PDA

View Full Version : Gore: Eat less meat to fight warming

red states rule
08-27-2011, 05:32 AM
Seems Al Gore can't accept the fact more and more people don't buy his global wrming money making scam.

Looking at recent pics, Al himslef is chowing down pretty good on something - and I would not be surprised if there were some 1/4 pd or 1/3 pd burgers mixed in there

Al Gore wants society to ditch meat-heavy diets and go organic to combat global warming.

"Industrial agriculture is a part of the problem,” Gore said Friday during an interview (http://www.ustream.tv/fearlessqa) with FearLess Revolution founder Alex Bogusky. “The shift toward a more meat-intensive diet,” the clearing of forest areas in many parts of the world in order to raise more cattle and the reliance on synthetic nitrogen for fertilizer are also problems, he added.

Instead, Gore advocated organic farming and relying on “more productive, safer methods that put carbon back in the soil” to produce “safer and better food.”

In addition to big farms, Gore took a shot at the mining industry, calling mountaintop-removal mining a “horrible practice” that is “just incredibly harmful to the environment and to people.”

The former vice president also criticized climate change skeptics, urging those who support curbs to greenhouse gases to “win the conversation” when it comes to global warming. He compared the struggle against climate skeptics to the fight against racism during the civil rights movement.

When racist comments would come up in the course of conversations, “There came a time when people said, 'Hey man, why do you talk that way? That's wrong, I don't go for that, so don't talk that way around me. I just don't believe that.'”

That happened in millions of conversations, and slowly the conversation was won,” he said. “And we still have racism, God knows, but it's so different now and so much better. And we have to win the conversation on climate.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62160.html#ixzz1WEgX64N0

SassyLady
08-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Seems Al Gore can't accept the fact more and more people don't buy his global wrming money making scam.

Looking at recent pics, Al himslef is chowing down pretty good on something - and I would not be surprised if there were some 1/4 pd or 1/3 pd burgers mixed in there

yep ... had one of those conversations at the grocery store the other day ... was asked if I wanted paper or plastic ... I said paper. A young lady thought it was her duty to tell me that forests were being destroyed making grocery bags... and I said that they were being replanted ... however, the plastic bags were worse for the environment. She acted like she had never been told that forests were being replanted. She was definitely won over through some type of indoctrination....she was only 15.

I told her that I normally have my own bags, but was in a friend's car so didn't have them at that moment, but if have to make a choice...will choose paper.

red states rule
08-27-2011, 05:49 AM
yep ... had one of those conversations at the grocery store the other day ... was asked if I wanted paper or plastic ... I said paper. A young lady thought it was her duty to tell me that forests were being destroyed making grocery bags... and I said that they were being replanted ... however, the plastic bags were worse for the environment. She acted like she had never been told that forests were being replanted. She was definitely won over through some type of indoctrination....she was only 15.

I told her that I normally have my own bags, but was in a friend's car so didn't have them at that moment, but if have to make a choice...will choose paper.

First they came for my paper bag

Then my light bulbs

Now my hamburger

With all the cows farting I guess they will come after my gallon of milk next

SassyLady
08-27-2011, 05:50 AM
First they came for my paper bag

Then my light bulbs

Now my hamburger

With all the cows farting I guess they will come after my gallon of milk next

Didn't you hear???? Soldiers are no longer allowed to fart ... it offends the Afghanis.

They’re not supposed to cuss because it could be misunderstood (that one goes out the window a lot). And they stay away from talking about politics, religion or girls because those topics could escalate into major disagreements (they can’t communicate anyway because of the language barrier).
But farting? That’s practically a sport. Ok, it’s not soccer, but a good contest could open the door for cross-cultural exchanges, jokes and other gallows

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/310782#ixzz1WE2ZXcGF (http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/310782)

red states rule
08-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Didn't you hear???? Soldiers are no longer allowed to fart ... it offends the Afghanis.

I must have been to busy chowing down on the Double Whopper with cheese, stocking up on 100 watt light bulbs, and turning up my A/C during the recent heat wave

SassyLady
08-27-2011, 06:02 AM
I must have been to busy chowing down on the Double Whopper with cheese, stocking up on 100 watt light bulbs, and turning up my A/C during the recent heat wave

Good thing you are not in Afghanistan...all that meat and cheese could get you in trouble.

Gunny
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM

I suppose we could just buy carbon credits in lieu of giving up the ribeyes. Why not? Gore does it for using 3-4 times the amount of electricity as the average person.

red states rule
08-27-2011, 09:43 AM
I suppose we could just buy carbon credits in lieu of giving up the ribeyes. Why not? Gore does it for using 3-4 times the amount of electricity as the average person.

Thatn was in his old house - not the mutli room beachfront house he bought shortly beofre Tipper dumped him

I don't understand why Al would buy a place with 6 fireplaces if the Earth is getting warmer?

BTW there is not ONE solar panel to be found in his multi million dollar house

ConHog
08-27-2011, 02:33 PM

I think I'll keep my 2" thick 180 dry aged Porterhouses.

Gunny
08-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Thatn was in his old house - not the mutli room beachfront house he bought shortly beofre Tipper dumped him

I don't understand why Al would buy a place with 6 fireplaces if the Earth is getting warmer?

BTW there is not ONE solar panel to be found in his multi million dollar house

Six fireplaces in a beachfront house? Weird.

ConHog
08-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Six fireplaces in a beachfront house? Weird.

Depends on where the beach is located.

Fuck Al Gore, but I can definitely see needing fireplaces on some beaches.

KartRacerBoy
08-27-2011, 03:03 PM
In the late 80s/early90s, the EPA's climate program advocated taking environmental action in response to climate change that made sense for other reasons. So we advocated fuel and energy efficiency, beach setbacks for housing, etc.

My family doesn't eat that much meat. My wife, daughter, and I split a single large chicken breast for dinnner, or a NY strip steak. More for health reasons than anything else.

And yet I still carry 50 lbs too much! It is a mystery...

red states rule
08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
In the late 80s/early90s, the EPA's climate program advocated taking environmental action in response to climate change that made sense for other reasons. So we advocated fuel and energy efficiency, beach setbacks for housing, etc.

My family doesn't eat that much meat. My wife, daughter, and I split a single large chicken breast for dinnner, or a NY strip steak. More for health reasons than anything else.

Perhaps it is the gallons of Obama Kool Aid you drink on a daily basis

ConHog
08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Perhaps it is the gallons of Obama Kool Aid you drink on a daily basis

That was funny, I don't care who you are.

red states rule
08-27-2011, 04:15 PM
That was funny, I don't care who you are.

Like the ump in baseball, I call em as I see em

Gunny
08-27-2011, 04:21 PM

The EPA is just another pointless tentacle of the bureaucracy. They've never proven for a fact global warming is man-made regardless whether or not it is in fact happening; which, is also questionable. Taking action on theories is just dumb.

I'm eating the steak. Call it my contribution to taking out some of those methane-emitting cow-critters.

red states rule
08-27-2011, 04:26 PM
The EPA is just another pointless tentacle of the bureaucracy. They've never proven for a fact global warming is man-made regardless whether or not it is in fact happening; which, is also questionable. Taking action on theories is just dumb.

I'm eating the steak. Call it my contribution to taking out some of those methane-emitting cow-critters.

Even with the fake research exposed the left and liberal media still believe the global warming crap

I read a story about the global warming programs used that have a "fudge factor"

Seems nothing will make the left admit the truth about the myth of global wamring

Excuse me while I flip the meat of my George Forman grill

Gunny
08-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Even with the fake research exposed the left and liberal media still believe the global warming crap

I read a story about the global warming programs used that have a "fudge factor"

Seems nothing will make the left admit the truth about the myth of global wamring

The jury's still out with me on global warming. Not so the "man-made" BS with no actual proof. The Earth does go through cyclical climate change and has throughout its history, man or no. I'd be far more willing to accept THAT than a bunch of chicken little dorks running around trying to fix something without even knowing the cause of the problem IF there even is one.

I'll take mine medium-rare.

Gaffer
08-27-2011, 04:37 PM
mmmm beans. I'm doing all I can to increase methane gas productions. Also just thawed out a steak and picked up a bag of hamburger patties yesterday.

Gunny
08-27-2011, 04:41 PM
mmmm beans. I'm doing all I can to increase methane gas productions. Also just thawed out a steak and picked up a bag of hamburger patties yesterday.

:laugh:

red states rule
08-27-2011, 04:41 PM
The jury's still out with me on global warming. Not so the "man-made" BS with no actual proof. The Earth does go through cyclical climate change and has throughout its history, man or no. I'd be far more willing to accept THAT than a bunch of chicken little dorks running around trying to fix something without even knowing the cause of the problem IF there even is one.

I'll take mine medium-rare.

