PDA

View Full Version : OMG Im stuck in a miserable state in a miserable heat wave

chloe
07-22-2011, 08:41 AM
I just went to the local gas station to get a coffee and I was planning to leave this morning and wouldn't you know it, I get in a freakin car accident. SHIT !!!

Now I really want some ice cream.........:rolleyes:

darin
07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
doh! You're okay, though?

chloe
07-22-2011, 08:48 AM
doh! You're okay, though?

Yeah unfortunately Im ok, hehe. I only spilled hot coffee on myself LOL:laugh2: but I am awake now !!!!! ......it was only a fender bender nothing dramatic. I just got this car a month ago it sucks to have it dented already.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Nothing like a fender bender in the morning to wake you up. Is it just a short delay before leaving or will you be there for a few days to get repairs?

chloe
07-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Nothing like a fender bender in the morning to wake you up. Is it just a short delay before leaving or will you be there for a few days to get repairs?

I want to leave it's just way too hot here, I am trying to decide my route to drive back to utah. Nebraska is faster but Colorado is a prettier drive. Anyway no repairs its just scratched and dented.:rolleyes:

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I want to leave it's just way too hot here, I am trying to decide my route to drive back to utah. Nebraska is faster but Colorado is a prettier drive. Anyway no repairs its just scratched and dented.:rolleyes:

Glad it was nothing serious. with the heat the way it is you might want to take the quickest way. But if your not pressed for time and it's cooler the other way then enjoy the scenery. We're having the same heat here as MO, 98+ and heat index of 110. Seems Florida has come to visit the midwest.

chloe
07-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Glad it was nothing serious. with the heat the way it is you might want to take the quickest way. But if your not pressed for time and it's cooler the other way then enjoy the scenery. We're having the same heat here as MO, 98+ and heat index of 110. Seems Florida has come to visit the midwest.

I'm not really pressed for time I don't start school until August. I rearranged my belongings in the car but i am going to stay one more day and head out at the crack of dawn tomorrow instead. I looked at my car and the dent is hardly noticeable the other guys car looks worse:rolleyes:

fj1200
07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
... drive back to utah. Nebraska is faster but Colorado is a prettier drive.

:confused: Where are you that Nebraska is faster to Utah than Colorado?

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm not really pressed for time I don't start school until August. I rearranged my belongings in the car but i am going to stay one more day and head out at the crack of dawn tomorrow instead. I looked at my car and the dent is hardly noticeable the other guys car looks worse:rolleyes:

An early start gets you on the road before the heat really sets in. Just be extra careful when getting your coffee in the morning. :coffee:

chloe
07-22-2011, 11:07 AM
An early start gets you on the road before the heat really sets in. Just be extra careful when getting your coffee in the morning. :coffee:

:laugh2: yeah I will. I prolly go out for a while since I am staying an extra day. :beer:

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
:laugh2: yeah I will. I prolly go out for a while since I am staying an extra day. :beer:

Yeah sounds good, find an ice cream bar and indulge for a bit. :rolleyes:

At least you can take your time and don't have to push yourself.

chloe
07-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah sounds good, find an ice cream bar and indulge for a bit. :rolleyes:

At least you can take your time and don't have to push yourself.

You wouldn't make a good skinny bastard instructor to the skinny bitch wannabes like me:laugh:

I'm gonna go get drunk on some neopolitan;)

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
You wouldn't make a good skinny bastard instructor to the skinny bitch wannabes like me:laugh:

I'm gonna go get drunk on some neopolitan;)

You know the rule about cheating on a diet. If no one sees you eat it it doesn't count. And in this heat you'll sweat it off in no time.

chloe
07-22-2011, 12:03 PM
:confused: Where are you that Nebraska is faster to Utah than Colorado?

I am in Missouri, I was in Huntsville Alabama, I had scored a Job interview and got the job but then changed my mind and decided not to move out of Utah. I took 3 road trips this year to Kentucky, ohio, alabama, missouri, tennessee and north carolina to see if any of those places are locations I might want to live in, well I narrowed it down to huntsville al, and lexington ky as my two favs. But in the end I decided to stay in utah and just finish school. I am sick of road trips. :rolleyes:

You know the rule about cheating on a diet. If no one sees you eat it it doesn't count. And in this heat you'll sweat it off in no time.

my friends air conditioner keeps breaking, so I am already sweating but no weightloss:laugh: . We are going to some stores and that will probably cool us off, be back later kids. :salute:

darin
07-22-2011, 01:20 PM
...i'd like to BEND her FENDER....

chloe
07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
...i'd like to BEND her FENDER....

my fenders are cushy.....luna ticks are overwhelming:laugh2:....

whew it is HAWT in here:rolleyes:

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Your stuck in misoory with high heat and humidity for another night. Hope you got a fan while you were at the store. Your cushy fenders will be sticking to the seat.

chloe
07-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Your stuck in misoory with high heat and humidity for another night. Hope you got a fan while you were at the store. Your cushy fenders will be sticking to the seat.

:laugh2: well air is on it just ain't working that great, everyones gone right now. We went to a few stores and I got dropped off and they went back out, I am leaving early tomorrow, I got my car packed and ready to go.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 05:45 PM
So have you decided on the scenic route or the quick route? I wonder how far west this heat wave stretches. If you stop for the night and have internet access let us know how your doing.

darin
07-22-2011, 06:15 PM
my fenders are cushy.....

whew it is HAWT in here:rolleyes:

...worthless without pics.

:D

chloe
07-22-2011, 07:23 PM
...worthless without pics.

:D

well my air bags are cushy my fenders are not as good as luna ticks she is more at a cameron diaz fender level, mine is like all mcbeal:rolleyes:

Hey can we see your exhaust pipe?

darin
07-22-2011, 08:12 PM
My caboose is somewhere here online, I think. :) My birthin' hips hide it's firmness, though. :(

chloe
07-22-2011, 09:35 PM
My caboose is somewhere here online, I think. :) My birthin' hips hide it's firmness, though. :(

Your exhaust pipe .....really makes there muffler work well, I just trust the ladies know what they talkin bout:laugh2:

Anyway its been a million years since you graced us with your snapshots so go ahead and pull the trigger on the cam and upload;)

So have you decided on the scenic route or the quick route? I wonder how far west this heat wave stretches. If you stop for the night and have internet access let us know how your doing.

Proabably Nebraska I am anxious to get home. I will check in when I can.

Binky
07-23-2011, 07:43 AM
:laugh2: well air is on it just ain't working that great, everyones gone right now. We went to a few stores and I got dropped off and they went back out, I am leaving early tomorrow, I got my car packed and ready to go.

I hope you have some water and coolant in the trunk. If you're out driving in the heat, you should be drinking a lot of water girlie girl. Forget the coffee and chugalug some nice cool water to hydrate your bones.

It's been 98 to 100 here in mid michigan. Ugh! Yesterday was the first day it was cool enough to sit out sunbathing and relaxing. The heat has pushed me inside to bask in the cool temp of the air conditioner. Damn......it may as well be winter since I am stuck in the house a lot of the time. I can't take that awful heat. I don't know how those living in hot climate states can stand it. And don't tell me it's a different, drier heat. Hot is hot whether it's humid or not. One still sweats and doesn't wanna do a darn thing but lie around like a lazy old barnyard hog. Ugh!

chloe
07-23-2011, 11:49 PM
I hope you have some water and coolant in the trunk. If you're out driving in the heat, you should be drinking a lot of water girlie girl. Forget the coffee and chugalug some nice cool water to hydrate your bones.

It's been 98 to 100 here in mid michigan. Ugh! Yesterday was the first day it was cool enough to sit out sunbathing and relaxing. The heat has pushed me inside to bask in the cool temp of the air conditioner. Damn......it may as well be winter since I am stuck in the house a lot of the time. I can't take that awful heat. I don't know how those living in hot climate states can stand it. And don't tell me it's a different, drier heat. Hot is hot whether it's humid or not. One still sweats and doesn't wanna do a darn thing but lie around like a lazy old barnyard hog. Ugh!

I will be home in another day or so no worries and Im out of the heatwave now. I will check in from time to time at the board but I am going to get busy soon, so for those who can text me if you got the number its easier then the net when I am out an about. Otherwise just send a PM and I will respond when I can.

:salute:

Gunny
07-25-2011, 07:15 AM

Wrong. It IS different, and humidity makes it WAY worse. We can stand it same as you can stand your winters.

darin
07-25-2011, 07:21 AM
115F with low/no humidity is MUCH better than 90 degrees with 70% humidity. :D

While in El Paso, or even Iraq, I could tolerate 100+ temps because of the lack of humidity. While in SE Alabama I could barely stomach the mid 90s temps with nasty-nasty humidity levels.

chloe
07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
115F with low/no humidity is MUCH better than 90 degrees with 70% humidity. :D

While in El Paso, or even Iraq, I could tolerate 100+ temps because of the lack of humidity. While in SE Alabama I could barely stomach the mid 90s temps with nasty-nasty humidity levels.

True !

I liked Huntsville Alabama alot, I got the job it's just the shift sucked and so did the pay. In the end after 3 roadtrips I decided to stay put until I am done with school for 2 more years. I will just have to visit people and move when i can get a job I actually like. I am glad to have resolve now.

My two favorite cities were Lexington Kentucky & Huntsville Alabama. On the west side I suppose I like Denver, Colorado the best.
I couldn't stand to live in st louis its much too big for my taste, same thing with dallas texas too big for me. On a side note I didnt realize how green and pretty iowa is and I suppose i would take a second look at it if there were an opportiunity there.

Asheville NC was pretty sure but also really rich and pretentious, too artsy for my personality.

:salute: