PDA

View Full Version : Moving anyone?

Mr. P
05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I've known the moving industry have had some underhanded practices in the past, but DAMN, it sounds worse now.

If you're in need of a mover be sure to check this out.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/movers/moving_companies.htm

jackass
05-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I HOPE so! I put in for a new position in Wilmington, NC if I get it...I would double my pay. :)

Mr. P
05-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I HOPE so! I put in for a new position in Wilmington, NC if I get it...I would double my pay. :)

Charleston to Wilmington? Tuff call man, but $$$ talks. :)

Pale Rider
05-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I've known the moving industry have had some underhanded practices in the past, but DAMN, it sounds worse now.

If you're in need of a mover be sure to check this out.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/movers/moving_companies.htm

My parents just hired a moving company and moved from Phoenix back to Wisconsin. Cost them a small fortune, and lots of stuff got damaged. They would "throw" stuff into the truck. My parents aren't the type to take this sort of treatment lying down. They threatened law suit, so the company's insurance paid reimbursments.

Said1
05-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I hired movers for the first time ever a few weeks ago,. NEVER again. EVERYTHING was scratched. They tried to convince me that two major peices of furniture wouldn't fit (couch and wall unit) until I MEASURED THE DOOR FRAME AND FURNITURE MYSELF. This was after one halfassed attempt. Idiots. Cost a fortune too and I only moved a block away.

Nienna
05-12-2007, 04:36 PM
We're country folk. Our movers are all related, or grew up with us. :)

Said1
05-12-2007, 04:38 PM

That's the way to do it no matter where you live. NEVER AGAIN! I don't care how much beer I have to buy! :cheers2:

Pale Rider
05-12-2007, 08:19 PM

That's it exactly. But, my parents are getting up there. Pa is 80 in August, and ma is 78. They just couldn't do it. They were kind of at the mercy of these assholes.