PDA

View Full Version : Five things Obama has done since being in office that I agree with

ConHog
08-30-2011, 11:23 AM
ummm, can anyone help me out here?

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 11:58 AM
He pushed for the elimination of "Don't ask. Don't tell," which I think you said you agreed with.

You said you think that the EPA generally does a good job, and they've introduced new clean air standards for coal plants. I read an article stating that the EPA found $30 of health and other benefits for every $1 it cost to implement the new regs. Do you like that?

Did you agree with the 30,000 troop surge in Afghanistan?

ConHog
08-30-2011, 12:06 PM
He pushed for the elimination of "Don't ask. Don't tell," which I think you said you agreed with.

You said you think that the EPA generally does a good job, and they've introduced new clean air standards for coal plants. I read an article stating that the EPA found $30 of health and other benefits for every $1 it cost to implement the new regs. Do you like that?

Did you agree with the 30,000 troop surge in Afghanistan?

I do agree with allowing homosexuals to serve openly. So there is one thing.

I doubt very seriously that Obama had much , if anything, to do with new EPA regulations, so he doesn't get a win there from me.

I did NOT agree with the troop surge. I'd bring our troops home. Fuck that shit hole. Didn't we learn from the Russians that that a war can't be "won" there?

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I do agree with allowing homosexuals to serve openly. So there is one thing.

I doubt very seriously that Obama had much , if anything, to do with new EPA regulations, so he doesn't get a win there from me.

I did NOT agree with the troop surge. I'd bring our troops home. Fuck that shit hole. Didn't we learn from the Russians that that a war can't be "won" there?

As to the EPA and new clean air regs, those kind of regs boil up from within the EPA based on science, but then they go to the EPA Administrator who then puts them b4 the President who gives a yay or nay. It isn't gonna come out of an executive branch agency without some kind of White House approval. Something as big and costly as the coal regs would go b4 the President. So I do think it is his act.

As to Afghanistan, if we didn't learn it from Genghis Khan or the British, why should we learn from the Russians?

ConHog
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
As to the EPA and new clean air regs, those kind of regs boil up from within the EPA based on science, but then they go to the EPA Administrator who then puts them b4 the President who gives a yay or nay. It isn't gonna come out of an executive branch agency without some kind of White House approval. Something as big and costly as the coal regs would go b4 the President. So I do think it is his act.

As to Afghanistan, if we didn't learn it from Genghis Khan or the British, why should we learn from the Russians?

I don't believe for one second that Obama , or any other POTUS, in involved with the EPA making policy. I just don't. And I'm not even saying they should. Just saying that he couldn't possibly have his fingers in that many pies.

KartRacerBoy
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't believe for one second that Obama , or any other POTUS, in involved with the EPA making policy. I just don't. And I'm not even saying they should. Just saying that he couldn't possibly have his fingers in that many pies.

I worked at the EPA and watched how climate policy went before GHWB. You're just wrong. :shrugs shoulders:

ConHog
08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I worked at the EPA and watched how climate policy went before GHWB. You're just wrong. :shrugs shoulders:

You say that as if this would be the first time. I'm married, you couldn't possibly affect me by telling me I'm wrong. :coffee: