PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden: Landlord to the Secret Service?

red states rule
08-01-2011, 10:30 AM
While not illegal it is tacky to say the least. the people who protect the life of the VP have to pay for the privilage?

The U.S. Secret Service does more than protect Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. — the agency also pays him rent.

Since April, Mr. Biden has collected more than $13,000 from the agency charged with protecting him and his family for use of a rental cottage adjacent to the waterfront home he owns in a Wilmington, Del., suburb.

Mr. Biden, listed not as vice president in federal purchasing documents but as a “vendor,” is eligible for up to $66,000 by the time the government contract expires in the fall of 2013, the records show

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/31/biden-charging-secret-service-cottage-rental/

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 10:54 AM
This is a non-story.

Biden owns the property the SS is occupying. If it was owned by some 3rd party, should the SS just take over the cottage, exclude the owner without paying rent?

Would YOU give up $2200/mo in rent?

red states rule
08-01-2011, 10:56 AM
This is a non-story.

Biden owns the property the SS is occupying. If it was owned by some 3rd party, should the SS just take over the cottage, exclude the owner without paying rent?

Would YOU give up $2200/mo in rent?

Then the Secret Service should send Lunch Bucket Joe a bill for security services

That by sheer coincidence would equal the rent the cheap bastard is charging the people to protect his life

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Then the Secret Service should send Lunch Bucket Joe a bill for security services

That by sheer coincidence would equal the rent the cheap bastard is charging the people to protect his life

Then do that for every POTUS and VPOTUS henceforth. But it's a dumb idea, frankly. Again, would you in all of your RW virtue give up the HIGH PRINCIPLE of free markets if YOU were in the VP's position? NO.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Then do that for every POTUS and VPOTUS henceforth. But it's a dumb idea, frankly. Again, would you in all of your RW virtue give up the HIGH PRINCIPLE of free markets if YOU were in the VP's position? NO.

and I wonder if you be so "understanding" if this would have been VP Cheney?

Given the US taxpayers pay most of Biden's expenses, now the taxpayers are paying the rent for the Secret Service agents to protect him?

and he gets $200,000 a year to be what?

Thunderknuckles
08-01-2011, 11:35 AM
The Secret Service is going to have to pay rent to house them nearby anyway. I don't see the issue in terms of tax dollars.
All you have here is something that looks bad PR wise, which Joe could have easily avoided by not getting his personal property involved.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 11:51 AM
The Secret Service is going to have to pay rent to house them nearby anyway. I don't see the issue in terms of tax dollars.
All you have here is something that looks bad PR wise, which Joe could have easily avoided by not getting his personal property involved.

Yea what the hell? Taxpayers already foor the bil for his health care, travel, some of his food, utilities - so whats an extra couple of thousand added on?

Given a $1.7 trillion dolar annual defcit that money is smaller than a drop in the bucket right?

Gaffer
08-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Sounds like it's just an extra unused house on his property which he could have donated as a temporary house for the SS. Could have even been a tax write off. Instead he chose to profit from it.

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
and I wonder if you be so "understanding" if this would have been VP Cheney?

Given the US taxpayers pay most of Biden's expenses, now the taxpayers are paying the rent for the Secret Service agents to protect him?

and he gets $200,000 a year to be what?

Again, non issue. Even with Cheney.

Do you want all ex-Presidents to pay for their SS protection since they are no longer in office. Seriously, stop whinging and focus on a real issue.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Sounds like it's just an extra unused house on his property which he could have donated as a temporary house for the SS. Could have even been a tax write off. Instead he chose to profit from it.

How long has Biden been sucking the taxpayers money out of their pocket for his personal gain? I guess it is common as breathing for him Gaffer

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Fucking Capitalist!!! I mean, I agree.

I also think that all soldiers should donate their services for free. Think about it. You get free guns, free housing, and you get to play a real shooter game! What's not to love and donate for free?

Thunderknuckles
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Yea what the hell? Taxpayers already foor the bil for his health care, travel, some of his food, utilities - so whats an extra couple of thousand added on?

Given a $1.7 trillion dolar annual defcit that money is smaller than a drop in the bucket right?
There is no money added on. Imagine for a moment that Joe didn't have a rental property nearby. The SS would still be stationed close and paying rent to someone. It just happens to be the same guy they are tasked with protecting. If anything, I suspect the SS wanted Joe's cottage because of it's vicinity. Joe could have said no and forced the SS to take shelter elsewhere, probably at a higher cost, in which case the story would have been "A-hole Joe costing taxpayers thousands by refusing to rent out his cottage to the Secret Service for his own safety".

red states rule
08-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I also think that all soldiers should donate their services for free. Think about it. You get free guns, free housing, and you get to play a real shooter game! What's not to love and donate for free?

Biden must have learned baout this from the Clintons. They also charged the taxpayers for the privilage to protect them

I wonder if Joe charged his Mom rent when she lived in the cottage?

red states rule
08-01-2011, 12:05 PM
There is no money added on. Imagine for a moment that Joe didn't have a rental property nearby. The SS would still be stationed close and paying rent to someone. It just happens to be the same guy they are tasked with protecting. If anything, I suspect the SS wanted Joe's cottage because of it's vicinity. Joe could have said no and forced the SS to take shelter elsewhere, probably at a higher cost, in which case the story would have been "A-hole Joe costing taxpayers thousands by refusing to rent out his cottage to the Secret Service for his own safety".

Sounds like the spin on the debt bill. We saved you money - you be thanking us

Again, this is not illegal but is is damn tacky and very telling about the lack of character of Joe Biden

Thunderknuckles
08-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Sounds like the spin on the debt bill. We saved you money - you be thanking us

Again, this is not illegal but is is damn tacky and very telling about the lack of character of Joe Biden
I agree with you that it is tacky.

Gaffer
08-01-2011, 12:12 PM

They are donating years of their lives for something they consider important. Jokin joe is just looking for his profit. There's a big difference between soldiers and politicians. Bad analogy, might want to try something different.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
They are donating years of their lives for something they consider important. Jokin joe is just looking for his profit. There's a big difference between soldiers and politicians. Bad analogy, might want to try something different.

Just a thought but the VP has an official residence in DC. So if chooses to live somewhere else why should the taxpayers foot the bill for this "rent"?

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Assuming you were in the military from your labels (AF, Army), you seem a little pumped on yourself. Lots of folks served in govt. I was in the EPA and could've made twice the dollars at a contractor. I made the choice. Politicians also served the public and most of them could leave and make lots more money. Sure, military members in combat risk more, but they chose that risk. Isn't that what life is about?

Joking Joe is doing what everyone else in the USA does. You just don't like his politics so you get your panties all twisted up. Get over it.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Assuming you were in the military from your labels (AF, Army), you seem a little pumped on yourself. Lots of folks served in govt. I was in the EPA and could've made twice the dollars at a contractor. I made the choice. Politicians also served the public and most of them could leave and make lots more money. Sure, military members in combat risk more, but they chose that risk. Isn't that what life is about?

Joking Joe is doing what everyone else in the USA does. You just don't like his politics so you get your panties all twisted up. Get over it.

Biden is a Democrat so you agree he is ENTITLED to more taxpayer money?

fj1200
08-01-2011, 12:54 PM

No, he's Veep. We pay for his protection.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 12:55 PM
No, he's Veep. We pay for his protection.

As I posted before:

Just a thought but the VP has an official residence in DC. So if chooses to live somewhere else why should the taxpayers foot the bill for this "rent"?

fj1200
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
As I posted before:

So you'd rather he take a vacation and have the SS rent the condo next door? If he goes home to his private residence they have to stay at a hotel?

Jimmy Carter came to our church with 6? SS; you want to up their logistics problems just so you can feel better about a rent payment?

red states rule
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
So you'd rather he take a vacation and have the SS rent the condo next door? If he goes home to his private residence they have to stay at a hotel?

Jimmy Carter came to our church with 6? SS; you want to up their logistics problems just so you can feel better about a rent payment?

We are not talking about a vacation or going to Church. We are talking about where he lives. If he chooses not to live in the offical residence, the TAXPAYERS should not pay "rent"

Biden is a clueless Dem who sees nothing wrong with sticking it to the taxpayers once again.

If the VP's last mane was Palin the Dems would be calling for Congressional hearings, and the NY Times would ahve a team of reporters picking thru the trash trying to find rent recepits to run on the front page calling for her impeachment

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 01:13 PM

If you want to be purposefully obtuse, that's your choice.

But angry must be an awful way to go through life.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 01:17 PM
If you want to be purposefully obtuse, that's your choice.

But angry must be an awful way to go through life.

