PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry, Presidential Candidate!

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I have little respect for this man. Perry is perfect for Texas but not so much for the nation. Evidence? His own words. Oh, this is gonna be a fun campaign! :laugh:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/62531.html

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
He is the blagoyovich of the right.

All hair and no ethics

Gunny
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I have little respect for this man. Perry is perfect for Texas but not so much for the nation. Evidence? His own words. Oh, this is gonna be a fun campaign! :laugh:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/62531.html

He is the blagoyovich of the right.

All hair and no ethics

Try saying it like it is. You're going to enjoy participating in the leftwingnut smear campaign. Oh, and look who agrees with you .... truthmatters. She's so dumb and out of touch she shouldn't be allowed to vote.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't know about the ethics thing, but he is a wacko.

Maybe the strategy of the GOP is put up bizarre folks like Bachman, Paul, and Perry, so that a guy like Romney looks moderate. I doubt it, though. I think guys like RSR actually think Bachman, Paul, and Perry are good candidates. Frightning.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Parry has already flip flopped over and over again in his career.

You can NEVER tell what he is going to believe from one month to the next.

He believes whatever gets him to the next level

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-rick-perry-became-a-millionaire-2011-8

After being elected Agriculture Commissioner in 1989, however, Perry began investing (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) his considerably higher salary in land around Austin, getting in just before the housing boom sent Sun Belt real estate values skyrocketing. By 2007, Perry was reporting an income of over $1 million.
Here are some of Perry's more lucrative deals:

In 1993, Perry bought 10 acres of undeveloped land that drew interest from computer magnate Michael Dell (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/michael-dell), who needed the land to connect his home to sewer lines. In 1995, Dell (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/dell) bought the land from Perry for $465,000, more than triple what Perry had paid for it. Perry maintains that he did not know the land was valuable to Dell when he purchased it.

In 1996, Perry reported a $38,000 profit from selling stock (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) in Kinetic Concepts, a medical supply company owned by conservative Christian millionaire James Leininger, a major Republican political donor in Texas. Leininger has donated at least $250,000 to Perry's gubernatorial campaigns, and hosted a meeting this weekend to help Perry rally Christian support for his presidential bid. [The Huffington Post has a detailed outline of Leininger and Perry's relationship here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/27/religious-right-millionaire-rick-perry_n_938547.html)]

In the mid-1990s, Perry also invested in MKS Consulting, a natural gas production company founded by former Texas state representative Ric Williamson, a longtime friend of Perry's. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62214_Page4.html) The company profited handsomely from development of Texas' Barnett Shale.

In 2007, Perry sold a parcel of land in Horseshoe Bay for $1.1 million. He had purchased the lot in 2001 for $314,770.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-rick-perry-became-a-millionaire-2011-8#ixzz1WoULKnH2

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Try saying it like it is. You're going to enjoy participating in the leftwingnut smear campaign. Oh, and look who agrees with you .... truthmatters. She's so dumb and out of touch she shouldn't be allowed to vote.

You regularly participate in the rightwing smear campaign against Obama. Why is that better? Smear is smear.

Personally, I respect a guy like Huntman who can reconcile his religion with science even though I'm an atheist. Perry with his belief in Creationism can't seem to pull that off. Frankly I think people who believe in the literal truth of the bible fail any basic IQ test. It's a book with a lot of good things to say, but literal truth? :laugh:

fj1200
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-rick-perry-became-a-millionaire-2011-8

After being elected Agriculture Commissioner in 1989, however, Perry began investing (http://www.debatepolicy.com/#) his considerably higher salary in land around Austin, getting in just before the housing boom sent Sun Belt real estate values skyrocketing. By 2007, Perry was reporting an income of over $1 million.

He made more money and invested?!? Shocking.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 11:57 AM
So its ok to profit off of a political position?

lets not forget all the hey your side made of Clintons failed land deal and Obama buying a yard for his kids.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:59 AM
He made more money and invested?!? Shocking.

Are you a Perry fan, fj? I'd guess NOT in the abstract but that you'll support any Repub candidate over Obama in 2012.

fj1200
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
So its ok to profit off of a political position?

lets not forget all the hey your side made of Clintons failed land deal and Obama buying a yard for his kids.

Are you going to prove that? Also, I see you're more than willing to ignore Dem deals but not (alleged) Rep ones?

fj1200
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Are you a Perry fan, fj? I'd guess NOT in the abstract but that you'll support any Repub candidate over Obama in 2012.

I don't know yet, but yes, anyone is an improvement over BO.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Are you going to prove that? Also, I see you're more than willing to ignore Dem deals but not (alleged) Rep ones?

So you forgot about investigating whitewater fro 7 years?

You forgot about caviling about Obama buying a empty lot next to his house?

fj1200
09-02-2011, 12:21 PM
So you forgot about investigating whitewater fro 7 years?

You forgot about caviling about Obama buying a empty lot next to his house?

Who says I forgot anything? Whitewater was a dirty deal and BO got his lot sold below market. Why? I'm sure Rezko had nothing to do with it huh?

And I'm sure you're just chomping at the bit to prove your posit.

Gunny
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't know about the ethics thing, but he is a wacko.

Maybe the strategy of the GOP is put up bizarre folks like Bachman, Paul, and Perry, so that a guy like Romney looks moderate. I doubt it, though. I think guys like RSR actually think Bachman, Paul, and Perry are good candidates. Frightning.

In reality he's a moderate conservative. But I can understand how that word "moderate" throws you off.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 12:28 PM
The truth about how you all see the world is obvious.

Party over country.

Forgive anything an R does and condem everyting a dem does.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
In reality he's a moderate conservative. But I can understand how that word "moderate" throws you off.

Like "rational" throws you?

Certainly Rick Perry is NOT a socially moderate conservative. He might be economically moderate. I don't know. But his professed social agenda scares me.

fj1200
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Forgive anything an R does and condem everyting a dem does.

Not sure who you're talking to but usually there has to be proof of wrongdoing prior to forgiveness.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Perry is heads and shoulders above the dark one. Of course just about anyone is. I have doubts about Perry because of his pandering to muslims. He's another Bush. Great for the libs to hate but won't accomplish much in the long run.

Romney is a RINO to the fullest. He's also the media's darling. Note how his name gets put into every poll and many news stories even when they don't pertain to him.

Huntsman is a spineless, ball-less, dick-less wimp who won't make it to the primaries. If elected he would resign and hand the reigns over to the nearest democrap.

Bachmann has bigger balls and more spine than any of the first three. She's gotta be good because the media attacks her constantly over silly irrational shit. They don't like truth and facts.

Cain is being pretty much ignored. I guess it's the skin color. A competent black man is just too much of a threat to liberals. Especially one that didn't succeed through affirmative action.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Perry is heads and shoulders above the dark one. Of course just about anyone is. I have doubts about Perry because of his pandering to muslims. He's another Bush. Great for the libs to hate but won't accomplish much in the long run.

Romney is a RINO to the fullest. He's also the media's darling. Note how his name gets put into every poll and many news stories even when they don't pertain to him.

Huntsman is a spineless, ball-less, dick-less wimp who won't make it to the primaries. If elected he would resign and hand the reigns over to the nearest democrap.

Bachmann has bigger balls and more spine than any of the first three. She's gotta be good because the media attacks her constantly over silly irrational shit. They don't like truth and facts.

Cain is being pretty much ignored. I guess it's the skin color. A competent black man is just too much of a threat to liberals. Especially one that didn't succeed through affirmative action.

We certainly see the world through different glasses. :laugh:

fj1200
09-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Personally my hope is that the Perry or Romney administrations would be held in check with a solidly conservative majority in the House/Senate that would restrain government spending and regulatory creep. A true small government conservative in the WH with a restrained Congress would be ideal but AFAIK is unprecedented.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 12:55 PM
What makes you think the voters will vote for more republicans after they have broken their promise in the last election to help create jobs?

ZERO jobs is the result of the Rs having been given the house

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
What makes you think the voters will vote for more republicans after they have broken their promise in the last election to help create jobs?

ZERO jobs is the result of the Rs having been given the house

That coke bottle you live in doesn't allow for much vision does it?

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
The republicans were all excited about this big win in the last election.

What is it they delivered for the American people?

a 0 jobs record.

Why should they be rewarded with more seats?

fj1200
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
That coke bottle you live in doesn't allow for much vision does it?

Well one can try to have a debate with him/her/it but clearly he/she/it is not having it.

LE: I added "it" because it's become glaringly obvious that a simple computer program could be spouting a pre-programmed list of talking points.

fj1200
09-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Well, by my count they've created or SAVED ;) about 20 million jobs by blocking BO's attempts. I think that by far outstrips BO's claims.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Lies dont count in a reasonable debate.

Got something to back those numbers?

fj1200
09-02-2011, 01:20 PM

You certainly don't let that get in your way do you?

Yup, I did a study, it's been peer reviewed, and I'm about to go public.

Oops, I just did go public.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 01:23 PM
so no science is respected by you?

fj1200
09-02-2011, 01:24 PM
so no science is respected by you?

What a pointless post, science and I have mutual respect.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Where are the jobs the right promised their voters?

fj1200
09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
20 million jobs saved or created directly due to Republican House efforts. It's in the study folks.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Well one can try to have a debate with him/her/it but clearly he/she/it is not having it.

LE: I added "it" because it's become glaringly obvious that a simple computer program could be spouting a pre-programmed list of talking points.

Looking at its posts you could be right. A program makes sense. There are nothing but talking points coming from it.

truthmatters
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
These land deals wont dissapear because you pretend Im not human and call me names.

What a sad little world of lies you people inhabit

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 02:08 PM
These land deals wont dissapear because you pretend Im not human and call me names.

At least our real world is better than your coke bottle.

If you looked as closely at dem land deals as you do at repub land deals you might be disappointed with your idols.

fj1200
09-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Who wants them to disappear robot girl?

red states rule
09-03-2011, 04:11 AM

On thing is very clear TM

Obama stinks at creating private sector jobs; but his damn good at destroying private sector jobs

red states rule
09-03-2011, 04:13 AM
20 million jobs saved or created directly due to Republican House efforts. It's in the study folks.

A few months ago McDonalds had a National Hiring Day and added about 25,000 new workers.

That month the total number of jobs added for that month was around 53,000

Maybe Obama will send a letter to the CEO of McDonalds and beg them for a few more National Hiring Days

Maybe have some "stimulus" plan to teach people to flip burgers and operate the fry station

red states rule
09-03-2011, 06:09 AM
The republicans were all excited about this big win in the last election.

What is it they delivered for the American people?

a 0 jobs record.

and Obama has given us a jobless recovery even with a trillion dollar stimulus

BTW speaking of the stimulus

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz090211dAPR20110902124516.jpg