PDA

View Full Version : Dems Head To Hawaii and Taxpayers Pay For It

red states rule
08-13-2011, 08:30 AM
How typical of the left. As the US economy sinks, Dems are going to Hawaii for a conference that they could easily hold in DC

How many of you went to Hawaii this year?

Senate Democrats are charging taxpayers for a trip to Hawaii, The Daily Caller has learned. The entire press staff of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee is in Maui, even though a field hearing there won’t happen until next Wednesday.

The committee’s oversight field hearing, scheduled for August 17 at 9:00 a.m. at the Maui Beach Hotel (http://www.mauibeachhotel.net/homepage.htm), will focus on “Strengthening Self-Sufficiency: Overcoming Barriers to Economic Development in Native Communities.”

Rick Manning from Americans for Limited Government, which first discovered the hearing (http://netrightdaily.com/2011/08/senate-commitee-off-to-maui-on-taxpayer-funded-trip/), told TheDC it’s unbelievable that Hill staffers talking about fiscal responsibility would waste money on a trip to Maui.

“It’s outrageous that Senate Democrats have so little respect for the American taxpayer that in the same month they buried our credit rating, they’re heading to Hawaii to celebrate,” Manning said.

A committee staffer told TheDC that the reason the hearing will be in Maui is “mostly because it’s his [committee chairman Sen. Daniel Akaka’s] home state.” It’s unclear if the field hearing will focus on any issues relating at all to Hawaii, or if the reasoning for scheduling the trip there is only because Akaka will already be in Hawaii during the congressional recess.

The staffer said Akaka is the only senator who will attend.

The Democratic committee staffers used taxpayer funding to travel to Hawaii a full week before their committee’s hearing date. When TheDC called the committee’s Washington, D.C., office Thursday afternoon, a different staffer who answered the phone said all the committee’s communications staffers are already in Maui.

It’s unclear if other committee employees, in addition to communications staff, are also in Maui.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/12/democratic-hill-staffers-head-to-maui-on-taxpayers-dime-for-senate-indian-affairs-committee-field-hearing/

OCA
08-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I went to Maui(again) in January and Greece last September....................Maui was wonderful, stayed at the Grand Wailea.............thanks for asking.

Gunny
08-13-2011, 09:52 AM
I went to Maui(again) in January and Greece last September....................Maui was wonderful, stayed at the Grand Wailea.............thanks for asking.

I somehow doubt they were paid for with tax dollars.

red states rule
08-13-2011, 09:54 AM

You have to remember flight attendents do get to travel to some great places. Once they are done uloading the luggage they can do as they please

But Dems have no trouble spending other peoples money - only the best will do for them even when the economy is tanking and people are losing their jobs and homes

Gunny
08-13-2011, 10:01 AM
You have to remember flight attendents do get to travel to some great places. Once they are done uloading the luggage they can do as they please

But Dems have no trouble spending other peoples money - only the best will do for them even when the economy is tanking and people are losing their jobs and homes

I've always stated Congress needs to be taken to task for not only their pay, but their perks as well. They're quick to jack our taxes and the IRS cuts us no slack, but they're real generous to themselves.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

OCA
08-13-2011, 10:02 AM

Hell no! Greece was to transport the body of my Grandmother back for burial, on the way back in Frankfurt they announced they overbook and would give free round trip vouchers for two if you would switch flights, I jumped on it..................that took care of Maui.

The topic of this thread i'm sure was pre-approved way ahead of time, both parties use taxpayer funds for things such as this, its nothing new, just jealousy and sour grapes on the part of the thread author.

red states rule
08-13-2011, 10:03 AM
I've always stated Congress needs to be taken to task for not only their pay, but their perks as well. They're quick to jack our taxes and the IRS cuts us no slack, but they're real generous to themselves.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

But remember, Dems and the liberal media are demanding tax increases to fund a government that has cut spending to the bone. The poor will suffer. Children will go hungry. People will die in the streets

Meanwhile Dems party and send the taxpayers the bill for payment

OCA
08-13-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2010/mar/12/marco-rubio/rubio-attacks-crist-taxpayer-funded-junket-europe/

Missileman
08-13-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2010/mar/12/marco-rubio/rubio-attacks-crist-taxpayer-funded-junket-europe/

taxpayers didn't pay, either.

So the question is, what's the purpose of the link supposed to be?

fj1200
08-13-2011, 10:21 PM

So they spent some money to promote trade and the Florida business community? Sounds like some good attempts at stimulus.

KartRacerBoy
08-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I just hope that the Dems get to enjoy the same great strip clubs those RNC members got to enjoy. :dance:

OCA
08-13-2011, 10:34 PM

To provide balance to RSR's rabid "only Dems do this" bullshit.

OCA
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM
So they spent some money to promote trade and the Florida business community? Sounds like some good attempts at stimulus.

And maybe their are hot female staffers working on getting great tans at Wailea! Sounds like taxpayer money well spent.

fj1200
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
And maybe their are hot female staffers working on getting great tans at Wailea! Sounds like taxpayer money well spent.

Not so much.

OCA
08-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Not so much.

Oh in your case, maybe guys getting hot tans?:laugh2:

fj1200
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Oh in your case, maybe guys getting hot tans?:laugh2:

Game, set, match, FJ. The ol' "closet gay" argument in a thread with neither closets nor gays.

OCA
08-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Game, set, match, FJ. The ol' "closet gay" argument in a thread with neither closets nor gays.

We'll I did hit a winner down the line past you, I can't help it if my sense of humour is fucking superhuman also.

I accept your white flag.

fj1200
08-13-2011, 11:25 PM
We'll I did hit a winner down the line past you, I can't help it if my sense of humour is fucking superhuman also.

I accept your white flag.

:laugh:

Prince Lemon
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Hawaii is a liberal land for history.

KartRacerBoy
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM

I don't think you're right on this one fj, I think he was suggesting the Dems should take John Boehner. Replace that bad bottled tan with a real one. :laugh:

fj1200
08-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't think you're right on this one fj, I think he was suggesting the Dems should take John Boehner. Replace that bad bottled tan with a real one. :laugh:

:laugh: Wait a minute... are you saying that OCA wants Boehner to get an all over tan? Hmm, the closet gay argument takes an interesting turn. :eek:

fj1200
08-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Hawaii is a liberal land for history.

I dare say no one even knows what that means.

Kathianne
08-13-2011, 11:56 PM
I dare say no one even knows what that means.Not I, but will say it's not something I really care to have clarified by op. ;)

red states rule
08-14-2011, 04:05 AM

To offer the same excuse we have ben hearing from Obama/Dem lap dogs for the last 2 1/2 years

"Well Bush and the R's did it too" instead of trying to explain why they are pissing thru taxpayer money for their own personal enjoyment

Missileman
08-14-2011, 08:12 AM
To provide balance to RSR's rabid "only Dems do this" bullshit.

Not saying you aren't right, but that story you posted didn't achieve your goal.

red states rule
08-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Not saying you aren't right, but that story you posted didn't achieve your goal.

Situation normal MM

OCA
08-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Sure it did, go back and read it through which you obviously didn't do.

OCA
08-14-2011, 09:15 AM
To offer the same excuse we have ben hearing from Obama/Dem lap dogs for the last 2 1/2 years

"Well Bush and the R's did it too" instead of trying to explain why they are pissing thru taxpayer money for their own personal enjoyment

So its a pass for the R's and a condemnation for the D's...............you are a problem and detriment to America.

Missileman
08-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Sure it did, go back and read it through which you obviously didn't do.

I guess maybe YOU need to read it more thoroughly...the trip in your story wasn't paid for with taxpayer's money.

OCA
08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I guess maybe YOU need to read it more thoroughly...the trip in your story wasn't paid for with taxpayer's money.

I swear to god, am I talking to Actsnoblemartin?

Direct quote from the link "cost to taxpayers, 430,000"

Unfucking believable the level of stupidity!

Missileman
08-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I swear to god, am I talking to Actsnoblemartin?

Direct quote from the link "cost to taxpayers, 430,000"

Unfucking believable the level of stupidity!

Directly from your article:

Who paid? Crist didn't pay for the trip out of his own pocket. But taxpayers didn't pay, either. Private business executives picked up Crist's bill.

OCA
08-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Directly from your article:

" but taxpayers still ended up on the hook for more than $430,000 to cover the expenses of Crist's government entourage"

pwned

Missileman
08-14-2011, 02:21 PM
" but taxpayers still ended up on the hook for more than $430,000 to cover the expenses of Crist's government entourage"

pwned

Except going to Europe to meet with European businesses and leaders isn't even remotely the same thing as going to Hawaii to hold a meeting that could just as easily be held in DC.

OCA
08-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Except going to Europe to meet with European businesses and leaders isn't even remotely the same thing as going to Hawaii to hold a meeting that could just as easily be held in DC.

Could've had the European leaders to D.C., half dozen of one and a dozen of the other..........both were a junket on the taxpayers dime.