I saw a guy from the weather channe lwho made a 15 min presentation showing we are in the same weather patterns as we were during the 50's and 60's

Once again, how can we take these people seriously when all the other gloom and doom stories they have said would happen have NEVER happened

I also remember how the enviro wackos said for years the lack of snow in DC was the result of global warming. They changed their tune fast after our last winter, but they were still exposed as frauds and many have not forgot

TheShadowKNows
08-27-2011, 08:33 PM

The sum total of people, even considering the brain damaged left, that puts any credence in anything that gORE says. Is at this time, substaincially lower than any of the other lobotomy victims that "pretend" to be running the show.
From bLOOMBERG, to pELOSI, to wALTERS, to bOXER, to bIDEN, to cONYERS, and so on and so on. No one, but no one from any political party, has ever fallen so hard, and so fast, and so far from grace than the author of the biggest book of lies ever published about the environment.
While indelibly "proving" his guilt when questioned about the apparent inconsistencies found within his conclusions, he literally RAN away from the inquisitors ( on film ).
Gutless, Stupid, Incompetent, and Insidious are a poor combination of survival tools to be depending on, when subject to the scrutinizing public eye of the Mass's.
For as Abe Lincoln said; "You can fool some of the people some of the time, and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".
PS; If he really did care about the environmental balance, he would leave some food for the rest of us..........wouldn't you?

KartRacerBoy
08-27-2011, 09:50 PM

Strike 3. You kinda missed the point of everything I said. But enjoy your beef.

red states rule
08-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Strike 3. You kinda missed the point of everything I said. But enjoy your beef.

Hmm, I was not even responding to you hotshot. However, how your beloved EPA respond to a problem that is made up of flawed and fake research?

<OBJECT width="518" height="419"><EMBED height=419 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=518 src=http://www.mrctv.org/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdaGkUIrDk allowfullscreen="true"></OBJECT>

red states rule
08-28-2011, 03:42 AM
and more liberal hypocrisy from Mr Global Warming.

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105079" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Noir
09-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Regardless of global warming, mea free is *much* more land efficient and considering the over-population/ food problem heading our way it wouldn't be unwise to try and have a less meat focoused diet than most have.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Regardless of global warming, mea free is *much* more land efficient and considering the over-population/ food problem heading our way it wouldn't be unwise to try and have a less meat focoused diet than most have.

There is less meat in the world now Noir

While I was at my GF's house we chowed down on alot of thick steaks we cooked on the grill

Damn, what a carbon footprint we created this past weekend :laugh2:

Binky
09-05-2011, 08:10 AM

I guess our FDA has been allowing bad foods to be sold in this country as apparently Gore thinks our food could be safer and better. :laugh2: Last time I saw a pic of him, (about two years ago), his lard ass seemed to be eating just fine. If he wants to eat healthier, then maybe he should stop shoving all the saucy, rich foods down his pie hole and push away from the table on occasion. Might help to stay away from any alcoholic drinks too, since booze is filled with calories. But then, he's a politician, and needs all that comfort crap to wade thru all the crap he and his cronies are dishing out to the rest of us. :laugh2:

red states rule
09-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I guess our FDA has been allowing bad foods to be sold in this country as apparently Gore thinks our food could be safer and better. :laugh2: Last time I saw a pic of him, (about two years ago), his lard ass seemed to be eating just fine. If he wants to eat healthier, then maybe he should stop shoving all the saucy, rich foods down his pie hole and push away from the table on occasion. Might help to stay away from any alcoholic drinks too, since booze is filled with calories. But then, he's a politician, and needs all that comfort crap to wade thru all the crap he and his cronies are dishing out to the rest of us. :laugh2:

Binky, Al Gore has been eating very well

Look at all the crow he has to eat over global warming, er - sorry - climate change

Binky
09-05-2011, 08:14 AM
There is less meat in the world now Noir

While I was at my GF's house we chowed down on alot of thick steaks we cooked on the grill

Damn, what a carbon footprint we created this past weekend :laugh2:

It seems your steaks have put in an appearance at my home as well. Also, ours don't come close to ones I've seen in Texas tho'. They aren't foolin' around when it comes to "everything is bigger and better in Texas." LOLOLOLOL! Even the bullcrap is deeper.....:laugh2:

red states rule
09-05-2011, 08:15 AM
It seems your steaks have put in an appearance at my home as well. Also, ours don't come close to ones I've seen in Texas tho'. They aren't foolin' around when it comes to "everything is bigger and better in Texas." LOLOLOLOL! Even the bullcrap is deeper.....:laugh2:

It was woderful watching the smoke rise up in the air as the steaks were cooking, and I was thinking about how muich bigger I was making that "ozone hole"

Oh well, pass the A-1 sauce

Binky
09-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Binky, Al Gore has been eating very well

Look at all the crow he has to eat over global warming, er - sorry - climate change

