PDA

View Full Version : If Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann Woukl Have Said This.........

red states rule
08-29-2011, 02:46 AM
So far very little coverage of this history rewrite can be found in the liberal media. Perhaps because a black liberal siad it?

I did not know Pres Lincoln is best remembered for signing the Declaration of Independence. Were you? The daughter of MLK thinks he did

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105085" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

ConHog
08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
So far very little coverage of this history rewrite can be found in the liberal media. Perhaps because a black liberal siad it?

I did not know Pres Lincoln is best remembered for signing the Declaration of Independence. Were you? The daughter of MLK thinks he did

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" height=360 src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105085" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Perhaps the media isn't reporting on it the way they would if Palin or Bachman had said it simply because in the grand scheme of things MLK's daughter is unimportant.

sundaydriver
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
This is what gets you out of bed at 3 AM? One sad puppy!

darin
08-29-2011, 11:04 AM
This is what gets you out of bed at 3 AM? One sad puppy!

Why the insult? Do you have issue with the gaff?

sundaydriver
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Yes! I take offense with the type of person that will go so far as to always take to extreme any misquote or misdeed by any one person and to use that to paint an entire group as wrong because of it. :no:

red states rule
08-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Perhaps the media isn't reporting on it the way they would if Palin or Bachman had said it simply because in the grand scheme of things MLK's daughter is unimportant.

It is not that she is unimportant

I believe it is because she is black. She is a liberal. Therefore she is given a pass

darin
08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes! I take offense with the type of person that will go so far as to always take to extreme any misquote or misdeed by any one person and to use that to paint an entire group as wrong because of it. :no:

What does that have to do with this topic? This topic is about LiberalMedia poking at EVERY conservative's mis-statements while ignoring those of their 'protected'.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 11:33 AM

So are you saying if ANY Republican, or ANY Tea Party member would have said the same thing - it would get the same amonut of non-coverage from the liberal media as it is getting now?

ConHog
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
It is not that she is unimportant

I believe it is because she is black. She is a liberal. Therefore she is given a pass

i don't think she's given a pass. I just think the two women you mentioned specifically are held to a higher standard because of their political aspirations.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 11:37 AM
i don't think she's given a pass. I just think the two women you mentioned specifically are held to a higher standard because of their political aspirations.

Well we will see if any host on MSNBC menetions the gaffe later tonight

I suspect they will not

Now if ANY Republican, or ANY Tea Party member it would get plenty of coverage

sundaydriver
08-29-2011, 11:49 AM
I hear plenty of gaffes by people that speak a lot. What I don't believe in is always trying to make mountains out of mole hills to justify an agenda! That persecution whining is all worn out!!

darin
08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I hear plenty of gaffes by people that speak a lot. What I don't believe in is always trying to make mountains out of mole hills to justify an agenda! That persecution whining is all worn out!!

We agree. Why is our media in the country doing those things, however, mostly/only when the mistake is made by somebody 'conservative' in nature? That's the real point of this thread IMO.

ConHog
08-29-2011, 12:22 PM
We agree. Why is our media in the country doing those things, however, mostly/only when the mistake is made by somebody 'conservative' in nature? That's the real point of this thread IMO.

It it is what it is. Ultimately, who cares? Anyone with a lick of fucking sense knows that people make mistakes. I could just easily ask you why you don't point out mistakes made by conservatives, but I already know the answer. It's no big deal, people have agendas.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 12:54 PM

How the liberal media covers gaffes from libs and conservatives

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn110829_cmyk20110829025540.jpg

red states rule
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
It it is what it is. Ultimately, who cares? Anyone with a lick of fucking sense knows that people make mistakes. I could just easily ask you why you don't point out mistakes made by conservatives, but I already know the answer. It's no big deal, people have agendas.

It is obvious everyone makes a verbal gaffe no and then. What is also clear is how the liberal media covers those gaffes

Liberals make honest mistake as all humans do, so there is no story here

Conservatives are stupid knuckle dragging neanderthals who have no business being in politics, and this shows how unqualified they are for public office

sundaydriver
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey rsr. Have you filled up with any of that $2 a gallon gas yet that someone promised? :laugh:

gabosaurus
08-29-2011, 11:50 PM
How the liberal media covers gaffes from libs and conservatives...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2a4plr5.jpg

red states rule
08-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Hey rsr. Have you filled up with any of that $2 a gallon gas yet that someone promised? :laugh:

SD, I thought you would be the last one to bring up campaign promises given you support for Obama

Have you seen unemployment stay below 8% after the trillion dollar stimulus? Have you seen where GITMO been closed down? Is the US out of Iraq and Afghanistan? What about those tax increases on people making less than $250,000/yr? Have the seniors seen their taxes cut to zero if they make less than $50,000/yr? Have you read all those bills passed in the Reid/Pelosi Congress online 72 hours before they were passed? Did you see all that pork in the stimulus bill that Obama promised would not be in the bill?

I could go on SD with the list of broken promises from Obama, but I know you don't care since he is one of your own

As far as Ms Bachmann, the price of gas would go down if drilling was opened up in the Gulf (Obama still has the ban in effect) and in other areas where the oil is at. Would it hit $2 gal - I don't know

But the cost of gas has doubled since Obama took office and the left has had little to say about it except to blame Bush and the oil companies

Not only would it increase supply but it would put people back to work and the unemployment rate would tick down a few points.

You would love the fact there would be more people paying taxes SD

More drilling is a good thing all around

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 12:27 PM
More drilling is a good thing all around? Really? Ask the folks living on the Gulf coast about that. I bet you'll get a different answer. Did you note that the state of Florida did not want their coast opened for drilling?

And the estimates I saw said opening up the coast for drilling would only affect the cost of a gallon of gas by mere cents, and it would take 8 or 10 years to even have that effect.

As long as oil companies respond like BP did to the Gulf spill, it it not worth the potential destruction of fisheries to open the way to extensive coastal drilling. If we are going to do it, though, pass a new oil tax to pay for a dedicated oil cleanup fleets to be placed along the coast. Make oil users pay for the cost of cleanup up front.

red states rule
08-31-2011, 02:22 AM
More drilling is a good thing all around? Really? Ask the folks living on the Gulf coast about that. I bet you'll get a different answer. Did you note that the state of Florida did not want their coast opened for drilling?

And the estimates I saw said opening up the coast for drilling would only affect the cost of a gallon of gas by mere cents, and it would take 8 or 10 years to even have that effect.

As long as oil companies respond like BP did to the Gulf spill, it it not worth the potential destruction of fisheries to open the way to extensive coastal drilling. If we are going to do it, though, pass a new oil tax to pay for a dedicated oil cleanup fleets to be placed along the coast. Make oil users pay for the cost of cleanup up front.

Kart, you really need to get your info from sources other than the NY Times or MSNBC.

Gulf resident do oppose the drilling ban. Their economy depends on the oil industry, and they are hurting due to the lack of jobs. Here are 2 links on the last polls available

http://abcnews.go.com/US/abc-news-poll-bp-oil-spill-impact-gulf/story?id=11163367

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-14/americans-in-73-majority-oppose-ban-on-deepwater-drilling-after-oil-spill.html

As far as the BP spill, it was overhyped like Irene was. There was no massive damage like the liberal media wanted. There was no lasting effects like the envior wackos were hoping for. I remember "reporters" standing on the beach waiting for oil to wash up - it never came

I read where you could take all the oil that spilled in the Gulf and it would not fill the Superdome in La.

Your insane desire to put another "tax" on the oil companies would only be passed on to the price at the pump and hurt the middle class people you claim to care about.

More liberal compaasion Kart? Spread the misery around equally?

red states rule
09-01-2011, 02:21 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb110831_cmyk20110830082721.jpg

J.T
09-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Who is this woman and why do we care about anything she says? Is she a presidential candidate? Seriously, who the hell is she?

red states rule
09-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Who is this woman and why do we care about anything she says? Is she a presidential candidate? Seriously, who the hell is she?

She is a libs worst nightmare. A strong, smart, successful conservative women

Anytime the left and liberal media hate someone as much as they do Ms Bachmann you know she something great to offer the nation

While she may not get the nomination, she is getting people talking about the failures of the Obama administration, and that is why libs are always on the attack

J.T
09-01-2011, 03:01 AM
She is a libs worst nightmare. A strong, smart, successful conservative women
Did you watch the same video in the OP I did? Did it change?

J.T
09-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Wait, you ARE the OP- what the fuck?!

red states rule
09-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Did you watch the same video in the OP I did? Did it change?

I thought you were referring to Michell Bachmann since the thread has taken a shift toward her. My mistake

The point of the OP was IF a Republican or Tea Party memebr made the same comment the liberal media would be all over it

But since black female lib made the gaffe it is ignored

J.T
09-01-2011, 03:16 AM
I thought you were referring to Michell Bachmann since the thread has taken a shift toward her. My mistake

The point of the OP was IF a Republican or Tea Party memebr made the same comment the liberal media would be all over it

But since black female lib made the gaffe it is ignored

Again, who the fuck is the bitch and why does she matter? Bachmann is a presidential candidate. Palin wsa VP candidate. As such, they represent a significant portion of their party's membership and their party as a whole (Palin was their nominated VP candidate, which means she officially represented the GOP and its view and policies).

Who is this woman and why does she matter? Obama or Bachmann saying something is one thing. Some random idiot on the street or some no-name representative from an unknown district is another.

red states rule
09-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Again, who the fuck is the bitch and why does she matter? Bachmann is a presidential candidate. Palin wsa VP candidate. As such, they represent a significant portion of their party's membership and their party as a whole (Palin was their nominated VP candidate, which means she officially represented the GOP and its view and policies).

Who is this woman and why does she matter? Obama or Bachmann saying something is one thing. Some random idiot on the street or some no-name representative from an unknown district is another.

She is MLK's daughter and she was giving a speech at the dedication of the MLK memorial.

As when any liberal makes a gaffe the liberal media ignores it. When a conservative, or a Republican, or Tea Party memebrs makes a gaffe - it is major news. The double standard is clear for all to see

J.T
09-01-2011, 03:24 AM
She is MLK's daughter and she was giving a speech at the dedication of the MLK memorial.

As when any liberal makes a gaffe the liberal media ignores it. When a conservative, or a Republican, or Tea Party memebrs makes a gaffe - it is major news. The double standard is clear for all to see

So she's some unimportant idiot trying to ride daddy's coattails?

Why did the media even bother with the story in the first place?

GOP media (FNC) doesn't jump on anything Democrats say? Looks like nobody in the media, save a few bloggers, paid this any attention on either side. It's a non-issue. Looks to me like you just want an excuse to cry about the media again. (BTW, last I heard, FNC was the largest cable news network with the highest ratings- can't get any more Mainstream than that).

What is it with you guys and the persecution complex?

red states rule
09-01-2011, 03:27 AM
So she's some unimportant idiot trying to ride daddy's coattails?

Why did the media even bother with the story in the first place?

GOP media (FNC) doesn't jump on anything Democrats say? Looks like nobody in the media, save a few bloggers, paid this any attention on either side. It's a non-issue. Looks to me like you just want an excuse to cry about the media again. (BTW, last I heard, FNC was the largest cable news network with the highest ratings- can't get any more Mainstream than that).

What is it with you guys and the persecution complex?

So are you saying the liberal media covers gaffes of all politicans equally?

Fox News had indeed covered gaffes of R's and has not tried to spin (or ignore) their gaffes as the liberal media does the Dems

Fox News creams the opposition because they do give both sides and does not wave the pom poms for one side as CNN and MSNBC does

J.T
09-01-2011, 03:33 AM
So are you saying the liberal media covers gaffes of all politicans equally?

I'm saying both sides do the same shit.

Fox News had indeed covered gaffes of R's and has not tried to spin (or ignore) their gaffes as the liberal media does the Dems

Fox News creams the opposition because they do give both sides and does not wave the pom poms for one side as CNN and MSNBC does:laugh:

They're nothing but the GOP establishment's propaganda wing- MSNBC's direct counterpart. That's why they openly admit to ignoring Ron Paul and why Palin and Huckabee were given shows in the first place. Same shit. Then we've the fact that their viewers are consistently misinformed and the who Glenn Beck thing, which MSNBC only recently mangaged to catch up to by giving Al Sharpton a damn show. They've got O'reilly, who could be Olbermann's twin brother for all I could tell them apart outside the particular flavour of their spin.

It's the same shit, just with a different colour food dye and a different box.

red states rule
09-01-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm saying both sides do the same shit.
:laugh:

They're nothing but the GOP establishment's propaganda wing- MSNBC's direct counterpart. That's why they openly admit to ignoring Ron Paul and why Palin and Huckabee were given shows in the first place. Same shit. Then we've the fact that their viewers are consistently misinformed and the who Glenn Beck thing, which MSNBC only recently mangaged to catch up to by giving Al Sharpton a damn show. They've got O'reilly, who could be Olbermann's twin brother for all I could tell them apart outside the particular flavour of their spin.

It's the same shit, just with a different colour food dye and a different box.

Have you seen the libs Fox News has on everyday giving their opinions? How many conservatives does MSNBC and CNN have on?

Bob Beckel has said he has taken alot of heat from libs for being on Fox News and has been called "not a real liberal" for taking the job. Then you have Juan Wiliams who was fired from NPR for daring to speak out on Muslims yet other NPR "reporters" openly atack Tea Party members and nothing is done

MSNBC has caught up to Fox? :laugh2:

The Scoreboard: Tuesday, August 30 (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/the-scoreboard-tuesday-august-30_b83533)

By Merrill Knox on August 31, 2011 5:16 PM
25-54 demographic (Live +SD)

Total day: FNC: 291 | MSNBC: 104 | CNN: 167 | HLN: 113

Primetime: FNC: 470 | MSNBC: 178 | CNN: 214 | HLN: 138

<TBODY>

5p:

6p:

7p:

8p:

9p:

10p:

11p:

12a:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/spacer.gif

FNC

Five:

Baier:

Shep:

O’Reilly:

Hannity:

Greta:

O’Reilly:

Hannity:

MSNBC

Matthews:

Sharpton:

Matthews:

O’Donnell:

Maddow:

EdShow:

O’Donnell:

Maddow:

CNN

Blitzer:

Blitzer:

KingUSA:

Cooper:

Morgan:

Cooper:

KingUSA:

Morgan:

HLN

Special:

Prime:

Issues:

Grace:

DrDrew:

Behar:

Showbiz:

DrDrew:

</TBODY>

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/the-scoreboard-tuesday-august-30_b83533#more-83533

Seems the viewers decide to get their news from a fair and balanced source JT