PDA

View Full Version : Obama Iphone App Has Libs Upset

red states rule
09-01-2011, 03:25 AM
What a classic! Just in time for the election season and a great way to keep you updated on that hope and change

http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2011/08/Obama-iphone-app-208x300.jpg

An “Obama Clock” app is jockeying for position with National Geographic’s World Atlas atop the iTunes app store’s reference (http://www.topappcharts.com/search.php?show=category&category=Reference) best-seller list, partly because conservatives are eager to monitor President Barack Obama’s skidding approval numbers and shrinking calendar, says the app’s designer.

Liberals don’t like the app because it shows Obama’s numbers trending down, said Jeremy Ross, even though his app just publishes publicly available data. The app can also be used to display the same stats on future GOP presidents.

Ross, a California aerospace engineer, cut his sleep time down to 5 hours per day to develop the app, which users rate at 4.5 out of 5 stars.

“Most of my friends are very left and strongly discouraged me from starting this app,” he said. “My best friend hates this app.” Ross added that his own mother, also politically liberal, isn’t happy about it.

“There‘s almost a sense of, ‘Well you should not do that,’” he told The Daily Caller. “I try to explain that it is not meant to hurt the president, but is a way of monitoring and keeping someone accountable … I would like this to be more of a ‘Presidents’ Clock,’” Ross said.

The app displays Rasmussen Reports’ polling data on Obama’s popularity along with the U.S. unemployment rate, the gasoline price index, housing values, the national debt — and the amount of time remaining until the next presidential inauguration.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/31/obama-clock-climbs-iphone-reference-app-chart/#ixzz1WhP5wKbh

KarlMarx
09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm going to get an iPhone just so that I can have that app...

red states rule
09-02-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm going to get an iPhone just so that I can have that app...

Another way to stay on top of the success rate of Obama's polices is watch the lines at the unemployment and welfare office continue to get longer

Of course the Dems and liberal media will tell you we are on the road to recovery and you should believe your lying eyes

KarlMarx
09-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Another way to stay on top of the success rate of Obama's polices is watch the lines at the unemployment and welfare office continue to get longer

Of course the Dems and liberal media will tell you we are on the road to recovery and you should believe your lying eyes

For me, all I have to do is go to work to see it. I really don't need an app. Next round of layoffs is September 19th. Followed by "budget challenges" by our internal customers who don't have the money to upgrade aging applications before they go entirely out of support by the vendors. It's all a result, directly or indirectly, of the cuts to the Defense Budget.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 06:57 AM
For me, all I have to do is go to work to see it. I really don't need an app. Next round of layoffs is September 19th. Followed by "budget challenges" by our internal customers who don't have the money to upgrade aging applications.

Obama is helping me stay busy at work. People are defaulting on thier mortgage's in huge numbers. I also deal with bankruptcy and requests for loan mods

So Obama is doing wonders for increasing the workload in my department