PDA

View Full Version : A REAL American Hero

Hobbit
05-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Back in 2005, a man named Jeff Weise walked into Red Lake Senior High in northern Minnesota with three guns and he shot and killed 8 classmates. This had been the worst school shooting since Columbine. Few of us have heard of this shooting, and I can't understand why, because it also comes with a tale of heroism.

When Weise entered one classroom, sophomore Jeff May charged the gunman with only a pencil, stopping his shooting spree and getting shot in the face in the process. He's still alive, but had to go through extensive surgury and therapy. This man (and I don't use the term man lightly, as he's, at most 18 by now), not some Hollywood bimbo or pretty-boy, is who we should aspire to emulate.

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do;jsessionid=4D393E245FBA462D333E519F 7457F7CA.app1_rd1?contentId=19247

diuretic
05-11-2007, 03:02 AM
I remember that shooting, it got publicity here and if I remember rightly there were also issues regarding native Americans....?

Yes, he is a brave man. I hope he's well compensated.

Nienna
05-11-2007, 06:45 AM
His scars are badges of honor.

glockmail
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Don't know why someone at V-Tech did the same thing. Lives would have been saved.

Joe Steel
05-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Another victim of the NRA and its gun culture.

darin
05-11-2007, 11:23 AM

:lame2: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3: :puke3:

gabosaurus
05-11-2007, 11:24 AM
When someone walks into a classroom and begins spray the room with automatic weapon fire, there is not much you can do. A report said that the VT killer fired 22 shots per minute.
Tell me again a civilian should be able to own an automatic weapon that fire 22 rounds per minute, hallow point bullets and all. I know the gun nuts have reasons.

glockmail
05-11-2007, 11:29 AM
When someone walks into a classroom and begins spray the room with automatic weapon fire, there is not much you can do. A report said that the VT killer fired 22 shots per minute.
Tell me again a civilian should be able to own an automatic weapon that fire 22 rounds per minute, hallow point bullets and all. I know the gun nuts have reasons.

Wrong-o. The shooter had two pistols, neither was an "automatic weapon", and if he shot 22/ minute, since he was in there for 30 minutes while the wimpy campus police waited outside, he would have shot 660 rounds, which did not happen.

darin
05-11-2007, 11:33 AM

That dude didn't have an automatic weapon. 22 shots a minute? Do you know how "Not Fast" that is? I can fire probably 60 rounds a minute with a semi-automatic weapon; hell, even a revolver.

(shrug).

Hobbit
05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
22 shots a minute? You could probably pull that off with a bolt action.

And yes, diuretic, the guy is an American Indian. Can't remember which tribe.

Gaffer
05-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Your a future victim of a criminal with a gun.

Joe Steel
05-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Your a future victim of a criminal with a gun.

The criminal has a gun because the NRA put it in his hand.

Gunny
05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
The criminal has a gun because the NRA put it in his hand.

Willful, absolute ignorance.

Joe Steel
05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Willful, absolute ignorance.

Only on your part.

I post nothing but truth.

Gunny
05-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Only on your part.

I post nothing but truth.

There's no truth to your allegation. Only the baseless villification of an object that does absolutely nothing without a hand to operate it.

Tyr blaming the criminal for the crime, not the tool. The NRA does not put firearms into the hands of criminals. It is illegal for criminals to purchase or possess firearms. The NRA supports only law-abiding citizens rights to own firearms.

In other words, you're full of crap.

krisy
05-12-2007, 09:32 AM
There's no truth to your allegation. Only the baseless villification of an object that does absolutely nothing without a hand to operate it.

Tyr blaming the criminal for the crime, not the tool. The NRA does not put firearms into the hands of criminals. It is illegal for criminals to purchase or possess firearms. The NRA supports only law-abiding citizens rights to own firearms.

What Joe and others don't seem to understand is that most criminals will get guns black market if they can't get them legally.

I have to wonder,don't they think law abiding citizens have a right to protect themselves against those criminals. One shot would have been all that was needed at V Tech.

Joe Steel
05-12-2007, 11:34 AM

Read my posting again. I blamed the NRA not gun.

Hobbit
05-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Read my posting again. I blamed the NRA not gun.

It doesn't make you any less stupid or wrong to blame the NRA. In fact, probably more so.