PDA

View Full Version : Biden Golfed in Hours Preceding Hurricane

red states rule
08-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Looks like Joe has learned alot form Obama. I guess Joe was not as worried about Irene like we were told to be

Delaware was pounded by Hurricane Irene on Saturday night, but Vice President Biden got in one last round of golf (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/28/biden-golfed-in-hours-preceding-hurricane/#) in his home state before the heavy stuff started coming down, Fox News has learned.

Biden played golf at a Wilmington-area course on Saturday morning, according to two sources familiar with his schedule.

Asked directly whether Biden played golf on Saturday, Biden's office would not comment to Fox News.

Biden's official schedule released Friday showed him spending down time at home in Wilmington after a 10-day official trip to Asia.

Later on Saturday with gusts of wind measuring up to 58 mph in one part of the state, Delaware Gov. Jack Markell (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/jack-markell.htm#r_src=ramp) ordered "driving restrictions" statewide, according to Delaware Online.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/28/biden-golfed-in-hours-preceding-hurricane/#ixzz1WQ7J5oa3

fj1200
08-29-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm mixed about this as a golfer it's nice when someone can get in a quick 18 but as a citizen it's best to keep Biden away from anyone with a decision to make. So win-win I guess.

ConHog
08-29-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm mixed about this as a golfer it's nice when someone can get in a quick 18 but as a citizen it's best to keep Biden away from anyone with a decision to make. So win-win I guess.

Biden jokes aside, this thread is a big ball of who cars.

Seriously, was Biden supposed to sit in a corner and cry until the hurricane had moved on? The man is entitled to a life.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 08:40 AM
It would have been nice had he shown some concern for his own state, but I guess technically it wasn't his responsibility anymore, but the Governor's.

ConHog
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
It would have been nice had he shown some concern for his own state, but I guess technically it wasn't his responsibility anymore, but the Governor's.

you really don't think he was concerned? Realistically speaking, what could he have done anyway? Probably not the ideal moment to go play golf, but I'm sure that with a job like his you take the chances where you can get them.

I won't judge him harshly for this one.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
you really don't think he was concerned? Realistically speaking, what could he have done anyway? Probably not the ideal moment to go play golf, but I'm sure that with a job like his you take the chances where you can get them.

I guess I am trying to hold Biden to the same standards the left held Pres Bush to during his 8 years

I suspect Biden's only concern is what he is going to do for a living starting after 12 noon on Jan 12, 2013

Gaffer
08-29-2011, 11:52 AM
I guess I am trying to hold Biden to the same standards the left held Pres Bush to during his 8 years

I suspect Biden's only concern is what he is going to do for a living starting after 12 noon on Jan 12, 2013

I think he's aiming for a late night talk show host spot. Doing one liners and talking to liberal guests that don't make him look stupid.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 12:59 PM

I am sure Biden and Obama will be "concerned" soon enough; and to prove it they will call for another "stimulus" to clean up from the storm

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
I agree with ConHog. These guys LIVE in their jobs. It isn't a 9 to 5 thing. I never begrudged GWB his ranch vacations. It's not like they are actually off the job when they are recreating. And that kind of pressure makes a person stressed and less effective. Let them destress. They will be better leaders.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
I agree with ConHog. These guys LIVE in their jobs. It isn't a 9 to 5 thing. I never begrudged GWB his ranch vacations. It's not like they are actually off the job when they are recreating. And that kind of pressure makes a person stressed and less effective. Let them destress. They will be better leaders.

It is amazing how Dems and the liberal media now do not care when the President and the VP take a vacation, play golf, or take time off

Of course I suspect that "D" at the end of their name has alot to do with their 180 on this issue

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 01:29 PM
It is amazing how Dems and the liberal media now do not care when the President and the VP take a vacation, play golf, or take time off

Of course I suspect that "D" at the end of their name has alot to do with their 180 on this issue

You really do have a problem with reading comprehensionj, don't you. Reread my post. Then reread it again. They close your eyes and think about what I said. Please. Just this once.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 01:35 PM
You really do have a problem with reading comprehensionj, don't you. Reread my post. Then reread it again. They close your eyes and think about what I said. Please. Just this once.

