PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason Why Biden Is A Buffoon.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Joe Biden showed his class once again when he told Gabby Giffords they are now both members of the cracked head club

Vice President Joe Biden spent much of his day on Capitol Hill, listening to disgruntled Democrats who were queasy about the debt deal that the White House signed off on.But he ended the day with a beaming smile, inviting an amputee to his house tomorrow for breakfast, and ruminating with reporters about an emotional moment that just occurred on the House floor: Representative Gabrielle Giffords returning to the chamber for the first time since she was shot in the head during a town hall meeting.

“That’s why I’m here,” Biden said. “Nancy was kind enough to call me.” (that’s Nancy Pelosi, the House minority leader).

He then launched into several stories as secret service officers looked on, reporters crowded around, and lawmakers walked past.

“When I went up, she said, ‘Joe,” Biden recalled of his meeting with Giffords. “I said, ‘Now we’re both members of the Cracked Head Club.’ You know, I had two craniotomies. For real. They literally took the top of my head off. Twice. Now, the wags in Delaware, when the second operation occurred, wrote and said, ‘Well, it’s because they couldn’t find a brain the first time!’”

“She and I just commiserated about the steps to recovery,” he added. “Hers, much more consequential. But it scares the living devil out of you when you’re recovering from a serious operation or injury to your head. But it comes back. And knowing people who’ve been through it and came back was helpful, for me anyway. You know
what I mean?”

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/08/biden-talks-his-meeting-with-giffords-and-more/NcyqlNTBgcSmjeUlP5ua8N/index.html

Gaffer
08-03-2011, 08:08 AM
They should have titled it Why he's a Buffoon.

ConHog
08-03-2011, 09:44 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would want to be Vice President. You're basically nothing but a punch line, and they always seem to find the biggest clown to fill the position.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 04:03 PM

Damn good idea Gaffer. I changed the thread title. :salute: