PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who the TWO main actors were in The Bowery Boys?

Binky
07-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Now..........can you name them off the top of your head without checking on the net? No peeking. Dig deep into your trivia filled minds and see if you can come up with their names. :coffee:

Gunny
07-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Now..........can you name them off the top of your head without checking on the net? No peeking. Dig deep into your trivia filled minds and see if you can come up with their names. :coffee:

Easily. Can you name the the gang's original name and the flick they first appeared in?

Binky
07-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Easily. Can you name the the gang's original name and the flick they first appeared in?

I believe it was The Eastside Kids..... And I think the movie was Angels with Dirty Faces starring Humphrey Bogart. HOWEVER, you did not tell us who played the two main characters of our gang.

Gaffer
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Leo Gorcy and Huntz Hall.

Whad I win?

Gunny
07-26-2011, 11:03 AM
I believe it was The Eastside Kids..... And I think the movie was Angels with Dirty Faces starring Humphrey Bogart. HOWEVER, you did not tell us who played the two main characters of our gang. The movie was Dead End and they were the Dead End Kids. They were the East Side kiids sometime after that.

Binky
07-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Leo Gorcy and Huntz Hall.

Whad I win?

More chuckles from me....And you are correct....

darin
07-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Holy crap you guys are old :):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::beer:

Binky
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
The movie was Dead End and they were the Dead End Kids. They were the East Side kiids sometime after that.

Ok, I knew I was close tho. LOLOLOL! I ain't perfect...

Now............who played Louie.....?

Gunny
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I believe it was The Eastside Kids..... And I think the movie was Angels with Dirty Faces starring Humphrey Bogart. HOWEVER, you did not tell us who played the two main characters of our gang.

Of course I didn't tell, Kind of kills the thread in 2 posts if I do, doesn't it?

Was Leo Gorcey and Huntz Hall. They used to come on most early Saturday mornings long before cable and color TV.:laugh:

Gunny
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Ok, I knew I was close tho. LOLOLOL! I ain't perfect...

Now............who played Louie.....?

IIRC, some old guy whose name actually was Louie something or another.

Binky
07-26-2011, 11:12 AM

Older, wiser and all that much better. :laugh2: Ever hear of reruns? :laugh2:

Binky
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
IIRC, some old guy whose name actually was Louie something or another.

GOTCHA! You are not a true trivia nut.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! He was Leo Gorsy Sr......TaDa......

Gunny
07-26-2011, 11:16 AM

I prefer being called a survivor to "old". ;)

darin
07-26-2011, 11:18 AM
"Age-enhanced"?

Gunny
07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
GOTCHA! You are not a true trivia nut.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! He was Leo Gorsy Sr......TaDa......

Yes and no. Apparently there's a hitch in YOUR get-a-long as well. Leo Gorcey's father's name was not Leo, so he wasn't a Sr.

However, we're talking two different things anyway. Louie was not in Dead End; which, is where my knowledge of them begins and ends. They were actually what they were labeled -- a gang of kids then, not a comedy act. Don't recall a whole bunch about them after they became a comedy act and adults. Just saw a movie or two of theirs over the years.

Gunny
07-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh, and "Papa" Gorcey's name was "Bernard".

Binky
07-26-2011, 11:23 AM
"Age-enhanced"?

LOLOLOLOLOL! At least our brains are still vibrating and working. Altho', there appears to be times when they shut down.....:laugh2::laugh2:

Gaffer
07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
The Bowery Boys were still playing boys when they were 50 years old.