PDA

View Full Version : Remember when opposing the Presidency was seen as unpatriotic?

gabosaurus
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I sure do. I was reminded of it on an almost daily basis here during the last couple of years of the Shrub Reign.
The conservative talking heads harped daily about how those who spoke out against the Commander in Chief gave aid and comfort to the enemy and endangered our troops abroad. It gave the terrorists the idea that our country was divided and thus easier for them to infiltrate and conquer.
I was a communist terrorist sympathizer because I lampooned the Shrub and questioned his policy. Why, people who oppose the President should be sent to Russia, or to Afghanistan!

The wonderful Carl Rove even came out with this gem:

Nobody can risk looking disrespectful to the president without paying a price, and they need to understand that.

Guess things are different now. The cows have taken over the stock yard, and ignorance is the ruler of the present (not to mention starting half the threads on this board).

ConHog
09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I sure do. I was reminded of it on an almost daily basis here during the last couple of years of the Shrub Reign.
The conservative talking heads harped daily about how those who spoke out against the Commander in Chief gave aid and comfort to the enemy and endangered our troops abroad. It gave the terrorists the idea that our country was divided and thus easier for them to infiltrate and conquer.
I was a communist terrorist sympathizer because I lampooned the Shrub and questioned his policy. Why, people who oppose the President should be sent to Russia, or to Afghanistan!

Guess things are different now. The cows have taken over the stock yard, and ignorance is the ruler of the present (not to mention starting half the threads on this board).

yes, because Carl Rove speaks for all of us.................

gabosaurus
09-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Rove did speak for everyone during the Bush presidency. If you don't believe it, just ask him. :cool:

ConHog
09-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Rove did speak for everyone during the Bush presidency. If you don't believe it, just ask him. :cool:

I'll concede that point.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 06:38 AM

I remember the libs screaming "Dissent is patriotic"

I guess that liberal rule expired at 12:01PM 1/20/2009

But of course we have this gem from the past

<IFRAME height=345 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NJxmpTMGhU0" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

fj1200
09-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Nobody can risk looking disrespectful to the president without paying a price, and they need to understand that.

Rove was talking about other Republicans who were going to be hitting the campaign trail. Context dear.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Rove was talking about other Republicans who were going to be hitting the campaign trail. Context dear.

Now you did it fj. Be prepared for a strong dose of liberal civility from Gabby and Kart. The nerve of you bringing facts into this discussion

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Now you did it fj. Be prepared for a strong dose of liberal civility from Gabby and Kart. The nerve of you bringing facts into this discussion

fj is good with facts. You, RSR? Not so much. You're more of a "spin" kinda guy.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
fj is good with facts. You, RSR? Not so much. You're more of a "spin" kinda guy.

What do you call facts? I post videos, land links with sources. Your problem is all that hope and change is not working out as well you want

You do have a serious issue with dealing with reality

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
What do you call facts? I post videos, land links with sources. Your problem is all that hope and change is not working out as well you want

You do have a serious issue with dealing with reality

Posting an opinion piece does not constitute "fact."

Your reality is pretty warped in my view. Probably from all that spin that leaves you dizzy.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Posting an opinion piece does not constitute "fact."

Your reality is pretty warped in my view. Probably from all that spin that leaves you dizzy.

and when I post video of libs in their own words proving i am right - you cower in the corner and continue tom ignore the obvious

Here we have the liberal media once again trying to prove any opposition to obama is racially motivated

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105252" frameBorder=0 width=640 height=360 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 04:46 PM
and when I post vikdeo of libs in their own words proving i am right - you cower in the corner and continue tom ignore the obvious

Here we have the liberal media once agin trying to prove anyopposition to obama is raqcially motivated

<IFRAME title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/105252" frameBorder=0 width=640 height=360 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

I don't know about THAT guy. But I know from YOUR rhetoric that your dislike of Obama is racially motivated, RSR.

You must be one angry white man. And the guy in your video probably thinks like he does becz people like you call Obama the Affirmative Action President. But you probably wouldn't understand that.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't know about THAT guy. But I know from YOUR rhetoric that your dislike of Obama is racially motivated, RSR.

You must be one angry white man.

and what do you base that on? Perhaps due to your inability to counter my posts with facts? Your inability to explain how Obama's failed policies will eventually succeed? Or your inability to spin the fact after a 19% increase in goverment spending, Obama has made the economy worse?

All you really have left is the race card son

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 04:59 PM
and what do you base that on?

The post where you called Obama the Affirmative Action President.

Kind of simple. Much like you. Racist.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 05:05 PM

He was the AA cabdidate.

The Dems and liberal media made it clear during the election if you did not support and vote for Obama you were a racist.

When the liberal media and Dems said Obama's election would "heal" race relations I said they were full of it. Since any opposition to Obama would be met with charges of racism. Which libs like you prove is correct

Obama was not he job and qualified for the job, and got it since the liberal media pushed the "white guilt" crap

In 2012 it will much easier

If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you are not a racist; then in 2012 you will vote for Obama's opponent to prove you are not an idiot

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 05:08 PM

He is the affirmative action president. Without AA he would not have even got into law school. And AA is just reverse racism. Putting someone ahead of others because of the color of their skin and ignoring qualifications. By your standards most here are racists. I call him the dark one, not for skin color but for his character. But I know calling him the dark one will upset people like you and you can scream racist. There's nothing else you can point to that he's done that has been successful.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 05:13 PM
He is the affirmative action president. Without AA he would not have even got into law school. And AA is just reverse racism. Putting someone ahead of others because of the color of their skin and ignoring qualifications. By your standards most here are racists. I call him the dark one, not for skin color but for his character. But I know calling him the dark one will upset people like you and you can scream racist. There's nothing else you can point to that he's done that has been successful.

Looks like Kart will have to deal out another race card after that post Gaffer

Hell, we should be used to it after 3 years of dealing with race baiting lefties

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Looks like Kart will have to deal out another race card after that post Gaffer

Hell, we should be used to it after 3 years of dealing with race baiting lefties

I am use to it. It's become a matter of pride with me. Besides being an enemy of the state I'm a racist as well. And I'm still an islamobigot. And I don't like queers either. I'm nice to dogs and cats tho.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I am use to it. It's become a matter of pride with me. Besides being an enemy of the state I'm a racist as well. And I'm still an islamobigot. And I don't like queers either. I'm nice to dogs and cats tho.

Yea, when libs like Kart have their temper tantrum, toss out thier insults, and play the race card I know they are beaten and are on defense

Despite their self inflated opinion of themselves and Obama, they can't compete in the arena of ideas and have been reduced to whimpering losers who can see their power slipping away

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Yea, when libs like Kart have their temper tantrum, toss out thier insults, and play the race card I know they are beaten and are on defense

Despite thier self ung=falted opinion of themselves and Obama, they can't compete in the arena of ideas and have been reduced to whimpering losers who can see their power slipping away

When the race card comes out you know he's beat. And that's all the liberals have now.

red states rule
09-02-2011, 06:24 PM
When the race card comes out you know he's beat. And that's all the liberals have now.

All the left has are the racial and personal attacks, After all, they CAN'T defend Obama's policies and tell us how those policies are better then anything the R's can offer

Libs like Kart run on nothing but emotion. That emotion is anger

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Once again, you spin it like a racist hiding their tracks. That's the funny thing. You are a racist and you enjoy it, but you actually recognize that it's a bad thing so you don't want folks to recognize you for what you are. A pure, out and out, bigot.

I never said anything about the "dark one" thing, but I did think that is another clue. But you assume a man who is black only advanced becz of his color. And yet you believe someone like REAGAN was a smart man? Why is that? Cz he was not as smart as Obama but was white? Add another 50 IQ points! :rolleyes:

And by the way, Obama was Editor of Harvard's Law Journal. To get on the law journal in law school, one has to be AT LEAST in the top 10% of the class grade average. Yeah. Obama is a dumb guy.

Oops. Nope. I actually meant that you, RSR, are a dumb guy. Having an opinion doesn't make you smart. It just makes you a loudmouth.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Actually, that MIGHT be true if the one being called the racist, Red State Rules, wasn't a racist. However, the evidence is pretty clear in his case. He is a racist. He hates Obama as much becz he's black as becz he's a Dem.

KarlMarx
09-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Actually, that MIGHT be true if the one being called the racist, Red State Rules, wasn't a racist. However, the evidence is pretty clear in his case. He is a racist. He hates Obama as much becz he's black as becz he's a Dem.
What is the problem with people like you? Obama's policies are being criticized, not his race.... but the only thing you have as a refutation is playing the race card and the hate card... The August employment figures are bad because business does not feel comfortable with the policies of the Obama adminstration... they aren't going to hire because they don't know what the guy is going to pull next...

KarlMarx
09-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Despite thier self ung=falted opinion of themselves and Obama, they can't compete in the arena of ideas and have been reduced to whimpering losers who can see their power slipping away

gotta spread more rep around....

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Once again, you spin it like a racist hiding their tracks. That's the funny thing. You are a racist and you enjoy it, but you actually recognize that it's a bad thing so you don't want folks to recognize you for what you are. A pure, out and out, bigot.

I never said anything about the "dark one" thing, but I did think that is another clue. But you assume a man who is black only advanced becz of his color. And yet you believe someone like REAGAN was a smart man? Why is that? Cz he was not as smart as Obama but was white? Add another 50 IQ points! :rolleyes:

And by the way, Obama was Editor of Harvard's Law Journal. To get on the law journal in law school, one has to be AT LEAST in the top 10% of the class grade average. Yeah. Obama is a dumb guy.

Oops. Nope. I actually meant that you, RSR, are a dumb guy. Having an opinion doesn't make you smart. It just makes you a loudmouth.

The dark one has kept his transcripts and all his records and background a secret. So how do you know what his grade average was. The only info out there about him is from his books which were ghost written. Everything, everything about his past has been kept under wraps. Who paid for his schooling? Who were his close friends? Where did he live during his school years? I don't think the dark one is smart. I think he's cunning and devious. But he's not smart. He learned how to work the system at a young age and has been doing it ever since. Even his SS card is phony. When exactly did he live in Ct. Everything about him is phony and will one day be brought to light.

I despise the man because he's deceitful, arrogant and wants to destroy this country, and place himself as the supreme ruler. I stand against everything he does and if that makes me a racist then so be it. I find jokin joe equally despicable along with the Mouth of Sauron carney. Now there's a man that gives baghdad bob real competition.

I guess your opinion just makes you a not very smart loudmouth too. The shoe fits both feet.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 07:58 PM
What is the problem with people like you? Obama's policies are being criticized, not his race.... but the only thing you have as a refutation is playing the race card and the hate card... The August employment figures are bad because business does not feel comfortable with the policies of the Obama adminstration... they aren't going to hire because they don't know what the guy is going to pull next...

And what is it with guys like you? RSR calls our President the Affrimative Action president and that says nothing to you about his views on race? Or is he not a racist unless he yells "nigger" out loud on the streets?

There are plenty of reasons to complain about Obama's presidency. I've done it myself. But I don't believe he's a bad president becz he's black, like RSR.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
The dark one has kept his transcripts and all his records and background a secret. So how do you know what his grade average was. The only info out there about him is from his books which were ghost written. Everything, everything about his past has been kept under wraps. Who paid for his schooling? Who were his close friends? Where did he live during his school years? I don't think the dark one is smart. I think he's cunning and devious. But he's not smart. He learned how to work the system at a young age and has been doing it ever since. Even his SS card is phony. When exactly did he live in Ct. Everything about him is phony and will one day be brought to light.

I despise the man because he's deceitful, arrogant and wants to destroy this country, and place himself as the supreme ruler. I stand against everything he does and if that makes me a racist then so be it. I find jokin joe equally despicable along with the Mouth of Sauron carney. Now there's a man that gives baghdad bob real competition.

I guess your opinion just makes you a not very smart loudmouth too. The shoe fits both feet.

A Truther and a Racist? What a pretty combination. Shouldn't you be spending your time in the Conspiracy forum?

KarlMarx
09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Like David Letterman used to say...

Top Ten Accomplishments of the Obama Administration (feel free to add, I haven't been up on my current events)

10. Passed Obamacare which put the country at least 2 Trillion Dollars more in debt and will not improve the quality of medical care in this country

9. He hamstrung NASA, for the first time in 2 generations, American astronauts have to bum a ride from the Russians

8. He has managed to get American's credit rating downgraded

7. He has nearly doubled the national debt... now our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren can now be on the hook

6. He's gotten the unemployment rate down to 9.1 percent ... down from the 5 percent unemployment rate that that dummy George W Bush had us at

5. Since Obama has been president, the stock market has not yet recovered the nearly 6000 points since the crash

4. He's hamstrung the military and put nearly 50,00 people who worked for Defense Contractors on unemployment

3. He got us involved in the Libyan conflict without prior Congressional approval. That alone should be grounds for impreachment

2. The government has socialized the Health Care industry, attempted to socialize the auto manufacturing business, stopped the construction of a Boeing facility in the Carolinas that would have given jobs to over 35,000 people

1. Is there anyone who he hasn't bowed to?

KarlMarx
09-02-2011, 08:19 PM
And what is it with guys like you? RSR calls our President the Affrimative Action president and that says nothing to you about his views on race? Or is he not a racist unless he yells "nigger" out loud on the streets?

There are plenty of reasons to complain about Obama's presidency. I've done it myself. But I don't believe he's a bad president becz he's black, like RSR.

Oh, so affirmative action is about race... I thought it was about equal opportunity... thanks for clarifying what I've been suspecting all along...

No, RSR's comments says a lot about his ideas about this president. The reason why Obama was elected was that 99% of blacks voted for him and that a lot of conservatives, disgusted with McCain, decided to sit the last election out.

Obama was elected because of his skin color, not because of his qualifications. While he was senator he was too busy campaigning for President than to be bothered with the business of being a Senator, and before that he was a community organizer.

No white candidate with such flimsy qualifications would have made it to the primaries, let alone the elections.

What has that gotten us? An ineffectual, incompetent of a president who does not have the confidence of the Democratic Party let alone the American people.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
A Truther and a Racist? What a pretty combination. Shouldn't you be spending your time in the Conspiracy forum?

Asking the questions the media should have asked 6 years ago makes me a truther and a racist? Got it.

And I'm not politically correct either. That gets me another racist label I'm sure.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
yes, because Carl Rove speaks for all of us.................

Actually, ConHog, she does have a point here. She got slammed a few times back then by members of the board for not being on board with Bush & Co.. I wasn't among them, but still, she has a point on this particular post. This sort of feeds into the "red State/Blue State" problem we've been having for about a decade now. Of course, she's no better, as she will definitely skip this post by me here backing her up, and paint me with the same broad brush as every single conservative in America, even though who might share her individual opinion on a given subject.

red states rule
09-03-2011, 03:30 AM

It is clear you are very worried about people like me taking your parties power away next year. I can see you whining how the racists tunred out in record numbers to defeat Obama

have yet to see you go one on one with anyone here on a serious topic

You consistenly fall back on the personal attacks, and dismiss facts as "rants". You draw the race card more often than Jesse James drew out his gun is weak attemps to defend your failing liberal President

IOW you behave like our Affrimative Action President. It is always someones else fault and people oppose him only because he is black. The only "complaint" I have seen you make about Obama is that he is not liberal enough for you

If the heat becomes to great for Jay Carney you would be perfect for the job as Obama's Press Sec.

You could pull out the race card 30 or 40 times days. I am sure that would give you a warm feeling all over Kart

red states rule
09-03-2011, 04:37 AM
I guess Carville is a racist in Kart's book

<IFRAME height=345 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fcJRAcSVtkY" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

KarlMarx
09-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Like David Letterman used to say...

Top Ten Accomplishments of the Obama Administration (feel free to add, I haven't been up on my current events)

10. Passed Obamacare which put the country at least 2 Trillion Dollars more in debt and will not improve the quality of medical care in this country

9. He hamstrung NASA, for the first time in 2 generations, American astronauts have to bum a ride from the Russians

8. He has managed to get American's credit rating downgraded

7. He has nearly doubled the national debt... now our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren can now be on the hook

6. He's gotten the unemployment rate down to 9.1 percent ... down from the 5 percent unemployment rate that that dummy George W Bush had us at

5. Since Obama has been president, the stock market has not yet recovered the nearly 6000 points since the crash

4. He's hamstrung the military and put nearly 50,00 people who worked for Defense Contractors on unemployment

3. He got us involved in the Libyan conflict without prior Congressional approval. That alone should be grounds for impreachment

2. The government has socialized the Health Care industry, attempted to socialize the auto manufacturing business, stopped the construction of a Boeing facility in the Carolinas that would have given jobs to over 35,000 people

1. Is there anyone who he hasn't bowed to?

One more top ten accomplishment of the Obama Administration. Its refusal to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act calling it "unconstitutional". It should not matter whether the administration agrees with gay marriage or not, the function of the Executive Branch is to enforce laws that are on the books. Period. It is not the function of the Executive Branch to declare which laws are unconstitutional. If the Obama Administration had enforced DOMA, New York State would not have gay marriage today, nor any other state.

That is impeachable offense #2....

red states rule
09-04-2011, 04:07 AM
From DNCTV and the Obama loving network. If you oppose Obama you are a racist. Kart must never tune his TV away from this network

<IFRAME height=345 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f2E9ERHJQtI" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>