PDA

View Full Version : Kudoes to the Republicans who are refusing to raise taxes!

Little-Acorn
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Kudoes to the Republicans who are sticking to their guns and refusing to raise taxes! They are the ones objecting to Boehner's bill. Boehner seems to be playing the shopworn Republican tactic of sticking to his guns "for a while" and then gracefully conceding, and letting the liberals have their way yet again, with higher taxes, higher spending, and more crushing debt.

Thank God we elected some in 2010 who finally have common sense AND who will stick to it!

You new Republicans who are refusing to yield on taxes (after yielding on balancing the budget and yielding on paying off the National Debt), keep in mind: You didn't cause this present crisis, and you weren't elected to avoid it or put it off until later. You were elected to bring conservative fiscal sanity back to our government... which means stopping the insane spending, cut down (and eventually off) the constant deficits, and eventually start paying down the huge National Debt. So keep DOING IT as you are!

Reinforcements will arrive in Nov. 2012. Hold the fort until then, and then you can start making plans to start solving the REAL problem: start paying down our immense debt.

J.T
07-29-2011, 12:04 AM
With an effective corporate tax rate of zero percent and the lowest effective marginal tax rates in decades, our current prosperity is a testament to the brilliance and effectiveness Republican tax policies as a means of stimulating economic growth and elevating the standard of living for everyone.

red states rule
07-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Finally, we have some people who are standing firm and refusing to allow the Obama spending spree to continue by providing more taxpayer moeny for him to spend.

It is amazing how there are some people who are content to have people pay more in taxes so the spending may go on. They must either be devoted big government libs or they are one of the 50% of folks who do not pay any federal income taxes so they don't give a damn

They also do not give a damn that since taking office, Obama has added nearly 4 trillion to the debt - they are not the ones who will have to pay it off

fj1200
07-29-2011, 09:32 AM
With an effective corporate tax rate of zero percent and the lowest effective marginal tax rates in decades, our current prosperity is a testament to the brilliance and effectiveness Republican tax policies as a means of stimulating economic growth and elevating the standard of living for everyone.

The FJ stimulus plan: ELIMINATE CORPORATE INCOME TAXES

Create jobs: Ask me how.

J.T
07-29-2011, 09:57 AM

Because you're retarded?

Although the top corporate tax rate in the United States is 35 percent, one of the highest in the world, companies have been increasingly using a maze of shelters, tax credits and subsidies to pay far less. In a regulatory filing just a week before the Japanese disaster put a spotlight on the company’s nuclear reactor business, G.E. reported that its tax burden was 7.4 percent of its American profits, about a third of the average reported by other American multinationals. Even those figures are overstated, because they include taxes that will be paid only if the company brings its overseas profits back to the United States. With those profits still offshore, G.E. is effectively getting money back.
Such strategies, as well as changes in tax laws that encouraged some businesses and professionals to file as individuals, have pushed down the corporate share of the nation’s tax receipts — from 30 percent of all federal revenue in the mid-1950s to 6.6 percent in 2009.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

How much more money do you want to give them?

General Electric, what the Times calls America's largest corporation, paid no taxes at all in 2010 despite global pre-tax income of more than $14 billion.
A full $5.1 billion of that was earned in the United States. This is the second year in a row they've managed to completely avoid taxes. But get this, not only did GE pay absolutely no taxes in 2010 or 2009, but they actually pocketed more than $3 billion in government tax credits according to the Times. Yes, the government paid GE.

http://www.good.is/post/how-american-corporations-pay-no-taxes-in-2010/

Take your Republican Class War against the poor someplace else. That shit won't fly here.

KartRacerBoy
07-29-2011, 09:58 AM

Don't post dumb stuff just to match JT, fj.

fj1200
07-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Don't post dumb stuff just to match JT, fj.

I can back it up. Him, not so much. You're right about one thing though, he is a vimii (the species not the person).

fj1200
07-29-2011, 10:14 AM
How much more money do you want to give them?

I don't want to "give" them any money. You need to understand the truth that corporations don't pay taxes, they only collect them and pass them on to the government.

Take your Republican Class War against the poor someplace else. That shit won't fly here.

No class war here, I advocate policies that will create job and business opportunities for people, you are content in advocating policies that only serve those who think government is conducive to opportunity.

KartRacerBoy
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM
I can back it up. Him, not so much. You're right about one thing though, he is a vimii (the species not the person).

The problem is that the internets doesn't have a reliable evolutionary device to cull his species.

KartRacerBoy
07-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't want to "give" them any money. You need to understand the truth that corporations don't pay taxes, they only collect them and pass them on to the government.

We had a debate on this before on LGT. IIRC, taxes are not necessarily passed on by corporations to consumers. And counterintuitively, monopolies absorb more of the taxes without passing the costs on to consumers than do companies in truly free markets. I'm going to have to look that up...

J.T
07-29-2011, 11:07 AM
ou need to understand the truth that corporations don't pay taxes
Good, you're learning

they only collect them and pass them on to the government.

Nevermind, You're denser than I thought. Click and read again.

Little-Acorn
07-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Good, you're learning

Is jt back on his "Since I found a few corporations that obeyed the law eliminating their income taxes, that means that NO corporations paid income taxes, and vilifying all corporations and trying to get government to punish them all is therefore good and proper" rant again?

Isn't he cute when he does that? :laugh:

J.T
07-29-2011, 11:23 AM
a few?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/12/us-usa-taxes-corporations-idUSN1249465620080812

why can't you be honest?

Little-Acorn
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM
There he goes again. :laugh:

fj1200
07-29-2011, 01:17 PM
We had a debate on this before on LGT. IIRC, taxes are not necessarily passed on by corporations to consumers. And counterintuitively, monopolies absorb more of the taxes without passing the costs on to consumers than do companies in truly free markets. I'm going to have to look that up...

There are three "tax paying" groups: Consumers, labor, and capital. Just because not all taxes are passed on to the consumer does not mean that they aren't passed on to the labor or capital. The corporate tax is merely a back-door tax on capital a la the double taxation of, for example, dividends being paid AFTER tax is paid at the corporate level. A high domestic corporate tax will only encourage a shift toward foreign labor.

fj1200
07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Good, you're learning

This is why you are wholly incapable of being able to engage in a debate beyond your first claims which are easily disputed in the first place.

a few?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/12/us-usa-taxes-corporations-idUSN1249465620080812

why can't you be honest?

Honesty?

The Government Accountability Office said 72 percent of all foreign corporations and about 57 percent of U.S. companies doing business in the United States paid no federal income taxes for at least one year between 1998 and 2005.
More than half of foreign companies and about 42 percent of U.S. companies paid no U.S. income taxes for two or more years in that period, the report said.
You should try it. Another example of you parsing context in order to make a point that really isn't there.

red states rule
07-31-2011, 07:30 AM

I remember the last Dem who ran on the American people were undertaxed, and he promised to raise taxes if elected

That was Walter Mondull and I hope Obama followes the same campaign tactic. Hell, I hope Obama goes out and hires Mondull's campaign manager Bob Beckel away from Fox News