PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing Something?

Gunny
08-02-2011, 06:47 AM
I've been on political message boards for years. One thing always boggles my mind ...

... WTF is WONG with some people?

We have people that support terrorists against people trying to defend themselves, and twisting the truth to support their BS accusations. We have people that support a group that defines itself by aberrant behavior. We have people that seem just Hell-bent on the failure of the US and the principles it was founded on. We have a legal system that is guaranteed to support the tyranny of the minority.

So why don't y'all move to those "wonderful" places you defend? And take the rest of your screwball enablers with you? Instead, you want to screw it up for normal people. Now let's see how long it takes the usual suspects to start playing dishonest word games ( I would use the term "semantics" but apparently I don't know even what that means according to the intellectually dishonest crowd).

Just sayin' ....

darin
08-02-2011, 07:25 AM
People have started being more-brave with their ignorance since the invention of the internets.

Gunny
08-02-2011, 07:29 AM
People have started being more-brave with their ignorance since the invention of the internets.

I think I liked it better when I had to wonder if they were stupid rather than having them open their mouths and prove it.:laugh:

fj1200
08-02-2011, 08:06 AM
I've been on political message boards for years. One thing always confuses me ...

... WhyTF can't people just live how I tell them to?

We have people that don't support my treating our enemies as subhuman, and twisting the truth to support their BS accusations. We have people that support a group that I define by their behavior. We have people that seem just Hell-bent on the failure of the US and my principles. We should have a legal system that allows the majority to tyrannize the minority based on my principles.

So why don't y'all move to those "wonderful" places you defend? And take the rest of your screwball enablers with you? Instead, you want to screw it up for the closed minded among us. Now let's see how long it takes the usual suspects to tell the truth about my dishonest word games ( I would use the term "semantics" but apparently I don't know even what that means according to the intellectually dishonest crowd).

Just sayin' ....

Fixed for accuracy.

WTF is WONG indeed.

CSM
08-02-2011, 08:06 AM
I suspect a lot of the antics we see on message boards can be attributed to the anonymity the internet provides. If we couple that with the level of maturity/immaturity of the poster we get some pretty asinine points of view. Lots of things that would be left unsaid (name calling and threats, in particular) in a face to face conversation are spouted in posts because there is no real physical confrontation involved. I also think that the lack of physical feed back (body language, etc) that we are used to using to gauge and regulate our speech when face to face is largely responsible for the lack of civility we see on message boards. Additionally, because posters generally do not know each other personally, there is a gross shortage of common courtesy in internet conversations.

I attribute some of the more extreme posts to the above. I also keep in mind that some folks are just plain crazy and message boards provide an outlet for their twisted logic.

J.T
08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
We have people that support terrorists against people trying to defend themselves

Are you finally admitting it now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jvXnPG9Xc
Are you calling for charges against those who carried out My Lai and those behind the PHOENIX Program?

We have people that support a group that defines itself by aberrant behavior.

You refer to the genital mutilation of children by Jews and their supporters?

We have people that seem just Hell-bent on the failure of the US and the principles it was founded on

To what principles, exactly, do you refer?

So why don't y'all move to those "wonderful" places you defend?
I agree. We should send all the Libertarians to Somalia.

( I would use the term "semantics" but apparently I don't know even what that means according to the intellectually dishonest crowd).

Here, let me help you- it's my moral duty, afterall.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/semantics

Gunny
08-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Fixed for accuracy.

WTF is WONG indeed.

*yawn* ... put worm on hook ... cast line .... guppies bite.

The same argument you are attempting to make applies BOTH ways. At least theoretically. We all know that's not how it's applied in reality.

fj1200
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
*yawn* ... put worm on hook ... cast line .... guppies bite.

The same argument you are attempting to make applies BOTH ways. At least theoretically. We all know that's not how it's applied in reality.

So why did you bother with such a stupid thread then? Nvm, I didn't mean to get in the way of your false premise bitch fest.

fj1200
08-02-2011, 11:38 AM
"Sarcasm" defense in 10... 9... 8...

KartRacerBoy
08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I've been on political message boards for years. One thing always boggles my mind ...

... WTF is WONG with some people?

We have people that support terrorists against people trying to defend themselves, and twisting the truth to support their BS accusations. We have people that support a group that defines itself by aberrant behavior. We have people that seem just Hell-bent on the failure of the US and the principles it was founded on. We have a legal system that is guaranteed to support the tyranny of the minority.

So why don't y'all move to those "wonderful" places you defend? And take the rest of your screwball enablers with you? Instead, you want to screw it up for normal people. Now let's see how long it takes the usual suspects to start playing dishonest word games ( I would use the term "semantics" but apparently I don't know even what that means according to the intellectually dishonest crowd).

Just sayin' ....

What you REALLY mean is, "Why do people disagree with me?" The answer is that folks disagre with you becz they think your ideas are WRONG. And you don't like to hear it and makes you cry.

I actually think they are doing you a favor. They let you vent on the internet rather than in person. It's always nice when the police aren't called.