PDA

View Full Version : Tele-Abortions?

J.T
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Something surreal about the whole thing. Are we sure this isn't a deleted scene from THX1138?

A woman seeking an abortion via telemedicine has an ultrasound performed by a trained technician, receives information about medical abortion and signs a standard informed consent for the abortion.

Once that is complete, a physician steps in via teleconference. The doctor reviews the woman's medical history and ultrasound images, and once it is determined that she is eligible -- up to nine weeks pregnant and not an ectopic pregnancy (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001897/) -- she has time to ask questions.

Then, the doctor enters a computer passcode to remotely open a drawer at the clinic containing two pills. She then swallows the mifepristone, under the doctor's supervision, and then is instructed to take four additional tablets of misoprostol within the next 24 to 48 hours. The actual abortion happens at home.

Iowa is one of the many states that require a doctor to perform a medical abortion. (http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/sfaa/iowa.html) But telemedicine fits within the guidelines of that law

chloe
07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Abortion is murder !

ConHog
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Abortion is murder !

My body , my choice goddamit.

Here that leads me to another head scratcher. Why are the same people who believe that a woman has the absolute right to do with her property (ie abort her baby if she wants) railing against DW for doing what they want on THEIR property????????///

Just things that make you go hmmmmmm...

chloe
07-28-2011, 10:34 PM
My body , my choice goddamit.

Here that leads me to another head scratcher. Why are the same people who believe that a woman has the absolute right to do with her property (ie abort her baby if she wants) railing against DW for doing what they want on THEIR property????????///

Just things that make you go hmmmmmm...

Well a woman has a right to keep her legs closed and not risk pregnancy. A man has a right not to stick his thing in a woman and risk impregnating her, and a baby has a right to be born.

:salute:

ConHog
07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Well a woman has a right to keep her legs closed and not risk pregnancy. A man has a right not to stick his thing in a woman and risk impregnating her, and a baby has a right to be born.

:salute:

YAY a woman who puts equal responsibility on the woman.

chloe
07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
YAY a woman who puts equal responsibility on the woman.

WHo is DW?

ConHog
07-28-2011, 10:42 PM
WHo is DW?

DollyWood

chloe
07-28-2011, 10:44 PM
DollyWood

I was just in Tennessee a week and a half ago, it sure is pretty, but I haven't visited Dollywood.

ConHog
07-28-2011, 10:49 PM
I was just in Tennessee a week and a half ago, it sure is pretty, but I haven't visited Dollywood.

It's okay.. No Disney of course, but they got some decent rides.

revelarts
07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Something surreal about the whole thing. Are we sure this isn't a deleted scene from THX1138? brave new world, add some Soma to that and your all good. double plus.

what a horror