PDA

View Full Version : Optometrist

jimnyc
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I went to see an optometrist as I'm having a little blurry vision once in awhile and definitely issues with oncoming headlights when driving at night. I've had a sensitivity to bright lights my whole life and a history of migraines. I had to take a new vision test for my drivers license recently, and although they scored me with a 20/20, I still had the issues listed above.

So the optometrist does the usual tests and also says I have 20/20 vision, but have a little issue with letters up close, and prescribed reading glasses. But I asked her what about the blurred vision and driving at night, and she's like "well, its not your eyes and you have 20/20 vision". Wouldn't they want to know what is causing the blurriness and show any concern that I have trouble driving at night? Is this just because I'm getting old? But fuck, even if it is, even old people should be able to drive! LOL

If all you bastards get together and donate a ton of money to the board, I'll post a picture of myself wearing my glasses!! :coffee:

andrew2382
07-26-2011, 04:35 PM
even old people should be able to drive! LOL

i don't know...I'm a cop here in South Florida and I may have to argue this point lol :laugh:

jimnyc
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
i don't know...I'm a cop here in South Florida and I may have to argue this point lol :laugh:

A cop, and former Army as I'm to understand? Thanks for your service, Sir! :salute:

Gaffer
07-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, Jim the fuzziness may just be that you need reading glasses. I need them and wear mine all the time when on the computer or doing close work. Since you're on the pc a lot it's not surprising you would need them. All true geeks wear them. The wire rims look cool. They give you an intellectual look. The Buddy Holly black plastic are another story.

chloe
07-26-2011, 05:24 PM
which feels better this? or this? :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Well, Jim the fuzziness may just be that you need reading glasses. I need them and wear mine all the time when on the computer or doing close work. Since you're on the pc a lot it's not surprising you would need them. All true geeks wear them. The wire rims look cool. They give you an intellectual look. The Buddy Holly black plastic are another story.

I actually just put them on to reply to this post. Holy crap, it's like wearing magnifying glasses. Sweet! Although, I did pick out the ugliest and heaviest pair I could find. Anything less and I would have broken or lost them within 24hrs. Hence the fact me needing $$$ in order to post a pic! LOL

Gunny
07-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I went to see an optometrist as I'm having a little blurry vision once in awhile and definitely issues with oncoming headlights when driving at night. I've had a sensitivity to bright lights my whole life and a history of migraines. I had to take a new vision test for my drivers license recently, and although they scored me with a 20/20, I still had the issues listed above.

So the optometrist does the usual tests and also says I have 20/20 vision, but have a little issue with letters up close, and prescribed reading glasses. But I asked her what about the blurred vision and driving at night, and she's like "well, its not your eyes and you have 20/20 vision". Wouldn't they want to know what is causing the blurriness and show any concern that I have trouble driving at night? Is this just because I'm getting old? But fuck, even if it is, even old people should be able to drive! LOL

If all you bastards get together and donate a ton of money to the board, I'll post a picture of myself wearing my glasses!! :coffee:

I got the same spiel. I have 20/20 vision but need reading glasses in low light. I was told it was because I was "getting older". I barely passed the eye test for my last driver's license renewal.

andrew2382
07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
is this what life is like when you get old? :laugh:

jimnyc
07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
I got the same spiel. I have 20/20 vision but need reading glasses in low light. I was told it was because I was "getting older". I barely passed the eye test for my last driver's license renewal.

I took what they call the "snelling test"? at my other doctors office for my license renewal form. He asked me to keep reading the lines and things were getting blurrier and blurrier. I actually giggled at one point, thinking to myself "great, with shit getting blurry like this I'll be running people over left and right" - just then the Doc is like "Well, perfect 20/20, here's your form". No wonder there is so much trouble on our roads, they let fucked up people like me keep getting behind the wheel! :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-26-2011, 06:33 PM

The worst part is that it's all coming at once. I was fine till I hit 40. In the past 3 years I gained weight, tearing muscles and tendons, going blind, losing my memory... I have to go to the gym 3x more than I used to for 3x longer than I used to, and even then the results are only like 50% of what they used to be. And then every muscle aches like you were hit by a car. 5 more years of this and I'm visiting Kevorkian. Or did he just die?

Gunny
07-26-2011, 06:35 PM

Already wearing out that welcome, huh?:slap:

andrew2382
07-26-2011, 06:35 PM
The worst part is that it's all coming at once. I was fine till I hit 40. In the past 3 years I gained weight, tearing muscles and tendons, going blind, losing my memory... I have to go to the gym 3x more than I used to for 3x longer than I used to, and even then the results are only like 50% of what they used to be. And then every muscle aches like you were hit by a car. 5 more years of this and I'm visiting Kevorkian. Or did he just die?

ouch, good thing for me i will stay young forever huh

Gunny
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I took what they call the "snelling test"? at my other doctors office for my license renewal form. He asked me to keep reading the lines and things were getting blurrier and blurrier. I actually giggled at one point, thinking to myself "great, with shit getting blurry like this I'll be running people over left and right" - just then the Doc is like "Well, perfect 20/20, here's your form". No wonder there is so much trouble on our roads, they let fucked up people like me keep getting behind the wheel! :laugh2:

LOL. I don't need them to drive.

andrew2382
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Already wearing out that welcome, huh?:slap:

lol apparently, then again i'm 30 years old and my son wears me out in 15 minutes so safe to say i'm not the pillar of physical fitness i used to be

jimnyc
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
ouch, good thing for me i will stay young forever huh

I thought that too, then one day you wake up after 17 years of marriage, with a fat belly, can't remember shit.... Ahhh... nevermind! LOL

darin
07-27-2011, 12:19 PM

My buddy is a cop in Lakeland :) :salute:

CSM
07-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Welcome to my world! Wait until you hit 60.
There are advantages however; you can outright ogle a younger pretty girl (fuzzy vision and all) and they don't even notice you. You can avoid the tougher physically intense stuff and others will blame it on your age and not the fact that you are inept at sports or scared. There are others but I can't remember them.

Kathianne
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
ouch, good thing for me i will stay young forever huhI really believe that, until I hit 30. ;)