PDA

View Full Version : Arrests were racially motivated, say salespeople

chloe
09-02-2011, 07:46 PM
JEREMY RANCH, Summit County — Eight African-American door-to-door salespeople found themselves in jail this week for soliciting without a license, while they say their white colleague went free.

The incident Tuesday involving Summit County sheriff's deputies has the five men and three women claiming racial discrimination.

"I felt like it was kind of biased for us to be arrested and her not to be for doing the same thing," said Detroit native Ryan Jackson, a 44-year-old salesman for Adavanage Diversified Products. The Illinois-based company dispatches its sales force around the country to sell organic cleaning products.

"They gave us the impression they were racist," said Mike Young, a 10-year veteran of the company who has sold in Jeremy Ranch before. "They treated us like criminals."
Each was handcuffed and taken to the Summit County Jail where they spent nine hours being booked, photographed and fingerprinted. Their boss paid $100 bail for each of them, but authorities kept their backpacks containing products and personal items including credit cards and drivers' licenses.

Kristin Riege, a 20-year-old white woman, said she had just finished a sale on Lower Saddleback Road when an officer in a black unmarked police truck pulled alongside her and flashed a badge.

"He said, 'Be careful out there. We have just arrested all of your co-workers,'" Riege said. "He never told me to stop working."

Summit County Sheriff Dave Edmunds said he has no knowledge of that happening.

"My deputies say they never contacted her, so that's news to me," he said. Edmunds said the deputies, all of whom were in uniform, looked for a ninth person for nearly three hours but didn't find her.

"All of the people that were in the area were rounded up and they were booked into the Summit County Jail. That's something that we normally do. That's standard operating procedure," he said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17085359

Now here is a case of racism, right here in utah.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Shocking......Not.

Imagine. Racism in America. Who a thunk it?

And cuffs for solicitation? Seriously? Sounds more like a ticketable offense. If this story is true, the sheriffs dept will rightly suffer a lawsuit.

chloe
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Shocking......Not.

Imagine. Racism in America. Who a thunk it?

And cuffs for solicitation? Seriously? Sounds more like a ticketable offense. If this story is true, the sheriffs dept will rightly suffer a lawsuit.

It is in my local news so its being reported as true.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Eight of them? That's the entire black population of Utah isn't it?

Keep an eye on this for us Chloe, sounds like there is more to the story.

Interesting that their belongings weren't returned when they were released.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
It is in my local news so its being reported as true.

No doubt, but reporters are horrible on reporting on legal issues, imo. But even if the bare facts are true, it's a pretty horrible case for the cops. Stupid, too. I see a settlement in their future.

Trigg
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Racism? Looks more like the race card to me.

All the sales people were arrested but her, so they thought up the racism charge against the cops. Not very original IMHO.

chloe
09-02-2011, 09:00 PM
It seems odd they would tip off just the white girl.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 09:07 PM
It seems odd they would tip off just the white girl.

Also odd that it's a guy in an unmarked van who just flashed a badge. And no one seems to know who he is.

chloe
09-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Also odd that it's a guy in an unmarked van who just flashed a badge. And no one seems to know who he is.

It's also odd she wasn't with the group in the first place.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I think there's more to this than is being reported.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 09:29 PM

All the sales people were arrested but her, so they thought up the racism charge against the cops. Not very original IMHO.

And we wonder why race relations in this nation are so bad. 8/9 isn't enough? What proof do you need? Do the cops have to wear sheets, light a cross, scream racial slurs, and then MAYBE race was an issue?

But of course if one white guy didn't get a job becz of affirmative action, you'd be screaming at the injustice.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
And we wonder why race relations in this nation are so bad. 8/9 isn't enough? What proof do you need? Do the cops have to wear sheets, light a cross, scream racial slurs, and then MAYBE race was an issue?

But of course if one white guy didn't get a job becz of affirmative action, you'd be screaming at the injustice.

Race is important to liberals. So things like this are going to be highlighted in the news to help stir up the black and white hatred.

As for the white guy not getting a job. Should he be passed over for being white when he's more qualified than the black guy? That's affirmative action. Think you might be upset if it was you?

There is a new Jim Crow Law, it's called affirmative action.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Race is important to liberals. So things like this are going to be highlighted in the news to help stir up the black and white hatred.

As for the white guy not getting a job. Should he be passed over for being white when he's more qualified than the black guy? That's affirmative action. Think you might be upset if it was you?

There is a new Jim Crow Law, it's called affirmative action.

Thank you for so eloquently making my point.

Race is only important if it's white people getting discriminated against. Couldn't have said it better myself if I was wearing a sheet. :clap:

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM

Race is only important if it's white people getting discriminated against. Couldn't have said it better myself if I was wearing a sheet. :clap:

What's wrong with no one being discriminated against? That's my point.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
What's wrong with no one being discriminated against? That's my point.

That would be a noble point if you weren't blind.

8 of 9 folks get arrested for solicitation. All are black except for the 9th who only gets a verbal warning and you think there is no evidence of racism?

If you truly think that, that is why affirmative action is needed.

chloe
09-02-2011, 10:22 PM

8 of 9 folks get arrested for solicitation. All are black except for the 9th who only gets a verbal warning and you think there is no evidence of racism?

I rarely see any black people in utah, so I have no problem thinking its racial, I cant wait to bring it up in my racial and ethnicity class;)

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I rarely see any black people in utah, so I have no problem thinking its racial, I cant wait to bring it up in my racial and ethnicity class;)

I grew up in a Connecticut gold coast town. Pure white (only black kids in our school were 2 Ethiopian exchange students). If the cops saw a minority walking down the sidewalk, the cop pulled over to question them. I saw it happen two or three times.

People are suspicious of anyone who isn't like them. It is apparently human nature, but not a good one. America is still a tribal society, whether we like it or not.

ConHog
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM

I see this thread has devolved into more racism from you.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 10:37 PM

The white chick got away. Has nothing to do with affirmative action. Targeting black people for possible criminal action doesn't involve affirmative action. AA is about hiring practices or school entrance or business policy. If AA was used in these arrests then the white chick would have been arrested and the blacks let go.

As I said there's a lot of info missing on this case, whether it's racially motivated or not remains to be seen. It looks that way at first glance, but digging deeper may find something else. I'm still curious as to why they didn't release the peoples belongings. That's the part that makes me think there's more to this.

It will be a good discussion point for Chloe's class tho.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I see this thread has devolved into more racism from you.

That's quaint that you think that. You think race had nothing to do with this case either? Just it hurt to think that cops might be racist or make stupid mistakes? Or is it always the evil lawyers fault? :rolleyes:

chloe
09-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I grew up in a Connecticut gold coast town. Pure white (only black kids in our school were 2 Ethiopian exchange students). If the cops saw a minority walking down the sidewalk, the cop pulled over to question them. I saw it happen two or three times.

People are suspicious of anyone who isn't like them. It is apparently human nature, but not a good one. America is still a tribal society, whether we like it or not.

oh well i've lived pretty much all of my adult life in utah, there's not alot of diversity here. But when i was a kid I lived in several states, in arizona I had two best friends, there mom was white and dad black, they were the only kids who played with me because my parents were in a religious cult. Funny I know its a stereotype but looking back on it now I realize that there dad was a pimp.

:laugh2:

ConHog
09-02-2011, 10:48 PM
The white chick got away. Has nothing to do with affirmative action. Targeting black people for possible criminal action doesn't involve affirmative action. AA is about hiring practices or school entrance or business policy. If AA was used in these arrests then the white chick would have been arrested and the blacks let go.

As I said there's a lot of info missing on this case, whether it's racially motivated or not remains to be seen. It looks that way at first glance, but digging deeper may find something else. I'm still curious as to why they didn't release the peoples belongings. That's the part that makes me think there's more to this.

It will be a good discussion point for Chloe's class tho.

Gaffer haven't you figured out that KRB is one of "those" guys . He will see racism in EVERYTHING. I guarantee you he was cheering when Obama said " I haven't heard all the facts, but the police acted stupidly" , he's saying the same thing here " I don't have all the facts, but this is racism"

I bet you money right now to that KRB had NO problem with the Black Panthers not being charged with voter intimidation over the whole Penn incident .

J.T
09-02-2011, 10:54 PM
That's quaint that you think that. You think race had nothing to do with this case either?

I think Gaffer's probably right when he says there's more to this. I think the real racists are the ones who immediately see race and make this into a race issue before all the facts are know.

Gaffer haven't you figured out that KRB is one of "those" guys . He will see racism in EVERYTHING. I guarantee you he was cheering when Obama said " I haven't heard all the facts, but the police acted stupidly" , he's saying the same thing here " I don't have all the facts, but this is racism"

I bet you money right now to that KRB had NO problem with the Black Panthers not being charged with voter intimidation over the whole Penn incident .

Wasn't he also the one who admitted his client committed a traffic violation, then painted the officer as a racist for stopping him after witnessing the violation? 'Driving while black' :rolleyes:

ConHog
09-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I think Gaffer's probably right when he says there's more to this. I think the real racists are the ones who immediately see race and make this into a race issue before all the facts are know.

Wasn't he also the one who admitted his client committed a traffic violation, then painted the officer as a racist for stopping him after witnessing the violation? 'Driving while black' :rolleyes:

Yes he was.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:02 PM
ConHog and JT agreeing on race issues.

Time to shave your head, ConHog! :salute:

chloe
09-02-2011, 11:07 PM

I don't think conhog is a racist

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Just because I answered yes to JT's question about you doesn't mean that I agree with his views on race you idiot. I think you've been cooped up at home too long, but I suspect you rather sit at home collecting your welfare than lowering yourself to working at McDonalds or something eh? I mean seriously dude, you're starting to worry me. You seem incapable of thought lately.

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't think conhog is a racist

I clearly am not and in fact have asked JT to stop being so racist. KRB is just being an idiot.

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Just because I answered yes to JT's question about you doesn't mean that I agree with his views on race you idiot. I think you've been cooped up at home too long, but I suspect you rather sit at home collecting your welfare than lowering yourself to working at McDonalds or something eh? I mean seriously dude, you're starting to worry me. You seem incapable of thought lately.

Ouch! Coming from you...

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Ouch! Coming from you...

I'm retired , and in fact have turned down 4 job offers since retiring last year. You on the other hand can't find anyone who wants you as a lawyer. I bet money McDonalds is hiring in your town though.

Gaffer
09-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I shave my head. Have been doing it for years. When you don't have much hair you might as well take it all off. But I guess that makes me a racist too.

J.T
09-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I clearly am not

Is that why you referred to black people as 'niggers' twice in the same post?

KartRacerBoy
09-02-2011, 11:20 PM

:clap:

At least JT has the courage of his rather sick convictions. He OWNs that he's a racist. Guys like RSR pretend they aren't racists, act racist, and then get all teary eyed when they are called out. Jesus, if you're going to be a bigot, OWN IT. Be proud of your petty little beliefs.

chloe
09-02-2011, 11:26 PM

At least JT has the courage of his rather sick convictions. He OWNs that he's a racist. Guys like RSR pretend they aren't racists, act racist, and then get all teary eyed when they are called out. Jesus, if you're going to be a bigot, OWN IT. Be proud of your petty little beliefs.

Everyone is bigoted or racist in some form.

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:27 PM

JB errr I mean JT you know what I think about that word. It's a fucking word. If it was so offensive two black guys wouldn't run up to each other screaming "my nigger" at each other as they chest bump. My wife has never in the 6 years I have known her either ran up to another Hispanic and yelled "my beaner" as she chest bumped them, nor had one try to do it to her. Because they actually find the term offensive and so don't use it themselves.

The "outrage" over the word nigger is in fact fauxrage. Some black people are niggers, no different than some white people are white trash. Big deal.

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:28 PM

So you gotta take a shot at someone who isn't posting in the thread? What a bitch move.

I'm going to PM you an application for employment at McDonalds by the way. I think you could handle it.

J.T
09-02-2011, 11:41 PM
JB errr I mean JT you know what I think about that word. It's a fucking word. If it was so offensive two black guys wouldn't run up to each other screaming "my nigger" at each other as they chest bump. My wife has never in the 6 years I have known her either ran up to another Hispanic and yelled "my beaner" as she chest bumped them, nor had one try to do it to her. Because they actually find the term offensive and so don't use it themselves.

The "outrage" over the word nigger is in fact fauxrage. Some black people are niggers, no different than some white people are white trash. Big deal.

The head of the run in prison was a White Nationalist. He used the exact same argument when he referred to them as niggers, claiming that their use of the ignorant mispronunciation (nigga) justified it. Oddly, he didn't have the same view of blacks calling Whites peckerwoods (a derogatory term used in the same manner as redneck, derived from the red colouring on the neck of some woodpeckers) and crackers (short for whipcracker, which is basically to call White man A Jewish [since Jews were much more likely than non-Jewish Whites to own slaves] slaveholder and push the whole White Guilt bullshit), even though there are also Whites who use the word cracker (or 'cracka', in the case of wiggers) and some WN call themselves Peckerwoods and even have the word tattooed on their body (though the word is still considered very disrespectful in some places and some people are more than willing fight over being called by the word).

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:48 PM
The head of the run in prison was a White Nationalist. He used the exact same argument when he referred to them as niggers, claiming that their use of the ignorant mispronunciation (nigga) justified it. Oddly, he didn't have the same view of blacks calling Whites peckerwoods (a derogatory term used in the same manner as redneck, derived from the red colouring on the neck of some woodpeckers) and crackers (short for whipcracker, which is basically to call White man A Jewish [since Jews were much more likely than non-Jewish Whites to own slaves] slaveholder and push the whole White Guilt bullshit), even though there are also Whites who use the word cracker (or 'cracka', in the case of wiggers) and some WN call themselves Peckerwoods and even have the word tattooed on their body (though the word is still considered very disrespectful in some places and some people are more than willing fight over being called by the word).

I would equally say that any white guy who protests against being called a redneck or a peckerwood is full of fauxrage as well.

J.T
09-02-2011, 11:50 PM
I would equally say that any white guy who protests against being called a redneck or a peckerwood is full of fauxrage as well.

So any black man who doesn't like being called a nigger when you drive past in your truck wearing your klan robes is full of faux rage and should shut his nigger mouth and stop complaining?

chloe
09-02-2011, 11:53 PM
So any black man who doesn't like being called a nigger when you drive past in your truck wearing your klan robes is full of faux rage and should shut his nigger mouth and stop complaining?

he should if he shuts his mouth when black gang bangers drive buy slowly in there low rider and gold chains saying wassup nigga, if said black man keeps his mouth shut to them then yeah keeps it shut to the klan man too.

ConHog
09-02-2011, 11:55 PM

While that is a funny visual, I would in fact say yes, anyone who claims to be offended over a fucking word is a liar and simply seeking a reason to act outraged. If some black man in cruised by my farm in his 75 chevy impala with 20" wheels wearing his full Black Panther costume shouted out his window "honkie" at me, I would laugh and go on with my day as if nothing happened.

J.T
09-02-2011, 11:59 PM
he should if he shuts his mouth when black gang bangers drive buy slowly in there low rider and gold chains saying wassup nigga, if said black man keeps his mouth shut to them then yeah keeps it shut to the klan man too.

Because of the fear that both might kill him? He should be too scared to complain when racist Whites call him a nigger if he avoids confrontations with gangbangers because he doesn't want to get shot?

So, basically you support using scare tactics to force blacks to accept their place in the back of the bus?

Have you been going cross-burning with Conhog lately?

ConHog
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Because of the fear that both might kill him? He should be too scared to complain when racist Whites call him a nigger if he avoids confrontations with gangbangers because he doesn't want to get shot?

So, basically you support using scare tactics to force blacks to accept their place in the back of the bus?

Damn you're hilarious. You were on here just the other day calling blacks animals and beasts, and do it all the time, and now you're trying to call other people racists?

chloe
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM

sure I am pointing out if he wants to overcome his fear and he doesnt like that word then dont allow anyone to say it.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Um, just to chime in here, but what if it wasn't race that motivated the woman being let go? Sure, she's white, I'm not disputing that, but what if the cope didn't feel right about arresting her? A lot of male cops have an issue with arresting a woman, and are less likely to do so for whatever reason. But it might not be racism at all.

fj1200
09-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Gaffer haven't you figured out that KRB is one of "those" guys . He will see racism in EVERYTHING.

As opposed to being one of "those" guys who sees racism in NOTHING?

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2011, 07:09 AM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17085359

Now here is a case of racism, right here in utah.

since the ones arrested were all men and she wasn't, how do you know it wasn't a case of sexism.....(never mind, just went and read the full article).....

red states rule
09-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Well it is about time for the Justice Brothers to come to town with the liberal media following close behind

http://friendlytavern.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/justicebros.jpg

Trigg
09-03-2011, 07:39 AM

You only have her word that she got a verbal warning. So no there is no evidence of racism.

red states rule
09-03-2011, 07:44 AM
You only have her word that she got a verbal warning. So no there is no evidence of racism.

I bet Kart took the side of the stripper in the Duke lacrosse case and thought those rich, white, southern guys raped that poor down and out single black mom who has to make her living taking off her clothes

It fit the liberal agenda of a racist America perfectly - just like this case does

Only problem is the strippers story was not true

This case as well does not contavin any racism - much to the dismay of Kart and his fellow libs

Trigg
09-03-2011, 07:56 AM
I bet Kart took the side of the stripper in the Duke lacrosse case and thought those rich, white, southern guys raped that poor down and out single black mom who has to make her living taking off her clothes

It fit the liberal agenda of a racist America perfectly - just like this case does

Only problem is the strippers story was not true

This case as well does not contavin any racism - much to the dismay of Kart and his fellow libs

Exactly, why is it that everytime racism is alleged the innocent until proven guilty is thrown out the window??

Someone in an unmarked truck flashed a badge? Who knows if this is even true, we only have this girls word for it. Sounds more like something this group has made up in order to flash the race card and create controversy.

I love that at the end of the story they say the group has moved on to selling somewhere else. I guess they are still not worried about selling without a license. Maybe the cops should increase the fine and they would get the idea that what they are doing is illegal.

red states rule
09-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Exactly, why is it that everytime racism is alleged the innocent until proven guilty is thrown out the window??

Someone in an unmarked truck flashed a badge? Who knows if this is even true, we only have this girls word for it. Sounds more like something this group has made up in order to flash the race card and create controversy.

I love that at the end of the story they say the group has moved on to selling somewhere else. I guess they are still not worried about selling without a license. Maybe the cops should increase the fine and they would get the idea that what they are doing is illegal.

With libs, if you are white, a Tea Party member, listen to talk radio you are a racist.

Kart has tagged me a racist simply because I oppose Obama and his failed policies. People who have been here for years know I am not a racist, but that matters little to the Obama drones

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 08:33 AM

:laugh:

How about the fact that the white person committed the exact same act and she was the only one not arrested? :rolleyes:

Yeah, not a drip of evidence.

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
With libs, if you are white, a Tea Party member, listen to talk radio you are a racist.

Kart has tagged me a racist simply because I oppose Obama and his failed policies. People who have been here for years know I am not a racist, but that matters little to the Obama drones

No. I've called you a racist becz you call him the Affirmative Action President and the "dark one." Your vapid hate and stupidity don't enter into the equation.

red states rule
09-03-2011, 08:37 AM

How about the fact that the white person committed the exact same act and she was the only one not arrested? :rolleyes:

So what if all the facts have not come out yet Kart - you have to play your race card. Race baiters like you only keep turing up the heat and looking for a reason =to yell "racism"

ConHog
09-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Kart, you are a race baiter. 3 threads in the last 4 days where you have thrown the racism card for no apparent reason.

People like you lessen the outrage over real racism when it happens.

Trigg
09-03-2011, 12:37 PM

How about the fact that the police know nothing about an officer saying anything or even seeing this woman.

You're right about one thing, there is not a drop of evidence.

You are calling the police racists with NO EVIDENCE. :slap:

This is a case of he said/she said we dont' know what happened. You are a race baiter so you're jumping on the one racist bandwagon with NO EVIDENCE.

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Dear god. Who knew how many klan members this site had? Like I said, at least JT owns his racism and is honest about it.

fj has you guys nailed. I may see racism too often (but I doubt it). However, you folks NEVER see it even when it shits on you.

Maybe the girl didn't get a verbal warning. As I said early in the thread, legal matters are rarely reported well. However, the fact that the 8 blacks were 'Noticed" and got arrested while the white girl doing the same thing might not have been bothered speaks volumes in an all white community.

But that's probably just me being a race baiter.

ConHog
09-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Dear god. Who knew how many klan members this site had? Like I said, at least JT owns his racism and is honest about it.

fj has you guys nailed. I may see racism too often (but I doubt it). However, you folks NEVER see it even when it shits on you.

Maybe the girl didn't get a verbal warning. As I said early in the thread, legal matters are rarely reported well. However, the fact that the 8 blacks were 'Noticed" and got arrested while the white girl doing the same thing might not have been bothered speaks volumes in an all white community.

There is no maybe about it, YOU see racism where there is non. Black man pulled over for swerving over the double yellow? Racism................. That alone pegged you for who you are.

OCA
09-03-2011, 01:31 PM
So what if all the facts have not come out yet Kart - you have to play your race card. Race baiters like you only keep turing up the heat and looking for a reason =to yell "racism"

You call him the "dark one" and put up avatars with only the blacks who criticize Obama.....................your racism is so clear that even eggs in the fillopians can see it.

RSR................plays the race card like its an every Sunday poker game.

