PDA

View Full Version : Wreck Of Captain Morgan's Pirate Ship Found

Shadow
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
The lost wreckage of a ship belonging to 17th century pirate Captain Henry Morgan has been discovered in Panama, said a team of U.S. archaeologists -- and the maker of Captain Morgan rum.
Near the Lajas Reef, where Morgan lost five ships in 1671 including his flagship "Satisfaction," the team uncovered a portion of the starboard side of a wooden ship's hull and a series of unopened cargo boxes and chests encrusted in coral.

The cargo has yet to be opened, but Captain Morgan USA -- which sells the spiced rum named for the eponymous pirate -- is clearly hoping there's liquor in there.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/05/captain-morgans-lost-liquor-locker-found/#ixzz1UCnio300

chloe
08-05-2011, 08:04 PM
The lost wreckage of a ship belonging to 17th century pirate Captain Henry Morgan has been discovered in Panama, said a team of U.S. archaeologists -- and the maker of Captain Morgan rum.
Near the Lajas Reef, where Morgan lost five ships in 1671 including his flagship "Satisfaction," the team uncovered a portion of the starboard side of a wooden ship's hull and a series of unopened cargo boxes and chests encrusted in coral.

The cargo has yet to be opened, but Captain Morgan USA -- which sells the spiced rum named for the eponymous pirate -- is clearly hoping there's liquor in there.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/05/captain-morgans-lost-liquor-locker-found/#ixzz1UCnio300

You find such interesting news, thanks for sharing.

Shadow
08-05-2011, 08:12 PM
That's just because I read a lot of news articles (and magazines etc). Not all of it is interesting sometimes I'm sure,but it's usually something that caught my attention for some reason or another. :)

I love stories about dives like this that find ship wrecks and even have footage or pictures to look at etc...very cool to me.

Love Monkey
11-12-2011, 07:28 AM
OK. Did they find Captain Morgan yet?

fj1200
11-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Hey LM, anything ever useful coming from you?

Shadow
11-12-2011, 12:48 PM
OK. Did they find Captain Morgan yet?

Don't know...but I do know that they think they are very close to finding and filming Octopus Giantus soon. Saw that on an episode of Monster Quest this morning.:wink2: