PDA

View Full Version : New Editor Interface

jimnyc
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
With the latest update to the board software, vBulletin has introduced a new "editor" - or the interface you use when making a post, replying and the same in PM's. This was a discussion started in the other thread about the security update. I thought it deserved the attention itself for us to discuss until any bugs may be worked out.

First off, to learn more "general" usage - read the following: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php/2480-vBulletin-4.1.4-The-new-all-new-WYSIWYG-text-editor-powered-by-CKEditor

Secondly, not all options were available by default. I believe I have corrected this with a SQL query and now all "icons" above the posting area should be available to everyone. Please post here and supply a screenshot or description if you are having any problems. While I couldn't care less about the editor, some will find the new editor very robust and will give you the ability to do some cooler things in your posts.

Kathianne
07-21-2011, 07:52 PM
With the latest update to the board software, vBulletin has introduced a new "editor" - or the interface you use when making a post, replying and the same in PM's. This was a discussion started in the other thread about the security update. I thought it deserved the attention itself for us to discuss until any bugs may be worked out.

First off, to learn more "general" usage - read the following: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php/2480-vBulletin-4.1.4-The-new-all-new-WYSIWYG-text-editor-powered-by-CKEditor

Secondly, not all options were available by default. I believe I have corrected this with a SQL query and now all "icons" above the posting area should be available to everyone. Please post here and supply a screenshot or description if you are having any problems. While I couldn't care less about the editor, some will find the new editor very robust and will give you the ability to do some cooler things in your posts.

I like the look, very intuitive. Still not 'strike out' option, something I really wish we had.

jimnyc
07-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I like the look, very intuitive. Still not 'strike out' option, something I really wish we had.

There is now an "S" with a line through it on the bottom right of the editor. Highlight what you want crossed out and then click on that. Hopefully this line will be crossed out meaning it works.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks to one of our members keen eye, I believe we resolved another issue (the one with JT not seeing all of the editor icons). Apparently the new editor was not applied properly to all of the board styles/themes. Then again, lots of updates I have made in the past year have not been applied to the old and/or test themes. I have disabled those themes and left this default theme as the only choice. The option to change your theme at the very bottom left of the board has been removed. Please let me know if anyone has any issues as a result.

I would love to offer multiple themes, but it becomes tedious to ensure every little update is applied properly across all of them. Some changes to the board may affect one theme and not the other. I think it's best to keep just this one and work together as a community to make it the best for all of us.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 10:36 AM

I changed the lame icon that I first put up there to "strikeout" text. Now on the lower right of the editor there is an "A" crossed out, seems much better.

chloe
07-22-2011, 10:58 AM

How do you take a screen shot?

J.T
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
How do you take a screen shot?

With no addons, in Windows? Hit shift+print screen

then paste into any image editor