PDA

View Full Version : FBI opens investigation into News Corp

gabosaurus
07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
The Murdoch media empire is on the brink.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/la-na-murdoch-fbi-20110715,0,3014778,full.story

logroller
07-15-2011, 12:50 AM
On the brink of what... some fines?

Murdoch said he was "getting annoyed" with press coverage of the scandal, but said, "I'll get over it." He predicted that the financial and political damage to News Corp. was "nothing that will not be recovered."

The "Murdock media empire" is too big to fail:laugh:

red states rule
07-16-2011, 07:37 AM
and once again, look who is joing the liberal moonbats in their latest "outrage"

The nation's #1 smut peddler and big Dem supporter.

One of the few values Rupert Murdoch and I share is the importance of a free press.

I’m sure we would both agree that it is an unimpeachable right, especially in a day and age when few pure freedoms still exist in this country. We recognize that, if we lose free expression in the media, we will have lost everything. And, perhaps most important, we understand that in the quest to protect this freedom, boundaries must be pushed.

The way in which we push those boundaries, however, is where we differ. I test limits by publishing controversial material and paying people who are willing to step forward and expose political hypocrisy. Murdoch’s minions, on the other hand, pushed limits by allegedly engaging in unethical or criminal activity: phone hacking, bribery, coercing criminal behavior and betraying the trust of their readership. If News Corp.’s reported wrongdoings are true, what Murdoch’s company has been up to does not just brush against boundaries — it blows right past them.

One cannot live off the liberty and benefits of a free press while ignoring the privacy of the people. People such as Murdoch and I, as heads of publishing conglomerates, have a responsibility to maintain and respect this boundary. While Murdoch may understand the significance of what we do under the umbrella of free speech, he may fail to recognize the liability attached to publication. Simply put, he publishes what he wants, apparently regardless of how he gets information and heedless of the responsibility associated with the power he wields.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/larry-flynt-rupert-murdoch-went-too-far/2011/07/13/gIQA9ifnGI_story.html

Libs are foaming at the mouth trying to shut down News Corp so once again, only the liberal viewpoint will be seen on Tv and heard on the radio

red states rule
07-16-2011, 09:25 AM

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/la-na-murdoch-fbi-20110715,0,3014778,full.story

Gabby, please remember I am not sorry for busting your bubble and trying to snap you back to reality

FBI Opens File on NewsCorp, But 9/11 Victim Hacking Allegations Are Thin

The FBI is evaluating allegations that the phones of any victims of the 9/11 attacks or their families were hacked by reporters to see if the charges warrant investigations. “We’re aware of the allegations and we’re looking into the matter,” says Tim Flanelly, a spokesman for the New York field office of the Bureau.

What are they evaluating, exactly? As I pointed out Wednesday, the allegations about the 9/11 hacking are almost laughably thin: single-sourced second-hand hearsay published by a British tabloid that specializes in colorful soccer stories. None of the more respected news outlets that have repeated the allegation have added to the Mirror’s “reporting” a single supporting fact.

This is either because the facts don’t exist, or because the NewsCorp scandal has actually brought the quality of journalism down to the News Of The World‘s standards rather than up from it. See for example The Guardian‘s correction of its allegation (quoted at length by me here) that the Sun (another NewsCorp tabloid) had obtained the medical records of then-Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s son.

But back to the FBI investigation. Here is my understanding, from conversations with officials from various parts of the Justice department, of what it going on: None of my sources would speak for attribution since the investigation hasn’t begun yet and the political atmosphere is so charged. The FBI has opened a file and will look into whether or not the allegations warrant an actual investigation. That means finding out if there is anything to substantiate the charges in the Mirror‘s article. That, in turn, means trying to find this supposed former New York cop-turned private investigator who supposedly told a source who supposedly told the Mirror that the News of the World once asked him to get 9/11 victims’ phone records. The FBI can then ask this PI all about what the News Of The World asked him to do, and can then see if they actually did it. The FBI can also contact families of the victims of 9/11 and ask them if they have any reason to believe they may have been hacked.

Justice Department officials know the allegations are thin and feel that no one should jump to conclusions, but given the calls from Republican and Democratic lawmakers and the sensitivity surrounding 9/11 victims, they have to look into the matter.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2011/07/15/fbi-opens-file-on-newscorp-but-911-victim-hacking-allegations-are-thin/#ixzz1SHJfxdGr

J.T
07-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I wonder how this thread would look if it had been MSNBC or NPR

red states rule
07-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I wonder how this thread would look if it had been MSNBC or NPR

Point one, there would not have been a single story in the liberal media

Point Two Gabby never would have mentioned the issue if one of her liberal networks would have been involved

If libs like Gabby had their way they would do what Chavez did

Send in the tanks and the miltary and shut down the entire network

gabosaurus
07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Have a fun day spamming the board RSR. We're going to the beach. :)

http://www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/Visitors/beach_info/livebeachcondition.cfm

logroller
07-19-2011, 04:09 AM
and once again, look who is joing the liberal moonbats in their latest "outrage"

The nation's #1 smut peddler and big Dem supporter.

Libs are foaming at the mouth trying to shut down News Corp so once again, only the liberal viewpoint will be seen on Tv and heard on the radio

The editorial said "allegedly":coffee:

Gunny
07-19-2011, 05:53 AM

Wishful thinking. I wouldn't believe the LA Times if it said the sky was blue.