PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Price: $10 Tax for Union Teachers- You Pay

red states rule
07-05-2011, 04:01 AM
So now more union dues will flow into the Dems campaign fund. I wonder how those teachers who are NOT liberal and do not support Obama's policies feel right now?

While the rest of us were celebrating the 4th of July with BBQs and parades and recitations of the Declaration of Independence, teachers’ union “delegates” from the far left were giving Obama the thumbs up. Not coincidentally they also voted to levy a $10 tax on union teachers nationally to help support “messaging” in front of his reelection bid.

And the messaging will largely consist of another call to “crisis” in education because the union goose has stopped laying golden eggs.

“The Representative Assembly recommended that NEA members vote to re-elect President Barack Obama in the 2012 election” wrote Will Potter of the National Education Association. “They also voted for a $10 annual dues increase that will be dedicated to funding NEA's Crisis Fund, a program designed to put money back into the states for pro-public education outreach.”

3.2 million teachers will pay the tax – out of your tax dollars- which is expected to double the amount of money normally put into the “crisis fund.”

Maybe teachers instead should look at why they need an annual “crisis fund” in the first place?

It’s just the latest example of far-left union reps fleecing hard-working teachers by aligning themselves against teachers’, kids’ and parents’ interests, in a quest for power, money and greed.

As former NEA president Bob Chase said “[The NEA has] used our power to block uncomfortable changes, to protect the narrow interest of its members, and not to advance the interests of students and school.”

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

logroller
07-07-2011, 02:16 AM
So now more union dues will flow into the Dems campaign fund. I wonder how those teachers who are NOT liberal and do not support Obama's policies feel right now?

Thankfully my wife, a teacher, works for a district which allows her to not elect to union membership. Unions are a racket; what this article details is extortion really.

red states rule
07-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Here is a typical underpaid, overworked, and abused union member expressing the opinion of the union bosses in a calm and civil manner

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPQjnPhIvDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gaffer
07-07-2011, 09:47 AM
The Sapranos showed up for the protest. What a great example of union thugs.

These are not teachers. These guys were brought in from the docks because of their muscle. Mob enforcers.

gabosaurus
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Can anyone substantiate this claim from a source that is not a right-wing blog?

red states rule
07-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Can anyone substantiate this claim from a source that is not a right-wing blog?

Why bother providing additional sources Gabby?

You would ignore it like you did my answers to YOUR questions directed at me

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31537-Questions-for-RSR