PDA

View Full Version : I hate my house

darin
07-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Glad it's not mine. Very glad to be renting.

Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to sleep in when any of the neighbors within about a 4 house radius decide to do ANYTHING in the morning. It's 8:30a, my wife's had about 4 hours sleep - she works nights (http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/Bug11329/Me/mom.jpg) - at our local Home Depot. 30 minutes ago, the neighbor's contractor started working on replacing the deck in the back yard - 30 linear feet from our barely-insulated, thin-walled bedroom. Ugh. We suffered through months of the previous owner doing a complete renovation - often starting at 6-7am...when the house sold we had weeks of the new owner having 'work parties' to strip the back yard of most trees/bushes (used to have a nice visual block with a hedge. New owner had it removed. Now, walking out our door puts us 20 feet from whatever party/group/whatever she has going on. I hate the loss of privacy).

Can't move soon enough.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Privacy is the most important thing. I feel for you, D. To where are you thinking of moving? Local?

jimnyc
07-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Privacy is the most important thing. I feel for you, D. To where are you thinking of moving? Local?

Oh man, I can't tell you how much I agree. And always do your "due diligence". I bought my home (we) because it's on a "dead end" road and tree lined. Come here at 7-8pm and you'll think you have a perfect street to raise a family on. Quiet, little to no traffic and private. Heh, damn thing is like Grand Central here. No dead end exists, people cutting down trees (not at 8am though) and it's noisy as hell so often. Come here on a weekday between 7:45 and 8:45 (when the school opens) and it is literally car after car after car after car...

Or you could get yourself a nice wrist rocket like I did!! :coffee:

http://www.stun-ningsales.com/sportstore/wrist-rocket.htm

darin
07-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Making it worse - ten minutes after that, they brought in a front-loader tractor. Ugh.

We'll be semi-local, hun - within commuting distance for me. Place needs to be defensible (in case of zombie attack) and have plenty of land; stocked pond a plus. :)

Oh man, I can't tell you how much I agree. And always do your "due diligence". I bought my home (we) because it's on a "dead end" road and tree lined. Come here at 7-8pm and you'll think you have a perfect street to raise a family on. Quiet, little to no traffic and private. Heh, damn thing is like Grand Central here. No dead end exists, people cutting down trees (not at 8am though) and it's noisy as hell so often. Come here on a weekday between 7:45 and 8:45 (when the school opens) and it is literally car after car after car after car...

Or you could get yourself a nice wrist rocket like I did!! :coffee:

http://www.stun-ningsales.com/sportstore/wrist-rocket.htm

Love it! :D

Thing is, new neighbor lady (single mom) is pretty hot. Hard to get mad at 'hot'.
:D

darin
07-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Slight change. She's very hot.

Kathianne
07-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Slight change. She's very hot.

You are reminding me a bit of Jimmy Carter here. ;)

sundaydriver
07-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Location, location, location, as real estate people say. It isn't just finding a house to suit your needs but locational situation also for pleasant living.
I am fortunate in my area that I can live 1/2 mile from town but have a creek in the backyard for fishing and only five "good" neighbors on my side of the road. In the future if anymore homes are built the closest will be to the rear at least 300 yds. away because of a flood zone.
When purchasing a home I have always weighed the possibility of future growth and spent time at the location to see what the circumstances were in the area day & night. It effected my decision a few time.

Hope your next home will be quieter.

darin
07-03-2011, 08:39 AM
^^ That's why we decided to rent upon moving here (a couple years ago).

Here's a place we love:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4590-Barber-Rd_Metamora-Twp_MI_48455_M42145-36691

Gunny
07-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Glad it's not mine. Very glad to be renting.

Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to sleep in when any of the neighbors within about a 4 house radius decide to do ANYTHING in the morning. It's 8:30a, my wife's had about 4 hours sleep - she works nights (http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/Bug11329/Me/mom.jpg) - at our local Home Depot. 30 minutes ago, the neighbor's contractor started working on replacing the deck in the back yard - 30 linear feet from our barely-insulated, thin-walled bedroom. Ugh. We suffered through months of the previous owner doing a complete renovation - often starting at 6-7am...when the house sold we had weeks of the new owner having 'work parties' to strip the back yard of most trees/bushes (used to have a nice visual block with a hedge. New owner had it removed. Now, walking out our door puts us 20 feet from whatever party/group/whatever she has going on. I hate the loss of privacy).

Can't move soon enough.

The day my house finally sold MUST be in the 10 happiest moments of my life.:laugh:

darin
07-03-2011, 11:38 AM
:D Us too, back a couple years ago. Was painful to pay rent + mortgage on a house.

SassyLady
07-04-2011, 12:49 AM
^^ That's why we decided to rent upon moving here (a couple years ago).

Here's a place we love:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4590-Barber-Rd_Metamora-Twp_MI_48455_M42145-36691

Beautiful and a great price ... You would have to quit your day job because this place would be a full time job .... looks like you could use as a B&B ... perhaps you guys could make enough off that to make up for quitting your jobs.

darin
07-04-2011, 07:47 AM
it is a great price...for somebody who has money. :P

Unfortunately.... we be poor. :(

Abbey Marie
07-04-2011, 07:57 PM
it is a great price...for somebody who has money. :P

Unfortunately.... we be poor. :(

We should all chip in and make it the DP party house. :dance:

SassyLady
07-06-2011, 01:51 AM
We should all chip in and make it the DP party house. :dance: