PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Packs Amphitheater For Man Claiming He's Jesus Christ Reincarnated

-Cp
05-11-2007, 04:22 PM
hmmmm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A controversial religious figure who claims he is Jesus Christ incarnate with a following of millions with "666" tattoos on their bodies, filled an amphitheater in Orlando this weekend, and promised joy, peace and prosperity.

Orlando police officers stood guard around the Lake Eola amphitheater as Dr. Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda, 61, arrived in the city Saturday.

Miranda, who has been banned from three countries, told Local 6 News cameras and a cheering crowd that he was Jesus Christ reincarnated.

His followers believe that Miranda's life and his teachings replace those of Jesus of Nazareth, Local 6's Jamie Guirola said.

"They believe that Jesus is going to come from the sky," Juan Sanchez said. "But, that is not the way he is going to come."

"He is here?" Guirola said.

"He is here." Sanchez said.

Miranda said millions of people worldwide have tattooed their bodies with "666" in recognition that the second-coming of Christ has taken place, according to the report.

"I have it proudly on my hand," a believer told Local 6's Jamie Guirola. "It is easier when they shake my hand. It is easier for them to ask. I am very proud to show it is a sign of love."

A group of Christians protested the event, calling the following a cult. Police also removed two people from the amphitheater.

"We are just questioning their faith and their '666' tattoos," a protestor told Local 6. "We just want to learn more so we can relate more between being a Christian and believing in this and who the true Jesus is."

Miranda said he is known as God in at least 30 countries.

Local 6 reported that he was born in Puerto Rico and admits to being a recovering heroin addict. He also spent times in prison on drug and petty theft charges.

Miranda is the founder of the Miami-based Growing in Grace Ministry.

http://www.local6.com/news/13265407/detail.html

Dilloduck
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
hmmmm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A controversial religious figure who claims he is Jesus Christ incarnate with a following of millions with "666" tattoos on their bodies, filled an amphitheater in Orlando this weekend, and promised joy, peace and prosperity.

Orlando police officers stood guard around the Lake Eola amphitheater as Dr. Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda, 61, arrived in the city Saturday.

Miranda, who has been banned from three countries, told Local 6 News cameras and a cheering crowd that he was Jesus Christ reincarnated.

His followers believe that Miranda's life and his teachings replace those of Jesus of Nazareth, Local 6's Jamie Guirola said.

"They believe that Jesus is going to come from the sky," Juan Sanchez said. "But, that is not the way he is going to come."

"He is here?" Guirola said.

"He is here." Sanchez said.

Miranda said millions of people worldwide have tattooed their bodies with "666" in recognition that the second-coming of Christ has taken place, according to the report.

"I have it proudly on my hand," a believer told Local 6's Jamie Guirola. "It is easier when they shake my hand. It is easier for them to ask. I am very proud to show it is a sign of love."

A group of Christians protested the event, calling the following a cult. Police also removed two people from the amphitheater.

"We are just questioning their faith and their '666' tattoos," a protestor told Local 6. "We just want to learn more so we can relate more between being a Christian and believing in this and who the true Jesus is."

Miranda said he is known as God in at least 30 countries.

Local 6 reported that he was born in Puerto Rico and admits to being a recovering heroin addict. He also spent times in prison on drug and petty theft charges.

Miranda is the founder of the Miami-based Growing in Grace Ministry.

http://www.local6.com/news/13265407/detail.html

Well, he has a damn good following. Maybe he can convince em to do something nice.

diuretic
05-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Miranda is the founder of the Miami-based Growing in Wealth Ministry.

05-11-2007, 05:24 PM
a million people? i have a hard time believing that.

Dilloduck
05-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I gotta listen to this guy to hear what he tells em to do.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
"This is your brain on drugs..."

Dilloduck
05-11-2007, 05:28 PM
"This is your brain on drugs..."

Could he talk em all into building a big wall?

Mr. P
05-11-2007, 05:58 PM

I don't...Swagart, Falwell, Baker..all profiteers and fakes IMO. But they all had millions of followers. Then there was Nancy Fowler, she could talk to Mary ya know. She did it once a month right here in Conyers, Ga. Then told the massive crowd in 5-10 minutes what Mary had to say. Hundreds of tour buses from all over the country would clog the roads for 3 days per month. She made a lot of $$$ though.

Why can't people just commune with their God or higher power without a middleman? Geeeezzzz

Hagbard Celine
05-11-2007, 06:17 PM
What a coincidence, I'm Moses. I'm working up to the Red Sea, but right now I mainly just part women's legs.

05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
What a coincidence, I'm Moses. I'm working up to the Red Sea, but right now I mainly just part women's legs.

Prostitutes don't count:p

Pale Rider
05-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Give this charlatan a boat ride about 20 miles out into the Atlantic, and tell him to walk on water.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Give this charlatan a boat ride about 20 miles out into the Atlantic, and tell him to walk on water.

:laugh2: I think he'd prefer his water in a bong.

Gaffer
05-11-2007, 08:35 PM
So jesus returns as a pueto rican thief/drug addict. And his followers use the 666 sign to identify with him. This sounds more like a hollywierd comedy or a sitcom on pbs than a real cult.

krisy
05-11-2007, 09:20 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Almost spit my ice cream all over!!!!

Pale Rider
05-12-2007, 02:46 AM
No mention of him performing any miracules? Odd.... :uhoh:

Who ever these morons are that follow this grifter gotta be the dregs of society. The same type of moron that would have followed Charles Manson.

I find this personally very offensive. I'd like to kick this con man's ass.