So are you saying the Dems and liberal media did NOT have a fit when Pres Bush went on vacation (or played golf) during his 8 years?

Maybe you don't care, but the double standards in the liberal media now is clear for everyone to see

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
So are you saying the Dems and liberal media did NOT have a fit when Pres Bush went on vacation (or plkayed gold) during his 8 years?

Maybe you don't care, but the double standards in the liberal media now is clear for everyone to see

I don't recall the media having "a fit," but then again, I'm not as hysterical as you can be. After a while, your constant outrage gets to be kinda funny.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't recall the media having "a fit," but then again, I'm not as hysterical as you can be. After a while, your constant outrage gets to be kinda funny.

I am not surprised you don't "recall"

Libs seem to have a bad memory on most things they said during the Bush year

I did a interent search on "bush on vacation" and got 44,000,000 hits. Some of hits on the first page:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Bush-on-track-to-become-the-vacation-president-1834018.php

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4728085-503544.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/18/bush-spent-487-days-at-ca_n_158902.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/11/politics/uwire/main3927378.shtml

I hope this jogs your memory

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 01:58 PM
And I'm sure the conservatives have been just as big a crybaby as you are about Obama/Biden vacations. But I again ask you to reread my post. I said I don't have a problem with vacations by these guys, dem or repub. Sorry if that doesn't feed into your hyperbolic hate machine, but there it is.

Oh, and just a reminder. Go change your underwear. I'm sure you've sharted, at least.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
And I'm sure the conservatives have been just as big a crybaby as you are about Obama/Biden vacations. But I again ask you to reread my post. I said I don't have a problem with vacations by these guys, dem or repub. Sorry if that doesn't feed into your hyperbolic hate machine, but there it is.

Oh, and just a reminder. Go change your underwear. I'm sure you've sharted, at least.

Reread my post son

Originally Posted by red states rule http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=488312#post488312) So are you saying the Dems and liberal media did NOT have a fit when Pres Bush went on vacation (or played golf) during his 8 years?

I said it may be true you may not care - I am talking about the clear double standards of the liberal media

If you would come off your high horse and stop being such an obnoxious jerk you might have caught that

ConHog
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM

the left were crazy then, you look crazy now. For real, just let some things go man. You really going to stress out over the VP playing golf? That's the last thing I care about, in fact I hope Obama joined him for a few holes. Let them enjoy their last few Presidential golf outings before they outta there in 2012.

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Reread my post son

Originally Posted by red states rule http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=488312#post488312) So are you saying the Dems and liberal media did NOT have a fit when Pres Bush went on vacation (or played golf) during his 8 years?

I said it may be true you may not care - I am talking about the clear double standards of the liberal media

If you would come off your high horse and stop being such an obnoxious jerk you might have caught that

Are you always this angry? Every thread you start is so full of vitriol.

red states rule
08-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Are you always this angry? Every thread you start is so full of vitriol.

Vitriol? Take a look at the liberal media Kart. Maybe you don't recall them "reporting" how Me Palin was an accoessory to murder and attempted murder with the A shootings?

Or how elected Dems and liberal talk show hosts wanted to kill Pres Bush and VP Cheney?

Seems to me you consider vitriol pointing out what Dems and the liberal media said during eight years of Pres Bush, and wanting those same standards applied to the current administration

red states rule
08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
the left were crazy then, you look crazy now. For real, just let some things go man. You really going to stress out over the VP playing golf? That's the last thing I care about, in fact I hope Obama joined him for a few holes. Let them enjoy their last few Presidential golf outings before they outta there in 2012.

All I am saying is apply the same standards to this administration to the current one. I am not acting crazy Conhog - just asking for some consistency

I guess that is asking too much - right?

logroller
08-29-2011, 02:11 PM
It's obvious RSR is the conservative twin of biased lib media, but just to address the facts as they are---

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A:According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did.Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

But no matter how much time a president actually spends away from the official residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Knoller says that the commander in chief is never really off the clock. "I have long held the view that a US president is never really on vacation," Knoller told FactCheck.org in an e-mail. "The job – and its awesome powers and responsibilities – is his wherever he is and whatever he’s doing."http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
It's obvious RSR is the conservative twin of biased lib media, but just to address the facts as they are---

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

But factchecker is part of the liberal media! Of course they would say that! The demons!

