PDA

View Full Version : David Gregory Asks Bachmann Why Listen To Public Opinion On Debt Cieiling

red states rule
08-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Once again the liberal media struts their arrogance as Meet the Depreseed host smugly asked Michelle Bachmann why she would listen to the people on the debt ceiling issue

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/104607" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

KartRacerBoy
08-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Gregory asked a perfectly valid question and Bachman essentially said "I played to my Tea Party base." But I do think Gregory was a little flippant with his tone which certainly conveyed his "this woman is absurd" view of her.

Monkeybone
08-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah.. why should you listen to the people that voted you in.. it's not like you are a civil servant or anything. Sheesh.

red states rule
08-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Gregory asked a perfectly valid question and Bachman essentially said "I played to my Tea Party base." But I do think Gregory was a little flippant with his tone which certainly conveyed his "this woman is absurd" view of her.

It was much more than "playing to the Tea Party base". Poll after poll showed a large majority was OPPOSED to raising the debt ceiling

I do you are right when you say all of those people are her base. Then Obama will lose worse than Carter and Mondale

red states rule
08-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah.. why should you listen to the people that voted you in.. it's not like you are a civil servant or anything. Sheesh.

I remeber libs like Chuck Todd being "shocked" that Tea Party freshmen were doing what they ran on, not being bought with earmarks or promises of re-election funds, and not caring if they won re-election

It shows you the mindset of the liberal media "reporters"

red states rule
08-15-2011, 11:24 AM
and the liberal media begin their increased and insane attacks........

A Christian Plot for Domination?

Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry aren't just devout—both have deep ties to a fringe fundamentalist movement known as Dominionism, which says Christians should rule the world.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/14/dominionism-michele-bachmann-and-rick-perry-s-dangerous-religious-bond.html

SassyLady
08-16-2011, 12:47 AM
The way he questioned her about why would she bother to listen to the people that elected her ... he virtually came out and said that the people of this nation do not know what is best for them ... the liberal elites in Washington know what is best for the people ... how condescending and patriarchal.

I think that if we are the people that have to live with the decision, then we should have a say so in that decision.

red states rule
08-16-2011, 03:43 AM
The way he questioned her about why would she bother to listen to the people that elected her ... he virtually came out and said that the people of this nation do not know what is best for them ... the liberal elites in Washington know what is best for the people ... how condescending and patriarchal.

I think that if we are the people that have to live with the decision, then we should have a say so in that decision.

Don;t tell me you are surprised by the attitude of the liberal media SL. This is how they will cover Ms Bachmann, and Gov Perry

Right now they know their boy Obama is in DEEP trouble and they are determined to smear and destroy anyone who presents a threat to their guy and the power base of the Dems

In 2008 the liberal media carrried Obama across the finsh line and journalism in America dies

In 2012 they will be the offinsive front line for the Obama campaign and operate a 24/7 search and destroy mission on any Obama opponent

KartRacerBoy
08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
In 2008 the liberal media carrried Obama across the finsh line and journalism in America dies

You are off by about 5 years. Journalism died in 2003 during the buildup to the Iraq war when the media bought the Bush Administration's and Congress' lines without critical examination. Yeah. Jumpin' on the war bandwagon!

red states rule
08-16-2011, 10:59 AM
You are off by about 5 years. Journalism died in 2003 during the buildup to the Iraq war when the media bought the Bush Administration's and Congress' lines without critical examination. Yeah. Jumpin' on the war bandwagon!

You do live in an upside down world Kart. I remember the liberal media leading the way in opposing the war. Chris Matthews, Keith Overbite, the NY Times, Washington Compost, and others were their covering the "rush to war" over the MONTHS leading up to start of the war

The liberal media clearly openly supported Obama, and contniue to wave the pom poms for him on a daily basis. They continue to make excuses for him, try to blame others for his failures, and regardless who the R's put up as his opponent - the liberal media will savage that person and his/her family as they did Sarah Palin

KartRacerBoy
08-16-2011, 12:14 PM
You do live in an upside down world Kart. I remember the liberal media leading the way in opposing the war. Chris Matthews, Keith Overbite, the NY Times, Washington Compost, and others were their covering the "rush to war" over the MONTHS leading up to start of the war

The liberal media clearly openly supported Obama, and contniue to wave the pom poms for him on a daily basis. They continue to make excuses for him, try to blame others for his failures, and regardless who the R's put up as his opponent - the liberal media will savage that person and his/her family as they did Sarah Palin

SOME in the media looked hard at the Iraq war, but it was a mere whisper in the gale of the rush to war, IMO. (I don't watch partisan political shows from either side as they both piss me off. I believe that the media should TRY to be objective even if acheivment of such a goal is imperfect). Methinks the media tends too much to simply let politicians get out their talking points without hard questioning. They are just happy to get an interview and don't want to be cut out if they attack the ideas of the politicians. And that is true on both sides of the political isle. Obama's administration has upped the ante on this, but it's a clear trend from both parties.

logroller
08-16-2011, 02:11 PM
SOME in the media looked hard at the Iraq war, but it was a mere whisper in the gale of the rush to war, IMO. (I don't watch partisan political shows from either side as they both piss me off. I believe that the media should TRY to be objective even if acheivment of such a goal is imperfect). Methinks the media tends too much to simply let politicians get out their talking points without hard questioning. They are just happy to get an interview and don't want to be cut out if they attack the ideas of the politicians. And that is true on both sides of the political isle. Obama's administration has upped the ante on this, but it's a clear trend from both parties.

I might add--it is a common misconception the media puts anything but entertainment value first-- I put about as much stock in msmbc and foxnews as I do in fortune cookies.
http://tshirtgroove.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/you-have-just-eaten-poison-tshirt.jpg

KartRacerBoy
08-16-2011, 02:32 PM
I might add--it is a common misconception the media puts anything but entertainment value first-- I put about as much stock in msmbc and foxnews as I do in fortune cookies.
http://tshirtgroove.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/you-have-just-eaten-poison-tshirt.jpg

The advent of network news programs having to compete with the cable 24 hour new cycle doomed it. News then became a "profit center" for networks and they lost the principle of civil responsibility. They may not have been totally unbiased, but it beats the info news we have nowadays when it's nearly impossible to separate the spin from the facts.

Shadow
08-16-2011, 09:42 PM

It died way before that IMO. I noticed the left bias in the media when I first started really getting into politics during the 2000 election...and I'm sure it didn't start there either.

red states rule
08-17-2011, 03:25 AM

Considering most of the "reporters" who "report" the news are self admitted liberals and donate money to Dems - they no longer even try to hide their bias

If fact about 13 "reporters" (the number might be higher) made it offical and went to work for the Obama administration

Rush Limbaugh summed it up perfectly with this comment

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/104664" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>