PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr

Gaffer
08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
So over the weekend I got a notice from the apartment managers to move my car by 730 am Monday morning because they would be blacktopping the driveway and parking area in front of my apartment. I woke up to the sound of a jackhammer and heavy equipment. They are tearing out all the concrete. They are completely redoing the roadway right under my window. This isn't a simple blacktopping that would be done in a day. They are flipping over chunks of concrete and shaking the building.

Not looking forward to the tar smell when they start laying that down.

sundaydriver
08-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Improvements always come with a price. I have railroad tracks running thru the wooda ~250 yards behind the house.
About 5 weeks ago stacks of new rail ties were left along the tracks to replace damaged ties along a 10 mile or so stretch and the work was completed last week. The stench from the resin coating of these new ties is still in the air.

Gaffer
08-29-2011, 11:48 AM
They left another note in the door. The work will not be completed until Sept 1. So much for a little blacktop job.

Little-Acorn
08-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Any way they could have fixed the parking lot without all that?

Some landlords would never have fixed anything in the first place. Good/bad?

Abbey Marie
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Gaffer, I hear you. Inhaling tar almost seems like it would cause cancer. I don't know how roofers stand it; especially on hot summer days.

Gaffer
08-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Well they are done for the day. They paved half of the road and parked all the vehicles on the other half. They are doing major work here which is surprising considering its a apartment complex which don't usually do this much. It was a noisy day and probably be the same tomorrow. I kept my window closed so didn't have to smell the tar.

chloe
08-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Well they are done for the day. They paved half of the road and parked all the vehicles on the other half. They are doing major work here which is surprising considering its a apartment complex which don't usually do this much. It was a noisy day and probably be the same tomorrow. I kept my window closed so didn't have to smell the tar.

on the bright side you will have a nice new place to park......I'm sending luna tick over with a nice pot roast to comfort you hon.

Gaffer
08-30-2011, 03:57 PM
on the bright side you will have a nice new place to park......I'm sending luna tick over with a nice pot roast to comfort you hon.

Yes the parking will be nice and the tires and shocks on the truck won't take a beating, It looks good out there now. I think they are waiting for it to dry.

Is that a luna tick made pot roast or is she just delivering?

ConHog
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Go out late tonight and do donuts on the fresh pavement. That will teach em for making so much noise.

Gaffer
08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
It's quiet now and all the heavy equipment has been taken away so I should be able to sleep in tomorrow. Hopefully they will repaint the lines and I can move my truck back under my window Thursday.

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:11 PM
It's quiet now and all the heavy equipment has been taken away so I should be able to sleep in tomorrow. Hopefully they will repaint the lines and I can move my truck back under my window Thursday.

yeah and monday is labor day so they won't be working you will get 3 days of peace and quiet.

Kathianne
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
yeah and monday is labor day so they won't be working you will get 3 days of peace and quiet.
Labor Day, one I cannot get a job for. Sigh! I used to love federal holidays! :laugh2:

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Labor Day, one I cannot get a job for. Sigh! I used to love federal holidays! :laugh2:

Are you still not working?

Kathianne
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Are you still not working?
Once again subbing. Still working pt minimum wage. Now writing freelance. In the past month, the last is my largest source of income and it sucks.

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Once again subbing. Still working pt minimum wage. Now writing freelance. In the past month, the last is my largest source of income and it sucks.

That's neat about the writing, are you writing Political Articles for the newspaper?

Gaffer
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
That's neat about the writing, are you writing Political Articles for the newspaper?

Not likely in Chicago. Kath is too conservative for them.

Kathianne
08-30-2011, 08:46 PM

I wish. No, it's copy writing, not to be confused with copywrite(d). Just text. I've written about an orange and it's calorie count; landlords insurance in UK; an e-cigarette product...

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I wish. No, it's copy writing, not to be confused with copywrite(d). Just text. I've written about an orange and it's calorie count; landlords insurance in UK; an e-cigarette product...

You should freelance teach those continuing education classes for adults, on history and geography, I think the teachers can charge like $50.00 a student and the class has to last between 3-8 weeks its a quick way to make a buck.

Abbey Marie
08-31-2011, 12:37 AM

*copyrighted :cool:

Kathianne
08-31-2011, 12:40 AM
*copyrighted :cool:

Yeah, I was tired. Thanks. ;)