PDA

View Full Version : Will Hillary Challenge Obama?

red states rule
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
With the Obama economy tanking, will Hillary smell blood in the water and go for the Dem nomination?

With the left losing faith in Obama, maybe the Clinton's will take advantage

After all the Clinton's don't lose elections

It would make the R's chances of taking the WH much harder

Kathianne
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
With the Obama economy tanking, will Hillary smell blood in the water and go for the Dem nomination?

A week ago I'd never give this a thought, he did good by putting her at State. Now though? Not so sure she wouldn't and I think she'd be a shoe in for the primary and knock him off.

Problem is, she'd also likely knock off R's in general on both experience and her husband's demonstrated ability to cut loses and keep on the path of where they ultimately want to go. If Bill had his way, Hillary would learn to compromise, something Obama seems incapable of doing.

Truth to tell, don't know if it would be a bad thing, Republican Congress and Hillary.

red states rule
08-10-2011, 07:27 PM
A week ago I'd never give this a thought, he did good by putting her at State. Now though? Not so sure she wouldn't and I think she'd be a shoe in for the primary and knock him off.

Problem is, she'd also likely knock off R's in general on both experience and her husband's demonstrated ability to cut loses and keep on the path of where they ultimately want to go. If Bill had his way, Hillary would learn to compromise, something Obama seems incapable of doing.

Truth to tell, don't know if it would be a bad thing, Republican Congress and Hillary.

With Hillary and Bill back in the WH there will be three boobs in the Oval Office :laugh2:

I wonder how the Obama supporters will react if this happens? Who will the liberal media support? A white liberal women VS a black liberal

What a strret fight that would be

KarlMarx
08-10-2011, 07:36 PM
If the Dems want to win, they will consider Hillary.

If the people of America are silly enough to elect her, then it will be "Death of Nation - the Sequel"

red states rule
08-10-2011, 07:39 PM
You know Hillary has to be laughing her ass off over how big a failure Obama turned out to be

Can you see the debates between these two big government liberals? Hillary will not let Obama blame Bush or anyone else for the results of his policies

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/146204.jpg

OCA
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Only one Repub currently leading Obama and he won't win the nomination.

Dem's have zero to worry about.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

OCA
08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
I LOVE IT!:dance:

I can make one post in a thread in which the board back slappers are active in and they will abandon it cuz they don't want none of this *flexes massive right bicep*

Hell I might post in every thread they get in lol

Crickets chirping

Trigg
08-10-2011, 08:36 PM
it's great to have OCA back, 20 minutes go without a comment and he decides he won the debate.

he doesn't even consider that other people might have a life, nope, HE WON. THE GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ.

sundaydriver
08-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I hope someone from the Democratic side challenges him. Even just to shake the status quo.

OCA
08-10-2011, 08:55 PM
it's great to have OCA back, 20 minutes go without a comment and he decides he won the debate.

he doesn't even consider that other people might have a life, nope, HE WON. THE GREAT AND MIGHTY OZ.

Oz was make believe, i'm reality.

fj1200
08-10-2011, 09:04 PM

He's winning against some names that most people know nothing about? Hardly a surprise and the fact that he's losing against the front runner at this point and half the generic ballots... He's toast given his approval, lack of that is, ratings and how the economy is looking. He better hope things turnaround economically, it's his only chance.

But if he does win that toilet you keep harping about will start to spin faster because it will only lead to more government intervention which will lead to the US falling farther behind.

OCA
08-10-2011, 09:16 PM
He's winning against some names that most people know nothing about? Hardly a surprise and the fact that he's losing against the front runner at this point and half the generic ballots... He's toast given his approval, lack of that is, ratings and how the economy is looking. He better hope things turnaround economically, it's his only chance.

But if he does win that toilet you keep harping about will start to spin faster because it will only lead to more government intervention which will lead to the US falling farther behind.

At the ballot box people will only remember Bin Laden, its all he needs.

fj1200
08-10-2011, 09:29 PM
At the ballot box people will only remember Bin Laden, its all he needs.

They already forgot it's called three -500+ points down.

Kathianne
08-10-2011, 09:38 PM

It's already clear to people that his cynical 'bringing the troops home in October', along with the bin Laden movie are but political ploys. Add that to his performance and the only question that the opposition would have to ask, "Are you better off than you were last week? Month? Year?"

Hillary might be a challenge, Obama is toast, barring some 'crisis' like a 9/11. Then again, he'd have to react well to such a challenge and that is unlikely.

fj1200
08-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Hillary might be a challenge...

It would be fun to watch the carnage and for BO to run through his warchest. I'm not quite sure what she would bring to the table though, at State she's now tied to his foreign policy, and she would have to state how she would have been different these past few years. She'd have to resign about now to be able to get the ground game going and raise HUGE campaign cash, isn't she still in debt from '08?

Kathianne
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
It would be fun to watch the carnage and for BO to run through his war chest. I'm not quite sure what she would bring to the table though, at State she's now tied to his foreign policy, and she would have to state how she would have been different these past few years. She'd have to resign about now to be able to get the ground game going and raise HUGE campaign cash, isn't she still in debt from '08?

I doubt 'the Clintons' would have trouble raising cash, fast. Not only from the corporates, but really from the 'people' who long for the days. If she left State, she would be free to say which policies she disagreed with-obviously everything economic. No denying she's left, perhaps more so than her husband, however one thing both of them share, commonsense. When losing, stop digging. Obama won't or can't learn from mistakes, of course he has yet to admit any.

Thunderknuckles
08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Personally I'd love to see Hillary challenge Obama again. It would make for a great political rematch after all that has happened. The downside is that the Republican primaries would be sidelined in favor of this heavyweight rematch and could hurt the Republican candidate's chances for success. Even so, I'd break out the pizza and beer on debate night!

fj1200
08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I doubt 'the Clintons' would have trouble raising cash, fast. Not only from the corporates, but really from the 'people' who long for the days. If she left State, she would be free to say which policies she disagreed with-obviously everything economic. No denying she's left, perhaps more so than her husband, however one thing both of them share, commonsense. When losing, stop digging. Obama won't or can't learn from mistakes, of course he has yet to admit any.

You may be right but I seem to recall that she had money issues especially going against BO. She would have to start justifying and differentiating her positions on pretty much everything she campaigned on versus BO's policies. It would be a nice redux to Kennedy's primary challenge to Carter. Good times, good times...

ConHog
08-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Hillary's chance has came and gone.

And there is NO chance that Obama isn't the Dem nominee in 2012.

Kathianne
08-10-2011, 10:11 PM
You may be right but I seem to recall that she had money issues especially going against BO. She would have to start justifying and differentiating her positions on pretty much everything she campaigned on versus BO's policies. It would be a nice redux to Kennedy's primary challenge to Carter. Good times, good times...

We will need diversions, it's bleak for the foreseeable future:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/07/hillary-clinton-2012-calls-grow-with-anger-at-obama-debt-capitulation.html

http://blogs.middlebury.edu/presidentialpower/2011/08/04/an-open-letter-to-madam-secretary-run-hillary-run/

Now mind you I wouldn't vote for Hillary, but I think many would. ;)

fj1200
08-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Hillary's chance has came and gone.

And there is NO chance that Obama isn't the Dem nominee in 2012.

Probably right but who's up for a nice primary fight. :coffee:

ConHog
08-10-2011, 10:20 PM
We will need diversions, it's bleak for the foreseeable future:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/07/hillary-clinton-2012-calls-grow-with-anger-at-obama-debt-capitulation.html

http://blogs.middlebury.edu/presidentialpower/2011/08/04/an-open-letter-to-madam-secretary-run-hillary-run/

Now mind you I wouldn't vote for Hillary, but I think many would. ;)

I know Bill and Hillary, well Bill moreso, and I was fully prepared to vote for her the last go around, but they sold themselves out to BO in my opinion.

fj1200
08-10-2011, 10:23 PM

That was full of gold but my favorite:

A 61-year-old white woman at the table nodded. “He never understood about the ‘vast right-wing conspiracy,’” she said.
:laugh:

Kathianne
08-10-2011, 10:26 PM
That was full of gold but my favorite:

:laugh:

Both are good and from the left's perspective. The second one is equally as good, but I especially liked the comments. Good reading!

red states rule
08-11-2011, 02:37 AM

Or his fairy tales are not worth responding to

red states rule
08-11-2011, 02:39 AM

or an extra $4 trillion in debt

or 9% unemployment

or gas prices doubling

or constantly blaming others for his failed policies

or Obamacare that they want repealed

Just to name a few

red states rule
08-11-2011, 03:25 AM

The #1 issue in this electon will be jobs and Obama has shown a zero tolerance on that issue

red states rule
08-11-2011, 04:31 AM
It's already clear to people that his cynical 'bringing the troops home in October', along with the bin Laden movie are but political ploys. Add that to his performance and the only question that the opposition would have to ask, "Are you better off than you were last week? Month? Year?"

Hillary might be a challenge, Obama is toast, barring some 'crisis' like a 9/11. Then again, he'd have to react well to such a challenge and that is unlikely.

When Chris Matthews compares the Messiah to Pres Bush you know The Chosen One is in trouble

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/104484" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Gunny
08-11-2011, 06:50 AM

While not unheard of, tradition dictates the party will back the incumbent. However, lest we forget, had not two Democratic super delegates voted against their constituents (you know-- that whole taxation without representation thing), Hillary would have won the Democratic primary, and she did win the popular vote. Her own party hosed her for someone that appealed to the media.

Yes, she would give the Republicans a harder time. I was seriously pondering voting for her if it had been her against McCain instead of Herr Obama. Of the three, she was the better candidate and arguably the most conservative. Actually kind of sad, come to think of it.

And before anyone tries to get started, I've NEVER liked Hillary Clinton. I thought she was a meddling piece of trash while Bill was in office, and thanks to Monicagate (a perfect deflection) we STILL don't know all the facts about Whitewater and her role in it.

Kathianne
08-11-2011, 07:18 AM
While not unheard of, tradition dictates the party will back the incumbent. However, lest we forget, had not two Democratic super delegates voted against their constituents (you know-- that whole taxation without representation thing), Hillary would have won the Democratic primary, and she did win the popular vote. Her own party hosed her for someone that appealed to the media.

Yes, she would give the Republicans a harder time. I was seriously pondering voting for her if it had been her against McCain instead of Herr Obama. Of the three, she was the better candidate and arguably the most conservative. Actually kind of sad, come to think of it.

And before anyone tries to get started, I've NEVER liked Hillary Clinton. I thought she was a meddling piece of trash while Bill was in office, and thanks to Monicagate (a perfect deflection) we STILL don't know all the facts about Whitewater and her role in it.

I agree with nearly all you wrote, though it never crossed my mind to vote for her. I did have the feeling that she could have been Nixonian on foreign policy perhaps, although haven't seen that with the State appointment, she has very much been Obama's secretary.

This time though, if the GOP were to put up a nutter, I'd probably give Hillary a try. Primary challenges against an incumbent are rare indeed, but so are the times. Remember, LBJ resigned rather than go through it.

Gunny
08-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I agree with nearly all you wrote, though it never crossed my mind to vote for her. I did have the feeling that she could have been Nixonian on foreign policy perhaps, although haven't seen that with the State appointment, she has very much been Obama's secretary.

This time though, if the GOP were to put up a nutter, I'd probably give Hillary a try. Primary challenges against an incumbent are rare indeed, but so are the times. Remember, LBJ resigned rather than go through it.

I only considered it because I loathe McCain. He's made his reputation bu bucking his own party at every turn. I also have an issue with him playing the "POW card" to the hilt. I respect the fact he served, and respect the fact he was a POW. Serving in the military and being a POW doesn't qualify anyone to hold office, IMO. Commendable; yet, irrelevant.

Bozo's not as smart as LBJ. IF anyone runs against him for the Democratic nomination, he'll just pull out his usual bag of lies and go to work.

Hillary playing low-key is smart, IMO. By doing so, she's padding her record while keeping her name from being associated with Obama except that they are in the same party.

PostmodernProphet
08-11-2011, 08:06 AM

Dem's have zero to worry about.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

and yet, according to the same source "any Republican" is favored to beat him......

Gunny
08-11-2011, 08:20 AM
and yet, according to the same source "any Republican" is favored to beat him......

Not if they let the media choose the Republican as they did with McCain.

