorist state in its supression of an indigenous anti-colonial resistance and internal civil war in which the U.S. got involved with the sole purpose of protect Western capitalist interests (neocolonial investments, potential future markets, and cheap labour and resources) in order to ensure the Western ruling elites would not see world events lead to a decrease in profits.

Spoken like a true komrad who wasn't around then. I'm well aware of the interests of the time. And I know why I was there. You don't.

You were used a pawn of the political elites to serve their own financial interests.

We are all used as pawns even today. The political elites have just grown stronger and taken more control.

And? China is the ideal to which the American Right aspires: a growing military presence, state capitalism and massive wealth gap, and the oppression of dissident opinion.

China is the ideal the left aspires too. Govt control over all its citizens. No opposition allowed.

Muslims: The New Jews :rolleyes:

Not the new Jews, the new world threat. They have plans for their own new world order.

New World Order?

Liberals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRp7xlhgbo

The facts indicate otherwise.

You actually believe Bush was a conservative?

J.T
07-07-2011, 12:32 PM
We are all used as pawns even today. The political elites have just grown stronger and taken more control.

And yet most of your number rush to defend the system in the name of Jingo.

China is the ideal the left aspires too. Govt control over all its citizens

You mean like making sodomy laws and laws banning contraceptives?

You really don't get it, do you? It's not a left-right thing.

Gaffer
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
And yet most of your number rush to defend the system in the name of Jingo.

You mean like making sodomy laws and laws banning contraceptives?

You really don't get it, do you? It's not a left-right thing.

What system are you referring too? The constitutional system we have is really all there is, and all we have to work from. Unless you have something better. That's what the Tea Party's about. Working within the frame work of the constitution to change things. The other option is out right war. And I don't see any rallying for that at this time. Though I do believe a million armed man march on washington would get real results.

I'm not interested in queer laws or contraceptive laws. Save those for the other threads.

I do get it, a lot more than you think I do and probably more than you do. It's us verses the elites. And the elites have millions of followers. They are the new nobility. Different names and titles, but still the same power grabbing. China has their own elites, and they do have absolute power which our elites and the European elites want very badly.

I think you and I are in agreement on a lot of things except Israel and islam. You and the elites don't seem to recognize islam will be the cause of the next great world war. Coming soon to a theater of operations near you.

J.T
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
What system are you referring too? The constitutional system we have is really all there is
You really believe the system in place today has anything to do with the Constitution beyond mere lip service?

Working within the frame work of the constitution to change things.
Why?

Did we 'Work within the framework of the Articles to fix things'? No. We scrapped it.

Please explain exactly why we should be ruled by corpses and blindly cling to your scrap of parchment.

The reality is this: Constitutionalism is a religion, complete with its own bible, prophets, and dogmatic creed.

The other option is out right war.
You create a false dichotomy. This is interesting, as all those evil communists came up with a peaceable alternative while you call for bloodshed and death.

Why is that?

It's us verses the elites.
You're starting to sound like a Marxist...

islam will be the cause of the next great world war.

No, it won't. Class antagonisms and the struggle for power will be the cause of the next war, just as they have been the root causes of near every conflict in history. Add in the fight for resources, and you've the causes for every war ever waged.

I don't doubt it will be dressed up in cries of 'Deus Volt' and 'Allah Akbar'; religion has always served as a tool of mass manipulation and control. indeed, that is the very reason it exists in the first place and has always been its primary function.

Gaffer
07-12-2011, 09:59 AM
You really believe the system in place today has anything to do with the Constitution beyond mere lip service?

Why?

Did we 'Work within the framework of the Articles to fix things'? No. We scrapped it.

Please explain exactly why we should be ruled by corpses and blindly cling to your scrap of parchment.

The reality is this: Constitutionalism is a religion, complete with its own bible, prophets, and dogmatic creed.
You create a false dichotomy. This is interesting, as all those evil communists came up with a peaceable alternative while you call for bloodshed and death.

Why is that?

You're starting to sound like a Marxist...

No, it won't. Class antagonisms and the struggle for power will be the cause of the next war, just as they have been the root causes of near every conflict in history. Add in the fight for resources, and you've the causes for every war ever waged.

I don't doubt it will be dressed up in cries of 'Deus Volt' and 'Allah Akbar'; religion has always served as a tool of mass manipulation and control. indeed, that is the very reason it exists in the first place and has always been its primary function.

The system in place today was created using the Constitution. It's been twisted, altered, and bastardized. we need to go back to the roots.

