PDA

View Full Version : Female officials coming soon to the NFL

Shadow
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 13, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/sarahthomas.jpg?w=158 AP The NFL has never had a woman work as an on-field game official. That may change soon.
NFL V.P. of Officiating Carl Johnson told Jane McManus of ESPN.com that he expects to hire a female official.
“We have some in our pipeline, and I expect we’ll see it soon (http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-opinion/6854588/calling-shots-nfl-women-pipeline),” Johnson said.
Johnson wouldn’t say who the female officials in the pipeline are, but he was presumably talking about either Sarah Thomas, a Conference USA official who was the first woman to officiate a major college football game, or Terri Valenti, who was the second female official in major college football and the first in pro football when she worked a UFL game last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/female-officials-coming-soon-to-the-nfl/related/

Prince Lemon
08-13-2011, 10:04 PM
We live in the Last Days according to the accurate Biblical prophecy when all kinds of immodesty and perversions will brake out of control especially women's revolution inspired by a demonic radical feminism.Women as men in men's sports as it is coming to NFL.Feminization of US Military as well as GLBT in military.Abortions.Dominance over men.Women as pastors.Etc.Things will get worse.Once Justice of The US Supreme Court,Robert Bork,wrote a true warning book Going Toward Gomorrah.
I recomend you fellows to get this book and read the truth.

fj1200
08-13-2011, 10:47 PM
We live in the Last Days according to the accurate Biblical prophecy when all kinds of immodesty and perversions...Women as men in men's sports...

:laugh: You certainly do have a wide ranging definition of "perversions."

Prince Lemon
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
:laugh: You certainly do have a wide ranging definition of "perversions."
It is a perversion,period.

fj1200
08-13-2011, 11:56 PM

Well then... :rolleyes:

Gunny
08-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 13, 2011, 1:43 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/sarahthomas.jpg?w=158 AP The NFL has never had a woman work as an on-field game official. That may change soon.
NFL V.P. of Officiating Carl Johnson told Jane McManus of ESPN.com that he expects to hire a female official.
“We have some in our pipeline, and I expect we’ll see it soon (http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-opinion/6854588/calling-shots-nfl-women-pipeline),” Johnson said.
Johnson wouldn’t say who the female officials in the pipeline are, but he was presumably talking about either Sarah Thomas, a Conference USA official who was the first woman to officiate a major college football game, or Terri Valenti, who was the second female official in major college football and the first in pro football when she worked a UFL game last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/female-officials-coming-soon-to-the-nfl/related/

Why? I don't see the point to it.

Shadow
08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Why? I don't see the point to it.

Probably a few different reasons. 1) being because it is still a male populated field and to prove a point. Another I have actually read quoted in other articles. That some feel that if the players surround the refs because of disapproval...folks won't stand for the aggression if directed at a woman. Maybe they think they will tone down some of the players this way or something?

Gunny
08-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Probably a few different reasons. 1) being because it is still a male populated field and to prove a point. Another I have actually read quoted in other articles. That some feel that if the players surround the refs because of disapproval...folks won't stand for the aggression if directed at a woman. Maybe they think they will tone down some of the players this way or something?

I don't buy that last one a bit.

As far as it being a male-dominated field, well, yeah. It's an all-male game last I checked. So I'd go for the same reason they had some big stink in the 80s over female journalists in the locker room -- another ridiculous decision, IMO -- some feminists with an agenda just want to push the boundaries some more.

Shadow
08-14-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't buy that last one a bit.

As far as it being a male-dominated field, well, yeah. It's an all-male game last I checked. So I'd go for the same reason they had some big stink in the 80s over female journalists in the locker room -- another ridiculous decision, IMO -- some feminists with an agenda just want to push the boundaries some more.

Isn't that the feminist goal though...to tame the Alpha male. Someone probably told them that this would be a good way to retrain the players brain's during games...and get them to stop swearing and berating officials (and they ran with it). I agree it's stupid...reminds me of some of the idiotic crap they think up to make the work place more diverse in the corp world too.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 08:01 AM
If feminists really cared about women, they would concentrate on raising funds to dress those poor cheerleaders, who are standing out there in their underwear week after week. :rolleyes:

Gunny
08-14-2011, 08:08 AM
If feminists really cared about women, they would concentrate on raising funds to dress those poor cheerleaders, who are standing out there in their underwear week after week. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Jess
08-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Isn't that the feminist goal though...to tame the Alpha male. Someone probably told them that this would be a good way to retrain the players brain's during games...and get them to stop swearing and berating officials (and they ran with it). I agree it's stupid...reminds me of some of the idiotic crap they think up to make the work place more diverse in the corp world too.

What's the point in "taming" an Alpha male? Then he's no longer Alpha ... which can be much less appealing to said female-type persons.

Shadow
08-14-2011, 08:18 AM

That is a very good question :laugh2:

Didn't they go on a campaign to try and get women in the olympics to wear bulkier clothing at one point?

KartRacerBoy
08-14-2011, 08:22 AM

Oh, I see. The whole time of the month thing. :clap:

Shadow
08-14-2011, 08:22 AM
What's the point in "taming" an Alpha male? Then he's no longer Alpha ... which can be much less appealing to said female-type persons.

Well...they ARE prone to violence don't you know. I think it is just to push power (and their agenda)...and because they think they can. But, I'm with you...I don't wan't no sissified male.

Jess
08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Well...they ARE prone to violence don't you know. I think it is just to push power (and their agenda)...and because they think they can. But, I'm with you...I don't wan't no sissified male.

We, as ladies, are supposed to abhor violence. But the reality is that deep down - and for some of us, much closer to the surface - we aren't that far removed from the females of other species that watch the males battle it out for mating rights. Why else would male strippers be buff and oiled up so they look all sweaty? :cool:

Shadow
08-14-2011, 08:39 AM
We, as ladies, are supposed to abhor violence. But the reality is that deep down - and for some of us, much closer to the surface - we aren't that far removed from the females of other species that watch the males battle it out for mating rights. Why else would male strippers be buff and oiled up so they look all sweaty? :cool:

Probably why the female NFL fanbase has boomed in the last 30 years or so too. Deep down we like em rugged and manly,and society keeps trying to thin out the herd.

Chicks Taking Charge: The Rise of the Female Fan in the NFL

http://chicksinthehuddle.com/2010/08/20/chicks-taking-charge-the-rise-of-the-female-fan-in-the-nfl/

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
In moral days where did we see women in men's world that God dedicated just for men?Today society turned out control totally and is getting worse and worse.Radical feminism is stinking from women in men's sports,women on hard men's jobs,feminization of our military to dyke families.The Last Days.

Gunny
08-14-2011, 10:08 AM
We live in the Last Days according to the accurate Biblical prophecy when all kinds of immodesty and perversions will brake out of control especially women's revolution inspired by a demonic radical feminism.Women as men in men's sports as it is coming to NFL.Feminization of US Military as well as GLBT in military.Abortions.Dominance over men.Women as pastors.Etc.Things will get worse.Once Justice of The US Supreme Court,Robert Bork,wrote a true warning book Going Toward Gomorrah.
I recomend you fellows to get this book and read the truth.

Hardly an answer. Please explain how women officiating in the NFL is a perversion. I don't agree with it, but not for your apocalyptic reasoning.

Gunny
08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
In moral days where did we see women in men's world that God dedicated just for men?Today society turned out control totally and is getting worse and worse.Radical feminism is stinking from women in men's sports,women on hard men's jobs,feminization of our military to dyke families.The Last Days.

Guess I had to ask .....:cuckoo:

"perversion" would be a word I'd use to describe some of your interpretations of the Bible.

Gaffer
08-14-2011, 12:57 PM
What difference does it make. They are refereeing a game. They are not involved in physical contact. They have a whistle and a penalty flag. They make calls.

ConHog
08-14-2011, 02:32 PM

The Alpha feminisits as I call them, don't want an Alpha male.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Hardly an answer. Please explain how women officiating in the NFL is a perversion. I don't agree with it, but not for your apocalyptic reasoning.God made male different from female.God gave men masculinity and for women feminine look.There got to be a huge different between male and female.It is a shame for a woman to make a man's body or for a man to make a woman's body and grow long hair.In our days as we see women who are indoctrinated by radical feminism.Body builders,women boxers,women weight lifters,etc.Are they look like women?No,they are freaks.Human body is God's temple.Defacing His temple is abomination.

Little-Acorn
08-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Female officials coming soon to the NFL

So?

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 05:57 PM
God made male different from female.God gave men masculinity and for women feminine look.There got to be a huge different between male and female.It is a shame for a woman to make a man's body or for a man to make a woman's body and grow long hair.In our days as we see women who are indoctrinated by radical feminism.Body builders,women boxers,women weight lifters,etc.Are they look like women?No,they are freaks.Human body is God's temple.Defacing His temple is abomination.

You make some good points, Prince. I do despise women boxing. But long hair on a guy is waaay cool. :thumb:

ConHog
08-14-2011, 06:31 PM
You make some good points, Prince. I do despise women boxing. But long hair on a guy is waaay cool. :thumb:

Women shouldn't be boxing, but wrestling is okay.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Women shouldn't be boxing, but wrestling is okay.

2337 Like this jelly is ok,because it is not a real sport but a circus.

Sir Evil
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM

:cuckoo:

:wtf:

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM
:cuckoo:

:wtf:
That what you think.Fortunatelly I am not a :cuckoo:

Sir Evil
08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
That what you think.Fortunatelly I am not a :cuckoo:

What I think? I think you have a very f#@ked up view on things!

In moral days where did we see women in men's world that God dedicated just for men?

Are we not in moral times anymore? and exactly what world did god dedicate just for men? Just curious here....:dunno:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 09:08 PM
QUOTE=Sir Evil;484717]
Are we not in moral times anymore?... :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Not so much. :(

Sir Evil
08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Not so much. :(

Well then what was a moral time and how does it differ? I mean according to this whacko moral times had a place dedicated just to men only but in the age of equal opportunity are we really that different morally?

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Well then what was a moral time and how does it differ? I mean according to this whacko moral times had a place dedicated just to men only but in the age of equal opportunity are we really that different morally?

I have to admit I am not really up on a lot of Prince's posts.

I have no scientific data- it just feels so crazy bad these days.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Well then what was a moral time and how does it differ? I mean according to this whacko moral times had a place dedicated just to men only but in the age of equal opportunity are we really that different morally?Women being as men is nothing but abomination against God's nature.Romans 1:27Masculinity God gave to men,but not to women.

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:24 PM

If we read Romans 1:26."For The Lord abandoned them to their reprobate minds to do things that are not fit before Him".

Sir Evil
08-14-2011, 09:29 PM

I'm not seeking scientific data and honestly I wasn't really looking at it the way you are in the bigger picture of things, the lemon presented in a way that it sounded to me that there was a time morally better when women had their place beneath man. I dunno, is that a morally better way then the present?

Sir Evil
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Women being as men is nothing but abomination against God's nature.Romans 1:27Masculinity God gave to men,but not to women.

Oh man, this is a discussion of biblical interpretations....:uhoh:

Perhaps a female is not best suited to be a NFL official but god stated so himself or again, a biblical interpretation?

Prince Lemon
08-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh man, this is a discussion of biblical interpretations....:uhoh:

Perhaps a female is not best suited to be a NFL official but god stated so himself or again, a biblical interpretation?
All human moral life is rulled by God.

Sir Evil
08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
All human moral life is rulled by God.

Well I guess that answered my question..... :smoke:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not seeking scientific data and honestly I wasn't really looking at it the way you are in the bigger picture of things, the lemon presented in a way that it sounded to me that there was a time morally better when women had their place beneath man. I dunno, is that a morally better way then the present?

I must have missed the whole women submissive to men thing. I thought Prince was just saying that women should be women, and men should be men. Which I know is controversial to feminists, lol.

Jess
08-15-2011, 07:52 AM
God made male different from female.God gave men masculinity and for women feminine look.There got to be a huge different between male and female.It is a shame for a woman to make a man's body or for a man to make a woman's body and grow long hair.In our days as we see women who are indoctrinated by radical feminism.Body builders,women boxers,women weight lifters,etc.Are they look like women?No,they are freaks.Human body is God's temple.Defacing His temple is abomination.

Didn't the men in Bible times have long hair? God specifically told Samson not to cut his hair, as it was his strength. God made their hair grow long, just as a woman's does ... so who cares?

I've never seen an artist's rendering of Jesus with short hair. That could be interesting, though.

Jess
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM

There is really nothing new under the sun. We're just more technologically advanced. *shrug*

Monkeybone
08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
not that all the male refs are bulky.... but what happens the first time the female ref gets hit and hurt in a game? are the players then going to have to pay more attention to the refs than the game?

ConHog
08-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Women being as men is nothing but abomination against God's nature.Romans 1:27Masculinity God gave to men,but not to women.

Sir, that is just stupid. I cook, clean, heck even do laundry. At the same time, I served in a fighting unit in the military, so I think my alpha maleness is beyond question. But according to you it is questioned?

Prince Lemon
08-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Sir, that is just stupid. I cook, clean, heck even do laundry. At the same time, I served in a fighting unit in the military, so I think my alpha maleness is beyond question. But according to you it is questioned?
You do this,great.So do I,but I didn't serve in the military.In my homeland all men at age 18 are strictly drafted by historic mandatory law.This law was during old times of czars,Soviet era,and are today.I believe it is a great policy.

ConHog
08-15-2011, 02:32 PM
You do this,great.So do I,but I didn't serve in the military.In my homeland all men at age 18 are strictly drafted by historic mandatory law.This law was during old times of czars,Soviet era,and are today.I believe it is a great policy.

You do woman's work?

Sir Evil
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Didn't the men in Bible times have long hair? God specifically told Samson not to cut his hair, as it was his strength. God made their hair grow long, just as a woman's does ... so who cares?

I've never seen an artist's rendering of Jesus with short hair. That could be interesting, though.

Makes an interesting point for the lemon!

Insein
08-23-2011, 09:35 AM
This Prince Lemon guy is all schtick right? He speaks like someone who is trying to satire an evangelical. No one could be this stupid in real life right?