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM

As I said, it was the Governor's reponsibilty.

What could Biden have done? Oh, I don't know. Maybe help at a shelter. Go on air and urge people to follow the requests of local authorities.

Playing golf looks callous.

ConHog
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM
As I said, it was the Governor's reponsibilty.

What could Biden have done? Oh, I don't know. Maybe help at a shelter. Go on air and urge people to follow the requests of local authorities.

Playing golf looks callous.

Simple fact, the current Administration is incapable of feeling empathy for anyone, so why act surprised when they're out playing golf when parts of the country are being raked with storms? It is what it is.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Simple fact, the current Administration is incapable of feeling empathy for anyone, so why act surprised when they're out playing golf when parts of the country are being raked with storms? It is what it is.

Sorry, I don't work that way. Not being surprised when someone disappoints us again, doesn't mean that we shouldn't comment on their actions.

I have all along said it's not a big issue, but it does have a certain "Nero fiddling while Rome burns" aspect to it. (And yes, before the post-police pile on, I know that probably never happened).

Having said that, Biden had been a Senator from our state for decades, and I don't doubt that he cares. As I said, it looks callous, or at the least unaffected, and when you are the VP, appearances count. I think that is all that Red is trying to say.

ConHog
08-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Sorry, I don't work that way. Not being surprised when someone disappoints us again, doesn't mean that we shouldn't comment on their actions.

I have all along said it's not a big issue, but it does have a certain "Nero fiddling while Rome burns" aspect to it. (And yes, before the post-police pile on, I know that probably never happened).

Having said that, Biden had been a Senator from our state for decades, and I don't doubt that he cares. As I said, it looks callous, or at the least unaffected, and when you are the VP, appearances count. I think that is all that Red is trying to say.

Nero didn't even play a fiddle silly. He did play a cithara though, and sang. But there is no proof that he did either while Rome burned. :laugh2:

Sorry, the history thing comes natural to me. So does being a smartass.

logroller
08-29-2011, 03:57 PM
But factchecker is part of the liberal media! Of course they would say that! The demons!

:laugh:

President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, also spent three or four days around New Year’s Day each year in Palm Springs, Calif., at the home of philanthropist Walter Annenberg. (In 1993 the late Mr. Annenberg founded the nonpartisan Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, which is FactCheck.org’s parent organization.)

KartRacerBoy
08-29-2011, 05:12 PM

No, That is not all Red State is trying to say. He's a little too dramatic and flamboyant for that. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Nero didn't even play a fiddle silly. He did play a cithara though, and sang. But there is no proof that he did either while Rome burned. :laugh2:

Sorry, the history thing comes natural to me. So does being a smartass.

So even though I said I know that probably never happened, you STILL had to make this comment?

Oy vey.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 09:38 PM

No, That is not all Red State is trying to say. He's a little too dramatic and flamboyant for that. :laugh:

Ah. I've known Red a long time. You?

gabosaurus
08-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Looks like Joe has learned alot form Obama. I guess Joe was not as worried about Irene like we were told to be

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/24/129035880685371930.jpg

red states rule
08-30-2011, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=KartRacerBoy;488350]

Thanks Abbey. You must have read the post that Kart did not (or is ignoring)

All I am saying is apply the same standards to this administration to the current one. I am not acting crazy Conhog - just asking for some consistency

I guess that is asking too much - right?

red states rule
08-30-2011, 04:08 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/24/129035880685371930.jpg

Wow gabby you really defended Biden with that post

http://mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/sit-in-the-corner-dumbass.jpg

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 07:59 AM

I've seen his threads and read his posts. Since he starts 50% of the threads on this site, there is a lot of data with which to judge.

Abbey Marie
08-30-2011, 10:14 AM
I've seen his threads and read his posts. Since he starts 50% of the threads on this site, there is a lot of data with which to judge.

I didn't know you were such an expert on Red. By all means then, judge away.