PDA

View Full Version : Widespread Terror Attack In Oslo, Norway

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage

bombings, shootings. I've been reading all morning since I got home, didn't realize there wasn't a thread here. This link is 'live' being updated as events occur.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage

bombings, shootings. I've been reading all morning since I got home, didn't realize there wasn't a thread here. This link is 'live' being updated as events occur.

Horrible. Islamic fanatics at work.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Kat, I hadn't heard about that. Will be interesting to follow.

Little-Acorn
07-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Sounds like one guy shooting at a youth camp on an island, plus one bomb in downtown Oslo so far. Rumors of more bombs, but police "haven't located them" yet, which I guess means no more explosions. Yet.

Guesses about "Why?", seem to include: (1) Norway is easier to hit than England because security is more lax; and (2) five years ago a Norwegian paper reprinted those cartoons of Mohammed.

Is that about it so far?

Early reports are always sketchy, and often get changed later as more info comes in.

Hope they hang the guy by his balls over a dog pit.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Jt's derailment attempt video moved to cage. Until this story is over, similar posts will be moved or deleted.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Sounds like one guy shooting at a youth camp on an island, plus one bomb in downtown Oslo so far. Rumors of more bombs, but police "haven't located them" yet, which I guess means no more explosions. Yet.

Guesses about "Why?", seem to include: (1) Norway is easier to hit than England because security is more lax; and (2) five years ago a Norwegian paper reprinted those cartoons of Mohammed.

Is that about it so far?

Early reports are always sketchy, and often get changed later as more info comes in.

Hope they hang the guy by his balls over a dog pit.

The reports and picture of the Oslo attacks seem to indicate several bombs and possibly a car/truck bomb. The camp shooting location, well the Prime Minister was supposed to be there, but whether because of the bombing or for some other reason, was a no show.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 12:16 PM
An unknown group is claiming responsibility for the attacks. A jihadi group, imagine that. The religion that must not be named strikes again.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Religious fanaticism strikes again.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 12:20 PM
JT thread banned.

There are plenty of threads to put forth opinion on WOT, etc. Not this thread, not until the story appears over. Thanks.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Maybe getting over?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cncvo9.png

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Very disturbing. How to fight a war against these terrorist cells?

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I suspect it's just getting started. Though the island shootings seem to be done.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:38 PM
What I'm reading is that no group has taken responsibility yet.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Very disturbing. How to fight a war against these terrorist cells?

Well it seems there were two explosions at the building in Oslo, one a car. Then the shooting at place the Prime Minister was supposed to go to. If that is correct, then certainly seems well planned.

I'm sure more will be coming out as time goes on. I hope with the shooter and the car bomb person either dead or long gone, the attacks are over. There are reports of news organizations getting packages the police are checking out and stuff with mass transit, but I'd assume that's just part & parcel of aftermath?

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 12:40 PM
A group called helpers of global jihad has claimed responsibility, They are an unknown group.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:41 PM
It's so frustrating. It makes me boiling mad to see innocent people killed by religous fanatics.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.jihadica.com/alleged-claim-for-oslo-attacks/

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:47 PM
The shooter is arrested. Is reported as blonde and Nordic.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread731309/pg8

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
The bomber is foreign, according to police. The shooter, however, doesn't appear to be your typical Mulsim Extremist: He's reportedly (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage) Nordic in appearance, more than six feet tall, with blond hair.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
The shooter is arrested. Is reported as blonde and Nordic.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread731309/pg8

Doesn't mean he's not a convert. Also there is the possibility it was two different attacks for different reasons that happened to coincide.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Doesn't mean he's not a convert. Also there is the possibility it was two different attacks for different reasons that happened to coincide.

Hahaha. You think he must be a convert?

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Hahaha. You think he must be a convert?

I think he might be. And it's possible he's not even affiliated with the Oslo bombing. Note the distance from Oslo to that island.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I think he might be. And it's possible he's not even affiliated with the Oslo bombing. Note the distance from Oslo to that island.

OK. That's different.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Seems like things may be quieting down there. NYT seems to have a good compilation of what happened, at least so far:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?_r=1

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:07 PM
From your NT article:

Muslim leaders in Norway swiftly condemned the attacks. “This is our homeland, this is my homeland; I condemn these attacks and the Islamic Council of Norway condemns these attacks, whoever is behind them,” said Mehtab Afsar, Secretary General of Islamic Council of Norway.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:15 PM
From your NT article:

Muslim leaders in Norway swiftly condemned the attacks. “This is our homeland, this is my homeland; I condemn these attacks and the Islamic Council of Norway condemns these attacks, whoever is behind them,” said Mehtab Afsar, Secretary General of Islamic Council of Norway.

Ok. I actually caught that, my reading comprehension is pretty good.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok. I actually caught that, my reading comprehension is pretty good.

I posted that for the benefit of those who rush to judge ALL Muslims. It wasn't meant to be personal to you.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm wondering if the shooter at the Labor Party camp was a right winger against the Labor movement and completely unrelated to any Muslim terrorist cell.

He could be a lone nut case.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I posted that for the benefit of those who rush to judge ALL Muslims. It wasn't meant to be personal to you.

Right, so many assume that terror attacks in 2011 are likely tied to Islam. Forgetting all about the violent Christians & Buddhists, those dangerous atheists, Wiccans, and Jews.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Right, so many assume that terror attacks in 2011 are likely tied to Islam. Forgetting all about the violent Christians & Buddhists, those dangerous atheists, Wiccans, and Jews.

By no means do I think 'all' Muslims are violent or applaud such acts. Forgive me though for being highly skeptical of Muslim leaders with those types of condemnations. Only too often a cursory search finds lots of excuses and understanding, often funding, of those who perpetrate such acts. CAIR readily comes to mind.

Little-Acorn
07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Jt's derailment attempt video moved to cage. Until this story is over, similar posts will be moved or deleted.
Hey! It's about time!

How about doing that for some other threads too?

(You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again) >:-O

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:28 PM

You seem to be getting carried away. I think it's great the Muslims immediately condemned the violence.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey! It's about time!

How about doing that for some other threads too?

I think in most cases it is too much censorship. With breaking news though, having to start new threads too much gets lost and people lose interest. Watched that happen on another site.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 01:32 PM
You seem to be getting carried away. I think it's great the Muslims immediately condemned the violence.

They condemn the violence cause it's expected of them and it gets in the way of their soft jihad which is to heavily populate the area with muslims and take over from within. They have the same goal just different means.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:35 PM
They condemn the violence cause it's expected of them and it gets in the way of their soft jihad which is to heavily populate the area with muslims and take over from within. They have the same goal just different means.

That's patently unfair and cynical, but it's understandable coming from someone who identifies himself as an anti-Islamic bigot.

Go for it Archie Bunker.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:37 PM
That's patently unfair and cynical, but it's understandable coming from someone who identifies himself as an anti-Islamic bigot.

Go for it Archie Bunker.

No, it's not. It's experience and reading and researching.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:40 PM
No, it's not. It's experience and reading and researching.

Oh, I see. The two of you consider yourselves "informed bigots"? Now, calm down. Before you get upset for me calling you a bigot, I would point out your pal identifies himself as such, and you agree with him.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh, I see. The two of you consider yourselves "informed bigots"? Now, calm down. Before you get upset for me calling you a bigot, I would point out your pal identifies himself as such, and you agree with him.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but 'informed bigots' by definition would be an oxymoron? I'm not a bigot:

World English Dictionary

<tbody>
bigot (ˈbɪɡət)

— n

a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

</tbody>

I have no problem with those of other races, creeds, or politics. However, I do have a problem with false and misleading pronouncements and tools that cite them to show their own 'tolerance.'

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong, but 'informed bigots' by definition would be an oxymoron? I'm not a bigot:

I have no problem with those of other races, creeds, or politics. However, I do have a problem with false and misleading pronouncements and tools that cite them to show their own 'tolerance.'

You have no problem with Muslims? Then why did you support the local anti-islamic bigot here? If you weren't bigoted, you would give the Islamic cleric the benefit of the doubt when he denounced the violence.

Nukeman
07-22-2011, 02:01 PM
You have no problem with Muslims? Then why did you support the local anti-islamic bigot here?

Umm maybe because she knows him MUCH better than you who has a whole 80 post on this board and already insulting a lot of the folks around here!!!!:poke:

Gaffer may be anti-Islam but I really don't think he is a bigot.

Much like you seem to be a anti-American bigot yourself.. You condemn most things the US is doing and lay blame at the feet of our great country for all the evil in the world. Of course this is just my opnion of the little of yours I have read. But it is a feel and vibe I get from your post.

I have also noticed you seem to defend and agree with JT who is a patent anti-semite bigot of the highest level........... So say Pot--meet--Kettle......:slap:

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 02:03 PM
You have no problem with Muslims? Then why did you support the local anti-islamic bigot here? If you weren't bigoted, you would give the Islamic cleric the benefit of the doubt when he denounced the violence.

I know what Gaffer wrote. I also know what you wrote and it's not I that is so quick to jump to conclusions.

BTW, I am familiar with your posts and depth of knowledge on a few subjects from USMB.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Umm maybe because she knows him MUCH better than you who has a whole 80 post on this board and already insulting a lot of the folks around here!!!!:poke:

Gaffer may be anti-Islam but I really don't think he is a bigot.

Much like you seem to be a anti-American bigot yourself.. You condemn most things the US is doing and lay blame at the feet of our great country for all the evil in the world. Of course this is just my opnion of the little of yours I have read. But it is a feel and vibe I get from your post.

I have also noticed you seem to defend and agree with JT who is a patent anti-semite bigot of the highest level........... So say Pot--meet--Kettle......:slap:

Gaffer admits to being a bigot. I respect him for that. I take it you think it's anti-American to question US policy. I think it's patriotic myself.

I haven't seen any anti-semitic posts by J.T. Would you like to point one out for me?

J.T. seems like the only other liberal on this forum. Of course I would agree with some of his posts. This board leans heavily to the right. Frankly, I enjoy the challenge.

It does seem like some people don't like to hear a counter argument.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes I'm an informed bigot. You can't be a true bigot without being informed. I research and check things out. I have a lot of real world experience along with education. I'm retired on disability so I have a lot of time to research. I keep tabs on world events and give analysis on things. Nine times out of ten I'll be right. When I'm off on something it's usually regarding time frames. Kath and I often find ourselves in agreement because we both do a lot of research.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes I'm an informed bigot. You can't be a true bigot without being informed. I research and check things out. I have a lot of real world experience along with education. I'm retired on disability so I have a lot of time to research. I keep tabs on world events and give analysis on things. Nine times out of ten I'll be right. When I'm off on something it's usually regarding time frames. Kath and I often find ourselves in agreement because we both do a lot of research.

Go tell Kathi you're an informed bigot. She thinks that's an oxymoron.

I appreciate you alot. You're honest and you do your homework. I respect that.

Little-Acorn
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I posted that for the benefit of those who rush to judge ALL Muslims.

No one is saying that ALL muslims are terrorists - a strawman argument so silly as to be ludicrous.

But it is reasonable (and factual) to point out that most terrorist attacks of this kind are perpetrated by Muslims.

Please stop trying to pretend Kathianne said something she clearly didn't.

Nukeman
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Gaffer admits to being a bigot. I respect him for that. I take it you think it's anti-American to question US policy. I think it's patriotic myself.

I haven't seen any anti-semitic posts by J.T. Would you like to point one out for me?

J.T. seems like the only other liberal on this forum. Of course I would agree with some of his posts. This board leans heavily to the right. Frankly, I enjoy the challenge.

It does seem like some people don't like to hear a counter argument.Well seeing as in alost EVERY thread he is involved with he brings the "Jews" into it and generaly condemns anything they do I am willing to call a spade a spade..

Here is just one

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?31768-The-Only-Democracy-in-the-Region...&p=477697#post477697

He continually brings Isreal and "Jews" into most threads and you wonder why I feel he is an anti-semite!?!?!?!?! Wow, and if you and him are liberal than please by all means DO NOT associate me with your thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
No one is saying that ALL muslims are terrorists - a strawman argument so silly as to be ludicrous.

But it is reasonable (and factual) to point out that most terrorist attacks of this kind are perpetrated by Muslims.

True. It is reasonable (and factual) to point out that most Islamic mosques are not supporting terrorism.

Little-Acorn
07-22-2011, 03:38 PM

True. It is reasonable (and factual) to point out that most Islamic mosques are not supporting terrorism.
I guess it's part of the Liberal Playbook that, if the point you are trying to make in a debate, gets roundly defeated, the standard response is to say something completely irrelevant to the subject; and then act like you've somehow made a pertinent reply.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I guess it's part of the Liberal Playbook that, if the point you are trying to make in a debate, gets roundly defeated, the standard response is to say something completely irrelevant to the subject; and then act like you've somehow made a pertinent reply.

Gee. I'm a liberal and nobody gave me a copy of the Liberal Playbook. I'm so sad.

It's completely relevant to the topic to point out that Muslims in Norway immediately decried this attack, and to show that the cynical, prejudiced people, don't believe them.

You think ALL Muslims are alike. They aren't.

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
From the site Kath gave earlier.

10.06pm: (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage#block-42) Police have linked the suspect they are holding to both attacks.
10.01pm: (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/22/oslo-explosion-live-coverage#block-41) Neil Perry tells me the police have said that the same man was seen at the site of both attacks.
He thinks this is starting to look less like the work of international terrorists and more like that of a lone attacker with a grudge against the government.

Interesting. They still haven't released a name yet. It's looking more like an attack on the prime minister and government than anything else. He could still be part of the religion that cannot be named, but it's looking less likely. Norway needs the death penalty and a 2nd amendment.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Gee. I'm a liberal and nobody gave me a copy of the Liberal Playbook. I'm so sad.

No, what's sad is that you have it and just don't realize it. Others hand feed it to you on a need to know basis.

Oh, I'm a liberalaphobe too. And I neither hate you, nor fear you - just find disgust in your beliefs. :coffee:

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
No, what's sad is that you have it and just don't realize it. Others hand feed it to you on a need to know basis.

Oh, I'm a liberalaphobe too. And I neither hate you, nor fear you - just find disgust in your beliefs. :coffee:

Disgust is the same thing as hatred. Hatred, disgust and loathing are synonyms.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Disgust is the same thing as hatred.

I get disgusted by slow drivers on the highway. I do not hate them. I find it funny that yet another liberal cannot see the difference.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh, thanks. I knew you had more groups to hate. Now you admit to road rage too. Slow drivers. Look out old ladies!

My pet peeve is anyone telling me I don't have a right to exist.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh, thanks. I knew you had more groups to hate. Now you admit to road rage too. Slow drivers. Look out old ladies!

Yes, I can see where me having an issue with slow drivers means I have road rage! Truth be told though, I wouldn't mind shoving a busload of liberals off the side of a cliff though.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:32 PM

My pet peeve is anyone telling me I don't have a right to exist.

What are you, a lesbian muslim with liberal beliefs? If so, Allah commands you to saw your own head off. Alluah Akhbar!!

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm not surprised to hear you say that. Too bad we can't just eliminate all opposition in the world and live in pristine, gated communties.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not surprised to hear you say that. Too bad we can't just eliminate all opposition in the world and live in pristine, gated communties.

I'd settle for allowing the liberals and muslioms to be shipped to another side of the world. I don't like gated communities.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd settle for allowing the liberals and muslioms to be shipped to another side of the world. I don't like gated communities.

Not a very American attitude. We live in a plurality. You're from NYC. Look around, lots of different people there.

Oh wait, are you gonna tell me you got to America on the Mayflower?

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Not a very American attitude. We live in a plurality. You're from NYC. Look around, lots of different people there.

Oh wait, are you gonna tell me you got to America on the Mayflower?

Yes, many different people here, which is why the crime here sucks and is rampant. Too many illegals and people walking around thinking they are "owed" something for doing nothing.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:46 PM
You sound like most of my relatives. It must really piss you off that NY just legalized gay marriage.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
You sound like most of my relatives. It must really piss you off that NY just legalized gay marriage.

I wouldn't say it pisses me off, but it does disgust me. Even worse is the filthy queer parade they have here every year. But I don't need to accept them as normal just because the state will recognize their marriage.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't say it pisses me off, but it does disgust me. Even worse is the filthy queer parade they have here every year. But I don't need to accept them as normal just because the state will recognize their marriage.

Disgust/hate same thing. What's great about the marriage legislation is that your hate isn't legal anymore. The state recognizes the civil rights of the very people you consider the scum of the earth.

Even rapists and murderers have rights in America. Where is the gulag when we need one?

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Disgust/hate same thing. What's great about the marriage legislation is that your hate isn't legal anymore. The state recognizes the civil rights of the very people you consider the scum of the earth.

Even rapists and murderers have rights in America. Where is the gulag when we need one?

My "hate" is 100% legal. My disgust is directed towards their abnormal actions. This law has changed nothing as far as I am concerned. I still have disgust for their actions and they are still abnormal.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
My "hate" is 100% legal. My disgust is directed towards their abnormal actions. This law has changed nothing as far as I am concerned. I still have disgust for their actions and they are still abnormal.
Really? What actions are you talking about? Being monogamous? Raising families?

Or are you obsessed with butt sex? Funny, you don't seem to care that hets have butt sex too.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Really? What actions are you talking about? Being monogamous? Raising families?

Or are you obsessed with butt sex? Funny, you don't seem to care that hets have butt sex too.

Let me point something out about liberals. You just outright made a statement about my beliefs on a specific subject. Now, please, back it up and tell me how you know my thoughts on heterosexual anal sex...

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't know you personally, Jim. I know that you are obsessed with what's disgusting about queers. I find hets that single out the sexual habits of gay men for their loathing ignore the fact that hets engage in the same behaviors that they find so disgusting in queers. Oral and anal sex.

What are you? Some kind of throwback who only believes in the missionary postion?

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't know you personally, Jim. I know that you are obsessed with what's disgusting about queers. I find hets that single out the sexual habits of gay men for their loathing ignore the fact that hets engage in the same behaviors that they find so disgusting in queers. Oral and anal sex.

What are you? Some kind of throwback who only believes in the missionary postion?

Do you admit that you placed "words in my mouth" to make your post sound better?

And now I'm "obsessed" too?

You libs like to just fucking make anything up and hope something sticks. Lame!

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:30 PM
You're right. I did just that. It makes my post sound better.:dance:

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:33 PM
You're right. I did just that. It makes my post sound better.:dance:

All it did was solidify the stereotype that liberals will make things up in the midst of a "debate". I do in fact have a problem with anal sex amongst heteros too. I find it repulsive, and that part of a woman's body is not something I yearn for. And Lord knows it is off limits on my body, 'cept for nature of course. So your quick GUESS at what I believe was actually 100% wrong.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:39 PM
All it did was solidify the stereotype that liberals will make things up in the midst of a "debate". I do in fact have a problem with anal sex amongst heteros too. I find it repulsive, and that part of a woman's body is not something I yearn for. And Lord knows it is off limits on my body, 'cept for nature of course. So your quick GUESS at what I believe was actually 100% wrong.

Here's where we differ. I could give a rip what kind of sex consenting adults have in the privacy of their own bedrooms.

It's none of my business, and it's none of yours either.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Here's where we differ. I could give a rip what kind of sex consenting adults have in the privacy of their own bedrooms.

It's none of my business, and it's none of yours either.

It IS my business though when they bring it to the streets via parades and signs, and then into our politics demanding "rights".

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:47 PM
It IS my business though when they bring it to the streets via parades and signs, and then into our politics demanding "rights".

Guess what? YOU LOST.

They have the right to marry in your state.

As for the parades, I guess you've never been to Mardi Gras. You sound like a real prude.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Guess what? YOU LOST.

They have the right to marry in your state.

As for the parades, I guess you've never been to Mardi Gras. You sound like a real prude.

I didn't lose anything. I didn't have a dog in the fight. I just have disgust for queers and their actions. That hasn't changed. Their abnormalities being given a certificate from the state of NY doesn't mean I "lost".

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I didn't lose anything. I didn't have a dog in the fight. I just have disgust for queers and their actions. That hasn't changed. Their abnormalities being given a certificate from the state of NY doesn't mean I "lost".

Sure you did. You didn't want these disgusting people to have equal rights, and now they do.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Sure you did. You didn't want these disgusting people to have equal rights, and now they do.

What they want is acceptance in society. But they won't get it from me just because the state says they can have a state sanctioned marriage. Their filth and abnormalities will still exist.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:59 PM
My guess is most of them could give a shit whether you accept them or not. They wanted the civil right to marry and they got it.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 06:00 PM
My guess is most of them could give a shit whether you approve of them or not. They wanted the civil right to marry and they got it.

Kudos for them. Now hopefully the filth will go away now and back to their abnormal lives.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Kudos for them. Now hopefully the filth will go away now and back to their abnormal lives.

And hopefully, you will crawl back under your rock and let these people have their intimate privacy. Thank God your disgust for these people is abnormal.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
And hopefully, you will crawl back under your rock and let these people have their intimate privacy. Thank God your disgust for these people is abnormal.

Sorry, but the fact that this is such a protested subject, and such a political hotbed right now, only shows that I am FAR from being in a small minority on this subject. Funny how when left up to activist judges and politicians - queers get their way. But tell me, in ALL the states where it's left up to VOTES by the citizens - tell me why so many all of a sudden think like I do? Sorry, but when left to votes, queers and their supporters are still in the minority.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Sorry, but the fact that this is such a protested subject, and such a political hotbed right now, only shows that I am FAR from being in a small minority on this subject. Funny how when left up to activist judges and politicians - queers get their way. But tell me, in ALL the states where it's left up to VOTES by the citizens - tell me why so many all of a sudden think like I do? Sorry, but when left to votes, queers and their supporters are still in the minority.

Look. If you want to waste your time thinking about what other people do in bed and getting disgusted by it, I can't stop you.

As for the gay marriage issue. It's not going away until it is the law of the land throughout America. It is the civil rights issue of our time.

Little-Acorn
07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I think in most cases it is too much censorship. With breaking news though, having to start new threads too much gets lost and people lose interest. Watched that happen on another site.

Here's a way to do it that is not censorship in the least:

1.) Somebody puts a post in the thread that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, but is inflammatory and designed to prompt replies on the same off-topic.

2.) You take that off-topic post (and its replies) out of the thread, and open a brand-new thread in an appropriate forum. Put that post as the OP, and any related replies as the replies they are.

There. You have INCREASED the visibility of that off-topic post, by providing an all-new thread with its own title RELATED to the (off-topic) post, with space for anyone to read and post all he likes.

That's hardly "censorship". In fact, it's the opposite: You have INCREASED the visibility and access to what the person said. Both for him, and for the people who want to reply to him.

And you have also increased the accessibility of the original thread, by preventing it from getting buried with irrelevant, off-topic posts.

The more I think about this, the more I like it.

Can it be done? Say, upon request of the original creator of the thread, and AFTER the moderators have looked it over and judged that the off-topic post is really diversionary?

Sure, it's more work for the mods, as if you all didn't have enough already. But I believe the results would be very positive - more so than a lot of the work you have to do here.

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 07:06 PM
My sister called me a short while ago after talking to one of our cousins in Germany. It appears that both the bombing and camp shooting are the work of one male domestic terrorist, a Norwegian citizen who is currently in police custody. Several Islamic terrorist groups have attempted to take credit, but their claims have been discounted.

Looks to me like a domestic issue not unlike the Oklahoma City bombings.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
My sister called me a short while ago after talking to one of our cousins in Germany. It appears that both the bombing and camp shooting are the work of one male domestic terrorist, a Norwegian citizen who is currently in police custody. Several Islamic terrorist groups have attempted to take credit, but their claims have been discounted.

Looks to me like a domestic issue not unlike the Oklahoma City bombings.

Damn Gabby and I thought you were going to blame Bush for this like you have everything else

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Bush is only responsible for the rise of international terrorism since 2001. Therefore, he can't be the cause of the attacks in Norway.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Bush is only responsible for the rise of international terrorism since 2001. Therefore, he can't be the cause of the attacks in Norway.

Forget the heat wave - it is going to snow

Something happened and Gabby is not playing her worn out Blame Bush card

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Right along side the conservative faction still wanting to play the "blame Islam" every time a tragedy occurs.

abso
07-23-2011, 01:42 AM
i think we can wait before judging, it may be islamic radicals who did this, but no evidence yet, and we should wait.

At least one Islamic terror group quickly claimed the attacks were “revenge” for Norway’s engagement in Afghanistan, but last night Norwegian police said the attack did not appear to be the work of Islamist terrorists.

The man arrested in connection with the Utoya island shooting was named last night by the the justice ministry as Anders Behring Breivik, a 32-year-old Norwegian national. Investigators believe he was also involved in the bombing, but have not ruled out the possibility that he had accomplices.

A suspect in the shootings, and the Oslo explosion that killed seven people, was arrested. Though police did not release his name, Norwegian national broadcaster NRK identified him as 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik and said police searched his Oslo apartment overnight. NRK and other Norwegian media posted pictures of the blond, blue-eyed Norwegian.

A police official said the suspect appears to have acted alone in both attacks, and that "it seems like that this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations at all." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because that information had not been officially released by Norway's police.

"It seems it's not Islamic-terror related," the official said. "This seems like a madman's work."
The official said the attack "is probably more Norway's Oklahoma City than it is Norway's World Trade Center." Domestic terrorists carried out the 1995 attack on a federal building in Oklahoma City, while foreign terrorists were responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/22/explosion-damages-buildings-in-norwegian-capital/#ixzz1SuLaW3zf

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=6148280#post6148280

Gaffer
07-23-2011, 10:18 AM
i think we can wait before judging, it may be islamic radicals who did this, but no evidence yet, and we should wait.

It appears it was a Norwegian man working alone. He set the bomb and then went to the island to start killing people. The latest report was 80 dead on the island. Norway is a no gun society so this killer was the lone armed person. He seems to have just hated the government. This was well thought out and I suspect he planned to escape and the blame would have been put on muslim extremists, in the case of Norway the religion that cannot be named extremists. He fooled me along with many others. Unless he's recently changed his name to ackmed.

revelarts
07-23-2011, 10:48 PM
It appears it was a Norwegian man working alone. He set the bomb and then went to the island to start killing people. The latest report was 80 dead on the island. Norway is a no gun society so this killer was the lone armed person. He seems to have just hated the government. This was well thought out and I suspect he planned to escape and the blame would have been put on muslim extremists, in the case of Norway the religion that cannot be named extremists. He fooled me along with many others. Unless he's recently changed his name to ackmed.
now you can expect world wide gov't security to be looking for more WHITE ALQueda. or just White angry citizens in general. See how the gun laws aren't strong enough in Norway even. We just can't let White men walk the streets. I'll post some white people's Hate filled writings to prove it. (hope the gov't doesn't read this forum or my post). We can't be safe with all these potentially dangerous angry EXTREMIST white males, Animals. Tim McVeigh and his Crew, all those serial killers... white males. Wait a minute I shouldn't broad brush it will hit me eventually.

gabosaurus
07-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Latest news reports state that the attacker was a right-wing fundamentalist Christian and a neo-Nazi sympathizer. He felt the current Norwegian government encouraged multi-culturalism. He was particularly incensed that Norway was allowing Muslims to settle in the country.

revelarts
07-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Latest news reports state that the attacker was a right-wing fundamentalist Christian and a neo-Nazi sympathizer. He felt the current Norwegian government encouraged multi-culturalism. He was particularly incensed that Norway was allowing Muslims to settle in the country.

So any part of that description is enough for the gov'ts to redouble their efforts on:

the Right-Wing!
the Fundamentalist!
the Christians!
the Neos!
the Neo-NAZIs!
the Neo-Nazi sympathizers!
the Whites!
the Anti Muslim!
the Angry!
the Males!
the Norwegians!

and those that have friends or family of the above terrorist groups or dress like them.

The gov't will hunt you down. we've got to kill all of the terrorist. Drone bombing a few homes of the friends of this in Norway is a start. We've got neo Nazi grops here in the US and as well as alquida cells. let the drone strikes begin in Deerborne Michigan (muslims). and then in Montana and Texas (Neo-christian white angry right wing fundamentalist males). We can't allow any suspected terrorist to live if we want out grandchildren safety. Morals and laws be are for fools.

BoogyMan
07-24-2011, 07:59 PM

I will ignore the stupidity of this comment and simply point out that I am impressed that you have not yet blamed it on Sarah Palin or the TEA party.

gabosaurus
07-24-2011, 08:04 PM
The expressed intent of the gunman was to cause a backlash against Muslims and other ethnic and religious factions that he disliked. He was totally intolerant of those who opposed his viewpoints and supported any measures to wipe out his enemies.
He would have been widely accepted on this board before he went bonkers.

Gunny
07-25-2011, 04:35 AM
The expressed intent of the gunman was to cause a backlash against Muslims and other ethnic and religious factions that he disliked. He was totally intolerant of those who opposed his viewpoints and supported any measures to wipe out his enemies.
He would have been widely accepted on this board before he went bonkers.

Not really. He sounds a lot like you and you're just mildly tolerated, not accepted.

red states rule
07-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Right along side the conservative faction still wanting to play the "blame Islam" every time a tragedy occurs.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/tmdsu11072720110727055619.jpg

LuvRPgrl
08-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Look. If you want to waste your time thinking about what other people do in bed and getting disgusted by it, I can't stop you.

As for the gay marriage issue. It's not going away until it is the law of the land throughout America. It is the civil rights issue of our time.

Civil rights issue?? You are brain dead if you believe that propaganda.