PDA

View Full Version : How the Right will Re-elect Barack Obama as POTUS

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 02:52 PM
The Republican competition for craziness so taints the GOP brand that Obama becomes the safe choice, really the only choice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-green/how-the-gop-will-reelect-_b_853070.html

Little-Acorn
07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Fib count went off the scale before I finished the 3rd paragraph. No reason to waste any more time on it.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
You must admit there are some strange cookies running for the GOP ticket. It's like a contest to see who can be the nuttiest.

Nearly four in ten Republicans and those who lean toward Republicans said they were unhappy with their current choices in the presidential field, according to a new Washington Post/Pew Research Center poll

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/many-republicans-not-impressed-with-2012-field/2011/06/01/AGdcNRGH_blog.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/many-republicans-not-impressed-with-2012-field/2011/06/01/AGdcNRGH_blog.html)

Gaffer
07-22-2011, 03:10 PM
The dark lord will not be reelected. His only hope is to declare martial law and suspend the constitution, and don't think for a minute that he won't. An election would mean a republican president, a republican house and a republican senate. Along with more republican governors. And the tea party is watching.

huffpo is a despicable website, I will not allow it to be displayed on my monitor.

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Of course you don't like Huffpo, you're right wing. Any liberals besides me posting here?

red states rule
07-22-2011, 04:44 PM
The Republican competition for craziness so taints the GOP brand that Obama becomes the safe choice, really the only choice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-green/how-the-gop-will-reelect-_b_853070.html

Seems like the left is trying to convince themselves Obama is safe. You support the same things Obama wants. Bigger government. Higher taxes. Government run healthcare. More handouts and wealth transfers. You should be tickled pink with the lob he is doing and the results of his policies. So why worry? Hell, why have an election since he is so great?

Or could it be once again (like during the Carter years) we are seeing what a total failure tax and spend liberalism is? 9.2$ unemployment; record people on food stamps; record deficits and debt; near non-existent economic growth; and the big bust that his "stimulus" was. You know, a trillion bucks to pay for all those shovel ready jobs to rebuild our "crumbling infustructure"

So far each job "created" cost the US taxpayer only about $230,000

Then we have Obama wanting to continue to borrow $188 MILLION DOLLARS every hour each day to pay for his insane spending demands, and libs say "so what"? I know Wind Song, raise taxes and all will be fine. Problem is, you could tax the "rich" at a 100% tax rate and not even come up with the money to cover ONE YEAR of Obama's debt

And that darn corporate jet tax credit for CEO's has to go as well. So what if that tax credit was in the Obama stimulus? So what we would have to collect that tax for a couple of hundred YEARS to cover ONE YEAR of Obama deficits?
Details, details, right Wind Song?

So now when he have candidates talk about CUTTING spending (not slowing the rate of growth) calling for tax cuts so we have more taxpayers paying a lower tax rate, and pointing out how Obama has increased spending by about 29% they are tagges as "nuts"

BTW chek the polls, libs are losing on this big time

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 05:37 PM
The dark lord will not be reelected. His only hope is to declare martial law and suspend the constitution, and don't think for a minute that he won't. An election would mean a republican president, a republican house and a republican senate. Along with more republican governors. And the tea party is watching.

Many Dems thought the same thing in 2004. And again in 2008. It never happened.
If Republicans are fighting amongst themselves for face time, what makes anyone think they can put up a viable candidate for election? At the present time, I doubt any GOP candidate (or potential candidate) could poll more than 25 percent of the vote.
As for the House and Senate, just remember all the current fiscal irresponsibility and job losses are in the hands of Congress. I can see a large portion of the House being voted out of office in 2012.
The Tea Party remains a fringe element appealing to extremists and nut cases.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Many Dems thought the same thing in 2004. And again in 2008. It never happened.
If Republicans are fighting amongst themselves for face time, what makes anyone think they can put up a viable candidate for election? At the present time, I doubt any GOP candidate (or potential candidate) could poll more than 25 percent of the vote.
As for the House and Senate, just remember all the current fiscal irresponsibility and job losses are in the hands of Congress. I can see a large portion of the House being voted out of office in 2012.
The Tea Party remains a fringe element appealing to extremists and nut cases.

Fringe element Gabby?

A huge majority agree with Republicans and the Tea Party to Cut, Cap, and Balance

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I love how you right wingers pat each other on the back and high five. Now I know what Rush meant by "dittoheads".

red states rule
07-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I love how you right wingers pat each other on the back and high five. Now I know what Rush meant by "dittoheads".

Yep, 66% of us and grwoing

Media Mash: Despite MSM Slamming 'Cut, Cap and Balance,' 66% of Americans Want It

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2011/07/22/media-mash#ixzz1SsQLUfmI

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 05:50 PM
You'll all be weeping after the election next year. What that line up of losers running for the GOP ticket, Obama's re-election is assured.

As to the composition of this board, I would say it's 95% right wing nut.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
You'll all be weeping after the election next year. What that line up of losers running for the GOP ticket, Obama's re-election is assured.

So probably 95% of what you read here is based on facts, while the other 5% is regurgitated, emotional dog shit from moonbat websites? Gotcha! :coffee:

red states rule
07-22-2011, 05:55 PM

And I recall the left and liberal media saying the same thing before the November 2010 election

I am glad you are happy with the current shape of the economy. I guess you have not lost your job (if you work), have not lost your house (if you own one) paying ore in taxes (if you pay any) love the high gas prices (if you own a car) and you can't wait to see to vote for Obama so he can give you even more of that hope and change

and it is refreshing to see that tolerance you libs claim to be so famous for BTW

darin
07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
What the hell is the point of this thread? Wind Song - Are you simply going to insult folks who generally discount anything you post? that link is full of lies and speculation and fantasy. That's been addressed. have anything intelligent to say?

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 06:14 PM
And I recall the left and liberal media saying the same thing before the November 2010 election

I am glad you are happy with the current shape of the economy. I guess you have not lost your job (if you work), have not lost your house (if you own one) paying ore in taxes (if you pay any) love the high gas prices (if you own a car) and you can't wait to see to vote for Obama so he can give you even more of that hope and change

and it is refreshing to see that tolerance you libs claim to be so famous for BTW

Did I say I was happy with the economy? No. I said that the President had a helluva mess created by the previous admins to clean up. I said it's not his fault the economy sucks.

Tax cuts for the rich. Two expensive and unnecessary wars. Corporate greed.

It's true that programs have to be cut. The government is the worst run business I've ever seen. I do not fault the President for any of that.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Did I say I was happy with the economy? No. I said that the President had a helluva mess created by the previous admins to clean up. I said it's not his fault the economy sucks.

Here are the numbers and facts on Obama and his accomplishments

http://theamericanjingoist.net/index.php/2011/04/25/after-two-years-of-obama-heres-your-change/

After two years of Obama … Here’s your change! (http://theamericanjingoist.net/index.php/2011/04/25/after-two-years-of-obama-heres-your-change/)
<TBODY>

January 2009

TODAY

% chg

Source

Avg.. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S.

$1.83

$3.44

84%

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)

$43..48

$99..02

127.7%

Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel)

$38..74

$91..38

135.9%

Gold: London (per troy oz.)

$853.25

$1,369.50

60.5%

Corn, No.2 yellow, Central IL

$3.56

$6.33

78.1%

Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL

$9.66

$13..75

42.3%

Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb. Fob

$13..37

$35..39

164.7%

<NOBR>Unemployment (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR> rate, non-farm, overall

7.6%

9.4%

23.7%

Unemployment rate, blacks

12.6%

15.8%

25.4%

Number of unemployed

24.7%

Number of fed. Employees

2.2%

Real median household income

$50,112

$49,777

-0.7%

Number of food stamp recipients

35.1%

Number of unemployment benefit recipients

22.2%

Number of long-term unemployed

146.2%

Poverty rate, individuals

13.2%

14.3%

8.3%

People in poverty in U.S.

9.5%

U.S.. Rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings

n/a

Present Situation Index

-21.4%

Failed banks

17.1%

U.S.. Dollar versus <NOBR>Japanese yen (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR> exchange rate

-8.6%

U.S.. Money supply, M1, in billions

18.4%

U.S.. Money supply, M2, in billions

6.5%

<NOBR>National debt (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR>, in trillions

$10..627

$14..052

32.2%

</TBODY>

Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation’s history.
Over 27 times as fast. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane.
27 times faster, it would be doing 7,555 MPH!
Sources:
(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;
(7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC;
(13) Federal Reserve; (14) U.S. Treasury

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 06:17 PM
I said it's not his fault the economy sucks.

Obama himself stated he "owned" the economy a long time ago - why do liberals still feel the need to blame Bush after thing continue to get worse?

red states rule
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Obama himself stated he "owned" the economy a long time ago - why do liberals still feel the need to blame Bush after thing continue to get worse?

To try and hold on to their power Jim - which you already know that

The last thing any lib wants to talk about is Obama and his record

J.T
07-22-2011, 06:29 PM
The dark lord

:lol:

His only hope is to declare martial law and suspend the constitution

I thought that was Bush?

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
You guys can think what you will. President Obama is a great President, and much better choice for America than any of those GOP loonies running.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
You guys can think what you will. President Obama is TEN times the President Bush was.

Did you read post #16 or are just repeating the approved talking points and not paying attention to what they mean?

red states rule
07-22-2011, 06:45 PM
You guys can think what you will. President Obama is a great President, and much better choice for America than any of those GOP loonies running.

Yea his polling number reflect his accomplishments

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/july_2011/obama_approval_index_july_22_2011/491709-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_july_22_2011.jpg

J.T
07-22-2011, 06:47 PM
You guys can think what you will. President Obama is a great President.

And what, exactly, makes you feel that way about the job president Obama is doing?

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 07:15 PM

It's true that programs have to be cut. The government is the worst run business I've ever seen. I do not fault the President for any of that.

You liberal moon bat kool aid drinker, how dare you continue to perpetrate the communist MSNBC script! You are insulting the heroic right wing patriots who are never wrong! Everything that has ever happened over the last two years is the fault of the evil overlord Obama, whose only intention is to put Americans out of work, enslave their children and poison their puppies and kitties!
The only answer is to cast your vote any pathetic right wing nutcase that shows up to oppose Obama in 2012! :salute:

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 07:16 PM
You liberal moon bat kool aid drinker, how dare you continue to perpetrate the communist MSNBC script! You are insulting the heroic right wing patriots who are never wrong! Everything that has ever happened over the last two years is the fault of the evil overlord Obama, whose only intention is to put Americans out of work, enslave their children and poison their puppies and kitties!
The only answer is to cast your vote any pathetic right wing nutcase that shows up to oppose Obama in 2012! :salute:

How about both YOU and WIND SONG address the FACT that Obama himself claimed to have now owned the economy. But as soon as things get rough again, you guys revert back to blaming Bush. Why is that?

red states rule
07-22-2011, 07:19 PM

and you have what to say about post #16 which sums up Obama's record and what he will have to run on?

Or are you going to be like Wind Song and ignore it, ignore Obama's record, and blindly support Obama's tax and spend liberal agenda despite the harm it is causng the country?

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 07:23 PM
How about both YOU and WIND SONG address the FACT that Obama himself claimed to have now owned the economy. But as soon as things get rough again, you guys revert back to blaming Bush. Why is that?

How can things get rough when they have never gotten any better? But that is not the point of this thread. Which is that, with the current state of disarray among potential GOP candidates, it is Obama's race to lose in 2012. Because even someone who is borderline incompetent is going to win out over an opponent who is certified loony.

jimnyc
07-22-2011, 07:27 PM
How can things get rough when they have never gotten any better? But that is not the point of this thread. Which is that, with the current state of disarray among potential GOP candidates, it is Obama's race to lose in 2012. Because even someone who is borderline incompetent is going to win out over an opponent who is certified loony.

Almost all polls I have seen show the race neck and neck - without a (R) even specified, and some showing the Republican leading. Even Bachmann, who we know you love, was set just 4 points below Obama by Rasmussen today.

But MY point was, Democrat supporters continue to blame Bush - even though Obama himself stated after awhile that he now owned the economy. It's only gotten worse. You guys refuse to acknowledge that. But had anything gotten better, you would have gave Obama credit.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 07:28 PM

and with Obama having to defend the numbers in post 16 he is toast

Only a liberal moonbat like you Gaby would call someone who wants to stop the government from borrowing $180 million each and every hour a certified loony

Seems you libs are already playing defense

Wind Song
07-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Did you read post #16 or are just repeating the approved talking points and not paying attention to what they mean?

No, I haven't read post #16.

I'm not repeating talking points, I'm telling you how I feel about the President.

red states rule
07-22-2011, 07:30 PM

I'm not repeating talking points, I'm telling you how I feel about the President.

Well take a long look at that hope and change and get back to me

But alas, chances are you wil ignore it like the rest of the Obama supporters

Yea, I keep forgetting being a liberal is all about how you "feel" and not about the actual results of liberal programs and policies

J.T
07-22-2011, 07:40 PM
the President had a helluva mess created by the previous admins to clean up.

Clean up? If only... seems to me like it's been more of the same.

I said it's not his fault the economy sucks.So only Republican presidents are responsible for the economy during their term?

As oppose to...?

The government is the worst run business I've ever seen
It's not supposed to be a business in the first place.

I do not fault the President for any of that.

Any president?

revelarts
07-22-2011, 09:28 PM
You know, As bad as things are
and as many promises Obama has broken
and the how Jacked up the economy is.
I don't see people as pissed off as they were with Bush. The right has never liked Obama so he's not losing votes there. Sure his poll numbers are down but somehow i get the feeling... very unscientific ... that Obama would get the democratic "devil you know" vote over the republican "devil you don't know" vote.
To me it seems sorta like Clinton v Dole all over again. The right is so war mad that they won't pick Paul who could pull votes from the left. And none of the other candidates have anymore vote getting chops than Dole did. Obama probably won't get the turn out last time from new folks but plenty of sometime republicans will probably stay home if their pet dog isn't in the race.

It's gonna be a pitiful circus of lies an arse covering, denial and blame shifting on the left this campaign season though like WS's "he's a great president". Facts will be in short supply. Similar to the chest beating of the right over Bush in spite of deficits and wmd lies he lived.

2012 looks like more of the same D & R show at this point.

fj1200
07-22-2011, 10:31 PM

:laugh: Based on what track record? Such pablum.

Kathianne
07-22-2011, 11:19 PM
You must admit there are some strange cookies running for the GOP ticket. It's like a contest to see who can be the nuttiest.

Nearly four in ten Republicans and those who lean toward Republicans said they were unhappy with their current choices in the presidential field, according to a new Washington Post/Pew Research Center poll

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/many-republicans-not-impressed-with-2012-field/2011/06/01/AGdcNRGH_blog.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/many-republicans-not-impressed-with-2012-field/2011/06/01/AGdcNRGH_blog.html)

I wonder if they asked dems how they feel about their choices? LOL! Not so good from polling numbers and even worse on the issues.

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 11:34 PM
In 2004, Republicans were very happy with retaining an incumbent who had allowed our country to be attacked and sent several thousand American soldiers to their deaths for no good reason. Not to mention financial support of the upper class, lack of oversight of big business and the continual erosion of personal freedoms.

fj1200
07-22-2011, 11:37 PM
In 2004, Republicans were very happy with retaining an incumbent who had allowed our country to be attacked and sent several thousand American soldiers to their deaths for no good reason. Not to mention financial support of the upper class, lack of oversight of big business and the continual erosion of personal freedoms.

:laugh: I might give you the last one if Congress hadn't virtually rubberstamped every 9/11 reaction bill.

gabosaurus
07-22-2011, 11:50 PM
:laugh: I might give you the last one if Congress hadn't virtually rubberstamped every 9/11 reaction bill.

Of course they did. Same way they obliged (without investigating) every Bush lie about WMDs. No member of Congress wanted to be branded as "soft on terror." Which was Dubya's calling card for the next seven years.

fj1200
07-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Of course they did. Same way they obliged (without investigating) every Bush lie about WMDs. No member of Congress wanted to be branded as "soft on terror." Which was Dubya's calling card for the next seven years.

Are you saying you support a gutless party?

red states rule
07-23-2011, 01:54 PM
You know, As bad as things are
and as many promises Obama has broken
and the how Jacked up the economy is.
I don't see people as pissed off as they were with Bush. The right has never liked Obama so he's not losing votes there. Sure his poll numbers are down but somehow i get the feeling... very unscientific ... that Obama would get the democratic "devil you know" vote over the republican "devil you don't know" vote.
To me it seems sorta like Clinton v Dole all over again. The right is so war mad that they won't pick Paul who could pull votes from the left. And none of the other candidates have anymore vote getting chops than Dole did. Obama probably won't get the turn out last time from new folks but plenty of sometime republicans will probably stay home if their pet dog isn't in the race.

It's gonna be a pitiful circus of lies an arse covering, denial and blame shifting on the left this campaign season though like WS's "he's a great president". Facts will be in short supply. Similar to the chest beating of the right over Bush in spite of deficits and wmd lies he lived.

2012 looks like more of the same D & R show at this point.

Still have a hard on for Ron Paul I see

Oh well, with the economy the way it is - and zero chance of it improving by November 2012 - Obama has little chance of winning.

Of course there will be some who will vote for him no matter how many are unemployed, no matter how many people lose their homes; no matter how much debt Obama racks up; no matter how bad inflation gets; and no matter how much the gas prices climb.

But not enough to keep him employed

With Clinton, he was smart enough to see governing as a liberal would cost him his job after the 94 midterm. Obama is too stupid to understand that fact.

BoogyMan
07-23-2011, 07:21 PM

You want to start a discussion and try to do so with HuffPo hopium smoker hogwash? Egads....

There is nothing "safe" or "sane" about 4 more years of the manchurian president. We warned he was a socialist based on his policies. We warned he wasn't ready based on the lack of any kind of experience or record. We warned he was a radical due to his ties to other radicals. The liberals in America didn't want to hear the truth and most still don't. The man is a blot on the office and an offense to all that is American.

KarlMarx
07-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Are

You

Tripping?

BoogyMan
07-24-2011, 11:54 AM

You need to put the hopium pipe down and give real examples of what makes Urkle a "great president." Your having just proclaimed it doesn't make it so.

Shoottothrill
07-24-2011, 12:32 PM

I'd hardly call huffingtonpost.com a bipartisan site so I really can't put much merit in what is posted there. Yeah, I know, I guess I'll be declared right wing for that.

Romney is pretty popular, and I think when it gets down to it the base of the Republican party will support him. I think they might support an orange peel if it meant getting Obama out of office. Rubio is gaining in popularity, but I'm not sure he's ready for the top of the ticket. He is a good possibility as a VP candidate. Cain is also gaining popularity, and though I can't say much for him Rick Perry is making some noise. There's also the simple fact that it's still early. A lot of candidates won't even officially announce until later this year, and some of the candidates that are out there now will be out of the race by the time the Iowa Caucus rolls around.

All this reminds me of the 1980 election. (Yeah, showing my age a little.) Democrats were convinced the people would never elect Ronald Reagan and declared another four years of Jimmy Carter. If it was blind obedience to the party or just looking at things through rose colored glasses, Dems seemed oblivious to the fact that Carter sucked as a president. Things were worse, and the voting public was not buying into the finger pointing and accusations that it was all Nixons and Fords fault.

This time around there is the fact that the economy was struggling severely when Obama took office, but after being elected on the hype of "Hope and Change" he didn't change much. Things aren't getting better, they are getting worse, and a lot of people who voted for him in 2008 quickly saw that the candidate they voted for and the president they got were two different people. A lot of voters felt duped, and people don't like feeling that they were suckered into something.

Finally, I find it odd that the point of craziness is made. So, Democrats have always had level headed, mature, viable candidates? Should we see if Al Sharpton is planning another run in 2016? Let's get Jerry Browne back on the national stage. Hell, Joe Biden has always been a walking gaffe. There's plenty of craziness on both sides.

red states rule
07-27-2011, 03:29 AM
You need to put the hopium pipe down and give real examples of what makes Urkle a "great president." Your having just proclaimed it doesn't make it so.

Obama has MANY accomplishments, and here are just a few

snip

A 100% increase (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/mar/30/gas-prices-double-under-obama/) in gasoline prices (http://www.mentalrecession.com/2011/04/05/afp-news-many-of-america%e2%80%99s-problems-predated-obama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMentalRecession+%28The+Men tal+Recession%29#).
A $5 trillion plus increase in the national debt (http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=263805#ixzz1IO6aR6ag http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=263805), and a <NOBR>projection (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR> that the debt (http://www.mentalrecession.com/2011/04/05/afp-news-many-of-america%e2%80%99s-problems-predated-obama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMentalRecession+%28The+Men tal+Recession%29#) will increase to 102.6% of the nation’s GDP (http://www.mentalrecession.com/2011/04/05/afp-news-many-of-america%e2%80%99s-problems-predated-obama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMentalRecession+%28The+Men tal+Recession%29#) – a first since the end of World War II.
Tripled the national deficit (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/02/once-again-barack-obama-blames-bush-for-the-deficit-he-tripled-in-one-year/) in his first year in office.
An increase in the unemployment rate (http://www.gallup.com/poll/146900/Gallup-Finds-Unemployment-Rate-March.aspx) to 9.2#, and an underemployment rate (http://www.mentalrecession.com/2011/04/05/afp-news-many-of-america%e2%80%99s-problems-predated-obama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMentalRecession+%28The+Men tal+Recession%29#) of 19.3%.
Has failed in an embarrassing manner to close Guantanamo Bay, a focal point of his campaign in 2008.
858 U.S. soldiers killed (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/60-us-military-deaths-afghanistan-have-o) in Afghanistan since Obama’s inauguration.
Launched a third war (http://nation.foxnews.com/obama/2011/03/20/serious-doubts-raised-about-obamas-war-libya) in Libya (http://www.mentalrecession.com/2011/04/05/afp-news-many-of-america%e2%80%99s-problems-predated-obama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMentalRecession+%28The+Men tal+Recession%29#) by avoiding Congressional approval – something Vice-President Biden called an impeachable offense, and which Obama himself declared unconstitutional.
Did manage to end combat operations in Iraq. Well, maybe that was Bush (http://rightwingnews.com/iraq/obama-takes-credit-for-bushs-iraq-withdrawal-timeline/).
A mere 37% of American voters believe Obama is doing a good job handling their national security (http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/04/voters-give-obama-poor-marks-on-national-security/).
http://conservativedailynews.com/2011/04/finally-an-honest-list-of-obamas-accomplishments/

SassyLady
07-27-2011, 03:56 AM
So probably 95% of what you read here is based on facts, while the other 5% is regurgitated, emotional dog shit from moonbat websites? Gotcha! :coffee:

:clap::clap::clap:

SassyLady
07-27-2011, 04:01 AM

And your feelings are based upon what, exactly?

red states rule
07-27-2011, 04:05 AM

SL, I learned something about liberals when I was in HS taking on one of my Social Studies teachers that has stayed with me since

With liberals it is NOT the actual results of their policies - but their good intentions

Libs run on emotion pure and simple. They preach civility as long as you agree with them

They call on "shared sacrifice" but only from others

They demand higher taxes but they have no intention of paying them

But you knew all that already

SassyLady
07-27-2011, 04:12 AM

Because he was running against Kerry, duh!!!

So, what you are saying is that Democrats will be happy with retaining an incumbent who has allowed our country to slip into another recession, got us involved in another war, created high unemployment rates, ignored housing prices that are slipping into a secondary decline, leading to consumer and business spending slowing dramatically..... and, gas and food prices remain high, eating up more than 20% of consumers wages and salaries.

Yep, history repeating itself.

SassyLady
07-27-2011, 04:15 AM
SL, I learned something about liberals when I was in HS taking on one of my Social Studies teachers that has stayed with me since

With liberals it is NOT the actual results of their policies - but their good intentions

Libs run on emotion pure and simple. They preach civility as long as you agree with them

They call on "shared sacrifice" but only from others

They demand higher taxes but they have no intention of paying them

But you knew all that already

Yes, I do ... but hope springs eternal.

red states rule
07-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Because he was running against Kerry, duh!!!

So, what you are saying is that Democrats will be happy with retaining an incumbent who has allowed our country to slip into another recession, got us involved in another war, created high unemployment rates, ignored housing prices that are slipping into a secondary decline, leading to consumer and business spending slowing dramatically..... and, gas and food prices remain high, eating up more than 20% of consumers wages and salaries.

Yep, history repeating itself.

It would seem many people are not very happy. Of course libs like Gabby will dismiss the polls as "biased"

Obama is doing as well as I expected him to do, and I am surprised it has taken this long for a majority of people to reach the same conclusion

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/july_2011/obama_approval_index_july_26_2011/492369-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_july_26_2011.jpg

KarlMarx
07-27-2011, 06:50 AM

Yes, I saw this first hand on a message board from my local newspaper on the subject of gay marriage. It seems that any comments, including mine, that opposed gay marriage were met with a lot of hostility rather than rational dialogue. I also saw that many posts that had a opposing viewpoint would disappear, including mine. The reason? It violated terms and conditions. What I finally figured out was that each post has a "report abuse" link. The gays that hung out at these message boards were using them to have any opposing posts removed. The editorial staff, for whatever reasons, complied. I finally had enough and reported one (a joke about Jesus that was in very poor taste) and, sure enough, the post disappeared.

J.T
07-27-2011, 07:46 AM

He's not an old White Republican?

red states rule
07-28-2011, 04:01 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn110728_cmyk20110727021222.jpg

Gunny
07-28-2011, 08:24 AM

You sure do have a lot of faith in the most politically-biased and dishonest of sources.