Well of course he's eating well, but healthy? :laugh2: Now that's another chapter in his crapola book. :laugh2: Can't you just see him and his cronies all sittin' around the table, noses stuck high in the air, and shovelin' down all the caloric, saucy meals they can push down their holes? And at the same time, telling us we shouldn't be eating the foods we're eating....Please..... :bang3: Whenever that man speaks, I have to look out the window to see if our planet is still here. :laugh2: :laugh2: Damn, he is so loaded with crapola his eyeballs are seepin' it.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Well of course he's eating well, but healthy? :laugh2: Now that's another chapter in his crapola book. :laugh2: Can't you just see him and his cronies all sittin' around the table, noses stuck high in the air, and shovelin' down all the caloric, saucy meals they can push down their holes? And at the same time, telling us we shouldn't be eating the foods we're eating....Please..... :bang3: Whenever that man speaks, I have to look out the window to see if our planet is still here. :laugh2: :laugh2: Damn, he is so loaded with crapola his eyeballs are seepin' it.

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/126323.jpg

Binky
09-05-2011, 08:25 AM
It was woderful watching the smoke rise up in the air as the steaks were cooking, and I was thinking about how muich bigger I was making that "ozone hole"

:laugh2: Yep, as I sit here I can see the carbon foot print our grillin' smoke has left on the planet. Now if we could get rid of all the smokin' farts, then maybe the planet would smell a lot better. :laugh2:

Binky
09-05-2011, 08:27 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/126323.jpg

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Now there's an advertisement his face looks perfect on. :coffee:

red states rule
09-05-2011, 08:29 AM
:laugh2: Yep, as I sit here I can see the carbon foot print our grillin' smoke has left on the planet. Now if we could get rid of all the smokin' farts, then maybe the planet would smell a lot better. :laugh2:

The Earth may one day end up like Mars Binky

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/122532.jpg

Binky
09-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Maybe we should make it mandatory that all politicians spend a couple of years on Mars....:laugh2::laugh2: Damn, they'd fit right in as most of the crapola they spiel is comin' from there anyway. :laugh2:

red states rule
09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Maybe we should make it mandatory that all politicians spend a couple of years on Mars....:laugh2::laugh2: Damn, they'd fit right in as most of the crapola they spiel is comin' from there anyway. :laugh2:

Al is the poster child for the enviro wackos

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/113745.jpg

Gunny
09-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Binky
09-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Well, he certainly isn't stupid, since he was able to con enough people to purchase his book giving him more money to shove in all the fattening, unhealthy, saucey and caloric filled foods. :laugh2: :laugh2: Since his global crap on warming went up like a lead balloon, I guess he's going to spiel hotair about healthier eating and while he's shoveling in the crapola himself. :poke: Go figure. We'll see how long he speils this one. :puke:

Gunny
09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Well, he certainly isn't stupid, since he was able to con enough people to purchase his book giving him more money to shove in all the fattening, unhealthy, saucey and caloric filled foods. :laugh2: :laugh2: Since his global crap on warming went up like a lead balloon, I guess he's going to spiel hotair about healthier eating and while he's shoveling in the crapola himself. :poke: Go figure. We'll see how long he speils this one. :puke:

Kind of the line of thought I was having. How is he even getting any media coverage? He's pretty much lost at everything he's tried to stick on us. He's proven himself a hypocrite and con man time and again and is just a downright joke. He holds no public office. The best thing he's done I'm aware of is spoof himself on SNL.

When I think of Gore I always think of Jimmy Carter. Another has been that won't just go away.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/167165.jpg

Binky
09-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Kind of the line of thought I was having. How is he even getting any media coverage? He's pretty much lost at everything he's tried to stick on us. He's proven himself a hypocrite and con man time and again and is just a downright joke. He holds no public office. The best thing he's done I'm aware of is spoof himself on SNL.

When I think of Gore I always think of Jimmy Carter. Another has been that won't just go away.

I guess the only reason he gets any sort of coverage now is because it's a slooooooooowwwwww news day.....If there isn't a murderer on loose causing havoc or another country for us to jam our noses in, then I guess any coverage is better than none.

When I think of Carter, I think of his brother, Billy and his Billy Beer. What a joke. Carter went back to his peanut farm and Gore went to snortin' 'em.... And since we're on the topic of having to think about someone in particular......when I think about Pres. Clinton, I can't get out of my mind the BJ and it's recipient that had the entire world on it's knees laughing except for we Americans who only wanted to crawl in a cave and stay there until the aftermath of hilarity wore off.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I guess the only reason he gets any sort of coverage now is because it's a slooooooooowwwwww news day.....If there isn't a murderer on loose causing havoc or another country for us to jam our noses in, then I guess any coverage is better than none.

When I think of Carter, I think of his brother, Billy and his Billy Beer. What a joke. Carter went back to his peanut farm and Gore went to snortin' 'em.....:laugh2:

He gets coverage because the liberal media also believes in the global warming crap and openly supports the "gren" agenda

So what if the same reporters drive big cars and live in large homes. Like Al, they demand we lower our standard of living for the sake of the collective

Binky
09-05-2011, 02:32 PM
He gets coverage because the liberal media also believes in the global warming crap and openly supports the "gren" agenda

So what if the same reporters drive big cars and live in large homes. Like Al, they demand we lower our standard of living for the sake of the collective

Yep.....so true. All too typical. They want the masses, we lowly ones, if you will, to live cheaper lifestyles while they, in turn, live lives of absurdly filled wealth bleeding the taxpayers around every corner they can find. And the wealthier they become, the more controlling they are.

ConHog
09-05-2011, 02:41 PM

I own 300 acres , anywhere from 75 to 100 head of cattle at any given time. I'll eat all the beef I would like to eat.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Yep.....so true. All too typical. They want the masses, we lowly ones, if you will, to live cheaper lifestyles while they, in turn, live lives of absurdly filled wealth bleeding the taxpayers around every corner they can find. And the wealthier they become, the more controlling they are.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/7/H/G/3/bumper-sticker-earth-chocolate.jpg

ConHog
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM

If you had to use A1 sauce, then you had some shitty and or over cooked steaks my friend.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 02:48 PM
If you had to use A1 sauce, then you had some shitty and or over cooked steaks my friend.

For 40 years, I have never ate a steak without A-1. A steak is not a steak without it Con

ConHog
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
For 40 years, I have never ate a steak without A-1. A steak is not a steak without it Con

Like I said then my friend, for 40 years you have been eating shitty meat. A good steak stands without condiment.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Like I said then my friend, for 40 years you have been eating shitty meat. A good steak stands without condiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpE9xSTU-fU

ConHog
09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpE9xSTU-fU

Pretty funny commercial, but still a condiment best suited for rotten and or over cooked steaks.

red states rule
09-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Pretty funny commercial, but still a condiment best suited for rotten and or over cooked steaks.

Well perhaos one day we can get tgether and you can cook me a steak the right way. In the meantime, I wlil grill em and then drown em in A-1

ConHog
09-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Well perhaos one day we can get tgether and you can cook me a steak the right way. In the meantime, I wlil grill em and then drown em in A-1

LOL It would my pleasure to have you over for a steak dinner sometime. But i do NOT cook to order, and I do NOT have A1, nor any other steak sauce, in my house.

red states rule
09-06-2011, 01:47 AM
LOL It would my pleasure to have you over for a steak dinner sometime. But i do NOT cook to order, and I do NOT have A1, nor any other steak sauce, in my house.

All I will request is that the steak is well done. :laugh2:

and perhaps some pepper please?

fj1200
09-06-2011, 09:02 AM
^No wonder you need A.1. :poke:

Binky
09-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Now that's hilarious considering the fact they love to lop of heads, which, I might add, I find highly offensive. But then, that's just me.

ConHog
09-06-2011, 11:04 AM
All I will request is that the steak is well done. :laugh2:

and perhaps some pepper please?

ANY steak that is cooked beyond an internal temperature of 165 degrees at my home is immediately served to the dogs. I would never serve an over cooked steak to a guest.

Seriously my man, why not just eat a well done boot? Same difference, cover it with A1, I'm sure it would be just as good.

fj1200
09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
His carbon footprint would be cut in half if... Oh, now I know why.

KartRacerBoy
09-06-2011, 12:13 PM
His carbon footprint would be cut in half if... Oh, now I know why.

DragonStryk72
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM

I also use canvas bags myself. They're dead useful, and they don't rip or tear on the way home and drop my soda or milk on the ground.

Helping the environment isn't really about stopping global warming for me. I think that since, as a Catholic, god gave us dominion over the Earth, it's our duty to watch after it. However, the problem is when you get people like Gore who ramp up the message, and cloud it, it just ends up hurting the whole argument. We can help the Earth without needless amounts of panic.

ConHog
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I also use canvas bags myself. They're dead useful, and they don't rip or tear on the way home and drop my soda or milk on the ground.

Helping the environment isn't really about stopping global warming for me. I think that since, as a Catholic, god gave us dominion over the Earth, it's our duty to watch after it. However, the problem is when you get people like Gore who ramp up the message, and cloud it, it just ends up hurting the whole argument. We can help the Earth without needless amounts of panic.

Same here, I believe in being good stewards of the Earth, but there is a limit, and there is common sense to be used.