PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC to bring in RAY NAGIN to talk about hurricane preparedness. Yes, really.

Little-Acorn
08-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Words fail me.

Aw, sh*t, here's the link. Look it up yourselves.

--------------------------------

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2011/08/26/seriously-msnbc-brings-ray-nagin-discuss-hurricane-preparedness#ixzz1WAwv3Cg6

Bashir was "delighted" to have Nagin on the program and began by asking about the response of political leaders to the storm: "Is it your view, sir, that they are handling preparations for this hurricane in the best way possible?" Bashir followed up by wondering: "...with the benefit of your experience, what are the critical actions that you think need to be taken to ensure that Hurricane Irene, or any other act of mother nature, does not become Katrina, Part II?"

In response, Nagin lent his "experience" to others: "I wrote a book recently...and I lay out specifically what we did. I think the most critical things are right before the storm hits, to make sure that the public understands the severity, and they start to evacuate in an orderly fashion." During the segment, an image appeared on screen of the city school buses then-Mayor Nagin allowed to be flooded instead of being used for evacuations.

Gaffer
08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Sounds like something that should have been aired on the comedy channel. Maybe they could follow it up with an interview of the Norway shooter about how to prevent mass shootings?

First thing you need is chocolate, lots of chocolate.

KarlMarx
08-26-2011, 08:57 PM
What
Sounds like something that should have been aired on the comedy channel. Maybe they could follow it up with an interview of the Norway shooter about how to prevent mass shootings?

First thing you need is chocolate, lots of chocolate.

What next? Will they bring in Casey Anthony to give us tips on how to raise children?

Little-Acorn
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
What

What next? Will they bring in Casey Anthony to give us tips on how to raise children?

Lindsay Lohan on responsible community behavior?

OJ Simpson on postmarital couples support?

Al Sharpton on improving race relations?

SassyLady
08-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Barney Franks on ethical behavior?

red states rule
08-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Bill Clinton on marital fidelity?

Nancy Pelosi on open government?

OCA on humility?

logroller
08-27-2011, 04:31 AM
...Obama on presidency?

red states rule
08-27-2011, 04:33 AM
...Obama on presidency?

More like Obama on leadership

SassyLady
08-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Weiner on decorum?

red states rule
08-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Weiner on decorum?

Charlie Rangel on tax law

Chris Matthews on the ethics of journalism

SassyLady
08-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Charlie Rangel on tax law

Chris Matthews on the ethics of journalism

ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NYT ....etc on responsible journalism.

red states rule
08-27-2011, 06:07 AM
ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NYT ....etc on responsible journalism.

OCA on civility, courtesy, politeness, and virtue

Virgil on the word of God

Gunny
08-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Words fail me.

Aw, sh*t, here's the link. Look it up yourselves.

--------------------------------

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2011/08/26/seriously-msnbc-brings-ray-nagin-discuss-hurricane-preparedness#ixzz1WAwv3Cg6

Bashir was "delighted" to have Nagin on the program and began by asking about the response of political leaders to the storm: "Is it your view, sir, that they are handling preparations for this hurricane in the best way possible?" Bashir followed up by wondering: "...with the benefit of your experience, what are the critical actions that you think need to be taken to ensure that Hurricane Irene, or any other act of mother nature, does not become Katrina, Part II?"

In response, Nagin lent his "experience" to others: "I wrote a book recently...and I lay out specifically what we did. I think the most critical things are right before the storm hits, to make sure that the public understands the severity, and they start to evacuate in an orderly fashion." During the segment, an image appeared on screen of the city school buses then-Mayor Nagin allowed to be flooded instead of being used for evacuations.

Just when you think MSNBC can't look any more stupid ....:laugh:

Nagin's role, as well as Blanco's, during Katrina can only be described as FUBAR. That anyone would try to use either as credible authorities is beyond belief. That is unless they were doing a show on exactly what NOT to do.

red states rule
08-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Just when you think MSNBC can't look any more stupid ....:laugh:

Nagin's role, as well as Blanco's, during Katrina can only be described as FUBAR. That anyone would try to use either as credible authorities is beyond belief. That is unless they were doing a show on exactly what NOT to do.

With a lineup of Matthews, Schultz, Maddow, and others the level of stupidity that MSNBC can sink to is limitless

KarlMarx
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I often think that when the day that Barak Obama finally steps down as president that he will be sought out by news channels and left wing organizations for his insight, expertise and, most of all, his comments on what the Republicans and Conservatives are doing wrong and how he would have tackled the situation.

I think Rush once said that if you fail as a Left winger, it doesn't matter, just so long as you keep the hard Left Wing line... you'll have speaking engagements, and money coming at you for the rest of your life. That seems to be true, too. Look at Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. Nice work if you can get it.

Gunny
08-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I often think that when the day that Barak Obama finally steps down as president that he will be sought out by news channels and left wing organizations for his insight, expertise and, most of all, his comments on what the Republicans and Conservatives are doing wrong and how he would have tackled the situation.

I think Rush once said that if you fail as a Left winger, it doesn't matter, just so long as you keep the hard Left Wing line... you'll have speaking engagements, and money coming at you for the rest of your life. That seems to be true, too. Look at Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. Nice work if you can get it.

When you get rid of all the whitewash and/or pure shit the left has swept over the entire topic with you come up with two facts:

Nagin refused to begin evacuations because he was afraid it would hurt tourism; and,

Blanco refused to request Federal assistance simply for partisan, leftwingnut reasons, even after Bush requested she do so. By the time she DID ask, it was too late. Then the left went on a smear campaign to blame everything on Bush and his administration.

I've personally been through several hurricanes and several near misses in both Texas and Florida, not to mention a couple of typhoons in Okinawa. None were the fiasco Nagin and Blanco ... and lest we forget ... people too f-ing stupid to get out from in front of a Cat 5 hurricane ... turned Katrina into.

logroller
08-27-2011, 03:13 PM
When you get rid of all the whitewash and/or pure shit the left has swept over the entire topic with you come up with two facts:

Nagin refused to begin evacuations because he was afraid it would hurt tourism; and,

Blanco refused to request Federal assistance simply for partisan, leftwingnut reasons, even after Bush requested she do so. By the time she DID ask, it was too late. Then the left went on a smear campaign to blame everything on Bush and his administration.

I've personally been through several hurricanes and several near misses in both Texas and Florida, not to mention a couple of typhoons in Okinawa. None were the fiasco Nagin and Blanco ... and lest we forget ... people too f-ing stupid to get out from in front of a Cat 5 hurricane ... turned Katrina into.

:clap:

I realized this when a news report stated that much of the area below sea level was flooded.

Little-Acorn
08-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Ray Nagin, former Mayor of New Orleans, LA.

Home of the free bus-wash.

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/graphics/buses.jpg

Gunny
08-27-2011, 08:13 PM
:clap: I realized this when a news report stated that much of the area below sea level was flooded. The perfect picture of the Nanny State Obama and his followers would have us be. Wide-eyed, staring down a Cat 5 hurricane, waiting for "Big Brother" Bush to "miracle" their asses out of it. When that didn't happen, the unaffected on the left started running their mouths pointing fingers and making excuses in a frenzy of left wing BS propaganda via the media while the same wide-eyed innocents that stood dumbfounded as Katrina hit took pot shots with firearms at the relief helicopters. Brilliant. A perfect example of the left indoctrinating self-preservation out of its drones.