PDA

View Full Version : IF.........

chloe
08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
If ConHog was a History Lesson

What time frame in History would he represent and what would be the moral of his lesson?

ConHog
08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
If ConHog was a History Lesson

What time frame in History would he represent and what would be the moral of his lesson?

If I were a time frame I would be the 1700s When chivalry was expected from men and women responded correctly to it. Sorry today I see men who are pigs and women who quite frankly deserve pigs.

The lesson would be give what you expect in return.

J.T
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
He's be the second half of the American Era and the lesson would be that universal suffrage is a fail

ConHog
08-15-2011, 01:38 PM
He's be the second half of the American Era and the lesson would be that universal suffrage is a fail

You sir are the fail. Really, you're so jealous of me that you have to bring your petty little whines into the lounge to try to derail a thread someone started for fun?

Shoo fly.

J.T
08-15-2011, 01:52 PM
jealous? :lol:

You followed me here when I left the other board

ConHog
08-15-2011, 02:26 PM
jealous? :lol:

You followed me here when I left the other board

Incorrect. I didn't even know you had came here after you hacked the other board.

chloe
08-15-2011, 10:29 PM
definately a story about chivalry

ConHog
08-15-2011, 10:32 PM
definately a story about chivalry

I like to think that if I had been around I would have been a Knight.

chloe
08-15-2011, 10:35 PM

You studied history right? so what was one of your favorite eras and what do you think we could learn from it today?

ConHog
08-15-2011, 10:42 PM
You studied history right? so what was one of your favorite eras and what do you think we could learn from it today?

I love the history of the early Holy Roman Empire. We COULD learn many things , obviously we haven't though.

Kathianne
08-15-2011, 10:42 PM

While I love the idea of medieval times, wouldn't want to have lived through them. In many ways I like colonial and Revolutionary times in US history. Women had a real role in survival. Times of big ideas. In the first it was learning to survive. In the later it was learning to survive, then thrive.

ConHog
08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
While I love the idea of medieval times, wouldn't want to have lived through them. In many ways I like colonial and Revolutionary times in US history. Women had a real role in survival. Times of big ideas. In the first it was learning to survive. In the later it was learning to survive, then thrive.

Being a woman in medieval times wasn't so bad if you were nobility. Now if you were one of the peasants, yeah life sucked, doubly so if you were a woman.

chloe
08-15-2011, 10:53 PM

what is your favorite story in history?

chloe
08-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I love the history of the early Holy Roman Empire. We COULD learn many things , obviously we haven't though.

Can you elaborate just a little more? I havent studied history myself. I know people always make reference to the romans and I know they were in power alot, and then people make remarks about the rise and fall of romans, was there any famous romans that stick out as a good example and some as a bad example like a particular story that stuck with you?

Kathianne
08-15-2011, 11:01 PM
what is your favorite story in history?

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/siddhartha.html

Prince Lemon
08-15-2011, 11:02 PM
There was a perfect film The Time Maschine (2001).Going to the future world as Moon fell down.

SassyLady
08-16-2011, 12:40 AM

I see you as a Samuri ... could be the avatar, subliminally!

ConHog
08-16-2011, 09:09 AM
I see you as a Samuri ... could be the avatar, subliminally!

Oh, that is SOOOOOOOOOO perfect. I even own a Katana. Yes , I'm a Highlander nerd.

SassyLady
08-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh, that is SOOOOOOOOOO perfect. I even own a Katana. Yes , I'm a Highlander nerd.

:coffee:

chloe
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/siddhartha.html

woulda thunk this is your favorite history account WOW, cool !

There was a small country in what is now southern Nepal that was ruled by a clan called the Shakyas. The head of this clan, and the king of this country, was named Shuddodana Gautama, and his wife was the beautiful Mahamaya. Mahamaya was expecting her first born. She had had a strange dream in which a baby elephant had blessed her with his trunk, which was understood to be a very auspicious sign to say the least. As was the custom of the day, when the time came near for Queen Mahamaya to have her child, she traveled to her father's kingdom for the birth. But during the long journey, her birth pains began. In the small town of Lumbini, she asked her handmaidens to assist her to a nearby grove of trees for privacy. One large tree lowered a branch to her to serve as a support for her delivery. They say the birth was nearly painless, even though the child had to be delivered from her side. After, a gentle rain fell on the mother and the child to cleanse them.
It is said that the child was born fully awake. He could speak, and told his mother he had come to free all mankind from suffering. He could stand, and he walked a short distance in each of the four directions. Lotus blossoms rose in his footsteps. They named him Siddhartha, which means "he who has attained his goals." Sadly, Mahamaya died only seven days after the birth. After that Siddhartha was raised by his mother’s kind sister, Mahaprajapati.
King Shuddodana consulted Asita, a well-known sooth-sayer, concerning the future of his son. Asita proclaimed that he would be one of two things: He could become a great king, even an emperor. Or he could become a great sage and savior of humanity. The king, eager that his son should become a king like himself, was determined to shield the child from anything that might result in him taking up the religious life. And so Siddhartha was kept in one or another of their three palaces, and was prevented from experiencing much of what ordinary folk might consider quite commonplace. He was not permitted to see the elderly, the sickly, the dead, or anyone who had dedicated themselves to spiritual practices. Only beauty and health surrounded Siddhartha.
Siddhartha grew up to be a strong and handsome young man. As a prince of the warrior caste