Not obtuse, you are ducking the issue here. We have a Dem bleeding the US taxpayer for more money and you do not seem to give a damn

Not angry - just fed up with being taken to the cleaners by ruling class liberal

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
We are not talking about a vacation or going to Church. We are talking about where he lives. If he chooses not to live in the offical residence, the TAXPAYERS should not pay "rent"

Biden is a clueless Dem who sees nothing wrong with sticking it to the taxpayers once again.

If the VP's last mane was Palin the Dems would be calling for Congressional hearings, and the NY Times would ahve a team of reporters picking thru the trash trying to find rent recepits to run on the front page calling for her impeachment

IIRC, military service members get stipends if the CHOOSE to live off base even if they could live on a base. Damn those leechlike bastards!!!

Really, you need to come up with a legitimate argument other than just being a hateful idiot.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
IIRC, military service members get stipends if the CHOOSE to live off base even if they could live on a base. Damn those leechlike bastards!!!

Really, you need to come up with a legitimate argument other than just being a hateful idiot.

You are turing out to be a bigger troll then JT You comparing Joe Biden to the members of the military that put their asses on the line?

Try hiring somebody guards son, and then give them a bill for the privilige of protecting you and see what happens

Again, you do seem to care the taxpayers are footing the bill for this while the country is going broke - but Joe gets richer at our expense

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
You are turing out to be a bigger troll then JT You comparing Joe Biden to the members of the military that put their asses on the line?

You're turning out to be a complete shithead but that's beside the point. As I said, people make their choices on what they want to do and why. Or does that only apply to a free market? Well guess what, a soldier could've done something else. It wouldn't make them any worse or better. They just make a choice.

But I really don't see shy Biden shouldn't collect rent if military members get an off base housing allowance. If you can make a rational distinction other than you hate Biden and dems, I like to see it.

fj1200
08-01-2011, 01:30 PM
This whole thread is mostly troll.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 01:30 PM
As I said, people make their choices on why they want to do and why. Or does that only apply to a free market?

Once again, an any attempt at moral decency completely goes over the head of liberals on this board

I said what Biden is doing is not illegal, but it is tacky and robbery of the already over taxed taxpayer

Gaffer
08-01-2011, 02:12 PM
You're turning out to be a complete shithead but that's beside the point. As I said, people make their choices on what they want to do and why. Or does that only apply to a free market? Well guess what, a soldier could've done something else. It wouldn't make them any worse or better. They just make a choice.

But I really don't see shy Biden shouldn't collect rent if military members get an off base housing allowance. If you can make a rational distinction other than you hate Biden and dems, I like to see it.

As I said before, using the military is a bad analogy. biden shouldn't collect rent, because those people are there as his security, not because they want to be there.

There is probably some clause in the SS regulations that requires them to pay rent on the house no matter who owns it. So jokin joe gets to legally double dip and make a profit.

Most politicians are not there to represent the people of their district. They are there to make money through manipulating laws and regulations and increase their and others wealth. They all have their fingers in many pies. Show me a poor (monetarily) politician.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 02:17 PM
As I said before, using the military is a bad analogy. biden shouldn't collect rent, because those people are there as his security, not because they want to be there.

There is probably some clause in the SS regulations that requires them to pay rent on the house no matter who owns it. So jokin joe gets to legally double dip and make a profit.

Most politicians are not there to represent the people of their district. They are there to make money through manipulating laws and regulations and increase their and others wealth. They all have their fingers in many pies. Show me a poor (monetarily) politician.

Gaffer since all we ever heree from libs is the "rich do not need their money; and they do not need those corporate jets" isn't it fair to say Biden does not need the rent money and does not need that cottage?

He should give back all the money and stop sucking the taxpayers dry

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 02:17 PM

I disagree. Serving your country in the military or serving it 24/7 as VP? Both give up a lot for the nation.

And if your view of politicians is cynical beyond rational. I could say the same thing about kids who go into the military who don't have many (if any) other options. Not many enlistees are pure patriot. You paint with too broad a brush.

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Gaffer since all we ever heree from libs is the "rich do not need their money; and they do not need those corporate jets" isn't it fair to say Biden does not need the rent money and does not need that cottage?

He should give back all the money and stop sucking the taxpayers dry

That's quite the circle jerk you have going there with Gaffer. :thumb:

red states rule
08-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I disagree. Serving your country in the military or serving it 24/7 as VP? Both give up a lot for the nation.

And if your view of politicians is cynical beyond rational. I could say the same thing about kids who go into the military who don't have many (if any) other options. Not many enlistees are pure patriot. You paint with too broad a brush.

Yea, Biden lives in tents, wears body armor in 110 degree heat, sleeps in mud when he has to, ducks sniper fire, watches his buddies blown up by an bomb, and gets paid a about 800 bucks a month for doing it

red states rule
08-01-2011, 02:21 PM
That's quite the circle jerk you have going there with Gaffer. :thumb:

and YOU said I do not debate on another thread?

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 02:34 PM
and YOU said I do not debate on another thread?

Giving an "atta boy" to Gaffer isn't really debating

red states rule
08-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Giving an "atta boy" to Gaffer isn't really debating

No "atta boy" when I use the liberals talking points against them. I understand you don't like it, and it is clear you can't (or won't) respond to it

Gaffer
08-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Nope. jokin joe has never given up anything. He's a politician because it profits him to be one. And that applies to most politicians. Yes it's a broad brush, more like an 24 inch roller. I say most because I realize there are always exceptions. Not all enlistees are patriots, some have ulterior motives. They do at least have a choice now days with a lot of career options.

I have a very cynical outlook of politicians, even those I support. I'm always looking at whose behind them and what is that other hand doing. And of course, what's in it for them.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Nope. jokin joe has never given up anything. He's a politician because it profits him to be one. And that applies to most politicians. Yes it's a broad brush, more like an 24 inch roller. I say most because I realize there are always exceptions. Not all enlistees are patriots, some have ulterior motives. They do at least have a choice now days with a lot of career options.

I have a very cynical outlook of politicians, even those I support. I'm always looking at whose behind them and what is that other hand doing. And of course, what's in it for them.

Well said Gaffer. Also what happened to that "shared sacrifice" Demshave been calling for? As usual, that onle pllies to us and not libs like Biden. He can't give up that "rent" money and help out the taxpayers. What a hypocrite.

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Well said Gaffer. Also what happened to that "shared sacrifice" Demshave been calling for? As usual, that onle pllies to us and not libs like Biden. He can't give up that "rent" money and help out the taxpayers. What a hypocrite.

You disparage the guy in politics but you do not know the beast. They are no different than the guy/girl that joins the military. When I was at the EPA I met an enormous number of Ivy Leaguers that gave up income to work in policy positions at the US EPA. Do you know how much income they gave up by doing that right out of the gate? HUGE AMOUNTS. More than you guys would see in decade. They weren't sacrificing for their country while making far less than they could in the private sector?

The folks that are politicians are no different. They could make huge $$$ in the private sector but instead they stay in govt. Some hate them. Some love them. Some shoot and kill them.

The kids who join the military assess their chances in college, the job place, the military and make their choice. Some pick training that will guarantee they aren't in combat. Some choose positions that will virtually guarantee seeing bullets come their way.

I'm sorry if I don't genuflect at ALL military servicefolks. As at the EPA, I've met some that are great and some that are complete idiots. But neither group deserves being raised to a position of honor just because they can lable themselves in a certain group.

Gaffer
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM

I get tired of the hate the rich crap the dems keep throwing out there. Especially when the dem elite are just as rich as the repub elite. I'll save my hate for the aristocrats that control washington, the new nobility, the career politicians. The rich won't pay more taxes, they will just move their money offshore. The ones that will pay more are the not rich. The poor, that don't pay taxes, will pay more for necessities which is the way you increase taxes on the poor.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 03:24 PM
You disparage the guy in politics but you do not know the beast. They are no different than the guy/girl that joins the military. When I was at the EPA I met an enormous number of Ivy Leaguers that gave up income to work in policy positions at the US EPA. Do you know how much income they gave up by doing that right out of the gate? HUGE AMOUNTS. More than you guys would see in decade. They weren't sacrificing for their country while making far less than they could in the private sector?

The folks that are politicians are no different. They could make huge $$$ in the private sector but instead they stay in govt. Some hate them. Some love them. Some shoot and kill them.

The kids who join the military assess their chances in college, the job place, the military and make their choice. Some pick training that will guarantee they aren't in combat. Some choose positions that will virtually guarantee seeing bullets come their way.

I'm sorry if I don't genuflect at ALL military servicefolks. As at the EPA, I've met some that are great and some that are complete idiots. But neither group deserves being raised to a position of honor just because they can lable themselves in a certain group.