The frame work is designed to be worked within without scraping the whole system. But if the powers that be don't allow working in that frame work then you have step outside of it and change things complete.

How is the Constitution a religion? Do you consider all rules or forms of government religion? That "old piece of parchment" as you call it, established the rules of govt for our country. They are rules that restrain that govt. They have been usurped or ignored by the elected officials for decades.

We can use those rules of governance and work withing the electoral system to correct things. Or we can have open rebellion. Unfortunately there are many within the government that will oppose changes by any means necessary to maintain their power.

All those "evil communists", used deception to slowly work their way into the positions they now hold. And blood baths on their part are not uncommon. Especially among the people they are ruling.

Is calling for revolution against the marxists marxist?

Thunderknuckles
07-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Back to the original post:
Some things should be and are required to be made in America so I'm not sure where the Navy went wrong. I work for a manufacturing company and we have contracts with the defense department. Despite having plants in Mexico and China, we are required to manufacture defense related items here in the US only. I believe this requirement falls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations but don't know the specifics.

In any case, despite the higher manufacturing costs, anything related to our nation's defense should be manufactured only in the US under tight regulation. We're compromising our national security otherwise.

LuvRPgrl
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
The system in place today was created using the Constitution. It's been twisted, altered, and bastardized. we need to go back to the roots.

The frame work is designed to be worked within without scraping the whole system. But if the powers that be don't allow working in that frame work then you have step outside of it and change things complete.

How is the Constitution a religion? Do you consider all rules or forms of government religion? That "old piece of parchment" as you call it, established the rules of govt for our country. They are rules that restrain that govt. They have been usurped or ignored by the elected officials for decades.

We can use those rules of governance and work withing the electoral system to correct things. Or we can have open rebellion. Unfortunately there are many within the government that will oppose changes by any means necessary to maintain their power.

All those "evil communists", used deception to slowly work their way into the positions they now hold. And blood baths on their part are not uncommon. Especially among the people they are ruling.

Is calling for revolution against the marxists marxist?

Calling for a revolution would be considered by the govt and most citizens as traitorous.
...... Personally, I dont see a solution, this is very similiar to Rome. Nobody really cares as long as they are being taken care of. By the time it becomes obvious to enough people to do something about it, the interior is so rotted, and then ROME burns.

Gaffer
07-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Calling for a revolution would be considered by the govt and most citizens as traitorous.
...... Personally, I dont see a solution, this is very similiar to Rome. Nobody really cares as long as they are being taken care of. By the time it becomes obvious to enough people to do something about it, the interior is so rotted, and then ROME burns.

Those with the eyes and sense to see are going to watch it burn. Then we have to see what rises from the ashes.

J.T
07-12-2011, 09:26 PM
How is the Constitution a religion?
Not what I said. I said 'Constitutionalism is a religion, complete with its own bible, prophets, and dogmatic creed.'

That "old piece of parchment" as you call it, established the rules of govt for our country.

Wrong. The People (or those elites who could command men with guns, depending on one's outlook) did. Including banning any attempt at the abolition of slavery.

They are rules that restrain that govt.
What such rules have been meaningful enforced in the past 70 years?

They have been usurped or ignored by the elected officials for decades.

Then COTUS is not even in effect.

We can use those rules of governance and work withing the electoral system to correct things. Or we can have open rebellion.
Or we can take the third route, as the FF did and as those evil communist hippies do today when they construct for themselves antonymous systems of governance operating independently of the 'official' government of the American empire.

Here's some very rudimentary reading for you:

Autonomism refers to a set of left-wing (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Left-wing) political and social movements and theories close to the socialist movement (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Socialism). As an identifiable theoretical system it first emerged in Italy in the 1960s (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/History_of_Italy_as_a_Republic) from workerist (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Workerist) (operaismo (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Operaismo)) communism (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Communism). Later, post-Marxist (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Marxism) and anarchist (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Anarchist) tendencies became significant after influence from the Situationists (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Situationist_International), the failure of Italian far-left (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Far-left) movements in the 1970s, and the emergence of a number of important theorists including Antonio Negri (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Antonio_Negri), who had contributed to the 1969 founding of Potere Operaio (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Potere_Operaio), Mario Tronti, Paolo Virno (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Paolo_Virno), etc.

It influenced the German and Dutch Autonomen, the worldwide Social Centre movement (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Social_Centre_movement), and today is influential in Italy, France, and to a lesser extent the English-speaking countries. Those who describe themselves as autonomists now vary from Marxists to post-structuralists (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Post-structuralism) and anarchists.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Autonomism

All those "evil communists", used deception to slowly work their way into the positions they now hold.

What?

And blood baths on their part are not uncommon. Especially among the people they are ruling.

I see. You went to government schools didn't you?

I refer you to the word of the National Education Association's Joy Elmer Morgan: The teacher... can do much to prepare the hearts and minds of children... At the very top of all the agencies which will assure the coming world government must stand the school, the teacher, and the organized profession.

J.T
07-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Those with the eyes and sense to see are going to watch it burn. Then we have to see what rises from the ashes.
Or- just a thought- we could begin building the foundation of a new order instead of waiting for the crazed mobs and strongmen to determine who will rule over us.

logroller
07-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Or- just a thought- we could begin building the foundation of a new order instead of waiting for the crazed mobs and strongmen to determine who will rule over us.

Ok, I'll bite-- Where do we start?

KarlMarx
07-13-2011, 07:47 AM
On the one hand, moving manufacturing overseas made economic sense because labor costs in this country are too high and there are too many regulations, at least, according to the consumer.

On the other hand, if we had to go to war against China or another country, how would we manufacture ships, bullets, and all of the other things that we would need to support a war effort? We'd have to build the factories first. Plus, we've given China those factories (they would nationalize them if they don't already own them)

It's not a good situation.

Gaffer
07-13-2011, 10:09 AM
JT: I see. You went to government schools didn't you?

I went to public school, in the 50's and early 60's. You know, the days when they didn't have teachers unions and government controlled classrooms and free lunch programs. So what private school did you attend?

LuvRPgrl
07-14-2011, 02:41 PM
You bitch about people calling for a new world order, and then, there you go, doing the same thing.

Oh, and just a note, when Gaffer and I went to school, there was no Federal Dept of Education, and if any govt brainwashing was done, we have had plenty of time to dig up the real facts and get a very realistic grip on things.

His having served in Vietnam, whether you agree with the war or not (soldiers dont get to choose their theater of combat), he deserves recognition, support and accolades for having put his life on the line, which is more than you or I have ever done.

J.T
07-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok, I'll bite-- Where do we start?
We start with rebuilding the very foundation of society, which has been slowly and deliberately eroded over the last century: the family.

It begins with the nuclear family and the extended family on top of that. Then multiple families come together to build strong communities. As these communities come together, we see the emergence of the greater society.

We must also begin to rebuild the foundation of economic strength, which is making every household, every family, and every community as viable and independent as possible. So long as we are dependent upon the centralized production of basic foodstuffs and other goods and their dissemination by the financial and industrial elites, we are at their mercy and cannot exist without them.

Anyone remember Liberty Gardens?

J.T
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
On the one hand, moving manufacturing overseas made economic sense because labor costs in this country are too high... at least, according to the consumer.

Wouldn't a problem if average real income weren't on the decline and we kept enough of the surplus value (wealth) we generate through our labours. Then, too, through our purchases, we'd be able to continue to feed the capitalist system and make the capitalists wealthy through mutual prosperity.

The capitalists, however, are not interested in the mutual prosperity socialism brought to America in the past (think: 1950s-style social democracy). They much prefer to drive the world towards globalism and neofeudalism.

Chinese communism is the greatest expression of capitalism

and there are too many regulations

That's according to the capitalists, not the consumers.

On the other hand, if we had to go to war against China or another country, how would we manufacture ships, bullets, and all of the other things that we would need to support a war effort? We'd have to build the factories first. Plus, we've given China those factories (they would nationalize them if they don't already own them)

It's not a good situation.

You forget that capitalism cares not for nationalism. The U.S. is scheduled to cease to exist anyway.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=37000

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=301325

J.T
07-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I went to public school, in the 50's and early 60's.

long after the NEA, the Rockefellers, the Carnagies, and others admitted the entire point of government schools is to keep you stupid and obedient

Again, in their own words:

The teacher... can do much to prepare the hearts and minds of children... At the very top of all the agencies which will assure the coming world government must stand the school, the teacher, and the organized profession.

http://www.archive.org/stream/childtheparentan012902mbp#page/n5/mode/2up

http://ann.sagepub.com/content/325/1/143.2.full.pdf+html

functions of public schooling:
1 -adjustive. establishing fixed habits of reaction to authority
2 - diagnostic. sorting andf training toward destination in social machine
3 - conformity.
4 - [racial] hygienic.
5 - propardutic / continuation. Small fraction trained to take over mgmt of the system

occasional letter number one 1906, rockefeller's general education board:

