PDA

View Full Version : Marriage....if you had it to do all over again would you?

chloe
08-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Here is my Guesstimate,

All the folks who have married one time and are still married will say YES they would do it all over again.

Folks who are currently in a 2nd marriage will say NO, or Hell NO

Divorced folks who have remained single for 10 years or more never plan to remarry EVER

and those who have been married 3 times whether currently married or not will say YEAH they would do it again (marriage-holics)

Well whats your situation and would you marry again ?

red states rule
08-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I was married for 15 years and diviorced in 1995.

I met my current GF about 5 1/2 years ago and when started dating we both said marriage was out fo the question

Well, as the old saying goes never say never

The "M" word is being tossed around - and I admit more by me then her. But she does want to live under the same roof and that is a major step for her. I would be happy with that

But first we have to live in the same town to get things going. We are about 4 hours apart right now

She is a gift from God and I cherish every moment I can spend with her

chloe
08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Why not just live together? Is marriage because of a religious belief?

J.T
08-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Define: marriage

Are we talking about a deep love and commitment between people? Are we talking about the recognition of a union by religious authorities? Are we talking about legal/tax status granted by the State?

red states rule
08-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Why not just live together? Is marriage because of a religious belief?

I would prefer to marry her, but I am cool with living together. I can understand her fear. She was mentally abused for about 25 years by her ex. She did all she could to try and make the marriage work

Plus she has the house, a steady business, and I understand why she would not want to go through another divorce. Bottom line, I will take her how ever I can get her

chloe
08-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Are we talking about a deep love and commitment between people? Are we talking about the recognition of a union by religious authorities? Are we talking about legal/tax status granted by the State?

The legal paper that entraps and obligates you.

chloe
08-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I would prefer to marry her, but I am cool with living together. I can understand her fear. She was mentally abused for about 25 years by her ex. She did all she could to try and make the marriage work

Plus she has the house, a steady business, and I understand why she would not want to go through another divorce. Bottom line, I will take her how ever I can get her

So marriage is kind of just an old fashioned tradition for you but not necassarily religious reasons for it, is that correct?

red states rule
08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
So marriage is kind of just an old fashioned tradition for you but not necassarily religious reasons for it, is that correct?

Yea, that pretty well sums it up

ConHog
08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Here is my Guesstimate,

All the folks who have married one time and are still married will say YES they would do it all over again.

Divorced folks who have remained single for 10 years or more never plan to remarry EVER

and those who have been married 3 times whether currently married or not will say YEAH they would do it again (marriage-holics)

I'm on my second marriage, was divorced 10 years when I met her. IF I was guaranteed to get the second wife again I would remarry her a thousand times. If I were guaranteed to get the first wife if I ever had sex one more time I'd become abstinent.

ConHog
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM

You just gotta try to make EVERY thread about the gays don't you?

J.T
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
You just gotta try to make EVERY thread about the gays don't you?

Where in that post are you mentioned? Seriously, don't you ever think of anything else? There are more important things in the world than your sexual deviancy.

ConHog
08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Where in that post are you mentioned? Seriously, don't you ever think of anything else? There are more important things in the world than your sexual deviancy.

Using gay as a slur again JB? Pathetic.

J.T
08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Using gay as a slur again JB? Pathetic.

:slap:

Do you think of anything other than homo sex?

Seriously, it's pathetic. You're like a sexually confused 14-year old boy who just discovered boys.

Why did you have to drag your faggotry into this thread, anyway?

red states rule
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
JT removed from thread

ConHog
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
JT removed from thread

That's pretty cool. I never seen that option before.

red states rule
08-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Mods can remove those who try to derail and disrupt threads

jimnyc
08-02-2011, 07:38 PM

Yep... It gives a layer extra to members before they get a full board ban. If it's obvious trolling of a thread or intentionally derailing, we can ban someone just from one thread. They'll get an error message if they even try to read the thread from that point forward. But they still have full board access outside of that thread.

jimnyc
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Oh my, there are so many negative things about marriage that I wouldn't even know where to start. Then there are negative things that are specific to my marriage. I find myself asking myself similar questions all the time. And no matter how much negativity I can possibly dwell on, I simply can't imagine my life without my wife in it. My eyeballs like to wander, and I like to flirt and I might even steal a quick squeeze on a drunken night (Ok, sue me, I'm a perv!). But my life is with my wife, even if she does want me dead at times. :coffee:

ConHog
08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh my, there are so many negative things about marriage that I wouldn't even know where to start. Then there are negative things that are specific to my marriage. I find myself asking myself similar questions all the time. And no matter how much negativity I can possibly dwell on, I simply can't imagine my life without my wife in it. My eyeballs like to wander, and I like to flirt and I might even steal a quick squeeze on a drunken night (Ok, sue me, I'm a perv!). But my life is with my wife, even if she does want me dead at times. :coffee:

Here is how awesome my wife is. Not only does she not mind that I notice other hot women, not as hot as her they don't exist, but she contributes to the comments. Going out somewhere and acting like the perverted couple trolling for some skank is fun. The reactions are priceless.

ConHog
08-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Yep... It gives a layer extra to members before they get a full board ban. If it's obvious trolling of a thread or intentionally derailing, we can ban someone just from one thread. They'll get an error message if they even try to read the thread from that point forward. But they still have full board access outside of that thread.

JT must see a LOT of errors :laugh2:

chloe
08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Personally, I would never marry again Shrug.

red states rule
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Here is how awesome my wife is. Not only does she not mind that I notice other hot women, not as hot as her they don't exist, but she contributes to the comments. Going out somewhere and acting like the perverted couple trolling for some skank is fun. The reactions are priceless.

Ditto

I tell my GF the same thing Billy Martin said when he was seen coming out of a strip bar

"My wife does not care where I get my appetite as long as I dine at home"

chloe
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
the honeymoon even began:laugh2:

red states rule
08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
the honeymoon even began:laugh2:

and will not be back for 7 days

ConHog
08-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Ditto

I tell my GF the same thing Billy Martin said when he was seen coming out of a strip bar

"My wife does not care where I get my appetite as long as I dine at home"

Same with my wife, hell I'm a man, of course I'm going to notice good looking women, even if they are inferior in beauty to her; but I'd NEVER ever cheat on her.

red states rule
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Same with my wife, hell I'm a man, of course I'm going to notice good looking women, even if they are inferior in beauty to her; but I'd NEVER ever cheat on her.

:clap::clap::clap:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ConHog again.

ConHog
08-02-2011, 08:21 PM
:clap::clap::clap:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ConHog again.

She'll notice men to. Heck, who cares? I know who she's going home with.

chloe
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Do you think she would marry again?

SassyLady
08-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Here is my Guesstimate,

I lived with first man for 17 years and never married him, lived alone for 8 years and then married and it lasted for 16 years. Will I marry again? Can't say ... there would have to be more compelling reasons than just love.

chloe
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I lived with first man for 17 years and never married him, lived alone for 8 years and then married and it lasted for 16 years. Will I marry again? Can't say ... there would have to be more compelling reasons than just love.

I view it as entrapment now:laugh2:

ConHog
08-02-2011, 11:55 PM
My current wife married me for the new car, the new house and the paid for law school. I married her for her incredible figure.

I WIN

SassyLady
08-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Looks like everyone had their priorities straight!

red states rule
08-03-2011, 02:53 AM
A wise man once said God gave man fire and man invented fire engines. Then God gave man love and man invented marriage

Thunderknuckles
08-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Put me down in that category, oh wise one :)

However, I'm not naive enough to think that will always be the case should I ever get a divorce (knock on wood).

ConHog
08-03-2011, 10:02 AM
On a somewhat related note. I did tell my current wife before we got married that I wouldn't go through another divorce. I might attend a funeral, but no divorce. :coffee:

Gunny
08-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Here is my Guesstimate,

:smoke:

chloe
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
:smoke:

give me a drag, marriage makes me nervous too buddy ! :cool:

ConHog
08-05-2011, 11:10 AM

I'd prolly make you my second wife :D

chloe
08-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I'd prolly make you my second wife :D

Ohh, I didn't know you were Mormon;)........does that mean you really do like the laura ingalls nerd look?

ConHog
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Ohh, I didn't know you were Mormon;)........does that mean you really do like the laura ingalls nerd look?

LOL I'm not Mormon, just willing to make an exception for you or Drew Barrymore!! And by the way my wife has actually agreed to allowing a second wife if Drew would say yes. So, it's not a matter of can I, it's merely a matter of, does my wife want her to? LOL

Gaffer
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Careful what you wish for CH, the heat index went sky high the same time Chloe was traveling through the central mid west. Could there be a correlation with her presence and the high heat? :coffee:

ConHog
08-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Careful what you wish for CH, the heat index went sky high the same time Chloe was traveling through the central mid west. Could there be a correlation with her presence and the high heat? :coffee:

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of Chloe's panties. Is that what you are telling me?

Gaffer
08-05-2011, 01:05 PM
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of Chloe's panties. Is that what you are telling me?

:laugh: Not what I was referring to.

hjmick
08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Yes. Both times. The first because of the wonderful daughter we had together and the second because she is the love of my life.

red states rule
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
When it comes to my girl, this sums up how I feel about her

Marriage or not, I'll take her

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AgXWXP-Ooz8" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

chloe
08-05-2011, 07:50 PM
LOL I'm not Mormon, just willing to make an exception for you or Drew Barrymore!! And by the way my wife has actually agreed to allowing a second wife if Drew would say yes. So, it's not a matter of can I, it's merely a matter of, does my wife want her to? LOL

dang it , I wish I looked like drew barrymore !

chloe
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
:laugh: Not what I was referring to.

He's saying he likes me:laugh2:

it is possible he has met me before....wink

Gunny
08-06-2011, 06:55 AM

Nervous? More like allergic.:laugh:

Jess
08-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I was actually in a marriage for about 13 years. Was it all great? No. Would I marry again? Maybe.

Maybe not - just to irritate my family.

BUT I learned a lot from my marriage, was exposed to some things that were good and some things that were bad. The best things that were a result of the marriage I wouldn't trade for anything.:cool:

Dunno for sure what I'll do in the future - life is a big ole learning experience and there is still much to learn. Who knows what the rest of life holds?

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
If divorce happens even against innocent party spouse's will,she or he can't remarry.Divorce and remarriage is a dreadful sin called adultery,Malachi 2:16,Mark 10:12,Hebrews 13:3.

Jess
08-14-2011, 09:15 AM
If divorce happens even against innocent party spouse's will,she or he can't remarry.Divorce and remarriage is a dreadful sin called adultery,Malachi 2:16,Mark 10:12,Hebrews 13:3.What about widows and widowers? Are they to go through the rest of their lives alone? Having the tremendous responsibility of raising children, providing for them without a partner? Being alone will also cause a person to have fantasies, lust and all sorts of wicked things.

Damned if you don't and damned if you do, hmmm? Somehow I think God is not that sadistic. Perhaps yours is, though.

Gunny
08-14-2011, 10:03 AM
If divorce happens even against innocent party spouse's will,she or he can't remarry.Divorce and remarriage is a dreadful sin called adultery,Malachi 2:16,Mark 10:12,Hebrews 13:3.

Let's try to stick with the reality of the world we live in. Even IF your interpretation is correct, my interpretation says I'll be forgiven. I somehow doubt a benevolent God wants us to be miserable for an entire lifetime.

fj1200
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Even IF your interpretation is correct...

Don't you know only Calvinist Baptists will make it to heaven.

ConHog
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't you know only Calvinist Baptists will make it to heaven.

I thought that was Church of Christ?

I once back in my single days dated a gal who attended a Church of Christ. Little old country church, about 50 members. She talked me into going one time, as I sat there the preacher rambled on about how ONLY the people who attended THEIR specific church would find heaven. So I'm to believe that only 50 people are going to heaven? WOW

chloe
08-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I thought that was Church of Christ?

I once back in my single days dated a gal who attended a Church of Christ. Little old country church, about 50 members. She talked me into going one time, as I sat there the preacher rambled on about how ONLY the people who attended THEIR specific church would find heaven. So I'm to believe that only 50 people are going to heaven? WOW

I can't stand church.

SassyLady
08-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I can't stand church.

I love my church ... it's in my backyard, in my hammock, under the trees, looking up at the sky, listening to the country sounds of birds, chickens, cows, horses, sheep, kids yelling.....and no one standing there telling me it's a sin to lay in the hammock because my house isn't clean, or the laundry done.

Love my church!!!

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Oh Lordy. Perhaps this thread isn't for you. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I am one of those first time, still-married types. and you are right, I would do it all over again. ;)

ConHog
08-14-2011, 06:40 PM

Psst rationale discussion of ANY kind is not for JT.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 06:54 PM
What about widows and widowers? Are they to go through the rest of their lives alone? Having the tremendous responsibility of raising children, providing for them without a partner? Being alone will also cause a person to have fantasies, lust and all sorts of wicked things.

Damned if you don't and damned if you do, hmmm? Somehow I think God is not that sadistic. Perhaps yours is, though.
As it is written that widows and widowers are free when their spouses die.Their marriages were annuled by death.It as spouses give an oath during the wedding ceremony, till death do you part.People have God's right to remarry if their sposes die.

ConHog
08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
As it is written that widows and widowers are free when their spouses die.Their marriages were annuled by death.It as spouses give an oath during the wedding ceremony, till death do you part.People have God's right to remarry if their sposes die.

So, if my wife cheats on me I should kill her, not divorce her? I got ya.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
So, if my wife cheats on me I should kill her, not divorce her? I got ya.
You need to warn her about God's Anger.Divorce is a sin.Reconcile and don't allow her to go outside without your presense.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Let's try to stick with the reality of the world we live in. Even IF your interpretation is correct, my interpretation says I'll be forgiven. I somehow doubt a benevolent God wants us to be miserable for an entire lifetime.God wants us to follow Jesus and obey His Commandmeds.God wishes us not a misery.Our rebellion and love of this sinful world that rulled by Satan make us miserable.Those who love this world and all kinds of its idols,those hate God.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
So, if my wife cheats on me I should kill her, not divorce her? I got ya.In these immoral last days in which we're living today many domestic violences are happening based if a husband or a wife caught in cheating.Homicides cases happened.Here I read one a year ago happened in my home country.It happened in a regional settlement.A husband learned that his wife cheated on him.In his anger he killed her with an axe.That is insane.God warned us,thou you shall not murder.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM
You need to warn her about God's Anger.Divorce is a sin.Reconcile and don't allow her to go outside without your presense.

Say what?

ConHog
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Say what?

This dude is a crack pot. if your woman cheats, don't divorce her, just lock her in and "council" her on her behavior. I wonder if "council" is code for beat?

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Say what?To stop cheating.

Jess
08-15-2011, 07:41 AM

He actually makes a good point.

What IS marriage?

Is it between two people?
Between two people and their God?
Is it a legal contract ok'd by the state?
Do we mix church and state? Thought we wanted those to be separate ...

Abbey Marie
08-20-2011, 06:38 PM
He actually makes a good point.

What IS marriage?

Is it between two people?
Between two people and their God?
Is it a legal contract ok'd by the state?
Do we mix church and state? Thought we wanted those to be separate ...

Perhaps for another thread; but this one was pretty straightforward.

Trigg
08-22-2011, 04:24 PM

of course you're going to notice other hot women, you're a man.

I don't understand women who get bent out of shape if their hubbies eyes linger. Heck I notice if a man is good looking, it would be hypocritical to yell at hubby for the same thing. After all he's married, not dead.

Funny story: I was 8 months pregnant and miserable so decided to stay home with the kids instead of go to the fair. Hubby, sister and brother-in-law went to the beer tent. My lovely sister was pointing out all the cute girls to him. My brother-in -laws girlfriend couldn't believe how DISRESPECTFUL hubby was being, how dare he look at cute girls while I was home preggers with #4.

Oh and YES I would marry him all over again......22 years and counting, I'd say we have a pretty good thing going.

ConHog
08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
of course you're going to notice other hot women, you're a man.

I don't understand women who get bent out of shape if their hubbies eyes linger. Heck I notice if a man is good looking, it would be hypocritical to yell at hubby for the same thing. After all he's married, not dead.

Funny story: I was 8 months pregnant and miserable so decided to stay home with the kids instead of go to the fair. Hubby, sister and brother-in-law went to the beer tent. My lovely sister was pointing out all the cute girls to him. My brother-in -laws girlfriend couldn't believe how DISRESPECTFUL hubby was being, how dare he look at cute girls while I was home preggers with #4.

Oh and YES I would marry him all over again......22 years and counting, I'd say we have a pretty good thing going.

22 years is a good start on a marriage, hell my wife is barely older than that LOL (she's 26)