As I posted before

Yea, Biden lives in tents, wears body armor in 110 degree heat, sleeps in mud when he has to, ducks sniper fire, watches his buddies blown up by an bomb, and gets paid a about 800 bucks a month for doing it

Like John Kerry you must think those who join the military are uneducated and end up in Iraq
Spoken like a true liberal

red states rule
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I get tired of the hate the rich crap the dems keep throwing out there. Especially when the dem elite are just as rich as the repub elite. I'll save my hate for the aristocrats that control washington, the new nobility, the career politicians. The rich won't pay more taxes, they will just move their money offshore. The ones that will pay more are the not rich. The poor, that don't pay taxes, will pay more for necessities which is the way you increase taxes on the poor.

When you look at tax happy states like NY, CA, and MD the rich are fleeing and quess what? The state budgets are still in the red.

You tax the rich you will lose the rich

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
As I posted before

Like John Kerry you must think those who join the military are uneducated and end up in Iraq
Spoken like a true liberal

So you think a kid with a gun is equivalent to the guy who is 2nd in command to run the nation? Is that kid also equivalent to the President? Would you vote to increase taxes so that all three were paid the same? That's what you're saying. Senators and Representives get the same pay, too? How far are you willing to take your stupid "hero" equivalency?

red states rule
08-01-2011, 03:38 PM
So you think a kid with a gun is equivalent to the guy who is 2nd in command to run the nation? Is that kid also equivalent to the President? Would you vote to increase taxes so that all three were paid the same? That's what you're saying. Senators and Representives get the same pay, too? How far are you willing to take your stupid "hero" equivalency?

Considering those "kids" help keep your sorry liberal ass safe, YOU should be the one thanking them. I already have many times.

Biden could not keep up with one of those "kids" for a hour let alone do what they do in an average day

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Considering those "kids" help keep your sorry liberal ass safe, YOU should be the one thanking them. I already have many times.

Biden could not keep up with one of those "kids" for a hour let alone do what they do in an average day

You are such a man of the people. I know it's not a popular thought in the vacuous RW world you live, but did you ever consider that the VP helps to defend this country, too? You brought up Dick Cheney, a man whose policies I a abhor (look up that word), but I had no problem with the SS giving him daily protection without charging him a fee.

Nor did I think the SS should charge Lil' Bush for all the travel and protection they had to give him when he went back to Texas to his Ranch. Whatever yiou think, Republican or Democrats or whatever, these folks serve their nation 24/7. They deserve protection.

red states rule
08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
You are such a man of the people. I know it's not a popular thought in the vacuous RW world you live, but did you ever consider that the VP helps to defend this country, too? You brought up Dick Cheney, a man whose policies I a abhor (look up that word), but I had no problem with the SS giving him daily protection without charging him a fee.

Nor did I think the SS should charge Lil' Bush for all the travel and protection they had to give him when he went back to Texas to his Ranch. Whatever yiou think, Republican or Democrats or whatever, these folks serve their nation 24/7. They deserve protection.

Again, the Secret Service is not "giving" Biden protection. Biden is charging them (i.e.the taxpayers) for the privilege to stay on his property at his second home

It is not like Biden needs the money, and as I asked, where is his shared sacrifice?

Yes Biden is entitiled to the protection - I never questioned that

and Biden does not come close to what the members of the military contribute. If you think he does then you are living in the usual liberal Fantasy Land

KartRacerBoy
08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Again, the Secret Service is not "giving" Biden protection. Biden is charging them (i.e.the taxpayers) for the privilege to stay on his property at his second home

It is not like Biden needs the money, and as I asked, where is his shared sacrifice?

Yes Biden is entitiled to the protection - I never questioned that

and Biden does not come close to what the members of the military contribute. If you think he does then you are living in the usual liberal Fantasy Land

I have learned a lot in this thread. The best lesson is to never to respond to your posts since you don't have any logic in your brain. You just hate Democrats and if you can't find a rational reason to criticize them, you spend your tiime making up reasons.

Whatever. Have you ever noticed that you and JT start the same number of threads? You're the same kind of troll JT is! Isn't that an enviable goal?!?

And I'm sure the kitchen staff in the military are just as valuable as the VP or POTUS, no matter who they are? You are such a complete sack of catshit. So much bias that IF you have any brains, they are completely offset by your thought process.

red states rule
08-02-2011, 03:33 AM
I have learned a lot in this thread. The best lesson is to never to respond to your posts since you don't have any logic in your brain. You just hate Democrats and if you can't find a rational reason to criticize them, you spend your tiime making up reasons.

Whatever. Have you ever noticed that you and JT start the same number of threads? You're the same kind of troll JT is! Isn't that an enviable goal?!?

And I'm sure the kitchen staff in the military are just as valuable as the VP or POTUS, no matter who they are? You are such a complete sack of catshit. So much bias that IF you have any brains, they are completely offset by your thought process.

and I have learned any attempt to save the taxpayers some money is lost of Spendacrats like you

Keep up the personal attacks, it is what you do best

Gaffer
08-02-2011, 09:40 AM

First of all, he's not a kid with a gun, he's a man with a gun. Many of those SS agents working the protection of the VP were probably military as well. Anyone of which is a better man than biden. jokin joe is a buffoon who I despise much more than you despise Chaney.

I would not vote to increase taxes for anything. I would vote to reduce the salaries of those so called leaders to the level the "kid with a gun" gets. Senators and representatives need their salaries reduced as well. We all have to share in the sacrifice, right? Term limits wouldn't hurt either.

TEA

KartRacerBoy
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
First of all, he's not a kid with a gun, he's a man with a gun. Many of those SS agents working the protection of the VP were probably military as well. Anyone of which is a better man than biden. jokin joe is a buffoon who I despise much more than you despise Chaney.

I would not vote to increase taxes for anything. I would vote to reduce the salaries of those so called leaders to the level the "kid with a gun" gets. Senators and representatives need their salaries reduced as well. We all have to share in the sacrifice, right? Term limits wouldn't hurt either.

TEA

The long term politicians don't get rich unelss they start out rich. Cut their salaries? These people that you seem to despise maintain two homes in DC and their home district and have to travel every week back and forth. It isn't cheap.

Personally, I also think the folks in the military are underpaid. I'd vote to increase taxes if there was some way to assure the money would actually be put to military salaries. I don't hate or even dislike the military. But the "hero" crap is just that. Some are and some are not.

But back OT, I'm just glad our democracy is smart enough to protect their leaders. Whether it's GWB flying to his ranch every week and making America pay for Air Force One costs or Joe Biden choosing to live in his home. I bet GWB's trips back and forth to the ranch cost a hell of a lot more. But I don't care becz the President and VP are doing their jobs 24/7/365.

jimnyc
08-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I read this yesterday on a news site. I don't think it's really that big of a deal, but does little to change the perception many people already have of Biden. He doesn't need the money he gets from them to survive, but he may not survive had it not been for them protecting him. If it were me, I just don't think I could charge them. But I know this is politics and the SS has been protecting all of our leaders for quite some time, and doing the same with Biden. So I don't think he did anything wrong, but I think he could have made a "more right" decision.

jimnyc
08-02-2011, 12:38 PM
The long term politicians don't get rich unelss they start out rich. Cut their salaries?

Do you know how much some of these "long term politicians" make, even some who weren't necessarily rich when they got into politics? Senators get paid somewhere just north of $160k I believe, AND get some great perks and benefit. Add that up for some of them that have been there for years and years and years. Handle your money properly and you'll be in the "rich" bracket REAL quick.

KartRacerBoy
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
JimmyC, reread my post. These guys also have huge expenses just in doing their job representing people. I've also lived in DC. 160k might let you live comfortably IF you didn't have to maintain two homes in different parts of the country AND travel between them EVERY week.

Certainly there are those that dream of being a US Congressman or Senator for a couple of terms and then parlaying it into some nice lobbyist pay, but even they aren't "getting rich" while in office.

jimnyc
08-02-2011, 01:01 PM
JimmyC, reread my post. These guys also have huge expenses just in doing their job representing people. I've also lived in DC. 160k might let you live comfortably IF you didn't have to maintain two homes in different parts of the country AND travel between them EVERY week.

Certainly there are those that dream of being a US Congressman or Senator for a couple of terms and then parlaying it into some nice lobbyist pay, but even they aren't "getting rich" while in office.

I'll agree with most of that. But even with paying maintenance and other crap, they still aren't hurting, and would be considered rich by MANY. In fact, cut their salaries in half and they would still be richer than the majority of the nation.

KartRacerBoy
08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll agree with most of that. But even with paying maintenance and other crap, they still aren't hurting, and would be considered rich by MANY. In fact, cut their salaries in half and they would still be richer than the majority of the nation.

You are quite right.

J.T
08-02-2011, 01:09 PM
How about they just live in Biden's home with him?

It might be legal, but it raises serious questions about Biden's ethics that he demands compensation for having these guys keep his ass safe.

J.T
08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Again, non issue. Even with Cheney.

Do you want all ex-Presidents to pay for their SS protection since they are no longer in office. Seriously, stop whinging and focus on a real issue.

I'm up for not giving them SS protection after they leave office. Maybe for a year, but why any later?

J.T
08-02-2011, 01:20 PM
They are donating years of their lives for something they consider important.

Donating? They don't get paid?

J.T
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Considering those "kids" help keep your sorry liberal ass safe

How are they keeping us safe by fighting bin Laden's war for him?

J.T
08-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Yes, all of which they pay out-of-pocket :laugh:

red states rule
08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I read this yesterday on a news site. I don't think it's really that big of a deal, but does little to change the perception many people already have of Biden. He doesn't need the money he gets from them to survive, but he may not survive had it not been for them protecting him. If it were me, I just don't think I could charge them. But I know this is politics and the SS has been protecting all of our leaders for quite some time, and doing the same with Biden. So I don't think he did anything wrong, but I think he could have made a "more right" decision.

Finally, someone gets it!

Of course there are some people Jim who feel Biden is ENTITLED to milk the taxpayers for all he can get

red states rule
08-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Damn, I guess they don't think they have to economize like the rest of have to. Share a place with some of other Congressmen/Senators. Don't live in the high rent area. Brown bag your lunch and eat in for dinner

I guess those things never occur to them Jim

Gaffer
08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Damn, I guess they don't think they have to economize like the rest of have to. Share a place with some of other Congressmen/Senators. Don't live in the high rent area. Brown bag your lunch and eat in for dinner

I guess those things never occur to them Jim

Exactly. There is what you need to have and what you want to have. The needs should be met with the govt salary, the wants should come out of their pockets.

Gaffer
08-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Donating? They don't get paid?

They are giving a portion of their lives to serve the country, maybe even their life. It's a concept a child like you couldn't understand. Maybe when your older it will sink in.

LuvRPgrl
08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
, but did you ever consider that the VP helps to defend this country, too? .

No he doesnt

LuvRPgrl
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
The long term politicians don't get rich unelss they start out rich. Cut their salaries? These people that you seem to despise maintain two homes in DC and their home district and have to travel every week back and forth. It isn't cheap.

24/7/365.

I think most of us would LOVE to have that BURDEN, imagine, owning two homes while millions of others are getting kicked our of theirs

BECAUSE CONGRESS DIDNT DO THEIR JOB

ConHog
08-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I think most of us would LOVE to have that BURDEN, imagine, owning two homes while millions of others are getting kicked our of theirs

BECAUSE CONGRESS DIDNT DO THEIR JOB

'Is there ANY issue that KartBoy is NOT on the wrong side about?

LuvRPgrl
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Y

If the guys in the military were using a SECOND home off base, they should donate usage of the home , if the people staying in the home were serving the enlisted military person. Like, going to his house and cleaning, washing his car, doing yard work.

But the thing is, )Pres and VP are calling for people to make sacrafices, and small businesses to pay more in taxes. So, they should lead by example and make some sacrafices themselves;.

Washington refused his pay during his tenure, BECAUSE HE HONESTLY ANDD SINCERELY WAS SERVING THE PUBLIC

Your notion that policitians are doing so to serve their country is ludicrous. They get alot of fringe benefits and opportunities opened to them

My son is at camp pendelton, he does maintence of big trucks. Is that going to open a door for him to make hundreds of thousands of dollars? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ConHog
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
If the guys in the military were using a SECOND home off base, they should donate usage of the home , if the people staying in the home were serving the enlisted military person. Like, going to his house and cleaning, washing his car, doing yard work.

But the thing is, )Pres and VP are calling for people to make sacrafices, and small businesses to pay more in taxes. So, they should lead by example and make some sacrafices themselves;.

Washington refused his pay during his tenure, BECAUSE HE HONESTLY ANDD SINCERELY WAS SERVING THE PUBLIC

Your notion that policitians are doing so to serve their country is ludicrous. They get alot of fringe benefits and opportunities opened to them

My son is at camp pendelton, he does maintence of big trucks. Is that going to open a door for him to make hundreds of thousands of dollars? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Isn't it funny that we see the President of Ford Motor Company being a REAL leader in this mess and voluntarily cutting his salary to $1 a year while his company struggles stating that he has enough to make it work while we we have FAKE leaders spending MORE money than in the past all the while telling US that we need to cut back?

