PDA

View Full Version : Alan Grayson To Run For Congress Again

red states rule
07-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I dount if anyone here cares what this certified loon wants to do with his life, but I find this moonbat to be amazing

This nut is so obnoxious he makes Virgil and Gabby look like civil and reasonable human beings

Ex-U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, who made a name for himself in his one term in Congress with a provocative floor speech attacking the Republican health care plan, said Monday that he will run for Congress again.

In September 2009, the Orlando Democrat said: "If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: Die quickly. That's right. The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick."

He said he has filed paperwork with the state and will soon file with the Federal Elections Commission to make another run for the U.S. House in 2012. After serving a single term, the outspoken Grayson was defeated in 2010 by Republican Dan Webster.

"The missing ingredient last time was that Democrats didn't vote, but I don't think we're going to see that problem in 2012," Grayson said.

Grayson drew national attention during his two years in office, becoming one of the most politically aggressive members of his party.

Besides the floor speech, Grayson also ran a campaign ad referring to Webster as "Taliban Dan," comparing Webster's fundamentalist Christian views to the fundamentalist Islam views in the Middle East.

Grayson said he has no intention of turning it down for his next congressional run. He said he's received support not just from voters in his own region, but from people all over the country.

"People like someone who tells it like it is," Grayson said. "They're hungering for it."

It's not clear if Grayson will try to retake the District 8 seat from Webster or if he will run for another seat. Based on the 2010 census, Florida congressional districts will increase from 25 to 27. Because much of Florida's population growth has been in the Orlando area, Grayson said it will likely receive one of the new districts.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/11/2310052/grayson-says-hell-run-for-congress.html#ixzz1SHoM63wz