OCA
09-03-2011, 01:33 PM

When its a white thats let off "the facts have not all come out yet", when its blacks its an open and shut case of reverse racism.

Racist

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
There is no maybe about it, YOU see racism where there is non. Black man pulled over for swerving over the double yellow? Racism................. That alone pegged you for who you are.

The judge took weeks to decide in the state's favor and issued a 15 pg opinion to cover his position.

Yeah. It was open and shut. :rolleyes:

ConHog
09-03-2011, 01:59 PM
The judge took weeks to decide in the state's favor and issued a 15 pg opinion to cover his position.

Yeah. It was open and shut. :rolleyes:

You're fooling no one. Your drunk black not being found guilty of being drunk does not in fact mean the white cop was guilty of racism.

You're a racist.

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 02:07 PM
You're fooling no one. Your drunk black not being found guilty of being drunk does not in fact mean the white cop was guilty of racism.

You're a racist.

I just can't figure you out ConHog. I don't know if you're a stupid ex-cop that doesn't know shit or if you're a racist and stupid ex-cop that doesn't know shit. It is a mystery.

fj1200
09-03-2011, 02:41 PM
You're a racist.

Which race does he feel is superior to another?

fj1200
09-03-2011, 02:46 PM

No, he's the one who pointed out that a jury of an innocent man's peers questioned the rationale for pulling over a citizen in the first place and why their time was wasted on such trivialities. Did KRB say he painted the officer as "racist" or are you relying on facts not in evidence?

Yes he was.

Quite the company you're keeping here CH.

fj1200
09-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Who needs to be original when, based on what we know, it's damning evidence.

I think there's more to this than is being reported.

Of course there is more than is being reported but at this point it's pretty easy, based on what we know, that the UT cops are going to be answering some questions. If this lines up like the Duke case then it's another black eye, no pun, for the media and if it doesn't then don't jump to defense out of because something like this "could never happen."

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 03:00 PM

What specific code were they charged/arrested with? If they broke a law, and were arrested, it doesn't matter what happens to others. Sure, you can cry racism for the one who got away with it, but that wouldn't make the black folks any less guilty if they in fact did break the law. And like Gaffer asked, why were their belongings kept? Rather odd for what appears on its face to be a misdemeanor violation. In other words, there is definitely more here than what is in the story.

Or the white woman was just smarter than the others and didn't do anything illegal in front of LE, and maybe the others did? Maybe this woman HAD a license? Too many unanswered questions. Has anyone even read an official police report? So does this make me a racist because I would want ALL the facts before making a determination?

fj1200
09-03-2011, 03:04 PM
So does this make me a racist because I would want ALL the facts before making a determination?

You could at least be concerned about the disparate impact and possibility of selective enforcement.

OCA
09-03-2011, 03:20 PM
What specific code were they charged/arrested with? If they broke a law, and were arrested, it doesn't matter what happens to others. Sure, you can cry racism for the one who got away with it, but that wouldn't make the black folks any less guilty if they in fact did break the law. And like Gaffer asked, why were their belongings kept? Rather odd for what appears on its face to be a misdemeanor violation. In other words, there is definitely more here than what is in the story.

Or the white woman was just smarter than the others and didn't do anything illegal in front of LE, and maybe the others did? Maybe this woman HAD a license? Too many unanswered questions. Has anyone even read an official police report? So does this make me a racist because I would want ALL the facts before making a determination?

Why is it when its Blacks its an open and shut case and when its whites "we don't know the whole story"?

Shit in Utah you know damn well it was "holy shit John, look at those fucking niggers, they have to be doing something wrong, see if they have a cracked headlight or if they jaywalked, we'll teach these coons".

Gaffer
09-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Let me add some more speculation to this thread. There are a number of people soliciting in a neighborhood where a license is required for such action. Someone apparently called the police about them. What sparked suspicion was the fact they were all black in a white neighborhood. This was profiling on someones part. Now the question, where do these people come from? Are they local, out of state? Another part of the state? This could be a factor for not just ticketing them. And what exactly were they selling? My suspicion runs toward an identity theft ring.

J.T
09-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Let me add some more speculation to this thread. There are a number of people soliciting in a neighborhood where a license is required for such action. Someone apparently called the police about them. What sparked suspicion was the fact they were all black in a white neighborhood. This was profiling on someones part. Now the question, where do these people come from? Are they local, out of state? Another part of the state? This could be a factor for not just ticketing them. And what exactly were they selling? My suspicion runs toward an identity theft ring.

Deputies went to the neighborhood in response to a homeowner's complaint that a salesperson was "extremely aggressive and wouldn't take no for an answer," he said.

Maybe it had something to do with who met the description and who did not?

What'd the people bothering you look like?

Well, they were black, there were two or three women and a number of guys. They men all had White shirts and they were carrying bags...

A black guy in a red polo shirt walking his dog wouldn't have met such a description, nor would a White woman

OCA
09-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Wonder if white Jehovah's Witnesses are reported as suspicious..................hell no they aren't, but Blacks in Utah? Damn straight.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
You could at least be concerned about the disparate impact and possibility of selective enforcement.

And am I then supposed to do so with EVERY arrest I read about that doesn't contain all the facts? I'm not going with "either side" - rather I'm stating that you can't go ahead and label the arrests as racist without knowing all of the facts. EVERY time a black person is arrested the race card is brought up, facts be damned. For once I'd rather people wait for all the facts before condemning the cops.

OCA
09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Deputies went to the neighborhood in response to a homeowner's complaint that a salesperson was "extremely aggressive and wouldn't take no for an answer," he said.

