PDA

View Full Version : 107 degrees here with 88% humidity

ConHog
08-03-2011, 02:28 PM
what in the blue blazes is going on? We haven't had a day below 95 in at least a month.

Little-Acorn
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM
what in the blue blazes is going on? We haven't had a day below 95 in at least a month.
Where U at?

It may hit 78F here, with 60% humidity.

And people ask me why, with the earthquakes and completely screwed-up and oppressive politics we have here, I still live in coastal California.

That's why.

---------------------------------

P.S. Hey wow, my 4,000th post! :)

Gaffer
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
It cooled off here considerably. we had a thunderstorm roll through this morning and it's still cloudy. Temp is way down with a cool breeze. Envy me. :rolleyes:

ConHog
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Where U at?

It may hit 78F here, with 60% humidity.

And people ask me why, with the earthquakes and completely screwed-up and oppressive politics we have here, I still live in coastal California.

That's why.

---------------------------------

P.S. Hey wow, my 4,000th post! :)

Arkansas. It's not usually this hot for this long. Jesus. We haven't had any rain to speak of since we were flooded out in May either. And I mean we were flooded like 22" that month.

I wouldn't live in CA for ANYTHING.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM

It is called summer

ConHog
08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
It is called summer

This isn't a normal summer for us at all. We have old people talking about not remembering it being this hot for so many days since the 50's. The 1850's. It's truly miserable. My swimming pool water is 92 degrees. I would drain some of and fill it out of the well to cool it down, except that water is actually evaporating out of the pool, so I don't have to take any out, just add it in, every day.

red states rule
08-03-2011, 04:23 PM
This isn't a normal summer for us at all. We have old people talking about not remembering it being this hot for so many days since the 50's. The 1850's. It's truly miserable. My swimming pool water is 92 degrees. I would drain some of and fill it out of the well to cool it down, except that water is actually evaporating out of the pool, so I don't have to take any out, just add it in, every day.

About 6 months ago I watched Joe Bastardi of the Weather Channel and he said we are in normal weather patterns. We are in the same patter the US was in during the 50's and 60's

It was the only time Bill O'Reilly not say a word for about 10 minutes :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Damn, 107 and 88% humidity? That's sauna weather! We had like 5 days straight last week like that, but the temps were 'only' upper 90's but the humidity was almost that high. I just crank the AC and stay out of that climate as much as I can!

ConHog
08-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Damn, 107 and 88% humidity? That's sauna weather! We had like 5 days straight last week like that, but the temps were 'only' upper 90's but the humidity was almost that high. I just crank the AC and stay out of that climate as much as I can!

yeah got fucking crazy today. It's been around or over 100 for like 3 weeks straight, but the humidity hasn't been bad. But today ugh....

Kathianne
08-03-2011, 09:01 PM
While not as bad as you, we've been in 90-100+ for nearly two weeks. A couple days in the very high 80's, but all with high humidity. Today was really the first 'break', just 88 and lower humidity than it's been.

Tonight we're looking at 70's and then a few days of mid-80's with nights in the low 70's. Finally I'll be able to turn off AC.

chloe
08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
about ten days ago I was in Alabama and Missouri and my friends air conditoning kept breaking I WANTED TO DIE:laugh2:

Kathianne
08-03-2011, 10:24 PM
about ten days ago I was in Alabama and Missouri and my friends air conditoning kept breaking I WANTED TO DIE:laugh2:

But we're dying in the North, not the South. Seriously, FL would be better than IL lately, at least there at 1 pm, the showers would lower the temps for an hour. Not here. The showers just add to the humidity, increase without break.

chloe
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
But we're dying in the North, not the South. Seriously, FL would be better than IL lately, at least there at 1 pm, the showers would lower the temps for an hour. Not here. The showers just add to the humidity, increase without break.

I am not used to Humidity though, It was not so bad in Huntsville Alabama, but in St Louis Missouri where my friends air conditioning kept breaking, OHHH I was dying !!!@@

Gaffer
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I am not used to Humidity though, It was not so bad in Huntsville Alabama, but in St Louis Missouri where my friends air conditioning kept breaking, OHHH I was dying !!!@@

At least since your home now you don't have to deal with the humidity. It's been a long time since we have had this a hot a summer. That thunder storm this morning cooled things off but later on it started getting hot again. I hope your friend got their AC fixed.

chloe
08-04-2011, 12:15 AM
At least since your home now you don't have to deal with the humidity. It's been a long time since we have had this a hot a summer. That thunder storm this morning cooled things off but later on it started getting hot again. I hope your friend got their AC fixed.

Her air conditoner wasn't fixed when I left but I havent called her or asked since then, I am sure it must be fixed by now though.

Kathianne
08-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Six months ago yesterday, Big Snow in Chicago! Now we sweat! Why do I live here?

red states rule
08-04-2011, 03:19 AM
This should make all of you feel better :laugh2:

<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oZrhG2iT3H0" frameBorder=0 width=425 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>