PDA

View Full Version : Steve Montenegro's support for an extremist racial-profiling bill has earned him cred

chloe
08-28-2011, 03:33 PM
On a Sunday, in the Phoenix suburb of Surprise, state legislator Steve Montenegro stands behind the pulpit and preaches with confidence.
"Hermano, hermana, en su vida él no va dejar que se burlen de usted," he says in Spanish before transitioning into English. "Brother, sister, in your life he won't let anyone put you to shame."
An audience of about 40 people, mostly Latino, listens to him attentively as he punctuates every sentence with a wide smile.
In his second term in the Arizona state Legislature, the 29-year-old immigrant from El Salvador is the only elected Latino Republican in the Arizona House, and politicos on both sides of the aisle view him as a rising Republican star. Montenegro, who is running for reelection in 2012, is the product of a national effort by Republicans to recruit and train more Hispanic candidates for office—including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez—because they say Latino voters are shifting to the right.

Conservative Latinos praise him for immigrating legally, "the right way," as others called him a vendido, or sell-out, for supporting legislation like SB 1070, which makes it a state crime for unauthorized immigrants to be in Arizona. (Federal courts have stayed key parts of the law, pending a final decision on its constitutionality.)
Montenegro said he never mixes politics with his role in the church and vice-versa. But his family's church, the name of which he asked not to be mentioned in this article, has been an integral part of his life. He grew up looking up to his father, a Pentecostal pastor, speaking Spanish, and watching immigrant families like his struggle to make ends meet. "That's where my values come from," he says. "It's who I am."

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/steve-montenegro-gop-immigration

KartRacerBoy
08-28-2011, 04:54 PM
JT posts a story with no comment and gets criticized for violating forum rules, and yet chloe does the same and gets thanked becz people agree with the story's slant?

Talk about arbitrary and capricious. Where's the outrage now? :rolleyes:

Gaffer
08-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I thanked her for the link, I hadn't read the whole story yet. It did have something to do with stuff we talked about over the phone and I didn't need to comment at the time and neither did she. But feel free to jump in and defend JT every chance you get. He needs all the help he can get being a racist hate monger and all. Being as he's a skinhead your gonna have a hard time proving racial motivation tho. :thumb:

KartRacerBoy
08-28-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't enjoy JT, and if you look at one of his recent racist threads about blacks you'd realize that. Nor is this a criticism of chloe. I just wanted to point out the general hypocrisy of this forum. Jump on anyone you disagree with but rules aren't rules if you agree with the poster.

Sorry for you if you couldn't see that from my original post. I hope it is more clear for you now.

J.T
08-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Conservative Latinos praise him for immigrating legally, "the right way," as others called him a vendido, or sell-out, for supporting legislation like SB 1070, which makes it a state crime for unauthorized immigrants to be in Arizona

So he's 'selling out' by obeying the law and respecting American sovereignty? Is that like those negroes beating a girl in the subway for 'acting white' by doing her homework and not smoking crack and committing armed robberies. That's right, only White people believe in civilized society and order! Any non-white who believes in peaceful and civilized society with the rule of law are 'selling out' and 'acting White'. Any non-white who supports American sovereignty and the rule of law must be 'conservatives' and a minority. 'Liberals' are 'enlightened' and reject the White man's order and civilized culture.

Can we finally admit these off-brands are a problem stop the massive influx of non-Whites that's destroying the very fabric of American society?