PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Members Could Become Violent

red states rule
08-05-2011, 03:23 AM
So says an "addiction expert" on MSNBC. This new civility from the left is amazing. The Dems are actually scared of the Tea Party and given the rapiding declining economy and their inability to govern is pushing them further off the deep end.

All this over a budget deal that contained ZERO cuts - only reductions in the rate of growth

How will they react if they lose in 2012 and there are REAL cuts to spending? I wonder who will be rioting in the streets then, and will be shouting "no justice no peace!"

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/104274" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

PostmodernProphet
08-05-2011, 05:36 AM
interesting......as I heard this expert talk about addiction I gained a whole new insight on liberals and federal spending.......it makes me glad we finally held this intervention......

Gunny
08-05-2011, 05:49 AM
interesting......as I heard this expert talk about addiction I gained a whole new insight on liberals and federal spending.......it makes me glad we finally held this intervention......

Define "we".

All I see is a bunch of used-to-be-Constituionalists by any other name who by refusing to vote last Presidential election are as responsible for that idiot in the White House as any card-carrying Dem.

I'm all up for swatting the Dem party into nothingness. But not at the point where we become them. Obstructionists grandstanding for attention.

PostmodernProphet
08-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Define "we".

okay.....intelligent, thinking humans who don't have their heads up their ass.......

Monkeybone
08-05-2011, 06:19 AM
:tinfoil: it's what they want. Either for one of them to actually go crazy and do something or "an assumed right wing extremist" that suddenly does something that is killed in action. then the crackdown with regulations can really kick in. Becasue you know, the Boldest measures are the safest ones. :tinfoil:

Gaffer
08-05-2011, 09:04 AM
They're looking for a scapegoat. Think of 1920's Germany. Watching history repeat itself is really fascinating.

Little-Acorn
08-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Let me get this straight.

TEA Party members "could become" violent.

That means they aren't yet.

In other words, one of the most overall peaceful political groups the nation has ever seen, is being bashed for violence when they haven't committed any.

Hell, my 13-year-old son "could become" violent. Even though he's one of the sweetest, helpful kids you'll ever run into. ANYBODY "could become" violent. Even Mahatma Ghandi.

What in the world does it take to please the liberals and get them to stop complaining???

ConHog
08-05-2011, 10:36 AM
okay.....intelligent, thinking humans who don't have their heads up their ass.......

Unfortunately that leaves out about 90% of the adult population in this country.

red states rule
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
What happened to the days when left wing anti war protesters took to the streets on a near daily basis and got glowing coverage from the liberal media as people voicing their oopinion?

So what if they called for the death of President Bush?

So what if they wanted our troops put on trial for war crimes?

So what if they tried to physically attack government officals to show their opposition to the war?

They were patriots to the liberal media

NOW, we have people opposing goverment spending.

Opposing higher taxes

Opposing adding more debt

and they are terrorists, racists, and need psychological help?

Shadow
08-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Define "we".

All I see is a bunch of used-to-be-Constituionalists by any other name who by refusing to vote last Presidential election are as responsible for that idiot in the White House as any card-carrying Dem.

I'm all up for swatting the Dem party into nothingness. But not at the point where we become them. Obstructionists grandstanding for attention.

I totally agree with this. I became so frustrated with a lot of the republicans in my state (and nationwide in the last election) voting for R's in the primaries that they knew full well could not win the larger elections. This of course was done on "principle" and all that gave us was dem majorities up the wazoo...yeah...that showed us (not). Thanks...for nothing... jerks. :rolleyes:

Shadow
08-05-2011, 08:49 PM
What happened to the days when left wing anti war protesters took to the streets on a near daily basis and got glowing coverage from the liberal media as people voicing their oopinion?

So what if they called for the death of President Bush?

So what if they wanted our troops put on trial for war crimes?

So what if they tried to physically attack government officals to show their opposition to the war?

They were patriots to the liberal media

NOW, we have people opposing goverment spending.

Opposing higher taxes

Opposing adding more debt

and they are terrorists, racists, and need psychological help?

That is because the reason they were doing it was NOT because they actually cared about those issues. It was all to keep bad press about that administration in the media 24/7. Now, that it's happening to Obama...and they know the public actually CARES about these issues...it is an outrage and must be silenced or deminished somehow...else it will hurt him in the next elections.

PostmodernProphet
08-06-2011, 08:39 AM
I totally agree with this. I became so frustrated with a lot of the republicans in my state (and nationwide in the last election) voting for R's in the primaries that they knew full well could not win the larger elections. This of course was done on "principle" and all that gave us was dem majorities up the wazoo...yeah...that showed us (not). Thanks...for nothing... jerks. :rolleyes:

out of curiosity, do you live in a state where a Republican could only get elected if they were a Democrat with an R pasted in front of his name?.......

Gunny
08-06-2011, 09:37 AM
out of curiosity, do you live in a state where a Republican could only get elected if they were a Democrat with an R pasted in front of his name?.......

I do. Are there any states left where it's otherwise and the Republican not branded and ultra-right extremist?

What is conservative and what is liberal depends a lot on one's age. Democrats when I was a kid were more conservative than most Republicans are now. A fringe group standing on "principle" does nothing but splinter the major party they split from. As I already stated, Republicans/conservatives that stayed home last election are as responsible for Obama being in office as any Dem that voted for him.

Standing on principle is fine. Watching the country circle the drain because of some notion standing on principle is going to accomplish anything is delusional at best.

red states rule
08-08-2011, 03:34 AM
So the R's caved to Obama in a vain attempt of being blamed for anything bad that would happen if a deal was not made.

Well, once again they were shown otherwise. Did they really think they would get fair coverage in the liberal media?

The fiscal clown show continues. A few days after Congress and the White House agreed to raise the debt ceiling and cut spending, Standard & Poor's has downgraded the United States of America's (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-loses-AAA-credit-rating-rb-2187330642.html?x=0) credit rating from AAA to AA+.

S&P, which covered itself in a substance other than glory during the mortgage crisis, may have a poor record and strange methodology when it comes to sovereign ratings. France, which has a far higher debt per capita ratio than the U.S., still enjoys a AAA rating. And a downgrade, alone, doesn't mean U.S. interest rates will spike -- on Monday or at any time in the future. Japan's credit rating was downgraded several years ago, when the interest rates its government paid on bonds was already extremely low, and they've generally trended lower in the years since.

Market conditions, the trajectory of economic growth and relative value can play as big -- if not a bigger -- of a role in determining interest rates than a rating.
But that doesn't mean we should ignore S&P's Friday evening shot across the bow. In downgrading the U.S.'s credit rating, S&P points out what has long been obvious: Washington's inability to come to an agreement on how to close the large fiscal gaps that have emerged since the recession began is troubling. Recent events have sapped the agency's confidence that the government can and will do what is necessary to align revenues with spending commitments. And it's difficult to escape the conclusion that America's credit rating was intentionally sabotaged by Congressional Republicans.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daniel-gross/u-credit-rating-victim-gop-sabotage-021622372.html