PDA

View Full Version : Beck compares likens Norway camp victims to "Hitler Youth"

gabosaurus
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Mr. Sensitivity at it again.

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2011/07/26/glenn_beck_says_norway_camp_like_hitler_youth/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+TV+news

Thunderknuckles
07-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I actually listened to him on Monday and they aren't putting this in full context. While Beck did mention the Hitler Youth, he also stated he was against any camps with a political agenda of indoctrinating children. He said he would never send his own kids to either a conservative political camp or a liberal one and that it is up to young people to form their own opinions based on their own life experiences. The Hitler Youth comment was unfortunate but I don't think anyone can disagree with the intended spirit of his argument.

KartRacerBoy
07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
It's always unfortunate when Glenn Beck opens his mouth. Nothing good can ever come of it.

As for parents "sending" kids to political camp, I seem to recall my teenage years when I started to make decisions for myself whatever my parents thought. Some kids get political, some do sports, or whatever. The kids I saw were clearly old enough to make decisions like this. They weren't 12 yr olds being indoctrinated. A 15 yr old kid will want to make decisions for himself.

Glenn Beck should have his parenting license taken away. What I really think he meant was that it was a camp of liberal kids so clearly the parents were negligent.

SassyLady
07-28-2011, 12:29 AM
It's always unfortunate when Glenn Beck opens his mouth. Nothing good can ever come of it.

As for parents "sending" kids to political camp, I seem to recall my teenage years when I started to make decisions for myself whatever my parents thought. Some kids get political, some do sports, or whatever. The kids I saw were clearly old enough to make decisions like this. They weren't 12 yr olds being indoctrinated. A 15 yr old kid will want to make decisions for himself.

Glenn Beck should have his parenting license taken away. What I really think he meant was that it was a camp of liberal kids so clearly the parents were negligent.

Not all kids are secure enough to make their own decisions....which is why so many end up in gangs, cults and bending to peer pressure.

J.T
07-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Hitler had youth camps and ties to the Catholic church.

Hitler hated minorities and foreigners.

The Catholic Church down the road has youth camps.

Conservative anti-communists (the JBS) have youth camps.

JBS was co-founded by the father of the Koch brothers, who're big players in the teabagger astroturf.

The teabaggers have youth camps (http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/tea-party-group-offers-summer-camp/1175119)and hate the African in the White house.

Hold up, let me get my chalkboard and see what we can do with this...

SassyLady
07-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Hitler had youth camps and ties to the Catholic church.

Hitler hated minorities and foreigners.

The Catholic Church down the road has youth camps.

Conservative anti-communists (the JBS) have youth camps.

JBS was co-founded by the father of the Koch brothers, who're big players in the teabagger astroturf.

The teabaggers have youth camps (http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/tea-party-group-offers-summer-camp/1175119)and hate the African in the White house.

Hold up, let me get my chalkboard and see what we can do with this...

:lame2:

Hold on there little mouse .... you are foaming at the mouth and we might have to put you down.

I am officially quarantining myself from your rabid progressive liberal spew before it splatters on me.

Night!