PDA

View Full Version : Does This Deficit Make Me Look Fat?

red states rule
08-02-2011, 03:50 AM
This hits the nail on the head

It's the question that strikes terror into the heart of every new husband. His wife emerges from the bedroom and asks, "Does this dress make me look fat?"

Happily married men will tell the newbie husband this is not the time for honesty. Repeat the following phrase and commit it to memory: "You look great, honey." Then shut up. Don't go overboard and tell her she could be mistaken for a supermodel. She wants reassurance, but not outright baloney.

We humans can go for years believing we're plump, or chubby, or maybe could stand to lose a few. Then one day it happens. The evidence that we are actually fat smacks us right in the face. Sometimes it's an unfortunate photograph snapped from behind. Other times it's the truth straight from the lips of a preschooler, such as the time my son came running out of Library Story Hour and yelled, "Mommy! We have a new story lady and boy is she fat!"
Our capacity for self-delusion can be boundless. Deep down, we realize that we're kidding ourselves, and everyone we know realizes that we're kidding ourselves. But they all have their little fairy tales, too. It's a tacit agreement: "I won't tell you that dress is hideous if you won't tell me my haircut is ghastly."

Little white lies, spoken so feelings won't be hurt, are one of the foundations of a civil society. We baby-boomers ran around during the sixties and seventies blathering that the problem with everyone over 30 was that they just weren't honest. Now those same boomers say patently dishonest things like "Fifty is the new thirty!" Give me a break.
So after years of being literally fat, dumb, and happy, the unthinkable happens. A new neighbor or coworker says, "It's nice to meet you! When's the baby due?"

And you're not pregnant.

When people are faced with truth long denied, they can do one of two things: accept it and work to change the situation, or shoot the messenger.

In January 2011, the Tea Party came to Washington in the form of a Republican House of Representatives. They immediately started telling the truth:

America is drowning in debt.
The deficit is unsustainable.
Medicare is broke.
There is no Social Security trust fund.
The Obama stimulus was a trillion-dollar failure.
ObamaCare is a job-killing nightmare.
It's like the freshmen congressmen told the ruling-class elites, "You're fat!" The response from the president and his party was predictable and boring: the Tea Party wants to take away your health care and kill your grandmother, blah, blah, blah.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/08/does_this_deficit_make_me_look_fat.html

fj1200
08-02-2011, 07:19 AM
So you want the wife/electorate to slap the husband/Republicans, storm out of the room demanding a divorce where the husband/Republicans will end up sleeping on the couch and the wife/electorate will continue to blame the husband/Republicans who will continually have to beg to get back in the bed?

Gunny
08-02-2011, 07:32 AM
So you want the wife/electorate to slap the husband/Republicans, storm out of the room demanding a divorce where the husband/Republicans will end up sleeping on the couch and the wife/electorate will continue to blame the husband/Republicans who will continually have to beg to get back in the bed?

I'd say it's more like the Dems go out the door with the cat.

red states rule
08-02-2011, 03:57 PM
What the powers thast be are trying to sell is is like a fat man saying in his quest to lose weight he is no longer going to eat 10 doughnuts a day

He is going to eat only 7 per day

And in one year he will have an Adonis like body