PDA

View Full Version : Dems Lose 4 out 6 Recall Elections in WI

red states rule
08-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Despite millions in out of state money, the union thugs taking to the street, and the liberal media supporting the Dem candidates, the voters supported Gov Walker and prevented the Dems from taking over the state Senate

This is a victory for Gov Walker who stood firm to curb state spending. This should be a lesson to the R's in DC

The liberal media is not happy this morning

Two Republican state senators lost their seats in recall elections around Wisconsin on Tuesday, but Republicans maintained their control of the State Senate, ultimately handing a defeat to union groups and Democrats who had spent months and millions of dollars trying to wrestle away at least some of the state’s political power.

The outcome was seen as a victory for Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican whose move to curtail collective bargaining rights for public workers this year set off a firestorm of protests, then counterprotests and finally a summer of unprecedented recall efforts.
Although two of the Republicans — Senators Dan Kapanke of La Crosse and Randy Hopper of Fond du Lac — were removed by Democratic challengers on Tuesday before the ends of their terms in office, Republicans still hold a majority — now 17 to 16 — over Democrats in the Senate. Until Tuesday, Republicans had dominated with a 19 to 14 majority, but with six recall elections in a single day, the damage for Republicans could have been far worse, and Democrats and some national labor groups had hoped it would be.

Two Senate Democrats also face recall elections next week — one more chapter in the same collective bargaining rights battle — but given the results on Tuesday, those races now cannot affect which party controls the State Senate, the question that had always been the ultimate concern on both sides. If anything, Republicans could now increase their hold next week.

That appeared to assure Mr. Walker and leading Republican lawmakers that they can <NOBR>continue (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR> to pursue their agenda — which has included budget cuts, a concealed weapons provision and a requirement of identification to vote — with relative ease.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/us/politics/10wisconsin.html

Kathianne
08-10-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm shocked! Really. Never thought this would happen. Obviously many in WI lied, imagine that, to the pollsters!

red states rule
08-10-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm shocked! Really. Never thought this would happen. Obviously many in WI lied, imagine that, to the pollsters!

As I said this should be a lesson to the R's in DC. Gov Walker did what he said he would do. He stood firm and he explained his agenda to the voters

He balanced the budget, trimmed the fat, and union workers now chip in on their benefits.

The libs and union thugs poured millions into the race now that they lost they can now exit stage LEFT

McConnell and Boehner should sit down with Gov Walker for a lesson on leadership Kat

red states rule
08-10-2011, 03:51 AM
**********************SORE LOSER ALERT*******************

Looks like the Dems are falling on their same ol' excuse when they voters reject their agenda

A state Democratic Party spokesman accused a Republican official Tuesday night of tampering with votes in the tight 8th Senate District recall race.

With 10 of 11 Waukesha County wards still out -- including all of those in Menomonee Falls -- party spokesman Graeme Zielinski said, "We believe the election in this contest has been tampered with by Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus.
"She’s sitting on votes. We believe that right now, there are severe irregularities in Waukesha County once again. We believe the very fate of the Wisconsin Senate hangs in the balance and is in the hands of a woman who has already shown extreme incompetence.”

“We believe there’s dirty tricks afoot.”

Democrats are demanding an investigation or at least an explanation, Zielinski said, and he added the party’s legal team is looking into it.

Shortly after Zielinski made that statement, results came in from nine Menomonee Falls wards, swinging the lead to incumbent Sen. Alberta Darling (R-River Hills).

Nickolaus came under scrutiny in the state Supreme Court race, when she reported a vote total that omitted the entire city of Brookfield.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/127434893.html

Little-Acorn
08-10-2011, 09:43 AM
party spokesman Graeme Zielinski said, "We believe the election in this contest has been tampered with by Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus.
"She’s sitting on votes. We believe that right now, there are severe irregularities in Waukesha County once again. We believe the very fate of the Wisconsin Senate hangs in the balance and is in the hands of a woman who has already shown extreme incompetence.”

“We believe there’s dirty tricks afoot.”

I don't suppose there's any point in asking if the Dems have provided any evidence supporting their accusations?

BTW, the recall elections for Democrat state senators (the ones who actually fled the state to disrupt legal voting) are next week, correct?

Thunderknuckles
08-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I was listening to a liberal talk show on the way to work yesterday and they all were excited about the recall elections expecting to win at least 4 out 6 seats for the Dems. I checked in today and they all had their panties in a bunch over the results with accusations of voter fraud.

Little-Acorn
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Despite massive union funding from out of state, Democrats fall short of goals in Wisconsin recall elections

by Romy Manuel, staff writer
August 9, 2011

(AP - Madison, WI) After a months-long farce in which disgruntled Democrat state legislators fled their home state of Wisconsin and rented motel rooms in neighboring Illinois to disrupt the legal voting on bills in their state Capitol, Wisconsin Democrats have failed to take back the Senate in a series of carefully-orchestrated and heavily union-backed recall elections against Republicans.

Democrats staged elections in six districts where Republicans had won the previous election among heavily Democrat electorates in those districts. Winning three or more of these carefully-selected elections would have given the Democrats control of the state Senate. But they only won two, despite massive financing from unions across the country and union manpower handing out flyers and occupying the capitol building on an almost daily basis, shouting slogans and making normal operations difficult.

Further problems were encountered by the disgruntled Democrats when many of their most loyal Democrat voters misunderstood instructions, drove across the border, checked into motel rooms, and then tried to vote in the border towns of Illinois. "I don't understand," one anguished woman (who asked to remain anonymous) at the Motel 6 in Winnebago, IL told reporters. "Where are the polling places? Where are our ballots? They told us if we followed their lead, we'd be taken care of. But they haven't even brought us drinks and fried chicken. I don't understand!"

Next week, recall elections of the Democrat senators who fled their own capitol will be held. Democrat officials declined to comment on polling data predicting large turnovers, saying only that the results would be "unexpected".

red states rule
08-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Now we can watch the liberal media sit back and wat a big ol' shitburger

First up, Sgt Schultz at DNCTV (aka MSNBC)

MSNBC host Ed Schultz wants to be taken seriously as a TV host, but he hasn't yet learned not to promote victory for liberal Democrats before the results are all in. On Tuesday night, even after the polls closed, Schultz was touting a possible Democratic wave. Twice, he proclaimed before his 10 pm show came on that Democrats were "brilliant on the basics" in the Wisconsin ground game -- before they lost four and won two.

At 6 pm, Schultz told Al Sharpton "And if the Democrats are successful tonight, it is really the template on how to get it done. I mean, I think that the progressives in this state, as profound as it is, they have been brilliant on the basics. They have gone door to door. They have talked to their neighbors. They have taken people by the hand to do what they've got to do."
He added: "They have made the countless hours of phone calls. They have done all the things, you know, that -- it's the old saying, Al, you can't take my heart, you can`t take my soul, and you`re not going to take my vote. That really has been the attitude against this big money that has come into this state. And what we saw today and just the last couple months is the grassroots will get the back of people who stand on principle for core Democratic values."

At 8 pm, Schultz repeated this line to Lawrence O'Donnell:

I have talked to a number of grassroots workers today that have told us that they think that the ground game by the progressives to beat back these six Republican senators has been highly sophisticated. They have been brilliant on the basics. They have done everything they've had to do. I mean, this race has everything. It is so futuristic. It is so on the cutting edge. It is transforming how politics is going to be run, I think, in this country.

And it is a real message to Ohio with Senate Bill 5 that is now finally on the ballot, where they got far more signatures than they needed. It's a real message to Michigan where Rick Snyder and his radical agenda and some of the things they have passed in that state such as a <NOBR>financial management (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR> decision to come in and run a municipality if they don`t like the way it`s being run financially. I mean, this really is a message I think, Lawrence, to the rest of the country on what has to happen for the progressives.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/08/10/ed-schultz-falls-flat-face-says-dems-were-brilliant-basics-wisconsin#ixzz1Uf1itHm7

red states rule
08-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't suppose there's any point in asking if the Dems have provided any evidence supporting their accusations?

BTW, the recall elections for Democrat state senators (the ones who actually fled the state to disrupt legal voting) are next week, correct?

Yes, but you will not hear anything about that in the liberal media. They have to be thinking "could we loase these two electio0ns as well"?

I hope the conservatives in WI are fired up and will turn out. Who knows, when it is all said and done, the union thugs would have spent $30 million and end up breaking even!

red states rule
08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Is some white racist toying with Rev Al's teleprompter over at DNCTV? Rev Al was bellowing something about the WI recall elections and he stumbled worse than Obama dose without his teleprompter

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/104455" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Gunny
08-10-2011, 06:40 PM
**********************SORE LOSER ALERT*******************

Looks like the Dems are falling on their same ol' excuse when they voters reject their agenda

When in doubt, use an excuse that disrupts the democratic process even more. Why do they even bother to call themselves "Democrats" anyway? They're fascist thugs, nothing more.

red states rule
08-11-2011, 02:54 AM
The liberal media is trying to paint a "sivler lining" on the WI results, and tries to convince people the unions actually WON the election

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Labor officials said Wednesday that the results in Wisconsin's unprecedented recall elections should send a stern warning to any elected official who might seek to curb collective bargaining rights.

But in toppling only two of the six lawmakers they targeted, some observers said the outcome could be a sign that labor's political clout isn't what it used to be.

Unions celebrated the ouster of two Republican state senators who supported Gov. Scott Walker's bill to curb collective bargaining rights for most state employees. Despite the historic wins for Wisconsin Democrats in Tuesday's voting, they still fell short of their goal to knock off at least three Republicans so they could take majority control of the state Senate and be able to block Walker and the Republicans' conservative agenda.
The outcome falls somewhere between a victory and a loss for beleaguered unions, said Doug Schoen, a Democratic political strategist.

"Organized labor certainly didn't lose any ground," Schoen said. "They didn't fundamentally alter the political environment, but they sent a strong message to Republicans that what they are doing is not without peril."
That's the silver lining union officials were spinning Wednesday.

"This is going to send a signal that workers and the public are not going to take this overreaching lying down," AFL-CIO political director Mike Podhorzer said. "I can't imagine that if I were a state legislator in another state that I would want to go through what these six Republicans just went through."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WISCONSIN_LABOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT