PDA

View Full Version : Obamanomics Now Brings Us Obamaville

red states rule
08-11-2011, 04:21 PM
More proof on what a total disater Obama has been for the nation

Economic Woes Lead to Proliferation of Tent Cities Nationwide

While millions of Americans hold their collective breath as Wall Street wreaks havoc with their life savings and retirements, residents of Tent City, a tiny makeshift community about 70 miles south of New York City, have more immediate concerns: finding their next hot meal.

For this collective of homeless and unemployed former landscapers, service industry workers and military veterans, the mention of "tarp" is sure to start a conversation about temporary rooftops, rather than a debate over President Obama's $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program.

At Tent City in Lakewood, N.J., very few are lucky enough to leave.

It seems like a scene straight from "The Grapes of Wrath," but this is no Great Depression novel. This story takes place in 2011, and this New Jersey tent city is one of an untold number of such encampments across the United States, where unemployment has reached 9.3 percent and approximately 3.5 million people are likely to be homeless in a given year, according to the most recent estimates by the National Coalition for the Homeless.

Joe Giammona, 31, has been homeless for nearly four months, after moving from Florida following a relationship that "just didn't work out," he said. He briefly stayed at a rooming house in Asbury Park, N.J., but the accompanying drugs and violence chased him away. A former landscaper and general contractor, Giammona lost his job when his boss had to slash payroll.

"Ever since then, it's been impossible to <NOBR>find a job (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#)</NOBR>," he said. "They're just not hiring at this time. I've been everywhere."

Clad in a "Cape Cod" T-shirt, black sweatpants and filthy white sneakers, Giammona said he has relatives throughout New Jersey but refuses to "accept help" from anyone.
"I try to make the best of it," he said, while turning a hot dog on an outdoor grill. "I hope for hope."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/11/economic-woes-lead-to-proliferation-tent-cities-nationwide/#ixzz1Ul1xknHO

chloe
08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Where I live I noticed that a ton of my youngest daughters friends live with there grandparents, so what I am seeing is the parents are either out of work or out of home and now the adult parents are living with there parents along with there own children

Great-Grandparents

Grand parents

Parents

Kids

All in same house out here, more and more common, can you imagine if that starts happening with the polygamists I live nearby GAWD:laugh2:

OCA
08-11-2011, 08:28 PM
More proof on what a total disater Obama has been for the nation

He inherited this mess, maybe the retarded cowboy ought to have em down to Crawford.

fj1200
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
He inherited this mess, maybe the retarded cowboy ought to have em down to Crawford.

Yeah, damn Dem controlled Congress since '06. But now that we might get another recession he can fully own that one.

Mr. P
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
he inherited this mess, maybe the retarded cowboy ought to have em down to crawford.
bullshit!

red states rule
08-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Yeah, damn Dem controlled Congress since '06. But now that we might get another recession he can fully own that one.

Dems took over Congress in 2006 and since then the annual deficit has increased 10 fold. It has gone from $160 billion to $1.7 trillion. Spending has gone up 68% and of course unemployment has gone from 4.4% to 9.1%. GDP is now at .04%

Yet Obama and the Dems say MORE government spending and higher taxes on the rich will turn the economy around

red states rule
08-12-2011, 03:36 AM
bullshit!

The Obama drones need to remeber what the voters are saying

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0812cd20110811051414.jpg