In our dreams... people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands. The present educational conventions [intellectual and character education] fade from our minds, and unhampered by tradition we work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive folk. We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or men of science. We have not to raise up from among them authors, educators, poets or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians, nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of whom we have ample supply. The task we set before ourselves is very simple... we will organize children... and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way.
-General Education Board, Occasional Letter Number One, 1906, quoted by Gatto p. 45

woodrow wilson: we want one class to have a liberal education. We want another class, a very much larger class of necessity, to forgo the privilege of a liberal education of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks

By 1917, the major administrative jobs in American schooling were under the control of a group referred to in the press of that day as "the Education Trust." The first meeting of this trust included representatives of Rockefeller, Carnegie, Harvard, Stanford, the University of Chicago, and the National Education Association. The chief end, wrote Benjamin Kidd, the British evolutionist, in 1918, was to "impose on the young the ideal of subordination."
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/2b.htm

http://www.questia.com/library/book/a-sociological-philosophy-of-education-by-ross-l-finney.jsp

fj1200
07-18-2011, 11:10 AM
We start with rebuilding the very foundation of society, which has been slowly and deliberately eroded over the last century: the family.

It begins with the nuclear family and the extended family on top of that. Then multiple families come together to build strong communities. As these communities come together, we see the emergence of the greater society.

And how would we rebuild the foundation of your perceived superior society?

We must also begin to rebuild the foundation of economic strength, which is making every household, every family, and every community as viable and independent as possible. So long as we are dependent upon the centralized production of basic foodstuffs and other goods and their dissemination by the financial and industrial elites, we are at their mercy and cannot exist without them.

Anyone remember Liberty Gardens?

Do you mean centralized production that leads to lower costs, higher efficiencies, and superior standards of living?

Wouldn't a problem if average real income weren't on the decline and we kept enough of the surplus value (wealth) we generate through our labours. Then, too, through our purchases, we'd be able to continue to feed the capitalist system and make the capitalists wealthy through mutual prosperity.

Wouldn't be a problem if government action wasn't driving up the costs of labor and doing business higher and higher.

The capitalists, however, are not interested in the mutual prosperity socialism brought to America in the past (think: 1950s-style social democracy). They much prefer to drive the world towards globalism and neofeudalism.

Chinese communism is the greatest expression of capitalism

The 50's and the US as only remaining country standing after the war are over. It's a global world and the US should be part of it.

That's according to the capitalists, not the consumers.

And the consumers who no longer have jobs and are paying higher prices to boot because regulations have crept farther than any rational economic benefit.

You forget that capitalism cares not for nationalism. The U.S. is scheduled to cease to exist anyway.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=37000

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=301325

It's not a requirement of capitalism to care for nationalism. And "cease to exist"? Much ado... Over read any document and you'll find conspiracy everywhere.

J.T
07-18-2011, 11:21 AM
And how would we rebuild the foundation of your perceived superior society?

Try reading the post you're quoting.

centralized production

Sure, if the decentralization of the food supply means 'centralization' in your world. But maybe you like CAFOs and E. Coli in all your food?

Wouldn't be a problem if government action wasn't driving up the costs of labor and doing business higher and higher.

By subsidizing the world's most profitable businesses and corporations and allowing the Vatican bank and others to serve as means of evading taxes? Or you refer to the marginal tax rates, which are the lowest they've been in decades? Or the fact that GE and others pay zero taxes? Or the declining real income of the average worker and household over the last 60 years?

And "cease to exist"? Much ado

So you're cool with the abolition of our national borders?

fj1200
07-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Try reading the post you're quoting.

I did. How?

Sure, if the decentralization of the food supply means 'centralization' in your world. But maybe you like CAFOs and E. Coli in all your food?

Non-responsive. So far so good on e. coli. ;)

By subsidizing the world's most profitable businesses and corporations and allowing the Vatican bank and others to serve as means of evading taxes? Or you refer to the marginal tax rates, which are the lowest they've been in decades? Or the fact that GE and others pay zero taxes? Or the declining real income of the average worker and household over the last 60 years?

Subsidize? No. Marginal tax rates? higher than they've been in decades (two, BTW). I like that GE pays zero taxes, I think that ALL corp.s should, GE just shouldn't need the best lawyers/lobbyists to gain their advantage.

Declining real income? Got a link?

So you're cool with the abolition of our national borders?

Didn't say that now did I?