KartRacerBoy
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I truly wonder when you guys that hate Biden so much for doing that anyone of you would do are going to join a militia and go all Timothy McVeigh on your country. You are all batshitcrazy.

Gaffer
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I truly wonder when you guys that hate Biden so much for doing that anyone of you would do are going to join a militia and go all Timothy McVeigh on your country. You are all batshitcrazy.

Were you in a hurry when typing that?

McVeigh was a coward who killed lots of innocent people. Nothing militia about him. We all know the batshitcrazies are on the left. We had eight years of Chaney and Halliburton, but don't talk bad about the buffoon in the VP slot now?

ConHog
08-03-2011, 03:52 PM

I have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with you personally that you feel the need to compare people who don't like what our current "leaders" are doing to some stupid fucking terrorist.

Are you mentally defective? If so , I apologize for picking on you. If not, I apologize to the mentally ill for comparing them to you.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM

What is it with you liberals that ANY criticism of ANY Democrat is called hate? It is very funny after listening and watching what libs said about Pres Bush for 8 years

I thought disent was patriotic? Or that come to a sudden halt at 12:01PM on January 20, 2009 and change to dissent is hate?

red states rule
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with you personally that you feel the need to compare people who don't like what our current "leaders" are doing to some stupid fucking terrorist.

Are you mentally defective? If so , I apologize for picking on you. If not, I apologize to the mentally ill for comparing them to you.

It is called spinning faster than a Maytag washer

ConHog
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
It is called spinning faster than a Maytag washer

No sir, it's called being a fucking idiot who I personally wish had no voice in our government. That is EXACTLY why we are in the mess we are in. Idiots on BOTH sides who want to spend more time attacking the other side then actually doing the work of the people have gained too much influence in our government.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
No sir, it's called being a fucking idiot who I personally wish had no voice in our government. That is EXACTLY why we are in the mess we are in. Idiots on BOTH sides who want to spend more time attacking the other side then actually doing the work of the people have gained too much influence in our government.

With liberals like him, anyone who dares to utter a different POV gets a dose of liberal civility. They are unable to counter facts, and in their world facts are an enemy and truth is a menace

This is how they debate, and their goal is too try and shout down their opponents and try to shame them into silence

ConHog
08-03-2011, 04:03 PM
With liberals like him, anyone who dares to utter a different POV gets a dose of liberal civility. They are unable to counter facts, and in their world facts are an enemy and truth is a menace

This is how they debate, and their goal is too try and shout down their opponents and try to shame them into silence

Of course it is, that's all they have. Like the moronic "You're a racist, that's the only reason you don't like Obama" mantra or the equally ridiculous "you're a homophobe, that's why you won't just let us shove our agenda down your throat"

I'm tired of their stupid little games.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Of course it is, that's all they have. Like the moronic "You're a racist, that's the only reason you don't like Obama" mantra or the equally ridiculous "you're a homophobe, that's why you won't just let us shove our agenda down your throat"

I'm tired of their stupid little games.

and here is a great example of liberal double standards. You have Rachel Madow whining to another liberal (like Kart) about the "hate" being shown Pres Obama.

As you hear the whining, the video is that of liberals showing their civility towrd Pres Bush. I doubt if Kart has the balls to watch the video, let alone address the hypocrisy

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oQ7r5ivupTU" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

LuvRPgrl
08-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Wow, so I think it wouild be a stand up thing for Biden to not take some rent money, and suddenly Im a terrorist????
TALK ABOUT BATSTIRCRAZY

KartRacerBoy
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow, so I think it wouild be a stand up thing for Biden to not take some rent money, and suddenly Im a terrorist????
TALK ABOUT BATSTIRCRAZY

No. You're not a terrorist, but if a non-issue likes this turns you into a raving lunatic, imagine how you might react to a real political issue that you disagree with. Don't worry, though. I bet the NSA already has you, Jiimmyc, Gunny, et al on a watch list via their electronic monitoring enabled through the ironically named "Patriot Act."

red states rule
08-04-2011, 02:53 AM
No. You're not a terrorist, but if a non-issue likes this turns you into a raving lunatic, imagine how you might react to a real political issue that you disagree with. Don't worry, though. I bet the NSA already has you, Jiimmyc, Gunny, et al on a watch list via their electronic monitoring enabled through the ironically named "Patriot Act."

We would be in good company considering Janet Napolitano called returning vets from Iraq terrorists

and speaking of raving lunatics

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NJxmpTMGhU0" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

You do have the liberal civility down pat son