PDA

View Full Version : Update to reporting system

jimnyc
05-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Once again, there are accusations being floated about me being biased on treatment towards members. I'm constantly trying new things and making efforts to appease ALL members and keep the board fun and fluid for all.

As I'm not a huge participant in the heated threads, nor do I have an opportunity to read every thread that is posted here, I rely heavily on the built in reporting system and PM's from members. If you don't follow the rules and handle things off the forums, I cannot assist. If you don't report something inappropriate, please don't throw it in my face down the line.

There is an exclamation button above every post on this board that allows you to report a post to staff. I've updated and made changes, and now when a post is reported, not only will every staff member receive an email with the details, but a new thread will automatically be started within our private administration forum.

This will allow us to keep all complaints in a centralized location. When the thread is created, staff will look at the thread, investigate the reported post, and take action when warranted (whether that be a warning via PM, deletion of post, banning...). I am also asking staff to follow up every complaint with the person who made the report, and update the thread as well for all other staff members. This will also allow me to be involved more in issues that arise, and how they were handled when I'm not around.

Please use the reporting system properly, and only report legitimate offenses (harassment, vulgarity, spam...). I promise to ensure all complaints are looked into properly, and handled in a fair and mature manner.

loosecannon
05-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I like it.