revelarts
07-15-2011, 03:48 PM
HUUU!!
bad girls bad girls
what ya gonna do
what ya gonna doo when da come for you?
bad girls bad girls
what ya gonna do
what ya gonna doo when da come for uuuuuuuuuu?

policeman give ya no break...
soldja man give ya no break...
HEY...

Georgia cops bust 10-year-old girl’s lemonade stand
July 15, 2011
Print Version

"When three girls in Midway, Georgia set up their lemonade stand, they intended to raise enough money to go to the water park. But the ever-vigilant local police quickly identified the girls’ effort as criminal enterprise and shut them down.

“It’s kind of crazy that we couldn’t sell lemonade,” 14-year-old Casity Dixon told WJCL. “It was fun, but we had to listen to the cops and shut it down.”

The police chief and another officer discovered the stand only one day after it had opened.

“They told us to shut it down,” 10-year-old Skylar Roberts said.

“We had told them, we understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,” Midway Police Chief Kelly Morningstar explained. “The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws.”

A city permit that would have allowed the lemonade stand to stay open costs $50 a day. In contrast, a child’s water park ticket goes for about $27."

Watch this video from WJCL, broadcast July 13, 2011.
http://www.thecoastalsource.com/news/local/story/Midway-Police-Shut-Down-Girls-Lemonade-Stand-for/zrEiyVv1oUOATfSoZQDX5A.cspx

This is sorta of a small picture into other small biz. the permits and rules and taxes can keep many a small biz or farm from really starting, legally anyway. the video says the permits would cost them $50 a week and $180 a year.

not quite FREE Enterprise in GA.

J.T
07-15-2011, 05:27 PM
A dying 'laissez-faire' must be completely destroyed and all of us, including the 'owners', must be subjected to a large degree of social control....
-Willard Givens, National Education Association

Shadow
07-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Kind of funny in that my kids (and a couple neighborhood kids) had these stands set up every summer when they were younger. They didn't last for more than an afternoon though...maybe that was part of the problem here. At any rate,in our case all the cops on the block were the ones who stopped and bought the lemonade. My kids made $6.00 the first summer that they tried it. Not a lot of money, but they had a blast doing it. Now when I see kool aid or lemonade stands I always stop and buy some. Harmless summertime fun for kids and teaches them social skills and the value of a dollar.

They did crack down on bake sales and popcorn sales (any kind of fund raiser) held at the schools though. No more homemade baked goods, snow cones, popcorn allowed. Everything had to be pre-packaged,same reason given...they don't know where it was made, by whom and under what conditions.

Typical of the government though... just likes to suck the life right out of everything...no good deed goes unpunished.