Kathianne
08-11-2011, 08:26 AM
One thing that seems to be crystallizing regarding the fight over debt ceiling, the legislators have much more in common with each other than with Obama. I wouldn't be surprised to see upon their return more legislation they can get through that he's not going to be very happy with.

He may have pulled off the impossible, uniting the legislative branch as a check against the executive.

Wind Song
08-11-2011, 08:53 AM
NO, I don't think Hillary will challenge the President for the nomination. I see no Republican candidate in the line up who can beat the President.

Prince Lemon
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Many people have a doubt that Obama will get his 2nd term in Oval.

red states rule
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
NO, I don't think Hillary will challenge the President for the nomination. I see no Republican candidate in the line up who can beat the President.

Please Wind Song, put down the Obama Kool Aid and back away from the keyboard!

OCA
08-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Well that was kind of a crazy statement by that site and I know its early but the numbers don't support the statement..........at all.

red states rule
08-11-2011, 04:06 PM
More and more people are starting to see what a massive mistake it was to elect Obama

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/august_2011/obama_approval_index_august_11_2011/495791-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_august_11_2011.jpg

fj1200
08-11-2011, 09:46 PM

Super Delegates, as I understand, are not tied to any constituents, are not bound by, nor do they influence the awarding of delegates in the states. That aside, political parties are private entities and are not bound by representation rules.

These super-delegates don’t have superhuman powers, but unlike rank-and-file Democrats, they do automatically get to cast a vote at the convention to decide who the party’s nominee will be.
Although dubbed “unpledged” in Democratic Party lingo, the super-delegates are free to come out before their state’s primary and pledge to support one of the presidential contenders.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18277678/ns/politics/t/what-role-democratic-super-delegates/

fj1200
08-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Well that was kind of a crazy statement by that site and I know its early but the numbers don't support the statement..........at all.

Not................at all. :rolleyes:

<tbody>
<th class="noCenter" style="padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(204, 204, 153); text-align: left; background-position: initial initial; ">Poll</th><th class="date" style="padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(204, 204, 153); text-align: center; background-position: initial initial; ">Date</th><th style="padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(204, 204, 153); text-align: center; background-position: initial initial; ">Sample</th><th style="padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(204, 204, 153); text-align: center; background-position: initial initial; ">Republican (R)</th><th style="padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(204, 204, 153); text-align: center; background-position: initial initial; ">Obama (D)</th><th class="spread" style="padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: rgb(204, 204, 153); text-align: center; background-position: initial initial; ">Spread</th>

RCP Average
7/7 - 8/7
--
Republican +0.6

USA Today/Gallup (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2011-08-08-poll-gallup-election_n.htm)
8/4 - 8/7
1319 A
Obama +4

Rasmussen Reports (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/generic_presidential_ballot/election_2012_generic_presidential_ballot)
8/1 - 8/7
3500 LV
Republican +3

Pew Research (http://people-press.org/2011/07/28/obama-loses-ground-in-2012-reelection-bid/)
7/20 - 7/24
1205 RV
Obama +1

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/July_Poll.pdf)
7/14 - 7/17
1000 A
Obama +3

Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/148487/Republican-Candidate-Extends-Lead-Obama.aspx)
7/7 - 7/10
897 RV
Republican +8

</tbody>

A sitting president under 50% doesn't look promising for reelection.

red states rule
08-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Not................at all. :rolleyes:

A sitting president under 50% doesn't look promising for reelection.

With FL and Ohio having so many people out of work, Obama is in deep trouble when it comes to the Electoral College - which is the most important factor as to who will win tin November 2012.

PostmodernProphet
08-14-2011, 08:16 AM
?????....so when they report the statistics of polls conducted on an ongoing basis, they aren't "numbers"?.......

PostmodernProphet
08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
With FL and Ohio having so many people out of work, Obama is in deep trouble when it comes to the Electoral College - which is the most important factor as to who will win tin November 2012.

and therein lies the problem for Obama......I think you'll need two hands to count the swing states he won in '08 that he will NOT win in '12......

red states rule
08-14-2011, 08:21 AM
and therein lies the problem for Obama......I think you'll need two hands to count the swing states he won in '08 that he will NOT win in '12......

There is little hope the economy will turn around in the next 15 months

That is why 2012 will look like 1980 when another liberal was fired soundly for incompetence