Maybe it had something to do with who met the description and who did not?

What'd the people bothering you look like?

Well, they were black, there were two or three women and a number of guys. They men all had White shirts and they were carrying bags...

A black guy in a red polo shirt walking his dog wouldn't have met such a description, nor would a White woman

A salesman not taking the first no he gets! Perish the thought!

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 03:43 PM

As I've said multiple times, this story was poorly written. On the other hand, the statistics scream selective enforcement, as fj noted. And arresting for "soliciting" (door to door sales), how stupid is that? Ticket them and send them on their way. Arrest? Ridiculous. But I think that OCA's reaction is pretty accurate. If it's blacks who claim racism, the scream on this forum is "let's wait for the facts." If it's whites screaming about discrimination against them, the whole "lets wait for the facts" thing is never said; instead the racism is immediately apparent to the whites.. That says a lot about attitude to racism, IMO. It may not mean the people are racist, but they are certainly more suspicious if they think someone like THEM is being discriminated. But they are pretty quick to reject racism claims against someone like THEM. It's probably human nature on all sides of the racial divides, but that doesn't make it right.

I've grew up in a racist, all white, rich 25,000 person person town (Darien, CT). I've seen how people act in this context. "Outsiders" (ie, nonwhite) are immediately suspect just for being there. This looks a lot like that.

I wonder what kind of numbers some members of this forum need before they admit racism even MIGHT be an issue. 8 out of 9 isn't good enough apparently. 19 of 20? 45 of 50?

J.T
Wonder if white Jehovah's Witnesses are reported as suspicious..................hell no they aren't, but Blacks in Utah? Damn straight.

While annoying, JW tend to say 'okay, god bless' and go away when you tell them 'no'.

The complaint was that these people did not go away when refused.

jimnyc
Why is it when its Blacks its an open and shut case and when its whites "we don't know the whole story"?

Shit in Utah you know damn well it was "holy shit John, look at those fucking niggers, they have to be doing something wrong, see if they have a cracked headlight or if they jaywalked, we'll teach these coons".

Did the blacks have licenses? What were they charged with? Why were their possessions held onto?

OCA
09-03-2011, 03:44 PM
And am I then supposed to do so with EVERY arrest I read about that doesn't contain all the facts? I'm not going with "either side" - rather I'm stating that you can't go ahead and label the arrests as racist without knowing all of the facts. EVERY time a black person is arrested the race card is brought up, facts be damned. For once I'd rather people wait for all the facts before condemning the cops.

Thats what i'm gonna do with my next speeding ticket, not pay it because "the facts aren't all known", radar or no radar.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 03:45 PM
As I've said multiple times, this story was poorly written. On the other hand, the statistics scream selective enforcement, as fj noted. And arresting for "soliciting" (door to door sales), how stupid is that? Ticket them and send them on their way. Arrest? Ridiculous. But I think that OCA's reaction is pretty accurate. If it's blacks who claim racism, the scream on this forum is "let's wait for the facts." If whites screaming about discrimination against them, the whole "lets wait for the facts" thing is never said. That says a lot about attitude to racism, IMO. It may not mean the people are racist, but they are certainly more suspicious if they think someone like THEM is being discriminated. But they are pretty quick to reject racism claims against someone like THEM. It's probably human nature on all sides of the racial divides, but that doesn't make it right.

I've grew up in a racist, all white, 25000 person person town (Darien, CT). I've seen how people act in this context. "Outsiders" (ie, nonwhite) are immediately suspect just for being there. This looks a lot like that.

I wonder what kind of numbers some members of this forum need before they admit racism even MIGHT be an issue. 8 out of 9 isn't good enough apparently. 19 of 20? 45 of 50?

Did these 8 out of 9 have licenses as required by the law? Did the 9th person have one? Please provide proof of either of those questions...

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Thats what i'm gonna do with my next speeding ticket, not pay it because "the facts aren't all known", radar or no radar.

Radar and police report = facts entered
no police report and news article DOES NOT = facts

OCA
Did the blacks have licenses? What were they charged with? Why were their possessions held onto?

For real? Its Utah! Cops were probably looking for gold or cash so they can pay this year's tithe.

Do your local white Jehovahs have licenses? Maybe we should check into that and if they don't have em pinched.

ConHog

That's not good enough. IF a black man is even questioned by a white LEO it IS racism PERIOD. So says KRB.

ConHog
09-03-2011, 03:47 PM
For real? Its Utah! Cops were probably looking for gold or cash so they can pay this year's tithe.

Do your local white Jehovahs have licenses? Maybe we should check into that and if they don't have em pinched.

As annoying as JW are, they don't sell anything and so don't need a license. They aren't solicitating, they are merely annoying.

OCA
09-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Radar and police report = facts entered
no police report and news article DOES NOT = facts

Well by all means search the web! Lets get the police report! I'm sure it will tell the truth and say "there were 8 or 9 niggers walking around and by God we can't just have niggers running around freely in Utah!":laugh2:

OCA
09-03-2011, 03:50 PM
As annoying as JW are, they don't sell anything and so don't need a license. They aren't solicitating, they are merely annoying.

I'm guessing that is all these salespeople were.................and Black.

Gaffer
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
If they are not local but from out of state then the police would arrest them and take them in, because they could just ignore the ticket and not go back to Utah. They could continue their soliciting until the court date the skip out. Extradition is not done over misdemeanors.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing that is all these salespeople were.................and Black.

And unlicensed.

But why look at the facts and all the facts first when we can just cry racism and get our way.

J.T
09-03-2011, 04:01 PM

You know JW aren't selling anything, right? They're evangelizing, which doesn't require a license like door-to-door sales.

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:02 PM
And unlicensed.

But why look at the facts and all the facts first when we can just cry racism and get our way.

Are you shitting me? Next time some kid comes to the door selling some raffle ticket or other ask him to show you his license lol

Most dor to doors don't get licenses LMFAO! Thats a fucking beaureaucratic technicality.

J.T
09-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Are you shitting me? Next time some kid comes to the door selling some raffle ticket or other ask him to show you his license lol

Most dor to doors don't get licenses LMFAO! Thats a fucking beaureaucratic technicality.

So your defense is that you should excused for rape or murder because others have committed the same crime?

Et tu is hardly a defense

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:05 PM
You know JW aren't selling anything, right? They're evangelizing, which doesn't require a license like door-to-door sales.

Reference post #90

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM

Almost every person that has ever knocked on my door has had a license hanging around their neck. The only ones who haven't are the kiddies selling local candy and raffles - which is much different than selling for a large company.

OCA
So your defense is that you should excused for rape or murder because others have committed the same crime?

Et tu is hardly a defense

LMFAO! They teach reading comprehension 101 at the local JUCO here, i'll pay your fee.

ConHog

Sure it's a technicality, the law is all about technicality. And selective enforcement. How many times have big titted blondes been let off of tickets that a slump buster may not have got out of?

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Did these 8 out of 9 have licenses as required by the law? Did the 9th person have one? Please provide proof of either of those questions...

I'm pretty sure if the lillywhite girl had a license, the story would say it. They all worked for the same employer. I'm guessing the employer didn't know some podunk town required a license (or maybe only for blacks?).

I go back to OCA quite insightful comment. Wait for the facts if a minority says there might've been discrimination but if white claim discrimination, it's open and shut discrimination even before the lawsuit is filed.

Once again, I wonder how many klan sheets are in the closets of the members of this forum.

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Almost every person that has ever knocked on my door has had a license hanging around their neck. The only ones who haven't are the kiddies selling local candy and raffles - which is much different than selling for a large company.

Bullshit! I've never seen anybody come to my door with a license haning from their neck................maybe those were a pack of dogs you are thinking of.

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Sure it's a technicality, the law is all about technicality. And selective enforcement. How many times have big titted blondes been let off of tickets that a slump buster may not have got out of?

And how many times have Blacks been pinched for something whites get off on like in this case?

Untold thousands

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm pretty sure if the lillywhite girl had a license, the story would say it. They all worked for the same employer. I'm guessing the employer didn't know some podunk town required a license (or maybe only for blacks?).

I go back to OCA quite insightful comment. Wait for the facts if a minority says there might've been discrimination but if white claim discrimination, it's open and shut discrimination even before the lawsuit is filed.

Once again, I wonder how many klan sheets are in the closets of the members of this forum.

That's a lot of GUESSING going on there. Wouldn't facts count more than guesses? And since I don't want to take a side against either, that makes me a klan member? I guess every single judge in the USA is racist, as every one of them is going to wait for all of the facts before rendering a decision.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Bullshit! I've never seen anybody come to my door with a license haning from their neck................maybe those were a pack of dogs you are thinking of.

The law doesn't care what you think or claim. All that matters in this case is the facts, the police report and the version of those charged - then a decision from the court system. As I am doing, the courts will wait for all of the facts before declaring anyone guilty or "racist".

OCA

Or the homeowner who actually made the report.........I'M SURE they reported it because of a licensing issue!:laugh2::laugh2:

ConHog

You've made this stupid claim several times in this thread now. Can you please cite a few examples of whites claiming racial discrimination and blacks being persecuted for such without the facts backing up the claims?

I'll wait.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Or the homeowner who actually made the report.........I'M SURE they reported it because of a licensing issue!:laugh2::laugh2:

And if they did it out of spite, or racism - how would that make the police racists if the blacks didn't in fact have license.

Also, to you and KRB - WHY were their possessions held on to? Was this a misdemeanor charge or felony?

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
The law doesn't care what you think or claim. All that matters in this case is the facts, the police report and the version of those charged - then a decision from the court system. As I am doing, the courts will wait for all of the facts before declaring anyone guilty or "racist".

I'd be interested to find out how many other "non licensed door to door" cases are filed every year?

I'm all in on nil to none................unless it were brothers selling shit.

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:21 PM
And if they did it out of spite, or racism - how would that make the police racists if the blacks didn't in fact have license.

Also, to you and KRB - WHY were their possessions held on to? Was this a misdemeanor charge or felony?

Already answered the posessions question awhile back.

The non-licensing was just a bonus........................a sweet alibi for the cops and residents of this hillbilly joint.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd be interested to find out how many other "non licensed door to door" cases are filed every year?

I'm all in on nil to none................unless it were brothers selling shit.

Probably about as many that are complained about. And if someone complains, and you're selling within the law, you have nothing to worry about. If you're outside of the law, then you get charged. Or you can read a story online, declare not only innocence or guilt, but also declare the police racists.

Facts, Mike, facts. You used to debate with them and even demand them. Now you just want to argue anything against the majority. I'll play this game with you guys some more when you can supply a police report, the code in which they were charged, and why the specific white woman wasn't charged. Without these facts, this entire thread is pure speculation.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Already answered the posessions question awhile back.

The non-licensing was just a bonus........................a sweet alibi for the cops and residents of this hillbilly joint.

If the perp is breaking the law then the police can't be blamed for enforcing the law. See how cool that is - don't break the law and you don't get charged. What a concept that is!

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Probably about as many that are complained about. And if someone complains, and you're selling within the law, you have nothing to worry about. If you're outside of the law, then you get charged. Or you can read a story online, declare not only innocence or guilt, but also declare the police racists.

Facts, Mike, facts. You used to debate with them and even demand them. Now you just want to argue anything against the majority. I'll play this game with you guys some more when you can supply a police report, the code in which they were charged, and why the specific white woman wasn't charged. Without these facts, this entire thread is pure speculation.

You know damn well if this were an affirmative action reverse racism case nobody here would give a fuck about the "facts".

Now I can't believe what I believe? I'm just going against the majority just to go against it?

Please

ConHog
09-03-2011, 04:27 PM
If the perp is breaking the law then the police can't be blamed for enforcing the law. See how cool that is - don't break the law and you don't get charged. What a concept that is!

Black man swerves over double yellow, white LEO witnesses it and pulls black guy over. Black men ends up arrested for DUI. Black guy goes to trial and is acquitted of DUI THIS proves the cop is a racist.

That is the line of reasoning these folks use. You're wasting your time.

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Its Utah! Ever been there? I have...........................we both know whats going on here.

ConHog
09-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Its Utah! Ever been there? I have...........................we both know whats going on here.

Actually, we ALL know what is going on here. You're a nitwit who is jumping to conclusions.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:33 PM

Did the 8 black people have licenses as the law requires? Claim whatever you like, but they dug their own grave if they were in fact operating without them. See how breaking the law bites you in the ass sometimes? I don't care WHERE this took place. I would expect the same thing whether in rural Utah or in Harlem. People break laws and the police enforce them. I suppose the police should have ignored the complaint and the fact that they were unlicensed, just so others couldn't imply racism? Doesn't work that way, gyro eater!

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Actually, we ALL know what is going on here. You're a nitwit who is jumping to conclusions.

And you are a lazy ablebodied American who won't support himself.

OCA
09-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Did the 8 black people have licenses as the law requires? Claim whatever you like, but they dug their own grave if they were in fact operating without them. See how breaking the law bites you in the ass sometimes? I don't care WHERE this took place. I would expect the same thing whether in rural Utah or in Harlem. People break laws and the police enforce them. I suppose the police should have ignored the complaint and the fact that they were unlicensed, just so others couldn't imply racism? Doesn't work that way, gyro eater!

I give up...................1 last thing though.............can you site me, out of the multitudes of "affirmative action, reverse racism" threads we've had over the years where one of the right wing lapdogs here has said" lets wait for the facts before rendering an opinion"?

Seems to me the grand poobah of fucking douchebags here......RSR........renders an opinion on every alleged complaint against unions without knowing jackshit about the "facts"..............the lapdogs stay silent as 1 would expect.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:47 PM
I give up...................1 last thing though.............can you site me, out of the multitudes of "affirmative action, reverse racism" threads we've had over the years where one of the right wing lapdogs here has said" lets wait for the facts before rendering an opinion"?

Seems to me the grand poobah of fucking douchebags here......RSR........renders an opinion on every alleged complaint against unions without knowing jackshit about the "facts"..............the lapdogs stay silent as 1 would expect.

Don't know and don't care to look for CITations, as I'm pretty much a prick who only cares about himself, and I pretty much try to gather facts and keep myself informed of all of them before rendering a decision.

Should the judge who will be hearing these cases wait for all of the facts before giving decisions? What about other judges throughout the nation that have multitudes of blacks being brought before them by white officers? Should they wait for the facts before making decisions - or do we know already that in each instance the police are racist? No need for police and/or courts when blacks are involved! Yipee!

Sir Evil
09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty much a prick who only cares about himself

FACT! :laugh2:

ConHog
09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
And you are a lazy ablebodied American who won't support himself.

Once again, I'm sorry you are mad that I was smart enough to plan a career that provided for the opportunity for me to retire at age 40, but I did and I EARNED the retirement that they agreed to pay me upon my retirement. I'm sorry that Burger King doesn't offer you a retirement plan.

jimnyc
09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
FACT! :laugh2:

See that, Mike, if a flaming fucking idiot like Sir Evil here can recognize facts from guesses (krb), than surely the guy from the Dos Equis commercials can too!

red states rule
09-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Moved pissing match posts to the Cage where they belong.

fj1200
09-04-2011, 07:30 AM
^Thank you.

red states rule
09-04-2011, 07:31 AM
^Thank you.

Your welcome. Now the adults may continue to have a serious conversation on the issue

fj1200
09-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey I take it back, you put some of my posts over there. :mad:

How is anyone going to see my steady dismantling of CH and his position?

red states rule
09-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey I take it back, you put some of my posts over there. :mad:

How is anyone going to see my steady dismantling of CH and his position?

They can now gop to the Cage and read the thread. Simple enough isn't it?

I simply sent the last 4 pages or so over there, and did not play favorites on the post author.
I am sure you understand that FJ

OCA
09-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Moved pissing match posts to the Cage where they belong.

Post removed due to rules violation. Members may not question staff actions in public

RSR

fj1200
09-04-2011, 08:17 AM
I am sure you understand that FJ

Jus' yankin' yer chain. :beer:

red states rule
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Jus' yankin' yer chain. :beer:

No problem FJ. The crap from the thread disruspters wil be brought under control. Some may feel they do what they want when they want - but that is not the case.