PDA

View Full Version : Almost back...

jimnyc
08-29-2011, 07:00 AM
TSo all was cool with the trip to Pennsylvania, although it was a fairly short day on Saturday so that we could get on the road and try and beat the storm back home. Made it to Jersey somewhere around dinner time and dropped of my brother and 2 nieces and was ready to continue on to NY, but then found out that all mass transit was shut down and most major roads and tons and tons of the smaller parkways and avenues. Needless to stay, I had to rough it here in NJ at a decent hotel with a large pool, hot tub, room service and alcohol! LOL

Ended up being 2 nights as check out time yesterday was pretty much the eye of what was left of the storm. We avoided the major winds but the rain/floods was still a major worry. My basement has flooded so many times as it is just from regular "large" storms. My wife was stuck at the house and we stayed in touch by the hour. We lost power for a little while up there, cable is still out (no internet!!!), but we got some major flood damage of course. I'll need to get home in a bit and assess things, but looks like we got about 3 feet across our entire basement and garage. And if so, that would mean it killed our hot water heater and HVAC unit again. Also a ton of boxes and other crap down there, and all my tools and work bench, but again, I'll still need to walk through that crap to see how much and what we lost. This will be like the effing 9th time our basement has been destroyed!

But the main thing is that everyone is safe and even my doggies are doing fine.

And don't think I didn't see the wacked out threads a few of you started and/or participated in. I'll get all of you bastards when I'm home and get al of my utilities back up and running!! :laugh2: :poke:

Got a decent amount of pictures but will need to use my computer at home in order to get them up here (after I photoshop out my fat ass!). (actually don't know how to do shit with that effing program. LOL)

Still at hotel now stealing their "house" computer before I bail. This will have to stay, but I do have my bag filled with their drinking glasses, bunch of towels, soaps and shampoos, one pillow, sewing kit, small workout towels, washcloths, box of tissues... I know it's lame stuff, but gotta do it as it's my nature, and gotta do it to get my moneys worth! They have a non-bolted down hair dryer and iron too but I'm afraid they might try and charge it to me if I "borrow" it.

Ok, as you can see I have stolen about a gallon of their coffee so far this morning too! Will see all of you bastards when I get home later. Just heard a few roads are still closed up my way so it may take awhile.

Don't miss me too much ya bastards!!! :lol: :coffee: :dance: :laugh2: :poke:

Sir Evil
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Jim is home but apparently has no internet access at the moment, not that I give a damn but he thought I should mention it. :laugh2:

ConHog
08-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Jim is home but apparently has no internet access at the moment, not that I give a damn but he thought I should mention it. :laugh2:

That would suck. Seriously, how did we function before the internet? Now , not only do I have computers at home on the internet, my tv is online, my satelite is onine, my slingbox is online, my ps3 is online, my xbox360 is online, i have two teenagers here who have IPADs online, we have 5 cell phones online, and my car is online. Good Lord. Oh and now I see a refrigerator that can get online. I must have.

Trigg
08-29-2011, 06:20 PM
That would suck. Seriously, how did we function before the internet? Now , not only do I have computers at home on the internet, my tv is online, my satelite is onine, my slingbox is online, my ps3 is online, my xbox360 is online, i have two teenagers here who have IPADs online, we have 5 cell phones online, and my car is online. Good Lord. Oh and now I see a refrigerator that can get online. I must have.

The internet led to the downfall of big families. Now we having something to do besides that :laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
The internet led to the downfall of big families. Now we having something to do besides that :laugh:

I was wondering if we will have little baby boom in none months. :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-29-2011, 10:18 PM

O the 'none months' are famous for booms! LOL!

ConHog
08-29-2011, 11:16 PM

Well, if my wife has her way we will certainly be contributing to said boom.

Of course what that REALLY means is that the CH clan will soon have one more member. :laugh:

jimnyc
08-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Going crazy up here with no 'net! Still just blinking lights and not ETA from cable company as to when they may fix this issue, but it's widespread. I'm at our local library now with my laptop as I was ready to jump off my roof if I couldn't at least check my email and sports scores on Yahoo. Holy crap, I have no idea what I used to do as a kid when there was no such thing as the internet as ConHog alluded to.

Hopefully they will fix the outage and I can use a computer where I can actually type later. My fingers have an issue with these tiny keys on my laptop.

And as I wrote earlier, I still see you fu%$ers who talked smack and payback is a bitch! I'm doing some cyber ass kicking when I get back! :laugh2:

Hope you're all doing well. Still cleaning up a bit at home but the house can float away for all I care, so long as my connection remains active!!

Sir Evil
08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Hopefully they will fix the outage and I can use a computer where I can actually type later. My fingers have an issue with these tiny keys on my laptop.

Still no internet? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome back Jim. We've missed you!

Abbey Marie
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM
O the 'none months' are famous for booms! LOL!

Haha, Freudian slip perhaps. I'll bet there are many men complaining of "I got none" months.

jimnyc
08-31-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm back! If anyone remembers me anyway! :laugh2: :poke:

chloe
08-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm back! If anyone remembers me anyway! :laugh2: :poke:

YAY, where's the pics?

jimnyc
08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
YAY, where's the pics?

Sir Evil took a few and my Dad as well, waiting for them to send what they took to me. The only camera I have is the 1.2 megapixel on my cell phone. I really need to get a new camera.

chloe
08-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Sir Evil took a few and my Dad as well, waiting for them to send what they took to me. The only camera I have is the 1.2 megapixel on my cell phone. I really need to get a new camera.

Well little-acorn promised to send you a donation soon. :salute:

jimnyc
08-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Well little-acorn promised to send you a donation soon. :salute:

That's messed up! LOL I think you have something like "truth tourettes" at times where you feel the need to just blast out a made up line. I like it though, when it's not at my expense! :lol:

chloe
08-31-2011, 07:32 PM
That's messed up! LOL I think you have something like "truth tourettes" at times where you feel the need to just blast out a made up line. I like it though, when it's not at my expense! :lol:

Nope he offered to buy some entertainment in another thread and I told him to make a donation to your board;)

Gaffer
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
She makes you roll your eyes, hide your face, or leave the room laughing. And always unpredictable.