PDA

View Full Version : My family sucks how about yours?

chloe
08-29-2011, 09:49 PM
My step dad always misplaces things, you would think after ALL these years he would stop blaming everyone for things missing that he misplaced. In our family according to my stepdad my sister is "donna the destroyer" so anytime something got broken mysteriously in the house you can be sure my sister "donna the destroyer did it", now when she moved out and those things still happened well of course it was "chloe the clutz", then when I moved out it was "his wife the wasteful" when things disappear you can bet its now his "grand daughter roberta the robber" I get so sick of his blame game he gets super ignorant and rages on the person who is the target of his blame.

My family sucks !!!

oooo I made up those nicknames to but you get the point

ConHog
08-29-2011, 10:03 PM
My step dad always misplaces things, you would think after ALL these years he would stop blaming everyone for things missing that he misplaced. In our family according to my stepdad my sister is "donna the destroyer" so anytime something got broken mysteriously in the house you can be sure my sister "donna the destroyer did it", now when she moved out and those things still happened well of course it was "chloe the clutz", then when I moved out it was "his wife the wasteful" when things disappear you can bet its now his "grand daughter roberta the robber" I get so sick of his blame game he gets super ignorant and rages on the person who is the target of his blame.

My family sucks !!!

oooo I made up those nicknames to but you get the point

I didn't know you were related to Obama

chloe
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I didn't know you were related to Obama

Ohh I am going to call him that next time he starts raging on me throwing things at me Overbearing Obama

Kathianne
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
My family had problems, but worked through them. In the end, meaning my parents deaths and how my brother and I handled that, we're all good. In fact, not only was their estate finalized, but our two nuclear families merged more regarding estates and medical power of attorney.

My folks set a standard for us. Prepay funeral and associated expenses, including restaurant/banquet hall. Choose the type of readings and ad hoc commentary you want. My dad chose to allow his friends wide berth, my mother's was limited. They both knew what they were doing.

chloe
08-29-2011, 10:21 PM
My family had problems, but worked through them. In the end, meaning my parents deaths and how my brother and I handled that, we're all good. In fact, not only was their estate finalized, but our two nuclear families merged more regarding estates and medical power of attorney.

My folks set a standard for us. Prepay funeral and associated expenses, including restaurant/banquet hall. Choose the type of readings and ad hoc commentary you want. My dad chose to allow his friends wide berth, my mother's was limited. They both knew what they were doing.

my step dad misplaced a lighter and thinks my oldest daughter who doesnt live there came over and took it, it was just a regular lighter not a zippo nothing special, I brought him a new one and he threw it at me and started raging on me.

My mother has been out of town for 2 weeks dealing with a family problem conerning my sister and real dad. It's not my repsonsibilty to be his constant companion or be abused.

ConHog
08-29-2011, 11:06 PM

My nuclear family hasn't yet faced a death, thank God, but both of my mother's parents have passed away within the last 5 years, my grandfather just a year ago, and it's amazing how fast that shit can tear up a family if they let it. Our family is pretty much outcasts to the rest of the family now because all anyone cared about was what they could get out of what my grandparents left behind, and my family just isn't like that, but to make matters worse, my grandfather named my father, his son in law, as the executor of his estate.

Thankfully my brother and sister, and my self don't want our parents to leave anything behind, sell it all and spend the money while they are still alive. So we won't be fighting when the time comes.

Kathianne
08-29-2011, 11:40 PM
my step dad misplaced a lighter and thinks my oldest daughter who doesnt live there came over and took it, it was just a regular lighter not a zippo nothing special, I brought him a new one and he threw it at me and started raging on me.

My mother has been out of town for 2 weeks dealing with a family problem conerning my sister and real dad. It's not my repsonsibilty to be his constant companion or be abused.

i've seen things like that. I'm very grateful that my folks showed us the way to go. Their siblings, not so much so. Still since my dad was alive when an 'unfair' estate was done, he showed how to deal with. No blame, guilt, remorse. Accept what is and let it go.

We learned.

If there's an injustice, the one that benefits can rectify or not, no blame.

gabosaurus
08-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Not even close. My mom and dad are awesome. I have the best sister any girl could ever have. There has never been a divorce in my immediate family so I haven't had to deal with that.

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I love my parents directly proportional to the miles between us. I love them by a half-continent. My little sister (half sister really but she's more of a sister than my two older sisters) loves our parent so much she is an entire continent plus half the Pacific away. Parents live in CT, I live in Indiana, and lil' sis lives in Maui.

This is how my sister and I maintain our sanity. I love my parents but they drive me crazy.

ConHog
08-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I love my parents directly proportional to the miles between us. I love them by a half-continent. My little sister (half sister really but she's more of a sister than my two older sisters) loves our parent so much she is an entire continent plus half the Pacific away. Parents live in CT, I live in Indiana, and lil' sis lives in Maui.

This is how my sister and I maintain our sanity. I love my parents but they drive me crazy.

Since I've retired from the military I spend at least part of every weekday with my dad. We are now closer than we have ever been.

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Since I've retired from the military I spend at least part of every weekday with my dad. We are now closer than we have ever been.

I used to love flyfishing with my stepdad (aside from the fact he could catch fish when I couldn't). My life just moved me to a different geographic location. Unfortuately, he's halfway down the road to full on Alzheimers now at age 84. My mother drives me crazy, however, and no visit can last more than 3 days without her drving me mad.

My biological dad was an ass. A pilot who cared more about flying than his family. Abandoned us when I was 3. Alcoholic. Died at age 52. We had zero relationship by that point (I think I was 20), so I did not mourn his passing.

ConHog
08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
I used to love flyfishing with my stepdad (aside from the fact he could catch fish when I couldn't). My life just moved me to a different geographic location. Unfortuately, he's halfway down the road to full on Alzheimers now at age 84. My mother drives me crazy, however, and no visit can last more than 3 days without her drving me mad.

My biological dad was an ass. A pilot who cared more about flying than his family. Abandoned us when I was 3. Alcoholic. Died at age 52. We had zero relationship by that point (I think I was 20), so I did not mourn his passing.

My kid will be like that with his biological mother. Hasn't seen her since he was 2. He's 19 now. Not even so much as card from her when he graduated high school. No birthday gifts, nothing.

He couldn't care less about her, as far as he's concerned his 26 year old step mom is mom.

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
My kid will be like that with his biological mother. Hasn't seen her since he was 2. He's 19 now. Not even so much as card from her when he graduated high school. No birthday gifts, nothing.

He couldn't care less about her, as far as he's concerned his 26 year old step mom is mom.

You're 40 and you married a 26 yr old? Good Lord, no wonder you believe in God. :laugh:

My biological dad didn't totally abandon my mom and sisters. He was in and out of our life, but when he was around he and my mom fought like cats and dogs. He would try to play us against my mom. I figured out by 7 or 8 that he was an ass. My older sisters thought he was great (both grew up to be drug addicts or alcohoics). I went to his funeral at church but didn't go to the burial. I still have no idea where he is buried. Nor do I care.

My biggest goal as a parent is to NOT be my biological father.

Binky
08-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Ohh I am going to call him that next time he starts raging on me throwing things at me Overbearing Obama

One thing for sure, throwing things at people in a rage is one way to get them not to want to be around you, much less spend any time at all with them.... :bang3:

ConHog
08-30-2011, 04:30 PM
You're 40 and you married a 26 yr old? Good Lord, no wonder you believe in God. :laugh:

My biological dad didn't totally abandon my mom and sisters. He was in and out of our life, but when he was around he and my mom fought like cats and dogs. He would try to play us against my mom. I figured out by 7 or 8 that he was an ass. My older sisters thought he was great (both grew up to be drug addicts or alcohoics). I went to his funeral at church but didn't go to the burial. I still have no idea where he is buried. Nor do I care.

My biggest goal as a parent is to NOT be my biological father.

LOL yes, I am blessed. She is awesome. Met her when she was 19 married her when she was 20. Wasn't planned, but I knew the moment I saw her, and for some reason she says the same about me. I try not to ask to many questions about why she chose me. :laugh2:

chloe
08-30-2011, 07:25 PM
LOL yes, I am blessed. She is awesome. Met her when she was 19 married her when she was 20. Wasn't planned, but I knew the moment I saw her, and for some reason she says the same about me. I try not to ask to many questions about why she chose me. :laugh2:

She chose you because your a nice person, goodlooking and have a great sense of humor, I am sure of that !!!:cool:

chloe
08-30-2011, 07:26 PM

Thanks for that Kart, I feel bonded with you, our families suck, lol.

Sir Evil
08-30-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm related to Jim, of course my family sucks! :lmao:

chloe
08-30-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm related to Jim, of course my family sucks! :lmao:

Personally, if I could thank your parents for there wonderful combined gene pool I would, what lovely looking children they procreated !

ConHog
08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Personally, if I could thank your parents for there wonderful combined gene pool I would, what lovely looking children they procreted !

I have honestly never met someone who was so complimentary about others and so hard on herself before.

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:05 PM
I have honestly never met someone who was so complimentary about others and so hard on herself before.

I don't really think Im hard on myself, just honest. I don't hate myself, I only don't like things about myself that I have the power to change and so Im just open about it.;)

Sir Evil
08-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Personally, if I could thank your parents for there wonderful combined gene pool I would, what lovely looking children they procreated !

:smoke:

lol, we be all fucked up like laurel and hardy..... umm fat and skinny that is!:lmao:

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
:smoke:

lol, we be all fucked up like laurel and hardy..... umm fat and skinny that is!:lmao:

Well all three of you brothers are AMAZINGLY Handsome, I mean worship worthy......and your sister has really pretty eyes (I'm not a lesbian).

ConHog
08-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't really think Im hard on myself, just honest. I don't hate myself, I only don't like things about myself that I have the power to change and so Im just open about it.;)

Bullshit. You're beautiful, you're not fat, you're sweet, and you're a total sweetheart.

I'm going to start negging you every time you badmouth yourself.

Oh yes, I'm completely serious. I'll turn your rep into a wasteland if I have to. STOP PUTTING YOURSELF down, it drives me crazy.

Now go look in the mirror and say "I am beautiful and gosh darnit, people like me"

:laugh2:

Sir Evil
08-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Well all three of you brothers are AMAZINGLY Handsome, I mean worship worthy......and your sister has really pretty eyes (I'm not a lesbian).

You need to get a stronger set of goggles!

chloe
08-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Bullshit. You're beautiful, you're not fat, you're sweet, and you're a total sweetheart.

I'm going to start negging you every time you badmouth yourself.

Oh yes, I'm completely serious. I'll turn your rep into a wasteland if I have to. STOP PUTTING YOURSELF down, it drives me crazy.

Now go look in the mirror and say "I am beautiful and gosh darnit, people like me"

My rep is only here to serve you Boss, but I have not cut myself down at all in this thread because I listen to you and am obediant:salute:

KarlMarx
08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Not even close. My mom and dad are awesome. I have the best sister any girl could ever have. There has never been a divorce in my immediate family so I haven't had to deal with that.

Then you're probably one of the lucky few. I love my parents, but my Dad is very overbearing and, like Chloe's stepdad, always blames my mother for misplacing things. I gave up hoping that he'd change long ago. I have a brother who is 16 years younger than I am. We are pretty close, although, these past two years we haven't seen as much of each other as we normally do. He's married and has two little ones, my nephew and my niece. I was an only child until I was 16 and had to wait until I was over 50 to become an uncle.

In my family, I am the only divorced one.

I have one son, who lives with his mother. He has something like autism, but he's very high functioning. He is the apple of my eye. Would you believe he is going to college? I never thought I'd live to see the day that would happen. Unfortunately, he lives with his mother who is well.. manipulative is probably putting it mildly. However, change is in the air, hopefully for the better.

Oh yes, I also have a g/f... right now we're not getting along too well. She has a lot of personal stuff going on and it's taken its toll on our relationship. Some days things are good and some days things are pretty bad. I try to take it in stride... but some days, it's tough. Unfortunately, she also works at where I doand the work situation there is pretty bad... so that also contributes to the misery.

Anyway, that's my life....

ConHog
08-30-2011, 09:26 PM
My rep is only here to serve you Boss, but I have not cut myself down at all in this thread because I listen to you and am obediant:salute:

LOL - If I were mormon I'd make you wife number 2.

gabosaurus
08-30-2011, 11:16 PM

Too many men look at women the same way they look at cars. When their current model gets too old, they trade her in for newer, younger and better built one. :cool:

red states rule
08-31-2011, 03:09 AM

If I was not already spoken for, 10 years younger, and 25 pounds lighter...............

red states rule
08-31-2011, 03:10 AM
Too many men look at women the same way they look at cars. When their current model gets too old, they trade her in for newer, younger and better built one. :cool:

With regular maintance, and some TLC those older models run great

cadet
11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
remember, if your immediate family sucks, don't let your kids go through the same thing!

2nd cousins and all those, I can't help you.

red states rule
11-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Could anything be worse than being part of Virgil's family? Having to admit he is your father, father in law, or relative?

Or having his picture in the family photo album?